Annihilation

Natkino is back on the menu boys.

>In the science fiction film Annihilation, Natalie Portman plays a scientist named Lena, who is part of an expedition tasked with exploring an area which has been taken over by a mysterious force. “[She] finds a very strange, dream-like, surrealist landscape, and goes deeper and deeper into that world, and also into that mindset,” says writer-director Alex Garland (Ex Machina). Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tuva Novotny, Gina Rodriguez, and Tessa Thompson costar as her fellow team members, while Oscar Isaac plays Portman’s husband.

>One other character of note featured in the film? An alligator, as is revealed in EW’s exclusive first look photo, above. “It is their first tangible encounter with something strange,” says Garland. “The alligator has physical elements to it that should not belong on an alligator. They’re starting to get their heads around how weird the place is.”

>Annihilation is based on JeffVanderMeer’s 2014 novel, the first book in the Southern Reach trilogy, which the author continued with Authority and then wrapped up with Acceptance. “I was in post-production on Ex Machina, and one of the producers of that film, Scott Rudin, called up and said, ‘I just acquired this book, I think it’s interesting and, would you take a look,'” says Garland, whose screenwriting credits also include Dredd and 28 Days Later. “I don’t finish books, or films, or anything, really, if it isn’t grabbing me for one reason. Well, I read it in a sitting. I found the atmosphere incredibly strong and I liked the kind of dream state that it created and put me in. It had all sorts of qualities that I found really interesting. I thought immediately, Yes, I’d like to try this.”

i hope she does lewd scenes!

dumb nat

wow, very rude

>lovecraftian

>natkino
>pic is natalie hershlag with an alligator
I unironically thought this was a new show on National Geographic where they get celebrities to do field work in the jungle with animal experts.

This book is terrible. With all the other stuff floating around in Hollywood Limbo why does shit like this get made?

They should have shown a picture that shows off the cinematography or something. Not a flat shot of Natalie Portman looking at an Alligator. This doesn't make me very hopeful. This had the potential of being a modern Stalker

To make you mad for having shit taste

Does nats character go to the bathroom in her pants?

>find alligator, animal with very strong jaws
>have someone hold it's head up even though they don't bend that way
>stick your head in

Did Ridley Scott write this?

Who here read the book, and liked it? I'm slightly annoyed that we get to know the Biologist's name in this.

Does Natalies character shit herself at all?

Sounds kino

I only read the first book. It was fine, had a good atmosphere, but it didn't give any answers to anything which annoyed me. Are the sequels good?

>Are the sequels good?

They're not as good, from what I hear. The second book focuses on a guy trying to work through the mysterious office politics of the company in charge of the expedition, which can be boring, though it ramps up in the last few chapters. Never reead the third book. I think the 3rd book does give more answers, though.

It's dead Jim

that's pretty funny

I'd watch that.

>Hershlag and Isaac in a surrealist sci fi movie
okay you've got my attention desu

I read the first few chapters after seeing this.

They consist of a lame-ass contrived spew of bullshit as to why they're not to have modern equipment.

Tell me it gets better.

>The book is terrible
Damn, really?

>i just acquired this book

lmao like anyone talks like that

Sounds a little like Stalker.

Maybe the book isn't for you.

>Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tuva Novotny, Gina Rodriguez, and Tessa Thompson costar as her fellow team members
Am I correct in understanding that this is an all-female team?

whats the plot? Spoil the entire thing

Is the book good? I wanna read something

Yes.

There's a reason for that. The last expedition was all male and mixed, so they wanted to control for experimental factors by using an "all-female group."

>it's a Sup Forums saves discovery episode

just read a summary...it's shit

LIGHTHOUSE FORCE CAN TURN PEOPLE INTO ANIMALS AND AFFECT TIME, LMAO

So the alligator is a person?

No, they are all trannies.

No we are the alligator

I read the books first and only saw Stalker last year and I immediately thought that like there's no way these books weren't direct references to Stalker

you've read the book? is it good? is it like stalker or something?

Holup so what's so surreal about this fucking croc, is it just that it looks albino?