You Can't Deny It

The First 3 seasons of Spongebob and the first movie were a solid 8.5/10 series.
Try and prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2CzQSFcE6n8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

9/10

The first three seasons are literally 10/10. Shame about the rest of the show

100/100

The movie was decent, but it was the beginning of the "New spongebob" starting to creep in.

Spongebob was always immature, but here, he's all of a sudden portrayed as having baby toys in his room, worshipping a cartoon mascot, and being called a "kid" by everyone, and his voice is more higher-pitched for some reason.

Also, they changed King Neptune for no reason (oddly, they changed him back in the post-movie episodes)

*First 4 Seasons and movie are 10/10

Season 5 is a 6/10

Everything else ranges from a 0/10 to a 5/10

I'd go as a high as 10/10 really. I can't really think of another animated kid's show with comedic timing as good as early Spongebob's.

>tfw you missed the Spongebob zeitgeist when you were young

Never will have that Spongebob nostalgia

Eh, I know i'm being a nitpicky nerd, but I'd say the only good part of season 4 was the first half, which still had some witty jokes and likable elements (i.e. Fear of a Krabby Patty, Krabs vs. Plankton, Selling out, Krusty Towers). The second half of 4 (i.e. All that Glitters) and all of 5 were generally terrible, mostly toilet humor and SB screaming/crying endlessly.

You can tell the remaining pre-movie writers left halfway thru s4, cause the first half of 4 just feels tonally way different from the second half. The witty humor is gone, it's nothing but bathroom humor and characters yelling a lot.

What, are you under 19 or something?

late twenties. When spongebob was big I was in late senior school early high school

Ah.

I'd say people who are like 20-26 are the most "attached" to the show, because they grew up with the first three seasons

I agree that S4 and S1-3 were different enough to be called different shows and a lot of the fans of the early seasons see Season 4-5 as the turning point per se, when SB went from being God tier to irredeemable shit due to the change in humor but I still maintain that S4 is god tier in the sense that it uses it's new style of humor to it's fullest possible degree. To me S4 had more hits than duds and even at it's worse it still wasn't as bad as S6 and later seasons (Compare SquidBob , which has some quotability "it all started when I was born" and relatively funny moments to say... House Fancy where nobody really remembers what happened in the episode other than that gruesome nail scene) while at it's best it had episodes with jokes that could rival that of S3 (THE MILD ONES?!?!)

Everybody knows this but you look like you just recently found out.

>Season 5

There was some redeeming moments in S4, i think mainly because they used some leftover stories from previous years

Actual Stephen Hillenberg quote about this
>It should keep the show fresh for a while hopefully

But S4 was when the show started to lose it for me. Episodes based on lame misunderstandings
>Get Outta Town!
>Whatzit Tooya

And gimmicky episodes that weren't all that funny but seemed more geared toward Spongebob going on "adventures". Dunces and Dragons anyone?

tfw Spongebob will never be this good again, period.

>SpongeBob, my legs are frozen. You have to saw them off!
>I can't do it Patrick.
>Why not?
>Because I've already sawed off my own arms!

Didnt Hillenberg come back for season 9?

He came back for the latter half, but he doesn't have any notable job aside from sitting on the sidelines.

However, the show has had a marked improvement since he came back since they changed up how episodes were written and produced.

..is the show worth watching again?

It's still nowhere near what it used to be, I would say not.

Yeah, no.

The movie is shit.

There are a few moments of brilliance post-movie, like this: youtube.com/watch?v=2CzQSFcE6n8

It's amazing how well the first 3 seasons hold up.