Why do so many brainlets not understand this scene?

Why do so many brainlets not understand this scene?

Because they don't form their opinion by thinking. They form their opinion by what other people tell them is the correct opinion to hold.

All jokes aside, is this movie really worth watching?
Sup Forums seems to love it, but everybody else thinks it's garbage

It's the Barry Lyndon of capeshit.

The scene would have, or could have played out the exact same way if Balding Man had said "M-mother" or something. The point is that Bruce sees Supes as a kid, not some warmongering alien.

It's like Snyder doesn't even understand what he filmed. He had a decent setup and he ruined it.

Stop pretending that this scene is hard to understand in any way, shape or form.
Stop.

it's shit
don't fall for Sup Forums memes

fuck you OP i managed to erase this shitshow from my mind

people understand it just fine, they don't like it because it gives undue importance to a dumb little piece of trivia

You're dumb.

Is the implication more than "my mom's name!? YOURS TOO?! Common ground. Catalyst. You're not all alien. You care for humanity. Got it."?

I'd ask if I'm a brainlet, but if you're digging deeper than that in a comic flick then I'm willing to bet your fedora are almost as numerous as your chins

To busy laughing their heads off at some of the most embarrassing dialogue ever put on screen.

Everyone understands the point of the scene.

It's just hilariously badly executed.

>I can't verbally justify my criticism so I use memes and insults to belittle my opponent
case in point

Sup Forums pretends to love it in order to trick normies who need to lurk more. It's hot garbage.

MARY

>tfw your capeshit is too deep for plebs

truthfully, the movie isn't very good. wonder woman is the best part of the movie. so if you really feel the urge to watch BvS, just watch wonder woman again.

but memes are the next evolutionary step in communication.

DC memes are better tho

It's pretty bad

Implying going from Marvel to DC isn't going from one septic tank full of shit to another septic tank full of shit.

>implying that I would desire to watch any other capekino if I had Wonder Women in my collection
you're right about one thing though, she was the best part of that god awful movie

Yeah, Fox it's the real deal.

>It's just hilariously badly executed.

The entire fight boils down to Superman caring more about punching Batman a few times than he does trying to save his own mother.

Then, for some reason in a moment of turmoil, Superman refers to his mother by her first fucking name, rather than doing what anyone would naturally do, which is to just refer to her as mom.

We understand what the scene means. We just think it was handled terribly.

>Best part of BvS
>Worst part of her own movie
Really says a lot

>t. Snyder

shut the fuck up that makes no sense you retard, Barry Lyndon is a masterpiece, which is known by everybody. BvS is capegarbage that only babies like

Damn.. you really blew him the fuck out there

Superman knows that Batman is Bruce Wayne, and Batman saw Superman as a true hero like his father, not as a kid.

Everybody understands the scene. It's just not a very good scene.

Why would Superman tell Batman his mother was in danger when moments before Batman was shit-talking his parents? And Superman knew who Batman really was.

So no, you don't understand shit.

in that fight scene when batman is strangling superman, i always imagine ben affleck buttraping superman hhhnnnnggggghhhhhh

No. It's absolute garbage all the way through. Sup Forums loving it is just a meme.

Well if it was done by an actor who wasn't shit, a director understood superman, and a writer who dislikes comics it might have played better. That said it isn't nearly as cringy as Sup Forums likes to act, but then again Sup Forums reminds me of the fat girl who was overly dramatic, case in point the recent shit storm following IT and the tripfag who constantly backpedaled and moved the goal post.

Because he was desperate, and about to fucking die, and he knew that even thought Batman was a bit of a psycho he was fundamentally a hero who saved people

Here's the clue to understanding this scene:

Before it Batman was going on about how his parents were true heroes, or more his father who he worship, because they bled and died, and that Superman would never be able to be a hero because much like Batman he's still alive and well fucking things up while everyone around him hurt and die doe to his bullshit actions.

Then during that scene Batman puts Superman in a situation that evokes the memory of his dead father, with both lying in the ground bleeding about to die by the hands of madman while desperately uttering "Martha". The whole thing was so disturbing that enraged Batman, specially the fact that Superman said the exact same thing his dead father did when he died, which was his mother's name. It's only after Lois explain the whole situation that he reflects on it and stop. Now the link between Superman and his dead father is even more powerful. That's when Batman start to see that Superman isn't like himself at all, but rather more like his own father was: a true hero.

You can thank me.

He said his mother's name because he knew Batman could protect a innocent human, but maybe not his mom. He also knew that their mother shared the same name. There's nothing more to it.

This implication about Superman saying "Martha" instead of "mom" is stupid, specially when Superman's being smarter by doing the former.

Barry Lyndon is the most boring overrated piece of garbage in cinematic history.

Basically like saying Lindsay Lohan was the hottest grill in the late 90's.

>You can thank me.

How did Superman know that Batman's dad said MARTHA as he was dying? What if the last thing Thomas Wayne said as he was dying was, SNOOKERBOTTOM?

>Why do so many brainlets not understand this scene?
Because it's the director's job to help the audience "get it" and feel something
>Nuh uh you just don't get what makes it good
Am I in a fucking Rick and Morty thread on Reddit? The scene barely makes sense within the context of the movie and even then it sucks.

This scene (along with the majority of all the scenes in this piece-of-shit movie) is terrible.

Jesus, Christ... he didn't knew what Batman's father had exactly said during his last moments, he just knew that Batman's mom was also called Martha. He was trying to appeal to Batman's humanity. Batman might not care about him or kryptonians in general, but he might still cared about saving a human female, specially when she share his mother's name.

The rest was coincidence.

>hmm, ill ask the vocal minority!

All these niggers saying it was garbage. It was a decent movie. What do you guys think is a good movie?

The scene makes 1000% more sense if Clark was saying "Save... Martha... Kent"

Because he's accepted he's about to die and at least wants Batman to save his mother because that's more important to him. He needs Batman to know who his mother is.

Instead we get WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME??!? It's a perfectly understandable scene botched by it's execution.

All DC movies are produced by Trump's Secretary of Treasury and are literal propaganda.

If there had been one scene JUST ONE SCENE where Superman started referring to his mother by her first name, this whole thing could have been avoided. But as it stands, it comes off incredibly contrived because everyone sitting there was thinking, "Why the fuck did he just refer to his own mother by her first name? In a panic, no less?"

I disliked BvS greatly but the misunderstanding of this scene puzzles me.

This user just fixed the entire fucking problem and user did it by only adding one more word to the screenplay.

The fact that so many people actually believe they stopped fighting because of their mothers names being the same would make it so.

I agree that omitting the "Kent" part fucked it up, but the intent is still the same. Superman knew Batman didn't care for him and other kryptonians. He knew Batman was Bruce Wayne and his mother's name was also Martha. He was trying to get Batman to his human side.

>but the misunderstanding

No one misunderstands it. We just think it is executed terribly.

that guy doesn't look like a spic tho

Does kryptonite effect humans? Like, did it do something to batman? Is there a line about that? Like Both Lex and Bruce were exposed to kryptonite, does that make them crazy or something?

>but the intent is still the same.

So if I write a shitty script it's just as good as a great script because my intent is the same?

Batman's action in BvS make perfect sense. He hated himself and was worried about all the fucked up things he felt guilty of would end up a meaningless sacrifice if he didn't made up for it. So he saw in Superman someone like him, but ten times worse. Dying trying to kill Superman then would be the perfect opportunity to redeem his sorry ass. He'd not only die a hero's death, like his father, but would rid the world of himself and Superman.

you're talking to the types of people who can't watch MST3K because of how they'll rag on movies with okay ideas and horrible execution

Shit, you're right. I've know people who have told me they would like MST3K better if the people wouldn't talk during the movie. I had no idea those were the same people posting on Sup Forums right now.

Has Sup Forums ever been right about anything?

Except no one really believes that. They describe it as that without having to go underneath it l.

It’s just an easier way to explain the scene.

But even with that extra layer it doesn’t work. Having Clark say “Mom”, or “mother” would’ve worked a thousand times more.

Martha could be anyone. Having a god crying over his “mom” would be much more effective.

Watch the Ultimate Edition. It is my second favorite CBM.

Ben did a good job desu
Maybe because I wasnt expecting much, but I liked this Batman, more old and dark, and doesnt afraid of anything

It's not about a God crying over his mother, you fuck. It's about Superman knowing who Batman is and trying to his sense of humanity. Batman had just shit talked Superman's supposedly kryptonian parents moments before.

You're dumb as a rock.

Also this is coming from someone who loves BvS. One of my favorite capeshits.

But everyone pretending is some perfectly executed, metaphorical masterpiece worthy of Kubrick can go fuck off.

>Martha could be anyone.

That's the point. Superman knows Batman hates him and everything related to him.

Woah man you just gave me such a rock hard boner for being so edgy.

If it’s the masterpiece that’s so influential maybe it’s open to others interpretation.

Also rocks can’t type. :)

My god I’m so hott for you right now

Do you just happen to miss the part where Batman mocked Superman's parents? If you think he was willing to kill him, why would he care about his mother?

He does say Kent though. Rewatch the scene and look at his lips. But the way the "Kent..." comes out is almost like a grunt, but it's absolutely stated. They cut to a close-up of Clark saying it.

Omg omg I’m cumming...fuck boys keep those neck beards jiggling...keep typing your virgin hearts away...fucccccck

My tits are perked for your horrible obsession with Snyder...

You'll love it if you look like this

>But even with that extra layer it doesn’t work. Having Clark say “Mom”, or “mother” would’ve worked a thousand times more.
He's trying to say "Mother" but Ironman is standing on his neck so it comes out as "MORTHAARGH."

Mmmm you over there stroking that little acorn thinking of fucking me? Just like Nite Owl And Silk Spectre in that horrible scene?

I bet you are. Mmm you amateur Harry Knowles... you’re so greasyyyyyy

No, he's saying Martha. Batman wouldn't care if he said "mother".

So do you know the inner workings of Batman?

Omg did you write the SCRIPT!? Holy shit man.

I just payed attention to the movie. Batman was shit talking Superman's parents moments before.

So that means your mortal enemy breaking down and in the moment of defeat asking him to save someone innocent would make Batman stop caring to help innocence?

Make I’m so fucking hott for you

Batman's whole fear of Superman is predicated on the idea that he's some inhuman alien freak. Hearing him pleading for the life of his mother would have a massive impact on Batman's whole motivation.

>Batman's whole fear of Superman is predicated on the idea that he's some inhuman alien freak.

No.

were they brothers or something?

Nah, it is.

No, it is about Superman being like him, That the true reason.

No, that doesn't sound right at all.

It almost seems like a running thing for Snyder to put a ridiculous scene in a movie that could easily resolved another way

It does, if you actually watched the movie.

What if I told you you were supposed to think Jonathan is making the wrong call here? What if I told you that's the whole point of his character?

Don't listen to the trolls. Watch it for yourself and decide (ultimate edition). It's currently the best capekino out right now. Take the time to appreciate the visuals and meanings behind certain shots. It will require more than one sitting.

Watch MoS, it's much better

"We project ourselves onto him"

It says it earlier on in the movie, Batman is projecting because he doesn't really see himself as a good guy

Holy shit, no. The point isn't that Batman see Superman as a child in that moment. The point is that the chance commonality between them is a shock that breaks through Batman's determination to kill Superman as an alien threat and makes him reflect on the fact that they are, in fact, similar in important ways. Batman was so caught up in the danger Superman posed to others that he never stopped to try and identify with him.

Prior to that, Bruce had a nightmare about visiting his mother's tomb and it being violated by a bat monster. Killing Superman would turn Bruce into the kind of murderer that created Batman. That realization moves him to spare Superman's life and reconsider his motives. It was an emotional epiphany for Bruce, rather than an intellectual one.

I'm sure Marvel would've explained all of that with banter between RDJ and some background character, but not every audience needs that.

The only people who recommend this movie are the people who use words like "capekino" unironically.

If it's eating you up enough to ask here, then sure man, watch it. Maybe stream it first though, just sayin.

You're half-right and half-wrong. Batman already identified himself with Superman.

For example Batman thinks he poses a danger to others because of what happened to Robin and who knows what else. Batman also thinks that his whole crusade has been a pointless effort. That in all these years trying to be a hero by waging war on crime the only thing he really managed was nothing but corrupt, hurt and kill those around him. Good people that bled and died because of him while he's still alive and standing.

That's how he views Superman. Someone who's flying around trying to play the role of a hero pulling pointless stunts while in actuality he's only hurting and killing those around him with his actions. While he's fine and well due to being invincible everyone around him are getting hurt and dying.

That's the whole issue point of Batman's rage against Superman. He sees Superman as himself but in a bigger scale. While Batman only managed to make Gotham worse, Superman has to potential to ruined the whole goddamn Earth with his bullshit.

That's what the bat monster that bite him in his nightmare represent. The bats, the creatures that inspired and motivated him to be a hero in the wake of his parents' death, in truth had made him to become something... of a monster. Someone that instead of doing good and build something good out of a bad place had actually done nothing but bad and made things even worse. He had come to despise the bats, to despise being Batman.

The whole "Martha" scene is about Batman starting to see Superman as a common man's hero. The type of hero Batman had come to worship as of late or had always worshiped. The type of hero that is utterly human, one that bleeds and die doing nothing but trying to protect its own family. No grandiose mission. Nothing spectacular in action. Just a guy trying to protect those he love and willing to die for it.

Half wrong or not, I'm just grateful this was the kind of movie where a debate like this is possible. What was there to debate in Age of Ultron?

Jessie Eisenberg was the best part of the movie if that says anything

Only debate was whether or not to have a lobotomy after watching that piece of shit

Even with all of its flaws, doesn't it say something about this movie that people really interpret it in so many ways and debate the entire meaning of it?

I'll be the first to admit that Synder is far from a perfect director, but I actually appreciate the fact that this has some artistic merit and tries to be much more challenging or ambitious than most other blockbusters. I'd honestly rather see other, bigger films take this route than play it completely safe and be content on just being barely passable.

>For example Batman thinks he poses a danger to others because of what happened to Robin and who knows what else. Batman also thinks that his whole crusade has been a pointless effort. That in all these years trying to be a hero by waging war on crime the only thing he really managed was nothing but corrupt, hurt and kill those around him. Good people that bled and died because of him while he's still alive and standing.
>That's how he views Superman. Someone who's flying around trying to play the role of a hero pulling pointless stunts while in actuality he's only hurting and killing those around him with his actions. While he's fine and well due to being invincible everyone around him are getting hurt and dying.
>That's the whole issue point of Batman's rage against Superman. He sees Superman as himself but in a bigger scale. While Batman only managed to make Gotham worse, Superman has to potential to ruined the whole goddamn Earth with his bullshit.
>That's what the bat monster that bite him in his nightmare represent. The bats, the creatures that inspired and motivated him to be a hero in the wake of his parents' death, in truth had made him to become something... of a monster. Someone that instead of doing good and build something good out of a bad place had actually done nothing but bad and made things even worse. He had come to despise the bats, to despise being Batman.

What if I told you that since the execution of this film was so terrible, no one gives a shit.

One of the best aspects of the movie is how all the characters related with each other in some way while also demonizing one another for the very same things they share in common. Something most people that watch the movie doesn't pick up.

If i was able to pick up on that shit is because the movie made it possible for me to see it. The problem wasn't with the execution. It was with the audience. People watched the movie expecting a mindless capeshit fare and were oblivious out of prejudice to most of what happened in the screen.

Also, fuck if nobody gives a shit. I do. That's all that matters for me in the end. I watched the movie and i got something out of it. I don't care if others like it or not. This movie will always exist and i can watch it again whenever i want.