Your opinion Kimi no Na wa?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tHU56GWuNWk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a very nice movie.

ITT: Overrated shit

youtube.com/watch?v=tHU56GWuNWk

spbp
Pretty nice animation with a generic weeb genderswap story slapped on top.

It's a real shame such nice animation has to be in service of such a dumb, incoherent, story, and that movie grossed more than so many great anime films.

Koe no Katachi is better.

Somewhat cute and entertaining. But also overly long and a tad bit overhyped.

I really don't understand why this was apparently such a hit in both Japan AND the western markets. I mean, maybe we baka gaijins aren't as familiar with anime, so when some arrives at the theaters, it feels "more special" than it deserves? But why did the japs love it so much? It really isn't THAT special.

A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

Stop posting your shitty channel here. You've got like 100 subs, it's clearly not one of your fans.

Why didn't they check the date?

There's no fucking way you wouldn't notice the difference between 2013 and 2016.

Other than that, good movie.

>clearly not one of my fans
you mean not one of my fans posting the video?
are you such a deep weeb that you can't read english?

It was pure kino...until the director fucking blew it with that shitty ass ending.

The fuck happened to him? All his movies end up with the guy suffering for the girl and never recovering, and the girl living happily ever after.

This happy ending shit doesn't suit him, he better stop right now and go back to his roots.

>types out the Japanese title in Western characters while speaking English
Who are you trying to impress? Stop this tryhard shit

Oh you were posting with your name?

Way to double down on the Unwarranted Self-Importance.

Somehow lost interest halfway through even though I enjoyed the animation and the characters. It felt a bit generic though. I'll watch the rest of it some day, but I hope it has some great twist or something and doesn't end up being as generic as the first half made it out to be

Starting it right now.

T'was pretty great, it was really cute and heartwarming.
Easily the best foreign animated film of last year (The Red Turtle is the only one I can think of being better).
Watched it multiple times. I even took my girlfriend with me to watch it in IMAX when we went to the UK for vacation.
She also loved it.
It looked really amazing in IMAX but I wish there was a 70mm version too.
That would've been even more amazing than it is already.

was this a movie or a series?
I remember that pitch but I don't know if it's real or not

This, movie was good, until that ending

Hi uridon. I wrote you a haiku:

I imagine days
Smashing your face,
Pissing in your mouth

omfg i loved this movie

Movie that wouldv'e been better off as a tv series

I thought it would be a generic genderswap movie and ended up pleasantly surprised. Nice animation too.

I had a hard time trying to understand the motivations behind the characters' actions. I read that the manga was better in that aspect. Still a very real portray of young people.

>a dumb, incoherent, story

You might be legitimately brain damaged

It's really very good.

The characters not noticing the different years is seriously a plot hole big enough that it ruins the movie. There's just no way that would ever be possible.

Yeah, you're right but I don't think it ruins the movie. I must be stupid since I haven't noticed.

I liked it, but not as much as I was hoping I would.

Why was there body switching at all? Why would the critical details of what town she lived in just fade from memory? Why were they ever able to meet during twilight? Why did he get a vision just by drinking tea at that shrine? Why is this any less stupid than "Love is the one thing that we're capable of perceiving, that transcends dimensions of time and space?"

Whyyyy?

It was a very nice movie for "kids" there's not much to further to complain about it. I get the plot hole and cliche, but why setting the bar of this movie at mature standard when it's not meant to be?

i fell asleep

Was pretty good, I enjoyed it. Don't think I'd start a thread on it it though.