The Vietnam War

episode 8 of docukino is on

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t9eybY9qFfY
youtube.com/watch?v=ljbwJhWxDIQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hell yeah

Why is this so max comfy bros? I could keep watching this forever

Also i bet literally no females were involved in the production of this docukino

SOME FOLKS WERE BORN
MADE TO WAVE THE FLAG

well edited, good interviewees, the music, great attention to details

its more entertaining than Burns other historic documentaries

not played (yet)

I only made it 30 min into the first episode.
same shit that has been already said millions of times in the last 40 years. nothing new,

Civil War was pretty good, but you are right, this Vietnam War one is his best stuff.

>I only made it 30 min into the first episode.
>of a 20 hour series
are you biggest faggot or the faggotest retard?

>that helicopter pilot talking about flying sorties and being shot at
>landing back at base and having some qt come up to him
>>what's it like out there?

FUCK

yeah he was really about to beat her ass

>Also i bet literally no females were involved in the production of this docukino

How could you not know that it was co-produced & co-directed by Lynn Novick, who has been a collaborator with Burns since "Baseball"?

MF during some of these interviews

But they're all on the PBS website to stream with the added plus of being uncensored.

Settling in for ep 3 now :E

>dat fragging

You are officially now in the shit

I marathoned the first 5 minutes, seems kinda meh.

Should I stay with it?

Paul Meadlo, kek

>puppers saved Musgrave from killing himself

G- good puppers. :(

Pbs glitching for anyone else?

Such a well adjusted Christmas sweatered fellow.

comfy attire

>58% of Americans polled approved of the National Guard murdering students at Kent State because "those Commies were asking for it"

fuck man that was intense

comfy narration
interesting interviews
good tunes
true docukino

True kino, another two hours burned away of the same shit over and over. Bewildering trancework.

>you will never be on the brink of suicide only to be interrupted by your dogs pawing at the door.

good doggie

>Next Ken Burns doc about country music
>coming out in 2019
Jesus Christ, Ken.

Shame the threads are slower now than they were before. This series is great.

>Musgrave's story
Jesus man.

That shit hit me

What an absolute shitshow this war was. Didn't Frederich Neitzsche, who died in 1899, say something about how humanity would face the abyss in the 20th century? Holy shit.

Am I the only one who thinks of all the divisions that exist today and it only pales in comparison to what happened during the Vietnam War.

and people in the media say that the USA now is more divided than ever. its nothing compared during the time of the Vietnam war

>1970: students die at the hands of national guard soldiers
>2017: people argue over the internet

yep

Actually, I think that's due in large part to what happened in Vietnam. Nationalist zeal just isn't much of a thing among young people anymore, on any sidde. (Which is a good thing).

How long before they use this song?

youtube.com/watch?v=t9eybY9qFfY

Oh definitely. People like to pretend that the strife America has nowadays is something new. It isn't. It doesn't really compare to the past. It makes me laugh when people say "we're more divided than ever" when they forget the 60's and the FUCKING CIVIL GODDAMN WAR.

They interviewed several North Vietnamese women.

>draftees

Absolutely. Imagine if Sup Forums were around in the 60s and 70s when protests, assassinations and murders were happening all the time. Wew.

Little old ladies reminiscing about gunning down Marines. And then this suave fucker. Good times.

>It Ain't Me hasn't started playing
wtf bros

Currently watching thanks to you big guys. This is pretty damn good

Yeah they would be doing to the assassinations and murders, or otherwise joining up and demanding to be sent to the wire.

A HUGE improvement to last PBS 'Nam production

youtube.com/watch?v=ljbwJhWxDIQ

1968 would have been something. All those happenings

>Tet
>MLK
>RFK
>Soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia
>The election

Who /betterangelssociety/ here?

am i watching the right documentary? there's a segment about mexican-americans right now.

Wrong PBS channel. There are like 5 of them. Look for the one that says "Vietnam War."

They force Burns to shove in some stuff like that. I remember the War had a little segment on gays and other minorities. Personally I'm not opposed to them including it, yeah it's not nuanced at all but Hispanic-Americans served and their stories are worthy of being preserved just like all the others but I did roll my eyes at how blatant it was in there partially to placate some people.

Placate? This documentary is comprehensive and wide ranging. Also how many hours total is it? I really don't think that there's people out there who feel "placated" by any of this.

WE WERE TAUGHT TO KILL GOOKS

Reminds me of my old man.

now there's a segment on a hispanic from new york. i checked TV guide says im on the right channel.

I think he's just watching the wrong channel. I don't remember anything like that in this episode.
The PBS channel is showing the the campus riots and protests and ROTC fire right now.

What a clusterfuck. But I suppose the entire 20th century is a clusterfuck.

YES!
IT AINT ME!

Jesus christ man that part really gave me the damn feels

This suave fucker?

Been watching online for the "explicit" version. Not sure what difference it makes, but anything less censored is always better.

They bleep a few expletives but it's not much.

>first 5 minutes

>gulf of tonkin not a false flag
dropped
/tv tards think this propaganda is kino?

It really was.

We are 17 years into the 21st century, and the biggest events of note have been 9/11 and various natural disasters. Compare that to 1917, and it's almost night and day.

>propaganda can't be kino

every part with this guy was so powerful. easily the most based person they interviewed in my opinion. sort of how i felt about shelby foote in the civil war doc.

>that pic of a ""white"" woman
um... post the real picture of her, honey

e.g.
>pic

Looks like an Asian Bob Dylan.

>that completely unhinged helicopter pilot
>that idealistic young nurse
>the broken, grief tormented but loyal marine
>the smug Vietnamese soldiers
>Mogie's entire family
>all queued to high quality images of carnage and a sick soundtrack
This is without a doubt the best thing to come out of TV in years.

>gulf of tonkin
>false flag

"No"

thats a wig right?

Well the Cradle of Civilization is a chaotic nightmare, destabilized by the exact same war pig mentality that caused the Viet Nam war. I'd argue that the world now is more chaotic than ever.

Why was Mogie so autistic?

k

BASED AMERICA

JUST LIKE TV PROVIDERS ARE FLOODED WITH CALLS TO CANCEL THEIR NFL SUBSCRIPTIONS

USA USA USA

>that entire segment in episode 6 where he first talks about dehumanizing the enemy and then talks about how his unit """"""didn't""""" torture anyone by alluding back to the dehumanization.

god damn, that was one of the most powerful and brilliant deliveries I have ever seen in a documentary.

>Ohio by Crosby Stills Nash and Young over the credits

absolute kino

Want to meet in real life?

Seriously, I'm a Sup Forumstard from 2005. Let's meet in real life.

TOTAL HACK SONG SELECTION, LITERALLY KENT STATE SONG ON THE KENT STATE EPISODE

THATS LIKE SAYING THE NAME OF THE MOVIE IN THE MOVIE, TRULY WE HAVE BECOME THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

ALSO IT AINT ME DOESN'T PLAY ONCE, I SPRINTED ALL THE EPISODES ALREADY AT 4X SPEED

KEN BURNS HAS FAILED AS A DOCUMENTARIAN AND FAILED AS A HUMAN BEING

I'm here to report that Dewey (on a lot of drugs right now) is finally speaking out against Drumpf

are they doing hill 937 on tonights ep?

What are Bone Spurs?

That Nurse was cute.

it the last song in the final credits

the tibid about Mexican Americans in the war was less than 5 minutes. Just some generic shit about them serving and the Chicano movement.

>We didn't torture any prisoners
>Then again they had to have reached behind our lines to be considered a prisoner

Sweet crispy fuck

He's just ambiguous enough about it while talking about the incident to let people draw their own conclusions. Which goes for the rest of the documentary, as well.

go do more nothing with your life.

>watching my Lai documentary
>Calley: "my only crime was putting the lives of my men first"

Yeah, those infant Vietnamese would've posed a serious threat in about twenty years.

Jesus fuck.

Didn't he get a slap on the wrist for that shit?

Yeah, summary executions were really needed in vietnam for shit like this

inside every gook there is an American trying to get out

it's a miracle shit like that didn't repeat in the gulf or Afghanistan, fuckers should have been shot

tfw my lai fetish

Honestly that was the case for /ourguy/ Uncle Ho.

it's actually "let it be" by the beatles

Yes

>he doesn't know about the soldiers murdering random Afghans and keeping their finger bones
>he doesn't know about the little Iraqi girl raped and along with her entire family killed and bodies burned
>he doesn't know about the guy who pulled a crazy school shooter scenario on an Afghan village sneaking out of his base and killing 17 random civilians