Midnighter & Apollo #3 Storytime

I told myself I was gonna go to sleep...
but what the hell?

Batman: Cyborg: Green Lanterns: Superman:

Glad I realized I can keep myself from being spoiled by preview images by taking off my glasses.

JL:

He sure does like to talk his brain computer a lot.

Thanks for reading.

Support the official release!

Good ol Midnighter

Already subscribing but my LCS has a monthly delivery schedule so your dump is very much appreciated.

Based Orlando! Another good issue for Midnighter & Apollo!

Hell is a game of Life? Unbearable

holy shit it's cain and abel from Sandman

Cain and Abel precede Sandman by about 26 centuries.

those exact designs don't, chucklefuck

Is this an actual game?

Wasn't Winchester rifle last time with Tommy, who threatened Etrigan with it? did constantine use it anytime after that?

wait... Neron caught Lucifer before?

GAZE INTO THE FIST OF GAY!

I'm starting to see the appeal of corruption fetish. I want to see Neron bully Apollo sexually.

GET REKT

This version still precedes Sandman by decades.

I want to fuck Extrano

same

>kids don't know about the Houses of Mystery and Surprise
Jesus wept, educate yourselves

these exact hairstyles and even glasses glasses?
I've never seen it anywhere else, post a pic unless you're just trying to save face on an anonymous Taiwanese fruit carving forum.

Awesome issue, surprised they can get so gory on a mainstream DC comic.

Also, nice costume Apollo.

>I want to fuck Extrano

Yeah, I'm really digging his new design. I never knew I needed latino magic DILF so badly.

pic related came out in 1968, idiot

Neat, are these a good read.
I guess I'm still less of an idiot than the user who was off by 26 centuries though.

Given this mini, I'd be up for DC to give Midnighter and Apollo a more mystical approach.

I'm not sure if it's still canon anymore, but I remember that in I, vampire Apollo was immune to vampires (and biting him made them explode or something?). That plus Midnighter punching demons with Extraño's help would make a fun read.

Since we're on the subject, here's another fun fact. Gaiman retconned Destiny into being one of the Endless; the character actually predates his Sandman by nearly 20 years.

he was the most generic designed endless, makes sense

How would you do a Midnighter Christmas story?

> something endangers Santa
> Apollo and Midnighter take Santa's place while punching the shit of whatever endangered Santa
> Midnighter being cute with kids
> Santa giving them some crazy ass weapon as a Christmas present

An entire issue of Midnighter getting increasingly more frustrated because he can't find the right presents for his friends.

;_; It would be very relatable.

bump

TIME TO RIP AND TEAR

Orlando writes these characters really well.

Yup. If it is one thing I don't like about Orlando's Middy, it is this. If he could go a couple of issues without mentioning the computer in his brain, it'd be appreciated.

I feel so schizophrenic about my preferences. This and Supersons are my most anticipated titles.

I like Middy kicking ass.

These two being the actual Cain & Abel was confirmed in Sandman tho

You know he's got HIV, right? Or are you one of them bug-chasing fellas?

I just can't bring myself to care about this series when Apollo - both one of the POV characters and the driving force behind the plot - is such a boring nonentity.

Midnighter would need a Santa costume. Apollo and Dick would be the sexy elfs.

>nice costume Apollo.
It took me awhile, but I'm coming around to his new one.

A lot of the early Sandman was retconning past story hosts into being Dreaming/Endless related, yeah.

Chris Conroy @dyfl 3h
@thesteveorlando We are GOING to make this happen next year

Pls

I feel like it's to help any moron casual who doesn't have a clue on what his powers are. It;s annoying but i see why it exists.

Steve Orlando Dr.Strange when?

Condoms exist for a reason. Even if most gay people are too fucking stupid to use them.

This is the most personality he's had in a while, so maybe he'll get better in the remainer issues.

Does he? For all we know the rebirth version doesn't have it.

Hellbump

I don't know if comic writers and artists would be aware you could still sort of fire from that action even without a barrel.

I'm 90% sure that will happen, either that or he'll just flick the bullet.

I blame Flashpoint

This.

what a nice layout

bump

Are you me?

I want to see Apollo get gangbanged by demons

That dice is rigged.

Ugh what is this bullshit
>forcing Neron into Vertigo continuity

I've mostly read House of Mystery. It's a horror anthology series during the Cain era it mostly reprints horror stories from the '50s. I'm pretty sure they start mix in some original stories. Also, there's some early Sergio Aragones stuff, so that's pretty neat.
I don't know if they still publish the DC Showcase stuff, but that format plus the shorter stories make for decent toilet reading at least.

Me too, user. Me too.

Why is Apollo's body not decomposing? Is it because of the sun panels, or is he just not actually dead?

you just like the gay.

Cain, Abel, Eve, Destiny, the Three Witches,and the Mad Mod Witch were all Sandman characters that started out as horror hosts to DC's mystery titles.

Madame Xanadu also started out as a horror host, but I don't think she was in the Sandman.

homosexual bump

Same

They haven't mentioned it in this mini so since he got rebooted into a hot latin daddy I'm assuming he doesn't have it now

The bit about the rifle made me think it's Allan Quatermain. Unlikely though.

And Matthew the Raven was Matt Cable from Swamp Thing.

Thanks for storytiming this.

those jowls with that diabeetus moustache is too much for me

He's like a horrifying Christmas tree.

bmp

Are normies even buying Midnighter? I hope the fuck they do because I want Middy and Apollo to be regulars.

Nigger reread Ellis' Middy and tell me the fucker isn't making hammy speeches about his fight computer every 3 panels

fuck off Sandman casual, the bible didn't have designs.
Sandman casuals are such fucking cancer "I RED DA GUD COMIC MOMMY I KNOE EVERYTHING ABOUT DC NOW! WHAT? SANDMAN ISN'T A CAPE COMIC STFUUU!!!"

Midnighter trade sales are good, but I wouldn't say it's a popular book.