/who/ dr who general

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cSjLnHy_fZ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>You literally can't make this shit up

Would Short Trips work as an actual episode? Like an episode or two devoted to a series of little vignettes?

Even when viewed by the side, Kris has a punchable face.

I'm now fine with Jodie's casting and think she'll do a great job but I still think Marshall would've been better

Doctor Who is dead.

How much money do you think he lost?

TBQH I'm none to keen on the casting decision and think it's more based on pandering than choosing the best person for the role but I'm at least going to give the girl a chance.

>mfw all these guys are people who lost lods of emone on their bets and are throwing tantrums about it

It could be fine in theory, but regardless of quality I think audiences would feel cheated out of a full story (unless you did something clever and linked all the stories together at the end).

>thinking that sending complaints and signing petitions will actually do anything

Can you describe in more detail

I may be nuts, but especially looking at them all lined up line that, the Doctor always seems to have some sort of... look. Like you can look at him and tell he's an immortal alien. They've all got it except Marshall

Even if the casting decision was made because of pandering, I would've rather had Whittaker than Marshall anyway. Plus, the BBC was going to get outrage no matter who they picked.

I always said that Marshall looks like your childhood friend's dad.

Would Shit Trips work as an actual episode? Like an episode or two devoted to a series of little virginettes?

I think we've seen enough. It's getting to the point of being spam now. Just post a link and any interested parties can go look for themselves.

I agree with you, and I still don't think they should've done a female doc but Jodie is the right pick for the job since it was obvious they were going to do a woman

I'd like to do a /who/nger games

I feel like Marshall really would've been Tennant 2: The Sub-Par Sequel

I can't post a link, the groups are closed so I had to make a fake profile to actually visit and see them.

Oh, yes. BBC America. The same network that airs Orphan Black and reruns of Star Trek Voyager will have cold feet over showing a female Doctor. Of course.

I think he could have been good. He plays quirky quite well.

As much as I have issues with 5, I appreciate that he legitimately iterated on from 4 and moved the show into a direction. For all 10 and 11 get conflated, they really were very different apart from the superficial "young, arguably handsome quippers". An actual "Tennant 2" (or an any Doctor 2) would be a real step backward. Paralleling Doctors like 12 and 1 or 11 and 2 can be interesting, but outright copying is a bad idea imo.
Of course it's possible Marshall wouldn't have done any of that, but I disliked the idea of him for other reasons

They could do it like (and yes I know it's shit) that Morty's Mind Blowers episode of Rick and Morty where there's a main plot about them reliving all these other short stories. This is incredibly obscure, but I also remember an episode of The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy where the entire episode was the main characters all holding onto a vine above a bottomless pit trying to think of ways to get out, and telling short stories in the meantime and that would work well too

>he must be a cruel trickster with an evil agenda, punishing people for liking the show he has loved for his entire life.
A stunning amount of Doctor Who fans think like this when it comes to Moffat.
It's not exclusive to the anorak fanwankers either, many of the small Tumblr clique who were trying to get him for his alleged endless homophobia/sexism/racism/etc. started to lurch into this idea that he must be actively motivated by spite.
It's a bizarre manifestation of cult-like psychology, imposing an antagonist-driven master narrative to explain everything.

Sounds fun, folks might prefer some unifying theme or macguffin through all the stories but I'd be up for an ep comprised just of short quick adventures like that

Just being able to play "Quirky" doesn't mean he'd play a good Doctor, and frankly and Doctor who's first quality is "Quirky" would worry and annoy me

>idea that he must be actively motivated by spite.
desu I know I'd troll the fans if I were in his position.

>tfw no 22 short films about Time and Space

Rick and Morty: the show everyone on Sup Forums says is shit and everyone on Sup Forums watches.

>on Sup Forums watches.
i dont

Dr Who is a quirky character though. You can't deny that.

>it's the steamed hams scene with the Second and Third Doctor

Thread theme youtube.com/watch?v=cSjLnHy_fZ8

The Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localised entirely within your kitchen?

GOAT taste user, that version is superior

Two is Skinner and Three is Super Nintendo Chalmers?

Of course.

I liked seasons 1 and 2 (Although that was before I started going on Sup Forums so I probably would hate it now) but season 3 is total shit and I'm ashamed to watch it

Absolutely, but that's never been his defining trait. Everything I've seen of why people wanted him to play the Doctor is that his defining trait is his "quirkiness"

>Localised entirely within your TARDIS?

Yes.

I dropped it early on Season 3. It stopped being funny and just became unpleasant and a chore to watch.

May I see it?

Rick and Morty is basically Dr. Who on crystal meth.

Is The Simpsons in anyone else's top 5 of all time shows? I honestly think its just pure brilliance, the first 11 or so seasons. my second favorite after doctor who.

Three would say it more like "Yes, well, may I see it?", I think.

No it's not. It's Doctor Who if it was made by kids who thought a bag of parsley was weed and smoked it.

I've rewatched Simpsons episodes so many times that some of them don't do anything for me anymore.

Absolutely.
Doctor Who, The Simpsons, Twin Peaks...gets trickier here...I do adore Hannibal...Summer Heights High is Australian perfection...Mad Men and The Leftovers were both incredible

For other comedy, I really like Nathan for You, The Thick of It, Flight of the Conchords, Seinfeld, Arrested Development, the UK Office...the list goes on and on

I used to like it but it's long outstayed its welcome.

And they rolled a blunt out of parchment paper and sealed it with Elmers glue

does not work in post truth world

What would be in your Confession Dial /who/?
I confess that I find the Sneed meme uproariously funny, it's viciously scathing, delightfully absurd, wickedly hilarious, it really speaks to me.

kys

In before some muppet takes the opportunity to write a 2000 word blog about how depressing and futile his existence is.

Gotta say I'm actually interested in what about it works for you, isn't it just spam?

That I don't actually know what a confession dial is or does because I still haven't got round to seeing S9.

It would be a single room with no one else there, lined with pictures of my friends all having fun without me and I'd be forced to watch videos of them talk about how much they think I'm annoying and I would have to confess that I also find the Sneed meme hilarious

It's alright, no-one who watched S9 really knows quite what the fuck it's supposed to do either.

Rick and Morty is Doctor Who if you ran if through a "let's be edgy and nihilistic because that's what intelligent and deep tv is " filter, and the fanbase has added an extra does of "Because the protagonist is smart and an asshole, I, an asshole, must also be smart"

Who remember these?

I've never seen those but I want them all

So, Doctor Who?

1/2?
Well let me first say this is all just my take on it, I'm not saying this is actually what the people spamming the meme intend, but it's what about it works for me.

Not so much on places like Sup Forums, but places like Reddit, Facebook, those meme sharing sites, it's common to see cutesy little pictures and references that give you a quick laugh and feel smart about getting, like the actual original Sneed's Feed and Seed gag. Go look at 9gag or subreddits like r/funny or r/todayilearned if you're not sure what I mean.

Thing is, if you're online a lot (like many of us) you see these sort of posts over and over...then you see the same specific posts themselves over and over. Meanwhile, some people continually repost those same memes for karma/social capital/fun/adbots/spam or whatever other reason. So you might see that same "Sneed gag explained, how did the Simpsons get away with this one!" gag enough times for it to get really old, not seem particularly funny anymore, and start to grate.

Now. This is where the irony comes in. This is a comparatively very small group of people we're talking about that are online enough, and see and care about this specific scenario enough, to be driven to mock it, but where better than Sup Forums, than Sup Forums to dip into that kind of hyper-specific irony? It starts with just repeating the same twee "I feel smarter for realising this" Sneed gag, replicating what the posters are annoyed by in the first place. This is the scathing part, mocking how people react to The Simpsons and all other "reddity" gags and memes like this, which is so anathemic to the way Sup Forums operates (of course I don't really think either is "better", they're just different and geared towards different audiences).

You may have seen how the Alien Covenant wheat meme started in a similar way, just mocking the "durr where's the wheat" thing, before evolving into something more absurd. That's where the fun really begins.

I think I had that exact set. Over time I've lost K-9 and I'd probably have to look for the rest (and Davros broke, his base came off).

I really wanted more of the Dalek colours back then and I still do now.

Don't leave, Lym, you're one of the best trips and your OC is great

Also these

Even if he drops his trip, we'll always know it's him when someone starts spamming Facebook posts.

Doctor Who is dead.

These also. God damn, I didn't realise how many there were.

>leaving the forearms, forelegs, and face

wut

I confess that I'm gay but want to convince myself I'm bi so I can eventually have a gf and not get disowned by my religious family but because I'm clinging onto the hope of liking a girl in the future I feel bad about initiating a relationship with a guy that I expect to be temporary

At this point, lots of people on Sup Forums are rightfully annoyed by the meme being repeated/spammed so much. Of course, getting annoyed and expressing it eggs people on (see that vocaroo of someone screaming about how obvious the joke was), and the whole game of trolling and creative interpretations of the meme begins. The absurd elements start, what is in and of itself a parody becomes parodied, and everything descends into that unique Sup Forums style of utter lunacy so impenetrable to most people, yet with such a high sense of irony and referential humour that it's delightful for those that are actually finding it amusing.

What I personally really enjoyed was people breaking down the joke, the same way that repeating the opening lines from TDKRises so often made them lose their meaning, a kind of semantic satiation on a broader scale. The joke itself is clear, from how much it's explained on the internet, which is what prompted the meme here in the first place. But if you try to actually break it down word by word you can push it into other meanings that are funny because they actually have some semblance of sense, and when you see the scene repeated so much, it gets confusing and overwhelming
Hence the store previously purportedly being called "Chuck's Feed and Seed" or just "Chuck's". The amount of creative photoshops over two characters who are clearly not actually Chuck and Sneed also builds off this idea of intentional misrepresentation.

This type of humour just really appeals to me, it's a mix of such idiocy and lunacy with irony and a lot of referential humour...it just really works for me!

>Was a 19 year old medical transporter.
>Single as a fan.
>Masturbate in tissue every night
>Place in the trash next to the bed.
>Junk can be full of cum tissues.
>Get home from work to find shredded cum tissues sprinkle the house.
>The dog has come in with vessels, finds cum rags to be delicious.
>I think it's gross. Talk dog is bad dog and collect cum tissues.
>What is this again.
>I start closing my dog from my bed room when I leave for medical transportation.
>Dog whines outside the bedroom door cannot survive without the delicious cum tissue.
>I explained this problem to veterinarians.
>Veterinarians dictate to eat dark chocolate to make cum taste bad.
>I eat a dark dark chocolate that I escalate four kilos.
>Has the opposite or detected influence on someone.
>Return to the home to find cum tissues around the home.
>Fucking dog learned to open the door just to get to my delicious cum tissues.
>I say is a bad dog and not to eat my cum fabric.
>I put my cum tissue can on a high shelf to prevent the dog from getting.
>The dog is depressed. No more desire to go for a walk or play outside.
>Think only of what meat pills it can turn around.

Both the Vna's and Torchwood are ten times as edgy and nihilistic as Rick and Morty.

Do you visit Simpsons Shitposting by any chance?

>Retrieve new girlfriend to house to find cum tissues sprinkle about the reserve.
>She says, "Oh, your dog is enjoying the tissues of hardened mucus."
>Yes is right.
>No more masturbating for me as new cum receptacle girl.
>Smart bastard understands why, hate new girlfriend.
>She does not know why the dog have a hate for her.

What's that?

I confess that I took off my trip to post this but I keep a secret from /who/ that most wouldn't believe and have made posts in the past to proactively discredit it if it ever came out even though its innocuous and completely inconsequential to anything. Ive confessed this issue to at least 3 other trips and i lose sleep over the deception.

You have blown my mind. I never quite understood why I found the

>Hence the store previously purportedly being called "Chuck's Feed and Seed" or just "Chuck's"

bit so funny, but that's totally it.

It's a facebook (i know) group. it's literally all just posts in the vein of the Sneed joke but with other scenes. You'd love it.

You know that Guy also does that, right

I miss Rachel

Gonna guess that this is just some user begging for attention, but if you really are a trip, go on, you can say it

tfw i can actually recognise the tripfag's different senses of humour by now

I never trip but I'm constantly terrified my typing style might be distinct enough that no trip is necessary.

Hey neo check twitter

How?

I originally only got into doctor who to score with a qt nerd girl at school. It worked.

this is hilarious but why the fuck didn't you flush the tissues or dispose of them outside of your room? keeping those tissues in your room just makes your room smell of semen

Absolutely not. Especially after lyms recent issues.

Toilet is outside.

Edge likes sexual stuff
Cats likes forced memes
Neo likes ironic memes
TheOncomingStorm likes the 3PM joke

OK whatever dude

That I Unironically love TARDISposting and find a lot of their memes are right up my alley and hilarious. This meme made me laugh my ass off and I've literally been laughing thinking about it ever since and I really wish this was bait but it's not