Hasbro Shared Universe Storytime

>What is the Hasbro Shared Universe?
Remember when you were a kid and you'd put all your toys together, making Snake Eyes and Flint ride on Optimus Prime while you pretended that your M.A.S.K. Thunderhawk could turn into something that wasn't a car with its doors open? It's basically that.

>This Weeks Issues
Revolution #5
M.A.S.K: Mobile Armored Strike Kommand #1

>Downloads
>Previous Hasbro Shared Universe Storytimes
pastebin.com/XGGZwp3H

Other urls found in this thread:

previewsworld.com/Article/183909-Optimus-Prime-As-Both-Statesman--Soldier
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Forgot to change the "this week's issues" bit there, champ.

So I did

>This Weeks Issues
Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye: Revolution
Micronauts #8

The Action Van is the first funny joke in this thing.

Okay, fine. You got me, Roberts. That's fucking hilarious.

Well that escalated quickly.

A little too on the nose there James.

This is probably the most obnoxiously meta that MTMTE has got. It's just awful, frankly.
Which is a shame, because the Grimlock bits and some of the Scavenger stuff is nice, and I do really like this page: So, in other words, Roberts once again scuttles his chances of making something good in the name of being snarky and meta.

>End of Revolution

>actually liking jokes about "the crossover" and "t'mups" and "brand loyalty"

In an alternate universe somewhere there's a revolution crossover where jem and the holograms meet Rosanna or some shit.
I wish that had come to pass damn

I really fucking hate this man. I didn't think i would but god damn I really really do.

>Actually being buttblasted about those things.
WEW

That was incredibly meta and fucking awful. What makes it worse is I've already seen some drones praising the shit out of this crap.
The whole thing about that Joe leaving and claiming Scarlett saw no worth in him was also incredibly stupid when it contradicts everything about the Joes. I'm so glad I wasn't hyped for this.

>These jokes really suck and take me out of the story
>N-NO FUN ALLOWED! BUTTBLASTED! WEW!
Okay, man.

You're the one getting pissy about jokes. I just don't understand why you didn't expect this by now man. Especially since it was a Roberts and Roche book. Like cmon.

So how long until the micronauts get vored.

Not this issue

Not that user but Roberts actually used to be funny. His jokes are so forced now.

The obvious dislike he has for Revolution is also incredibly unpleasant. The least he could do is make the best out of it and offer a neat story (I mean the Scavengers on Earth holy shit!) But no. Muh meta.

Doesn't this Dire Wraith just being able to morph into a giant robot contradict everything about their powers in this continuity? With that plus the "Dark Nebula" mention, Roberts seems to think he's writing the Marvel Wraiths.

>flies out the window
>immediately gets caught in the slipstream and goes flying
I guess Acroyear is just badass enough to power through it?

Microtron you little shit.

And that's all.

Sarcophagus itself that's talking, or someone inside of it? TAKE YOUR BETS

I'll be boring and guess there's a time traveler inside of it.

Oh, fuck, it's Lord English!

Optimus Prime John Barber PREVIEWSworld Interview

Sauce: previewsworld.com/Article/183909-Optimus-Prime-As-Both-Statesman--Soldier

>Vince Brusio: What reverberations from Revolution will carry over into the events of Optimus Prime #1 (SEP160404)?

>John Barber: Not to give anything away, but as Revolution starts, Optimus is in a fairly antagonistic relationship with ... well, almost everybody. He’s come to Earth and said the whole planet is going to be part of Cybertron’s Council of World, without asking if the people of Earth wanted to be in it — or if the people of Cybertron wanted them. He’s doing this because he thinks he’s out of options to protect the Earth — he’s tried fighting evil Cybertronians, tried leaving the place alone. But bringing Earth into Cybertron’s fold is the only thing he hasn’t tried.

>In Revolution this comes to a head: there’s a big, dangerous thing happening with Ore-13, which is a form of Energon that’s on Earth, and it looks to G.I. Joe like Optimus is behind it, so the threat becomes immediate. This isn’t a spoiler — Optimus is not behind the problem, and in the process of resolving the complex web of Revolution, alliances are formed and new relationships are established.

>So...Optimus still has the goal of bringing Earth into the cosmic community of Cybertron. But who’s with him and who’s against him have shifted a bit.

>Vince Brusio: How will Optimus’ origin be relayed in this new series? Is there room for the past? Or is the present too busy to spare time for reflection?

>John Barber: The first arc goes full-steam-ahead into the present, but there’s a parallel story in pre-war Cybertron, when he was still Orion Pax, before he became Optimus Prime. It’s important for this series to see why Optimus is doing what he’s doing, what’s motivating his actions. He’s not just taking over, and he’s not just being decisive out of nowhere.

Okay, Micronauts was pretty damn fun as usual.

>There’s a particular point in his life that we haven’t seen that’s really important to how he became Optimus Prime. He has some regrets — there was a war fought between him and Megatron, and that war lasted four million years and destroyed planets — including Cybertron, and very nearly Earth. And the ultimate goal of both sides was sort of the same — both sides were against an evil and corrupt system that had taken over Cybertron.

>The first arc is called “New Cybertron,” so the war — and the events that led to it — weigh on Optimus’ every action.

>Vince Brusio: Without spoiling the story for anyone, what’s the direction for your work? Why does Optimus get his own series outside of Transformers?

>John Barber: There’s been an overall plan I’ve had for a while. When I started writing the ongoing series, when it was Transformers: Robots In Disguise, the comic was about rebuilding Cybertron, and the politics in that. Around when it became just Transformers, the story had moved to Earth, and was about the politics and the relationship of Cybertronians on Earth. Now, in Optimus Prime, the two come together — the politics of Earth are the politics of Cybertron, and vice versa.

>Because Optimus made such a bold move in annexing Earth, the story was necessarily going to focus on him — or, at the very least, he becomes the axis on which the story pivots. There’s still a big supporting cast — Soundwave, Arcee, Jazz, Victorion, many others; plus the human contingent — but the shadow of Optimus’ actions is so big they can’t help but be pulled into his gravity. We’ll be seeing Optimus through their eyes.

>Vince Brusio: Describe your working relationship with artist Kei Zama. How have you two got along during production? How does the chemistry work, and why is Kei the best person for this book?

It definitely picked up from last issue. I guess Bunn is just bad at start-of-arcs?

>John Barber: I’ve known of Kei for a while — she’s friends with Andrew Griffith, who drew the Transformers series. I’d been working with him for years, and he — understandably — wanted to take a break from Transformers and work on some other characters for a little while. So I knew there was going to be a change.

>Kei had sent her sketchbook over to me, and she did some covers, and then she sent some new sample pages, and I really liked where she was, and I thought the look of her art — the attitude of her art — would bring a really unique feel to the book. You could see some folks at Marvel agreed; they hired her for a Scarlet Witch issue off of what I assume were the same samples. Anyway, I loved working with Andrew, and if we were going to do something different, I wanted it to be really different.

>Kei’s got an aggressive style that reminds me of Kevin O’Neill ’s stuff on Nemesis the Warlock and ABC Warriors a little — and there’s a bit of a Transformers G-2 feeling to her work, which I like a lot.

>I’ve never met her in person — she lives in Japan and I’m in San Diego — but her Twitter feed is all art, beer, and heavy metal. I think that comes through in the tone of her art, which really fits where the story was going.

>She’s been sending in layouts, and editor Carlos Guzman and I will send any notes we have, but Kei knows these characters inside and out. She knows what they look like, but also how they move. Plus there are a lot of new characters, or redesigns of classic characters we haven’t really seen in the comics, and her design sense is great.

>I think the alchemy between Kei and I will make this book something really unique in comics.

Skipping Barber's self-promotion part (the final one)

Guys.

>"I’ve never met her in person — she lives in Japan and I’m in San Diego — but her Twitter feed is all art, beer, and heavy metal."
I appreciate her already.

>Looks at this.
>Gets sudden desire for Skywarp to step on me and instantly kill me.
Why have giant robot comics done this to me?

You have a fetish for being squished now thanks to giant robots. Congrats, user san.

I like of edition

Thanks, OP.

James "I Wish I Was Joss Whedon" Roberts

Wow.. I was actually looking forward to this because I enjoy the Scavengers, but in the end I just feel mostly disappointed? Probably my own fault for getting my hopes up, but it could've been so much better (the part with Misfire and Grimlock was nice and I wish there'd been more of that, for one). Roberts' meta ruins everything, again.

At least Micronauts was good. Thanks for posting, Revolutianon

Oh fucking Christ I laughed hard on this.

Face it Tiger, you just hit the jackpot!!!

Didn't this guy die ?

read the rest of the issue.

>It is a comic book episode

It is only funny when the parody is of things I don't like like religions or identity politics.

Noooo leave MP3 alone, I'm starting to like him and I got a bad feeling the Wraith and the Scavengers are going to fuck him over big time.

What the fuck is a micronaut

Stinky poopie, like this crossover lawl!

Why would Scarlett be embarrassed? Seriously she deals with the most colorful people, not to mention this is the first time she becomes leader if anything Colton was the one who would have been embarrassed.

Not to mention the shit the Joes went through these past years I wouldn't put it past them to have been busy with shit, hell I am surprised MP3 still wants to be associated with them.

That said aside from shit like this which honestly was too cringey and too on the nose I liked it, it's always fun to read about the Scavengers also Fulcrum being squicked by humans makes me laugh (still what happened with poor MP3 though? I guess we'll never know since I doubt Roberts will get back to him).

Nah, I agree with him, it's shit.

Acroyear is either jealous or impressed, I can't tell.

The Scavenger issue kinda left like a satire-level Roberts way of saying "I fucking hate crossovers".