I unironically fucking love this cartoon...

I unironically fucking love this cartoon. Can somebody tell me why it's universally hated other than "Waaah it's not the original teen titans"?

Apologies if this thread has been done to death, I rarely Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ye22m1DISng
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Can somebody tell me why it's universally hated other than "Waaah it's not the original teen titans"?
That's basically it. "NOT MUH."

>"NOT MUH" is the only reason to hate this show.

Why am I not aloud to dislike it for other reasons? I don't even like the original Teen Titans.

>self-aware episodes that basically tell the critics to fuck off
>spammed to hell and back, both in schedule and advertising
>high profit assures it will never die
>possibly discourages other action shows
>meager writing/attempts at satire
These seem to be most of the reasons.

It's Johnny Test: DC edition but with 3 Johnnys

Probably because it is ADORED by the network to the point it steals spotlight from other shows.

WAFFLES XD

I like the show too. I think that many people don't like it is that they think it's an abomination of "Teen Titans" - show, that preceded it. It's funny, main humor comes from the differences of characters of Teen Titans, and specific animation spins the carousel of running gags and repartees even faster.

Failing to see how this makes it a bad show. All of the posts so far seem to be complaints about how it affects other shows than the show itself.

Technically, it doesn't. However, spamming a show generally considered of mixed quality tends to sour opinions on it.
Johnny Test and Spongebob can attest to this.

I don't regularly watch TV, so it doesn't really affect me that much.

I just don't think it's that funny. It's like "The Justice Friends" but with a good portion of the humor removed.

Granted, it can be funny sometimes. I explained this in a previous thread but I might as well again.

This clip right here perfectly represents it.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye22m1DISng

Now, the part where Robin takes a flamethrower and the part where he rips his clothes off I thought were funny. But the fashion show bit I found to be so unfunny that basically ruined the whole scene for me.

That's how I felt when I watched roughly 8 or so episodes of this. Generally speaking, it's hit or miss, but it misses so poorly that I almost forget it ever hit at all.

Also, their whole "haters gonna hate" attitude is pretty cringeworthy.

Shut up Pan.
Raven is a shitty waifu.

I wanna see an edit of this but with 9/11 in the lenses.

I'm in the same boat. I love this show, it's funny and I can watch it with my kid.

TTG is this weird anomoly of comedy.
When it's good it's like a solid 8/10
When it's bad it's like a 3/10.

It's a flash animated wacky cartoon, but unlike Johnny Test or even Mucha Lucha, it has this underlying feeling of effort put into it. It's pretty much the best Flash animated "so-random" Comedy show I've ever seen. Which doesn't necessarily make it great. It's just at the forefront of it's admittedly overblown and underwhelming genre.

The problems with the show are dwarfed by "Not Muh"ism, and made worse by the fact that the show pokes fun at it, but the real problem, the actual real problems with the show are: poorly written episodes like the Hotdogs and Hamburgers episode and the fact that CN spams the every loving fuck out of this show. But it's mostly just fans of the old anime that are screaming Not Muh at the top of their lungs.

Robin watching the Batcave is still one of the best animated bits that wb/DC has ever produced.

Sup Forums is retarded, at worst it's a perfectly acceptable kids' cartoon

I love it, and they only ever play it once a day where I live and often switch it out with the original Teen Titans for a season or two which makes me appreciate it more because I just, really dont like Teen Titans

You can tell theres a lot of love put into the animation style and the backgrounds, its always so nicely detailed

Oh, we can make it so much worse.

I like it too user, I don't get it either. It's hilarious. It's stupid and it excels at being dumb. What a great show. It's at least better than AT or SU, both of which I find to be boring loredumps.

You're literally saying this after several posts stated their reasons for not liking it without mentioning anything pertaining to the original show.
You can't just repeat the "not muh" excuse over and over and expect it to hold water when you purposely ignore any of the other criticisms.

I love it as well. I just never visit these threads.

Because no matter what criticism that anyone gives the show, the supporters will block them out and only hear 'Not muh Titans'. So it's pretty much a lost cause to even answer their question

It's more of the things around it
>Plays 65% of the time
>3 day marathon
>Advertised every second including "new favorite show"
>Singing in commercial breaks
>Planted the seeds of the 2nd dark ages of bad Reboots

Even if you like the show it is unavoidable at this point. All its missing is a theatrical movie

>Why am I not aloud to dislike it for other reasons?
because the majority of haters complaints are "not muh" and have become the most expected answer, just like a majority of trump haters main argument against trump is "he's hitler" and not any of his talking point.

yeah, it probably has nothing to do with it being awfully unfunny :^)

So what you are saying is, pic related? Yeah, I thought so too.
>because the majority of haters complaints are "not muh" and have become the most expected answer
So this overrides every other opinion of this shit show because of a meme? I'm dead serious, Sup Forums is fucking Tumblr/Reddit 2.0. You cannot do anything outside of a echo chamber, and all you shits do is hugbox. I seriously wish this site's rules for 18+ only fucking was enforced.

Its superhero spongebob

Beat me to it, user.

I think its art looks disappointingly lazy compared to the old cartoon, or DC Nation New Teen Titans, or the concept art for the show itself.
Other than that, I don't particularly care. Some of the clips I've seen appeared entertaining enough.

Its basically Sealab 2021

They took the old characters, made them exaggerated assholes and stuffed it full of sex and drug jokes, death with unexplained revivals, and surrealist bullshit humor.

It's the show a stoned 12 year old would make and I love it.

I like what they do with Robin , its almost like an Illuminated Guy take on him.

The erectile dysfunction episode with his staff was top kel

The impression I get is that, opinions on the show itself aside, people despise it because CN shills it so much at the expense of every other show on the network besides PPG. If it wasn't literally shoved down the audience's throat as "YOUR NEW FAVORITE SHOW" I'm sure people's opinion on it would be much more positive.

I think it's okay, can be real funny sometimes but has an equal chance of just being obnoxious.

No lie, its the funniest show on cn

it reminds me s lot of those stupid early 90s 11 min shorts maxe by stoners barely out of college.

Like the episode that builds up to an epic race between kid flash and robin, complete with training montage, that just ends when Dick smashes in KF's legs with a pipe and runs the whole race to triumphate music

Or that time Raven killed ths whole team becasue of her granny fetish.

Or the leg day trilogy.

Its just stupid enough to work.

It's only good for making bait threads and making fun of people. Everything about it is average at best, and at this point I've stopped being sick of hearing about it. It's just a part of comics and cartoons at this point.

OP straight up asked you why. So instead of bemoaning some unseen reason you can't, just fucking tell him your reasoning. You wasted a whole post and didn't establish even a hint of your reasoning.

Say what you want TTGfans, I'm just glad I'll never meet you fags irl, just observing your akwardness from afar.

/co hates it because no matter how much they deny it, Cartoon Network is a network for little kids and TTG is loved by little kids and is a great babysitter for shitty parents so they love the fact it's on in huge blocks. /co just gets pissed because they are deluded enough to think that it wasn't on something they like would take it's place but it would just be another lil kids show and not the stuff they want

>takes up more than half of CN's schedule
>regularly bashes its critics
>characters become insane jerks
>kids actually like it and is very profitable, ensuring it will be CN's SpongeBob

IMO though, the show is hit-and-miss

Pretty hit and miss at times, but I like it.

Mr Enter does a bunch of shitty reviews about it. His reasoning is that it's childish and mean spirited, all while insulting it's audience

I'd like it more if it didn't clog up the schedule. That said i wish TTGO was more cynical then it already is. Stick to parody and kicking nostalgiafags in the balls. They've never been able to pull of le epic waffle humor XD or relationships. I thought out of every show to stay away from ships TTGO would be one of them but nope. Stop it and stick with your strengths.

Not that the show does it themselves, but I digress.

In all honesty, if the crew is having fun making it, that's not my problem. And if there are people who unironically like it, I guess they're doing SOMETHING right.

>CN decides it wants to capitalize on an already successful franchise
>writers take the basic premise and just sort of go in their own direction because nobody told them not to, could've easily made pretty much the same show but with different characters
>fans of the original feel cheated and get mad at the writers who were just doing what they were paid to do, instead of the execs who just wanted to shovel out something with the TT name attached to it
>writers decide to respond by being petty and unprofessional, going out of their way to antagonize people over trivial internet drama in their show
The moral is that CN execs ruin everything.

The "jokes" are beyond awful, every frame is enough to make me want to burn it, Calarts style art and animation, no consistent character traits or schticks (compared to looney tunes).
If cartoons had a holocaust this would be it.

Spongebob was funny and fun to watch though.

>Dick smashes in KF's legs with a pipe and runs the whole race to triumphate music
And everybody is cheering him on too

PS. The comics are pretty good too

>no consistent character traits or schticks (compared to looney tunes).
You should probably watch it first brah

If anything it's superhero zombie Spongebob.

The show is at it's best when it's an episode where they go full meta or basically tells the critics to fuck off. I'm not saying it's a good thing that it insults fans, but those episodes are when they have their best jokes and humor.

>Let's Get Serious
>Return of Slade
>The redub of Divide and Conquer
>the literal bottle episode

Otherwise the episodes tend to be very 'meh' quality.

>Its basically Sealab 2021
So bizzaro episode when?

Jesus Pan I know you love your stylish thick outlines but this is really bad

But Sealab was funny and didn't try to piss it's critics off.

Well there was that redub of an old episode, but the show was still way more funny.

BIZARRO

>Aired nonstop
>Unfunny and obnoxious as fuck
>Characters are despicable little shits we're supposed to find "loveable"
>Relies on pissing critics and people off directly, including shitting on cancelled, better shows like Young Justice (Before Season 3 was announced) and Green Lantern The Animated Series.
>Steals the much better and actually enjoyable LOLRANDUM show Uncle Grandpa's spotlight.

Literally fuck off, underage fag.

I laughted when Raven said the name of the movie.

It just feels like they're repeating the same joke over and over again.

>hey, you know this character/idea/place?
>what if it's 100% more wacky and random xD?!

It's a crying shame that they wasted talent like Weird Al on this show.

I hate it simply because its a weed strangling everything around it.
I don't care about the show, its mixing the bad writing of Johnny Test, and has the popularity of Spongebob. Both terrifying when combined.

Oh so you never watched it, huh?

I used to like it but the constant attacks against the "not muh"s got on my nerves and made me unable to enjoy it. I can like something on its own merits but it constantly provoking haters and talking about the old show means it's no longer on its own merits.

Shhh, dont say that out loud

He's not completely wrong. There are a dozen episodes about X theme, where they travel to the land of X to find the king of X, and then they fight in a brief action sequence.

Those are obviously the filler episodes though.

>Enter on the Pizza Party podcast never ever
That could only be amazing.