Why is there so much corruption in these states?

Why is there so much corruption in these states?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kids_for_cash_scandal
citizensvoice.com/news/11-years-for-cordaro-7-for-munchak-1.1264904
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Thanks map with no explanation of rankings.

However, I think NC is fairly rated

There was a political science paper a while ago that argued states with capitals away from major cities tend to be more corrupt. The theory is that state capitals that are also large cities have more oversight from the press because a big city newspaper can afford putting more people on the capital beat and more media watchdogs makes corruption less likely.

bump

Iowan here. Corruption is so minimal as to be pretty much non-existent, except for really petty stuff like fire departments choosing to buy from a certain supplier because they have had good dealings/a good relationship with him in the past. It's really not tolerated here, at least, in the portion of the state I'm from..

That seems fairly consistent with this map.

how do you gauge corruption? how many are caught? Do they do stings? Do they have an HBO special about these stings?

Florida has term limits which have given lobbyists (often former representatives) huge advantages/influence in the state and local government when it comes to policy creation. Florida is pretty much one of the only states where the entire government is run by and for the wealthy.

What is the criteria for corruption?

It's fine though since half the people are too old to care and the other half just wanna be left alone.

the paper was bullshit.

In reality, North Dakota has almost no corruption.

I gave large sums of money to sheriffs, mayors, district attorneys and even the governor here in Louisiana.
I am always able to get out of speeding tickets and get invited to things like governors balls. I always get offered free shit like tickets to football games as well.
I wouldn't say its corruption, but rather just political favors although that is the textbook definition.

Explain how term limits give an advantage to lobbyists?

Meanwhile across the Mississippi, here in Illinois, we're on a really deep level of hell.

> term limits make corruption worse

We're all fucked then.

Maybe we'll send Emperor Branstad over to you guys when we're done. It's remarkable how open Des Moines is. I went to the capitol building the other day and, although he wasn't there, the doorman let me walk right into his personal office. Apparently, he believes government needs to be accessible by the average person. What an incredible thought.

New Yorker here, the state should be black

In theory, term limits make the average politician less experienced and leads to less institutional knowledge and culture because of the high turnover. That leads to corruption caused by incompetence (a seriously underrated type of corruption). Term limits also create a much quicker legislator to lobbyist pipeline. Hypothetically, a state senator is more likely to play ball with an industry if he figures that he's only got a few more years left in the legislature and needs to figure out a post political career.

>PA most corrupt
>NJ second least corrupt state

FUCKING LIES

It doesn't count as corruption when you're paid in doughnuts.

Trump should have picked him as VP. Would do away with the 'no government experience' argument.

Lot of big union states there.

I'm a native of Northeast PA and currently live in Philly. Both regions are extremely corrupt, but I would have to imagine that Northeast PA, specifically Lackawanna and Luzerne Counties, are right up towards the top. It's almost unbelievable how corrupt and poorly managed the Scranton and Wilkes Barre areas are.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kids_for_cash_scandal
Only a few recent instances below.

>citizensvoice.com/news/11-years-for-cordaro-7-for-munchak-1.1264904

notice how the blacker the state, the more corrupt it is?

the map says it all.

>MD not as corrupt as Pennsylvania
Wew we did it

Ehh, screwed up the links. But anyway, it's also worth reading up on Louis DeNaples and how he controls the entire region through his mob style tactics. Also, Bob Mellow. The list goes on and on and on.

You're right, i bet all those whites in Alaska wished they could move out of that niggerpit and move to a white paradise like California.

I thought about that, but South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, and Alaska are weird outliers to that theory. There has to something besides demographics to explain how Iowa, Minnesota and Nebraska all border South Dakota, but are at opposite ends of the corruption spectrum.

Oil

It is BLACK gold

what is corrupt about mississippi? i don't pay attention to local politics

You guys see any trends?

kek

>Jersey not black

ya calling bullshit

>Cali and NY not blacker than africa
This is full of shit.

Pic related

>tfw democrats made Pennsylvania one of the most corrupt states with their gerrymandering, voting scandals, under-the-table deals, and other bullshit just to uphold the Democratic party's slim majority in PA

Fucking hell, the state would be red, believe it or not.
Also
>New Jersey
>Not Black

Wew.

>New york is rank 2
>capital is albany
>largest city is new york

>california is rank 3
>capital is sacramento
>largest city is los angeles
>has multiple other large cities

>washington is rank 5, the least corrupt