RWBY/RT General #1019: Box Jelly Edition

Previous thread: Rules of RWBY/RT General:
>1. Read the Pastebin:
pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW
>2. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion.
>3. Don't believe their lies

Latest Chapter: roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-4-volume-4-episode-5-jhf568

.m3u8 Link: wpc.1765A.taucdn.net/801765A/video/uploads/videos/0a41e8db-182e-416d-88cc-025de2e1bd09/index.m3u8

RT Animated Adventures - Latest Episode: roosterteeth.com/episode/rt-animated-adventures-2016-251

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4
rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Kristina_Nguyen/Image_Gallery
twitter.com/kerryshawcross/status/806509976231571456
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Version 1 RWBY

>That Grimm

BEST GIRL

>Yang with Black and Yellow
This is so much better than that brown

I actually like Weiss' previous design to her 1-3 one

Yeah, looking at her Volume 4 concept art they seem to be going back in that direction, which is good. Brown is OK for coats and stuff, but its a bit dull to be Yang's primary colour

She looks so much cooler without the dumb puffy sleeves and shorts. This Yang, as little as we can see of her, looks much more badass and serious

That;s the whole point isn't it? She doesn't think it's all a game anymore.

Cute!

>Ghira
>Surviving

>Sun
>Surviving

Zerg?

I really hope they dont edge her up too much. Yangs personality is a big part of her charm and just turning her into an edgelord would suck.

Yeah, I'm really hoping we get Yang in a more streamlined biker chick look some time this volume. It would fit her character becoming a bit more focused, and frankly she's the only one so far confirmed to drive so it would sense she'd use a bike to catch up on the 6 months head start everyone else has

Yeah, she's gonna drive her bike over the ocean

There are boats. Admittedly they seem to sail at Berserk speeds but boats nonetheless

To be fair, Ghira has death flags simply by being the former WF leader.

She's already not that edgy now. But I think she won't be the constantly joking and ranging punching machine she was in Vol 1-3 either.

The anger I think will be toned down so that instead of flaring up over every little thing and minor hair damage, she'll only turn on the rage mode when it's something geniunely getting angry about.

Sun has death flags simply by being Blake's designated love interest. His allusion beats a bull king; you really think that's gonna happen, tho? That's Yang's fight. He's gonna die trying

Shame that they gave Yang her robot arm so early. I would have loved to see her do some one-armed combat. Hell, even her preview outfit was partially a lie, as it's missing her new arm.

And for blatantly not buying the White Fang's bullshit
And for being the king of Menagerie
Dude's going to die in a Pyrrhic victory for Blake and the Faunus; they'll know the White Fang are a bunch of terrorist dickbags, but they'll lose their king in the process

>The absolute salt from Bumblebeefags when Sun can actually hold Adam back and saves Blake in the process
Oh just imagine

In Sun's story, as he's fighting the Bull Demon King a higher power just kicks the BDK's ass and runs off with him.

I could see Yang interrupting the fight just as Sun is losing

Literally how would she fight one-handed? Her entire style revolves around having two arms. Unless you want her to become fucking Mercury, she has to have another arm.

While they could have turned her into a fighter that used her feet and remaining arm to an interesting combat style, they clearly don't have the choreography chops for it.

You're not wrong, Sun has barely any death flags on him. The only one I can think of is he doesn't have a new outfit like everyone else, but then where would he get it from? And his current one is pretty good anyway
I've been thinking that the arm is actually the ruse cruise, and Yang is going to learn how to punch motherfuckers with her aura. I mean, in the Yellow trailer she demolishes a nightclub just by getting pissed, between that and the flames thing she's got something more going on than just a Hulk style pain to power semblance.

>That's Yang's fight.
I think you mean Blake's fight

That's a very big, clean HD pic. Awesome. Do you have the preview pics of Ruby, Weiss and Blake too?

>Blake
>Actually facing her fears
Not likely

The posters are jsut for advertisment purposes.

Blake stopped wearing her bow almost right away, and based on how much fun they seem to be having moving her ears with the new animation system, I don't think it's coming back.

I highly doubt he would die in history he was able to at least fend off the bull king

For the outfit, we could ask the same question for Blake.

But I agree, the whole Sun's gun die is merely bbfags getting their own hopes up. I hope the writers will dash these hopes in the most magnificent way possible.

Aura can be depleted. And then she'd be completely useless again.

I don't I'm afraid, can't even remember where I found that either. Maybe someone else ITT has them.
She fights him in the opening credits, and her entire current arc is about Blake realizing she has backup who'll help her fight. I could see it happening

That's the twist. In the story he beats the bull king. In rwby, he'll get killed by him

He doesn't beat him in the story though, he holds him off long enough for someone else to kick his ass

Anyone else wonder how much strife there really was with Monty and RT? Since he had different ideas on where to take the show. I don't think shane was bullshitting about that

I mean, by that logic Yang going after Adam will just end with one less limb for her; and I don't see that happening, even if it would be amusing

She fought him in the V3 opening credits too

>She fights him in the opening credits

Weiss also fought Emerald in the opening of Volume 3 and I don't think the two of them have ever spoken to each other at all.

I don't think openings should be used for credibility.

Weiss' outfit is way too matchy. And it looks like a lowkey Elsa rip-off

This. Openings aren't a be all end all

Weiss fought Emerald in the V3 opening AND the V2 opening

>Yang loses her rematch with Adam
>And the next
>And the next
>Her fifth fight with him goes like this
youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4

Some of the production staff during V3 apparently had issues with the way things were being done. Mostly the Monty loyalists

Not that much, I just think Monty was very attached to certain ideas and wouldn't let them go. The whole dance arc/routine thing, for example, felt very "Monty pushed for this, and pushed HARD"
I have no doubt he was coming around to how things are running now though. Hell, part of me thinks the more....questionable parts of Volume 2 were Monty getting ideas out of his system
Fair point, but if Adam does make an appearance Blake is by far and away the most likely target. He's obsessed with her, and outside of Yang I don't think he knows anything about Blake's team

Shane, Dillon, and Kristina all got fired. They don't work there anymore

I understand Shane, but Dillon and Kristina are both losses. Dillon was essentially Monty Lite, and Kristina's enviromental art is gorgeous

>but if Adam does make an appearance Blake is by far and away the most likely target. He's obsessed with her,

I'm sure he will make his way to Menagerie once he hears about Blake being there. He wants her to suffer. He said he would kill anyone she loves, and that includes Sun and her parents.

Shane and Dillon both being fired leaves me with no confidence that the fights will ever be good again

Tbf, Shane had to go

>Papa 'Donna death flag raised

Shame about Dillon though, RT can be very cut-throat. After V3 finished, he uploaded an animation showcase to his youtube channel featuring all the segments that he made and RT had it taken down

One or both parents will likely die, but probably not in this volume. It's too early to kill them. We barely know them. If they are going to die then the fans need to start bonding more with them so that they can become sad by their deaths.

Think we'll ever get this level of concept art ever again now that Kristina's gone?

Is she the one that does the art that plays at the credits of Volume 4?

Damn. She fired?

>195x195

I don't think there was much, because Monty and RT were really great friends and they were willing to accomodate him because they really enjoyed having him around and working for them.

Something that was not shared by Shane however.

I actually these better than the ones in the show

rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Kristina_Nguyen/Image_Gallery

By that logic, we'll need like one more episode to be as bonded as we were with Pyrrha and Penny

I thought Dillon was just a season by season contract and they didn't ask him to come back.

Why was Kristina fired?

>We barely know them

You can say that about almost any character in the series.

Yeah he was hired, but they chose not to extend his contract. So he was not actually fired.

She reblogged Shane's letter, and spoke more about it

>The posters are jsut for advertisment purposes.
Stop hurting me

If you're gonna kill off characters, especially parents to a main character, then their deaths have to serve a purpose and make the fans sad. Blake's parents dying can act as a great character growth and even change her completely, not necessarily for the better.

I like Blake's mom already. She's so sweet. She's the first good mother that we see in the show. Summer is dead, Weiss' mom is likely a miserably alcoholic, Raven is a cunt.

Did she? I know Dillion reblogged it and they almost immediate took it down, which meant either he realized that would hurt his chances of coming back, or he just reblogged it before he actually read it and realized this ode to Monty was actually just 30 pages of trashing RT and praising Sheena.

Shane's letter?

She got fired? That is a shame

What about the lead developer of Grimm Eclipse? He seems to be the only RT employee who retweeted/reblogged the letter and still works at the company, though he was conspicuously absent from the devs team on Extra Life

If I remember correctly, she reblogged it on tumblr and said something along the lines of
>'This is why I've been keeping quiet about work on V3'

Is Arkos 2 lewd?

It's 2 shit

After JNPR was finished for Grimm Eclipse there hasn't been any real news from them. The game is done.

Kristina's environmental art is amazing. It's a shame she got cut -_-

They would never have sex.

Too pure.

It's not 2 anything anymore
Now it's just 1

>They would never have sex.
>Too pure.

Arkos isn't lewd at all; after all, they never fucked.

so what was the pic of Blake line again saying something like Im not crying you're crying any idea what happened to make her say these lines?

twitter.com/kerryshawcross/status/806509976231571456

Imagine being a RWBY fan on the same plane as Miles, Kerry and Gray and overhearing them talking about shit that's gonna happen.

I'm pretty sure "I'm not crying you're crying" wasn't one of her lines, it's what Arryn said about her lines.

Arryn hinted that she recorded some very sad lines that will be used later in this volume.

Oh well shit Im retarded still makes me wonder then

Never again ;-; I hope they find a decent replacement for her

Well gee user, if fanart counts then that's a whole different story.

>Yang's thighs in this outfit
How am I only just now seeing this?

SOON

Oh, that's where Jaune got the 'metal' for the armor from?

What happened again? The hiatuses are so long it's hard to remember the details.

Too bad it looks derpy as shit. Character art wasn't her strong suit

We don't know exactly either. Jaune gave something to a blacksmith, something made of bronze metal, and that metal was used to reinforce Jaune's shield, sword and add some golden lining to his gauntlets, chest plate and shoulder pad. It was probably Pyrrha's circlet.

Yup, they took what was left of Pyrrha's weapons and armor and smelted it with Jaune's.

As opposed to, you know, offering them to those people who raised there daughter for 17 or so years and sent her overseas to become coffee grinds.

I wonder if were ever gonna meet Pyrrhas parents

They found Pyrrha's weapons and tiara at the top of the tower, Jaune had them melted down and added to his armour as a memento mori. If we ever meet Pyrrha's parents I hope they're suitably pissed at Jaune over doing that
Kristina's art might have been amazing (some of those concept pieces wouldn't look out of place on a Magic card) they've definitely come leaps and bounds in environmental design over the series

They should have let EinLee do the poster for Volume 2