What are your hopes, fears and expectations for the Captain Underpants movie?

What are your hopes, fears and expectations for the Captain Underpants movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I hope the animation's on par with The Peanuts Movie. I'm also hoping that there isn't too much toilet humor in it. I know that's kind of unlikely, given the source material, but even the source material had some funny jokes that didn't involve bodily fluids.

Fetish bait.
Lots.

I sort of feel sad of Dreamwroks, these guys used to make movies based ob Biblical epics and now they are reduced to make movies about forgotten 80's toylines and now this shit.

B-b-b-bubba-bobba-hob-hobba-hobba-wah-wah

Though I did enjoy their original movies, I think they did the right choice in going into making their own original films, like Kung-fu panda and HTTYD, and like Disney and Pixar they need to make shitty padding films to pay for their better films

I want them to hand out flip books at movie theatres and they are used in a flip-o-rama scene in the film.

The boys experiment with each other sexually.

It's funny how this can only be acceptable if Captain Underpants is male and not female.

The scene that comes to mind for me is the one in Wicked Wedgie Woman where they need to find fabric softener, so one of them suggests going to a new store. The store name?

Everything Except Fabric Softener

I've cut ties with the series when they made one of the boys gay.

Book accurate film adaptation of "The Day My Butt Went Psycho"

when*

m-m-muh conservative beliefs!!!!!

Doesn't belong in childrens media

Especially several books in after they've become nostalgic

Jeez, they're just now trying to cash in on this?

Which one?

why is that inappropriate for children? gay people exist. would you rather pretend they didn't so children can hate them later in life?

Especially now that the series is over, at least for now.
Would have made more sense to make a film during the early/mid 2000s.

Yeah I remember book series being done when I was 15 in 2004. It hasn't been relevant for years, and Dreamworks doesn't exactly have creative people who can make a fresh film.

This isn't the place for this conversation.

Children don't need confusing and destructive views on what it means to be a man or a women, or what a healthy, socially productive relationship is.

Will not reply further, feel free to be triggered.

Ok, then don't reply. You can't hide behind vague, baseless claims and then back out without looking like a bitch anyway. The point is that gay people exist. Children should know this. Gay children should be able to see themselves in media. End of story.

The last book only came out about a year ago, but yeah unless the film's success gets the author to make more books then releasing it this late only seems strange.

HTYYD is based on some books

They are still releasing the good stuff. They just use the shit stuff to finance it.

Also let us not forget that the Shrek and How to Train your Dragon books are fucking awful children's books.

>gay children
No such thing.

Flip-o-rama is my only concern.

HTTYD was based on a book too user. It wasn't completely their own work. BUT, I do like Dreamwork's adaptation.

I was more disgusted they made one of the boys a race mixer, but what did you expect from a jew?

I hope they condense several books into one. Like the first 3 or 4 could easily fit in a film without losing much.

Also I want Poopypant's name wall.

And Cap better say Tralala

>I cut ties with the series when they made one of the boys gay.
So...the last book? I mean okay.'s just pretty late in the game for that.

I would love for them to hve an action scene that mocks the repetitive motion of a flip-o-rama before going into a much more spectacularly animated piece.

I'm more curious about George & Harold's comics.

i beg to differ, Sup Forums is full of gay children

I hope George and Harold make a limited edition comic book that could go with the movie

kinda like how there was a limited edition Garfield comic made for the first movie

speaking of which, did you guys hear about the upcoming animated Garfield movie?

Is that Mr. Meaner?

It's going to be awful but at least we will get some dank memes out of it.

What? Why. Who is still beating this dead horse?

It's literally a panel with Harold and his husband. It hardly changes what i it means to be a man or a woman or show a healthy or unhealthy socially productive relationship.

What I especially love is how EEFS became a recurring part of the series lore.

Damn those books were awesome.

>Hopes
It'll be as good as I remember the books being
>Fears
It won't be as good as I remember the books being
>Expectations
It won't be as good as I remember the books being

Yeah, he was the main villain in the book.

Goddamnit I love how all the teacher's names are puns.
It took me a while before I got Ms. Anthrope

>hopes
TRA LA LAAAAAA
>fears
shitty celebrity voices
>expectations
shitty celebrity TRA LA LAAAAA

>gay people exist.

Yeah, and theyre a degenerate sexual perversion that should not be promoted as "okay". Once that gets made mainstream they'll start to push for zoophilia and pedophilia to be made "okay". Degenerates never settle for just the inch they're given. They'll ALWAYS tryto take a mile.

>>would you rather pretend they didn't so children can hate them later in life?

You say that as if it was somehow a bad thing. Children OUGHT to be brought up to hate sexual degeneracy and perversion. Gays cannot reproduce so children HAVE to be indoctrinated

Besides, Pilkey is only forcing it in to score PC brownie points and to stroke his ego over how progressive he is.

>In 2006, Captain Underpants Halloween costumes created controversy at Long Beach High School in Long Island, New York. Three female students dressed up as Captain Underpants causing the principal, Nicholas Restivo, to enact a costume ban for all students. The three girls put on beige leotards and nude stockings under white briefs and red capes. According to Principal Restivo, "the appearance was that they were naked

>Degenerates never settle for just the inch they're given. They'll ALWAYS tryto take a mile.
What are you trying to say here? That gays, pedos and zoophiles are literally the same people?

Sounds like another hypno ring candidate to me.

I guess people who fuck dogs and diddle the kiddles should deserve to see themselves in media too, then. Because theyre perversions like homosexuality too

>>Sir Stinks-A-Lot.

Egad. Even the title sounds like a metaphor for sodomy

Sounds like you're battling some inner conflict, user

You have to be 18 to post on Sup Forums

The whole idea of having sex for any other purpose than reproduction is pretty degenerate, and basically every animal does that.

Only in the sense that it's all sexual perversion. Im sure there are pedos who wouldnt fuck animals and so on.

But now that homosexuality is becoming accepted you can count on other sexual deviancy to start demanding the same treatment. Some folks are already pushing for animal marriage now

Nope. Not in the least.

I'm over 18.

Neither Harold nor George were established as straight before they *quietly* revealed Harold was gay

>I've cut ties with the series when they made one of the boys gay.
go back to Sup Forums

You have to be under 55 to post on Sup Forums

>muh slippery slope

yourlogicalfallacyis.com/slippery-slope

>Nope. Not in the least.
thats what all people with internal conflicts say

>I'm over 18.
thats what all the underage people on this site say

Gays fucking other gays is not the same as the others fucking things which cannot consent. They're not the same, and gays aren't for promoting the other things. How did you end up holding these views you hold?

this.

Harold, the one with the bad haircut and no tie.
Remember that now.

They went to the future in the last book, and Harold had a husband and Asian kids. It was very matter of fact, wasn't waved around at all. And after you read his younger days when he first met George, and if you know some psychological statistics, it kinda makes sense.

>they literally got him doing the face already

Maybe combine the plots of just the first and fourth books while coming up with a new way for the Captain to get his superpowers. I think squeezing multiple books into a single movie would be too much. If nothing else, there should only be one main villain in the movie.

>combine the plots of just the first and fourth books
Well congratulations, that's exactly what's happening. Professor Poopypants is the villain of this movie.
Just as well, Dr. Diaper Baby was dull as fuck, and the next two don't rely on the events of the previous books.
But I still want to see the Robo-Toilet-2000 on the big screen.

ah shit.

the books are short tho

Blatantly false when you take into consideration NAMBLA used to be an influential sections within the gay community and focused fraction within the gay rights movement.

As a teacher, they most certainly do. With some kids, you can just tell.

First off, we fix a certain something-something.

>I'm also hoping that there isn't too much toilet humor in it.

Isn't the book series just wall to wall toilet humor? One of the villains is even their version of Mr. Hankey, isn't it?

It's also puns and satire of the public school system.

Don't feed the troll.

Don't feed the troll.

Shiieeet, I woulda thought that after having to look at Captain Underpants' fat ass for many an adventure, he would never wanna see another man naked ever again.

I know that this is partially just troll bait, but the main difference is that kids and animals can't consent, while a gay lover can.

There was a lot of self-aware humor, too. In the second book, George and Harold needed to make a robot to fight the Turbo Toilet. Harold suggest a urinal robot named "The Urinator", but George says "We can't get away with that in a children's book, we're skating on thin ice as it is!"

>the good stuff
Ah yes, like..
>anything after HTTYD2

The day they create a film adaptation for The Day My Bum Went Psycho is the day I lose my sides

OH NO

Neither does a fully-grown man in underpants, but I don't see you complaining.

I hope it will be fun
I hope the voices won't suck
I expect the voices to suck

Compare the production value of HTTYD2 to the production value of everything after. If a slew of shitty cash grab movies is what it takes to make HTTYD3 not Shrek 3 I will gladly take them.

The books are almost completely different though. They pretty much just borrowed the characters and setting.

whatever happened to the director after the ending of the books?was he still an asshole?

id rather have a heathcliff movie thats a series of black and white artsy vignettes with classical opera for the soundtrack

>I'm also hoping that there isn't too much toilet humor in it.

The entire franchise is built off toilet humour.

The kid constantly drew pictures and made comics about a grown man in his underpants and hypnotized his adult male principle to be said man in his underpants.
It would be surprising if he didn't turn out to be gay.