Is this the most kino show of all time?

Is this the most kino show of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TWSsVOhnkY0
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4TX6x2WLgk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One of the most kino comedies for damn sure

the editing was pretty ace

Yep, pretty much. Also, the greatest soundtrack for the series ever.

LET 'EM HAVE IT!

>no soundtrack
>no laughter track
>little to no story arcs

kino

K I N OOOOOOOOO

PEW PEW

>Such a nerd! xD: the show

OI OI!

Fuck off

Wish Jessica did more nudity

How dare you she's pure.
However, I do wish she had a more prominent role in Cornetto trilogy than a single 2-minute cameo. Why didn't she write it with them or at least played the bigger parts.

MY WORK HERE IS DONE

Same.

This and Black's Books are my favorite shows from the UK

>Jessica Steiner
>Steiner is the literal german translation of Stoner

Bravo Wright

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU FAGGOTS THIS IS REDDIT THIS IS MEMES

It's been 18 years since The Phantom Menace give it a rest user

WHAT ABOUT THE EWOKS? THEY WERE RUBBISH!

If you hurt him.... I'll KILL you....

You shot me in the bollocks, Tim.

Jessica and Simon were the writers. Don't get me wrong, Wright contributed a lot. He probably was the only working tv director at the time who had a more creative approach rather than traditional tv filming, which probably influenced their writing because they knew that they could get away with a lot more visually than just flat two camera setups could offer. But he had nothing to do with coming up with the names of the characters.

>there are underage on this board who think everyone liked the pahntom menace until the plinket reviews

youtube.com/watch?v=TWSsVOhnkY0

>sit down and watch tv to watch retarded northerners watch tv
this show was cancer, still it was funny because laughing at how dumb northerners are is a favourite pastime

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4TX6x2WLgk

>poncy southerner with irrational prejudice against people who happen to live further north than he while probably voting for Sadiq Kahn and defending Muslims

Sadiq Khan isn't even a Muslim

you would know.

>Vulva

Edgar Wright is a hack

I just found some Jaffa cakes in my pocket

The paintball episode was pretty much the closest thing pure, unfiltered kino we can achieve.

I cannot believe Spaced is 18 years old.

It's funny how things made in the late 90s do not look terribly dated, yet something from the late 80s immediately betrays itself. Fashions and music today are still fundamentally similar to 1999.

This was a golden period for British TV comedy, starting with The Day Today (1993) and ending with Peep Show (2004/5). Simon Pegg was a massive Steve Coogan fanboy. Many of the same actors would be seen in varying shows.

Remember when she changed her name, got loads of botox and liposuction, caked on the makeup and came on tv looking like an autistic, paralyzed cat woman, tried to come across as a serious acteur, then immediately reversed it all and went back to comedy?

She must have been doing SO MUCH coke to get over how hard Pegg dropped her for fantasy casting waifus.

easily

Waifus: The Movie

Twist > Jessica, I thought this was common knowledge

Her name was Daisy you mong. Jessica was the actors name.

Also Twist a shit, Daisy 4 lyfe

JAR JAR BINKS MAKES THE EWOKS LOOK LIKE FUCKING SHAFT.
I've seen this show a dozen times or more, nearly every line is quotable as fuck but not once does it come across as quippy or annoying. Brilliantly written and the greatest love story ever told.

I think we should lose the axe.

"So now you're scared of dogs AND lightning?"
"And bamboo."
>That scene during the credits

holy fuck I need to rewatch this, It's been like 4 or 5 years since I saw it for the first time

DAISY STEINER
WINS

Fucking LOSER...big FUCKING Looser.

I still watch this scene it makes me feel better about myself

Nah. Didn't find it funny.

The Resident Evil 2 episode is my favourite episode of TV so far.

Brian was /ourguy/

An A-1, tip top clubbing jam character

"I said girl power."
"Did you do THIS?"
"Yes."
"...."
"Tim!"
"I'm thinking!"

Was so awesome to see most of the old cast reunited in a scene in this movie.

>tfw you should have bought Huge Fat Cocks

It was reddit before reddit existed

Post Jessicas

Spaced is the most classic Sup Forums show I can think of

I re-watched it recently and.... felt like it has aged terribly.

I just realized it's not on netflix anymore, what the fuck
it hasn't aged, it was always a product of it's time. it encompasses a lot of british 90's culture intentionally and embraces it.

Mike: In 1994 while on weekend manoeuvres in France, I commandeered a Chieftain tank without the permission of my immediate superiors. I then attempted to invade Paris. However, en route I stopped off at Disneyland Paris, or EuroDisney as it was then called, and was subsequently apprehended on Space Mountain.
TA Officer: Do you have any explanation as to why you might have done this?
Mike: Well sir, at the time, I was suffering from serious emotional problems that had clearly affected my judgement. I had immersed myself in a fantasy world of my own creation and as a result I became very insular and uncommunicative.
TA Officer: Why do you think that was?
Mike: I dunno.

Spaced is fantastic, anyone who can't appreciate is probably dead inside

Spaced perfectly encapsulated the late 90's/early 00's vibe. Some people don't like the constant references but I personally liked all the little nods to popular culture.

Also it was directed by Edgar Wright, who is a phenomenal director. Edgar Wright can do no wrong in my opinion.

Everything Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright worked on together is kino, they make a great writer/director team. Spaced, Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz are all masterpieces.

Hot Fuzz in particular is a favourite of mine and it was written by both Pegg and Wright. And I remember reading this interview where Pegg was talking with Jessica Stephenson (now Jessica Hynes) about Hot Fuzz and the scene where Pegg throws the yarp guy into a supermarket freezer and says in that typical action movie star quip way
>"Why don't you cool off?"
And Jessica said Pegg missed a trick there and the line should've been
>"Rest in peas."
And Pegg just facepalmed and said that would've been so much better, which it is. Makes you wonder if Hot Fuzz could've been even more glorious if Jessica was part of the writing team.

probably just underage.

I don't mean than in a patronising GET OFF MY BOARD UNDERAGE SHITS way, just it did come out nearly 20 years ago, and a lot of the references and jokes are very much of the time.

Good point. I hate to be that guy but people who didn't live in that period just don't "get it". It's a frightening thought that people born in 1999 are now 18 and post on Sup Forums. I doubt they even watch stuff that came out before the 2000's.

the plebbest post on 4chin /tevee/

His scenes where he starts to hear music in normal environments are some of my favourites from the whole show

>Tyres almost raving, out of his chair and pumping along to the music
>someone interrupts him
>cuts straight back to him seated like he was before the scene escalated

how do I watch this

That was a great running joke, and again brilliantly directed.
The constant flashback tease of Tim and Mike up in a tree which constantly gets interrupted was also good. Brian and Marsha's sexual tension too. Fuck it, so much of it was great.

You sure about that?

Per Wiki:
>Khan was born at St George's Hospital in Tooting, South London to a working-class Sunni Muslim family of Pakistani immigrants.

Fucking retard liberal.

Hot Fuzz was so good. I don't know how they managed to get that A-list cast they did but that really added to it. Timothy Dalton was perfect, and it was nice seeing all those comedians in there as well

>imposing character does a smug grin or menacing face
>camera zooms out to show a framed picture of that character behind him pulling the same exact face
I love this trope so much.

Colin was best boy

it's called gogglebox now...

I never understood the appeal of either of them, but Gogglebox's popularity really boggles my mind.
You're literally watching a selection of random people reacting to watching television. At first I thought it was for lonely people who like the illusion of watching tv with others, but it's one of the highest rated programmes on air. What's so fun about watching people watching telly?

The IT Crowd did that as well.

>irrational prejudice
it's not irrational prejudice if the entire half of a country can barely grasp the english language.

In reality the north south divide prejudice only exists up north.
I was born in the midlands and never heard any prejudice about northerners. Once I moved up north I heard shit loads of prejudice towards southerners.

Apparently all southerners are poofs.
Who would have known.

Yer dad would lmao

>most of the old cast reunited
hardly any of them are in it.

tars has a cameo as a zombie in shaun of the dead though

Speaking of Jessica Hynes, does anyone watch W1A?

>comedy show where half of the main cast are women
>its still comedy kino
How do the brits do it?

I know, I loved that. I can't think of any other examples but that just really makes me laugh.

I can't get into W1A. The Olympic thing was good, but W1A is just full of unbearable and irritating characters. I know that's the point but I can't sit through a full episode of it.

I'm off to point the pink pistol at the porcelain firing range

None of them were written to be some kind of paragon of virtue, just regular old folk, maybe a little more horny, a little more desperate etc.

>Spaced perfectly encapsulated the late 90's/early 00's vibe. Some people don't like the constant references but I personally liked all the little nods to popular culture.

this, I don't find it that ha-ha funny, and I personally think the pop culture stuff is a bit much, but that's personal preference. The characters, plotlines, and directing are really neat though

Yeah it's not exactly "laugh out loud" comedy, but it is well-written and all the different characters and their interactions are the best part, and the directing of course.
I like it when I get the pop culture references, but having never seen Star Wars I think quite a few flew over my head. The show just felt like a true passion project by Simon and Jessica (and Wright), where they just wrote what they liked, creating a show that they themselves would really enjoy. It's not generic, or written for the masses and it pays off.

Wilfred B*Ramble

Not Another Teen Movie basically did that, too.

You lucky people!

I'd say the last embers of the Golden Age was the Inbetweeners and the IT Crowd

things went to shit around 2008/2009

inbetweeners is when things went to shit.

The IT Crowd could be a bit hit-or-miss with me at times, maybe to do with the laughing track though which instantly turns me off something.

The Inbetweeners was consistently great though. I just googled the writers and they haven't really done much before or since which is ridiculous. The Inbetweeners was a massive hit, you'd think they'd be in popular demand for new stuff.

>What's so fun about watching people watching telly?

dunno, but reaction videos are huge in youtube so it's definitely a market

That's true. We seem to have shifted into an age where people prefer to watch other people do stuff rather than enjoying it themselves. There's people on youtube making millions a year just for uploading footage of them playing video games and commenting on them.
I just don't get the appeal.

I beg to differ

What I love about Inbetweeners is the behind the scenes apathy
After season 1 they thought it would get cancelled, then same after seasons 2 and 3. Then they thought it would just die out, it didn't so they made a movie. Thought the movie would tank, people liked it. Got greenlit for a second.

I'm not even that user but I'm amazed that I missed that. Is Mark Heap in there as well?Then again I only watched it once because I didn't really like it as much as Shaun and Fuzz

I think it's the same reason a lot of people read/watch reviews, not to actually get any insight or understanding, but just to have their own opinion validated.

seeing people laugh and react at the same things, agreeing with them, gives some sort of comfort I guess.