So I just started watching this...

So I just started watching this. Special effects are horrible but I was not prepared for the feels in so many of these episodes and also some of the horror elements are really well refined.

Does it get better or worse from here on in?

Worse. The Tennant era was a fluke.

Worse. It still feels awfully low-budget even now. The acting and SFX are still garbage.

Worse. So much fucking worse.

I also liked the next Doctor after Tennant (forgot actors name), although it started declining in quality of writing by then, but Capaldi era is a steaming pile of garbage

this and a bit of

I liked Tennant but thats probably because I was Dr Whos target audience in his era. Matt Smith is where the show starts to lose its edge and just become goofy tumblr pandering.

After you're finished with Tennant's era, watch series 5 then watch Heaven Sent and then drop it.

S3>S1>S2=S4
POWER GAP PREPARE FOR MOFFAT TAKEOVER
S5>>>S9>S8>S7>S6>S10

Heaven Scent best ep

Tennant era is the second worst in the entire show, even worst than Davidson. But for the modern seasons here's best to worst

5 > 9 = 1 > 8 > 4 > 6 > 10 > 3 > 7 >>> 2

Tennant was the best though.
You can skip all the other seasons since it's all downhill from there

literally what was wrong with tennant? He was better than Capaldi, slightly worse than eccleston an far better than Smith

Tennant era was so comfy.

No gender and sjw bullshit.

Nope, The Tennant/Piper era was GOAT... then it just slowly gets worse!

Russell T Davis was literally gay and didn't put any gay shit in the show.
Moffat was a mistake.

>better or worse
both. Doctor Who is inconsistency and suffering.

jesus christ, NEVER start a who thread. there are generals for a reason - containment. now you've got a thousand sperglords demanding that we listen why they explain who their favorite doctor is, and why.

Dr Who is just a weird inconsistent fucking show that has been on a slow decline since it began. Some episodes are garbage written by a literal who and some are kino. It's just random.

Peak episode here

Capaldi was fine Doctor, but his episodes were boring.

>those final specials with 10 trying to escape his inevitable death
I kind of wish that I stopped watching there.

2005-2008 - great
2009-2011 - good
2012-2013 - garbage
2014 - good again
2015-2017 - garbage again

Next year's looks good tho.

Ohhh its the slave master from roots 2016

>evil Gallifrey
>president Rassilon
Now the Time Lords are just buffoons to show how cool and smart the Doctor is.

>Defies the rules of time to save an innocent woman
>she offs herself anyway to fix the timeline
I will admit, that one stung.

Basically the plot to Hell Bent. Only Twelve did it to get his dick wet (#lad).

constant fucking whining and the fact that all his seasons aged like dogshit

>Tennant was the best

I grew out of Who years ago but this episode is objectively comfy viewing.

No he put gay characters in the show. He just didn't beat you over the head with it. He saved that for Torchwood. But, in general, Davies avoided the blatant SJWism that Moffat brought to the table.

But, in general, Tennant was the high water mark of the show. Some of it hasn't aged well and some of the writing was hammy. But there was childlike sense of fun and adventure that those that followed Davies just didn't have.

That, and Tennant was able to carry everything (no matter how good or bad) through sheer charisma and personality. He was really that good.

Stay in the general you fucking scum.

What is he thinking, Sup Forums?

It gets worse, much much worse

>"Come the fuck in or fuck the fuck off!"

>first trans character on the show
>literally a terrorist and degraded into being called not even human
BRAVO RTD

someone get this darkie away from me

Savor it, it only gets worse from here

Tennant > Eccleston >>>> Smith > Cappaldi

NuWho is pretty shit overall. Classic Who is where the true kino is.

le moffat face

>Eccleston
Great self-contained stories and a subtle seasonal arc with a great climax

>Tennant
All stories self-contained and are generally either hit or miss, still mainly entertaining

>Stone
In comes the seasonal arcs and long-running themes which build up great but falls flat in a really, really dissapointing way every time

>50 year special
Shit. Terrible. Terrishit.

>Capaldi
Self-contained stories which aren't too good, and some single stories seem top tier until the ending which is generally just plain shit.

Dropped sometime during the Maisie Williams episodes. Not keen on returning especially when they hired a female doctor. Show's over, enjoy while it's still relatively fresh and adventurous.

I stopped watching when it kept going with the BLACKED army guy

>trannies can't be bad people
Wut?

He filled it with gay sex jokes. They were just funny and not total shit.

The black army guy just kinda fucking dies though.

First Cappaldi season overall was just pretty fucking boring

I wouldn't even say it was a fluke. His final season is great but the one before it was absolutely dire.

Quit while you're ahead. Trust me.

I hadn't watched this show but a friend kept bugging me off and on for literally 5 years to start watching it, so I did.

Now it's not terrible so you make it through, there's some episodes you will enjoy. But, by the time you've watched a few seasons it dawns on you that it's like the weirdness of the show has infected your mind, in how you perceive tv shows. You feel like being exposed to the show, even if you stay away from the crazy fanbase (which is another story), has made you weirder, and not in a good way.

Dr Who, not even once. If you haven't started watching this show, don't. If anyone bugs you to watch it, tell them to fuck off.

>The guy from Peep Show
Fuck he would've been great

Having a machine that brings people back from the dead was so retarded. I expect better from fucking fanfiction.

I've never really been into NuWho and only ever watched it casually but the last season went so overboard with the SJW shite that I won't be tuning into the next one at all.

Hey, people are still using this pic!

Yeah, what was the point of that again?

Also I just realised Moffat pulled the "Black character turns into a cyberman but overcomes the brainwashing and leaves" plot TWICE

Also Bill's ending was basically a rehash of Clara's. If you're going to kill a character off, keep them dead. Otherwise it's just a cheap hack trick.

I really dont get the ideology. Does Moffet really think people will bring back Bill or Clara and her fucking time traveling cafe?

Probably. He strikes me as being the sort of arrogant prick to think so.

stop watching after Matt.

Eccleston > Tennant >>> Smith >> Capaldi

Actually yeah. He seemed to have a big hard on for leaving his stamp on the series. Explains why his waifu Clara had so much special shit happen to her. Like meeting every incarnation of the doctor throughout history, or helping out the Doctor when he was a child, or being the one who told the first doctor which Tardis to take

This
Eccleston can't be topped

After Moffat takes over the series declines for a few reasons.

1. Moffat is really good at starting ideas but doesn't know where to go from there. He ends up meandering and delivering horribly unsatisfying conclusions when/if he concludes storylines at all.

2. Moffat doesn't understand the show he's running. The alien in a box traveling throughout time and space is a macguffin. It's just there to move the plot along so the doctor can do cool shit with interesting characters. It is not, and should not be, the central focus of the show. Moffat has written a million speeches about how the doctor is the most powerful force in the universe which dozens of characters have delivered melodramatically and it has robbed the show of it's charm. No longer is the Doctor this guy nobody knows who uses his wit and intellect to outsmart the enemy, he is literally god, and it's fucking boring.

3. Moffat has no respect for the show. this much is obvious. You can see in his writing and his tone that he thinks he's too good for a lame show like this.
All of the above also applies to Sherlock, another terrible show run by Moffat.

This, series 1 was the most pure fun series of the reboot. Really good shit. Too bad Moffat retconned the war doctor and robbed Eccleston of his importance in the show.

>Tricks the Daleks again
>Swigs glass of Champagne
>"More fool you. Asshole."

Hell Bent was such a fucking disappointment after Heaven Sent. I thought it was great drama to kill Clara off two episodes before the finale, but the Moff just had to bring her back.

>shit opinions: the thread

>rustled jimmies: the post

>using the phrase "rustled jimmies" in the year of our lord 2k17

I'm not upset, I'm just really amused at absolutely bland and typical opinions that're on display here

I'm not kidding how the fuck do people think rtd who is good.

[s]same way people think normal who is good?[/s]

>let's put every character ever in this finale
>let's do that again
>let's make the main character suddenly terrified of death
>even if he's not going to die
>embarrassing romantic storyline with a boring side character
>followed with an actually good character getting cucked and then getting shafted into a romance with the only other black character

>that master
>those daleks

It's just, terrible.

>[s] [/s]

Stop watching now. NOW!! It's horribly addictive, even when it's shit, and you will become like all the saddos on Sup Forums generals. Protect yourself from a gloomy future.