The Vietnam War

>Musgrave's story

>i was dating my 45 in those years
>comin home each night pressing it up against my temple
>puttin it under my chin

>chambered a round
>dogs start scratching at door to say what's goin on man?
>put safety back on, put gun down, open door

goddamn

Other urls found in this thread:

history.com/this-day-in-history/ford-signs-agreement-with-soviet-union
youtu.be/u3VTKvdAuIY
youtube.com/watch?v=t9eybY9qFfY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dogs is best

This documentary was one of the best factual series I've ever seen. Stunning vision, even reporting and moving stories from all sides in the conflict. Don't want to sound trite but this really made me think.

ok but what about the transexuals in the war?

what about them?

so good i'm on my second viewing now
god damn i love this shit

tired of hearing the white male side of the story, tell the untold stories of the transgender and agendered soldiers in the war

1/10

Totally glosses over the civilian massacres and terrorist shit the vc and nva committed against civilians in the south and emphasizes every shitty thing no matter how small done by americans. Interviews depict nva as brave freedom fighters fighting a noble was and american interviews depict malcontents who wanted to talk about how they hated everything.

That and it spends way too much time on hippie protest faggotry.

For such an in-depth long documentary, they don't even scratch the surface as to the real reasons why the Vietnam war started and continued for so long.
"muh commies" isn't the whole truth.

>it ain't me starts playing

it loses it's way in the middle.
If you want to know more about Vietnam read Halberstam's Best and the Brightest

>"muh commies" isn't the whole truth.
Enlighten me, Sup Forums-senpai

does this 20 hour documentary discuss the fake gulf of tonkin incident at all?

>Totally glosses over the civilian massacres and terrorist shit the vc and nva committed against civilians in the south

are you marathoning it in 5 minute pieces?

CIA and Western capitalists supported the commies. CIA even trained Maos guerrillas. Also the whole Gulf of Tonkin incident was fake. IDK but this is probably a documentary for normies. Just a feeling anyway.

briefly
all i remember is a line or two
there was a documentary about macarthur a few years back that was much more in depth about it

not everything has to be about (((them))) Sup Forums

i am not talking about the jews. Im talking about Western support of Communism. the USSR and its satellites would have collapsed if the West had not kept feeding it.

In detail, yes
But you faggots will find always something to complain about

>It ain't me start playing

This is a perfect example of why Sup Forums is complete cancer.

Nobody was talking about SJW's race and gender shit. But suddenly you have to bring it up, as if acting like it was part of the conversation. All too feed your shitty boogeyman that liberals are attacking everything. So you're both bringing up your enemy, and highlighting your obnoxious persecution complex. You're like that girl who got dumped by her boyfriend and now won't stop talking about how much of a pig he was everyime something slightly reminds you of him. So shut the fuck up and stop whining about something that has no power over you unless you let it.

And yes, it's extremely ironic that you're whining about SJW's making you feel bad in a thread talking about people who fucking fought and died in jungles so that people like you wouldn't know the definition of a bad day.

>Western support of Communism
>not about the jq
kek

hey bro I'm not complain about anything. But i sure don't want to download an 18 hour documentary if its going to gloss over something as important as that.

>tfw Sup Forumsfaggotry pretty much means a Sup Forums thread on this series is impossible

I'm only on episode 6 and it drove home the VC massacres pretty thoroughly at the end.

but I guess people with predisposed biases like you will never be happy no matter what it shows.

noxious tranny waste gtfo
>inb4 Sup Forums

I think it never did.

You're not going to download it anyway "bro"
You're too busy bleating about your hurt feelings

giv fortunate son

Henry Ford was not a Jew. IN fact he as about as anti jew as one can get.

history.com/this-day-in-history/ford-signs-agreement-with-soviet-union

>After two years of exploratory visits and friendly negotiations, Ford Motor Company signs a landmark agreement to produce cars in the Soviet Union on this day in 1929.

it covers like 20 years of the war, the climate back home in America, as well as the conflict's preamble and aftermath

Did you really think it would cover every single thing *you* specifically wanted in only 18 hours?

yeah duder i probably won't download it. i mean its 18 hours long. i got a life ya know. aint nobody bleating about hurt fee-wings. I just axed a question is all.

The Gulf of Tonkin incident is what got us into the war. So yes. It would be like a 20 hour ww2 doc not covering pearl harbour at all.

that obviously is a big part of the doc. Most of the biggest conflicts get around half an hour of storytelling each. It's about as in-depth as you could ask for. I don't know what to tell you.

well say no more. thats all i was asking. if they covered it.

some folks are born
silver spoon in hand

So is it better than The Civil War?

no but not much in life is
civil war>vietnam war>baseball

>my dad was a pilot in the Army Air Corps, and all of dad's friends World War II vets or Korean vets, and all of my male teachers were veterans, and even my pastor had been a chaplain. They were my heroes, and I wanted to be like them.

brehs...

>that small preview about Ken Burns next doc about country music shown last night
>coming 2019

>capitalists supporting a group that specifically wants to get rid of capitalism

uhhhhhhhhh ok

>that scene where vietnamese feedom fighters are putting rocks in there shoes to pass physical and americans are being turned away en masse because they couldn't fit through imperial army recruiting office doors

wew lad ken burns really sparked my pathways

>Vietnam War documentary funded by Bank of America and David Koch

o i am laffin. How many times does the phrase "western imperialism" get used? I'm guessing a whopping zero times.

colonialism/colonial invaders is said a lot. same thing.

user BTFO

>ywn drop agent organge on ho chi minhs face
y even

Le Duan was the militant agitator. Uncle Ho dindu nuffin

Were the black soldiers in fact, "too booku" or were the prozzies just racist?

I'm only halfway through Ep 1 but its literally all western imperialism user. Ho Chi Minh pleaded to America time and again to help free them from their oppressors and America did nothing to preserve their interests

mistakes were made: the documentary

also hot 20-something US soldiers if you're into that sort of thing.

I'm sure Uncle Ben knows a thing or two about that

> it ain't me starts playing

youtu.be/u3VTKvdAuIY

Forgot my pic

>Ho Chi Minh pleaded to America time and again to help free them from their oppressors

most important part: Ho thought of himself as a nationalist first, communist second - definitely could have worked with a guy like that

it literally hasn't reeeeeeeeeeee

That might be embarrassing, perhaps, but you're writing full 3-paragraph serious missives about a subreddit on a monkey dancing forum. Chill out.

Which in turn would've alienated France and GB who were still trying to hold onto their colonies. Of course years later it would be the French and Brits who became so adamantly opposed to American involvement in the war because the concept of irony had not yet been popularized yet in Europe.

based giv poster. We'll have to redub the entire series with the Fortunate Sons' "It Ain't Me" to get a proper version.

What heroic user is up to the task?

We opposed colonialism because we realised how futile and unpopular it was. t. India.

>France is the bad guy

We tried to warn you, but you didn't listen

I just have another tab open with it looping on youtube. its a lazy fix but w/e memes is memes

>some folks are born starts playing

I'll have to give this a try when I resume episode 2. Might increase enjoyment 500%.

this is like the exact opposite tonally but it's all I've been listening to since starting the series.

GOAT

Koch brothers have always been anti-war.

it's literally the anglos fault though

frog detected

>we interviewed guys on both sides without any form of verification other than Ken's credibility so we are impartial
>even if they are real guys on both sides, they could not be cherrypicked or edited to manipulate a certain narrative
>sponsored by BOA
>documentary
Lel.

Did you watch it?

>
interesting

>random paranoiac nonsense from someone who hasn't seen any Ken Burns
really zaps the synapses

>paranoiac
keked and checked

Is it used to describe the French of the Americans?

yes

told from the perspective of the Vietnamese, yes.

The narration takes an objective omniscient tone. It doesn't call out any one side. It leaves that to the talking heads and historic documents.

Yeah I did.
>watered down history, history, history
>random bit of "war is hell" told by some PTSD vet
>muh politics, muh communism, ZERO MENTION OF MIC, corporate war profiteering
>Bank of America
>muh lives lost on both sides
>sympathy for thy foe
>such a tragedy, so sad
>terrible decisions on both sides
>no winners
>fail to mention real winners: banks, Lockmart, MIC
>sponsored by BOA
Holy shit the irony. Faggot brainlets lap it up like hot cum. They are laughing in your faces. Stupid goyim.

>I just knew he was Vietcong
>So I grabbed the stick and I just kept on bashing
>I remember yelling "You Vietnam fucking shit!"

What did he mean by this?

yep, you sure sound smart lol.

The Uncle Ben pasta fits better desu.

t.

>Ken Burns, Bank of America and David Koch try to convince dipshit Americans who can't think critically that the Vietnam war was started in good faith and that 3 million deaths and the destruction of an entire generation of people was just a "miscalculation"

Lmao. Peak neoliberalism. Read this book instead.

>buy weapons to fight commies goys

Nothing will top this.

this post is pure schizophrenic cancer

Is this as bad as Burns commie national parks documentary

aka. redpilled

giv vietnam thread without Sup Forums faggotry

they put black nazis in cod ww2 and there's been movies like the danish girl showing how "there's been trannies for hundreds of years"

not defending the whiners of Sup Forums but the left is most definitely trying to rewrite history... but the answer is not to increase awareness of this trash through complaint but to ignore it and let it fade away

>And yes, it's extremely ironic that you're whining about SJW's making you feel bad in a thread talking about people who fucking fought and died in jungles so that people like you wouldn't know the definition of a bad day.

also lol vietnam was not a noble conflict bub

>fake giv poster

So does Burns bring up Kissinger and the fact that he's a war criminal?

better?

>most definitely trying to rewrite history
yes because videogames are bastions of historical texts.

videogame companies tactually ell you why they put diversity in games: so no one who plays them feels left out. It's sad to see people like you still think they're history lessons and not obviously engineered mass market entertainment

>schizophrenic
You're a fucking moron. I basically spelled out the basic script of each episode, if you weren't such a brainwashed retard, you'd see it.
>tell basic and watered down history for a bit
>oh shit we're losing the audience that wants to hear epic war stories, uh have some PTSD vet tell something about "war is hell."
>oh shit, that's too cliche and Americancentric, quick get that old Vietcong up to tell his bad ass gung ho, wise asian sage version of combat
>oh shit, we're losing the "history buffs," uhh...communism bad, imperialism bad, alliances bad, ideologies bad
>wait war costs money right? Weapons, supplies, men, etc. Who pays for it?
>don't worry about it. Check out these protests. Omg war crimes. Cool, NVA tunnels right? Pew pew.
>but who financed the war? Who made money regardless of victory or defeat?
>don't worry about it m8. War is hell. It was good intentions, but it got out of hand. Won't happen again. Promise.
>Sponsored by bank of america

>yes because videogames are bastions of historical texts.
with our incredibly dumbed down public i'm afraid they are, i had a classmate who was telling me enthusiastically how historically accurate assassin's creed is

i see your point about the cod devs wanting everyone to feel included but black nazis are so insanely wrong that it hilariously undercuts the left's own beliefs about the nazis + holocaust being a uniquely evil event... if they were tolerant enough to have black soldiers how is this even possible

>napalm sticks to kids starts playing

youtube.com/watch?v=t9eybY9qFfY

>innocent people die in war
cry me a river, libcuck

fake giv poster