/DSC/ - Star Trek Discovery general

>search catalog
>no general for the best currently airing show

Explain yourself, Sup Forums

I hadn't watched any ST until a few days ago. Started with TOS. So comfy.

I believe the reason is that it stars a black person.

ALL HAIL T'KUVMA THE UNFORGETTABLE

Was Michael wrong to kill him?

Continue to make generals each week. I will be here.

Please don't respond to the shit for brain alt-right posters. mods are not going to take care of them (many mods themselves are shit for brain alt-right posters). Only ignoring them will work, although truthfully that also doesn't work because they respond to each other's strawmen.

i have a feeling you are insecure about the /std/ acronym. sad.

Speculation on what happens next?

I'm guess Captain Isaacs is a hawk and lets her about because he respects her hawkish behavior after another Klingon attack without knowing that she's beginning to feel conflicted.

Is this an action show? Trailers looked literally shit mainstream Marvel/Transformers/JJ.Startrek.

as a picard fanboy i was hyped. Sadly, the first two episodes turn out to be an extended introduction into the real setting (or so I hope). Not really possible to judge it yet, as the true crew/ship is yet to be explored. It might still be the series I was hoping for, but a lot of illogical decisions by the so-called star fleet officers forebodes otherwise. Sadly. The special effects are neat tho

Watched first two episodes last night. Its not very good. Michael was much better on TWD and Yeoh is just phoning it in. Klingons and FX were good, that's about it.

Thoughts on the Spock/Data of our generation?

Surprisingly not. There was action but there was actually a good deal of Trek shit like crew banter, likable characters and debates over the ethical thing to do. The characters actually think their way out of problems at times instead of run and punch.

I'm not saying it will be good but it was definitely more Star Trek than the JJ movies.

>Bitchy queen bee sarcasm + shameless self preservation

He's Garek

>Logical foil
>Permafraid

he's Doug Jones, no way we wouldn't love him

I feel genuinely bad for him putting on that makeup every day, especially if the show has a long run. That guy has spent a lot of his life in a makeup chair.

I don't love him. Shit character. Shit actor. *Tilts head*

yeah, duuuh

It's either DSC or DIS. No one calls Star Trek Voyager STV

Bullshit, I've been in Trek threads all night you dumb blind nigger

anyone else think that the intro was disappointing? the visuals are nice but the music is just.. meh. Melody cameos are nice and all, but not if there doesnt seem to be a theme at all

Yeah it's generic as fuck

Kind of shitty that the intro was about Star Trek instead of about what Star Trek is about like space and exploration. Show galaxies and planets, not phasers and uniforms. I'd assume Kurtzman is responsible.

Impressive first couple episodes tbvh, I'm glad they started with what will prove to be an enormously consequential series of events, actually felt like the start of a war.

use /trek/ you dumb twat

we don't need a dozen star trek threads when we have a general

A /trek/ and a /STD/ makes sense. There's always been a /trek/, it makes sense that a completely new show gets a completely new general.

They don't like talking about anything new. All they want to do is recycle their shitty old memes all day.

How many episodes will there be?

The thread before the current one literally forbid talking about Discovery in the op.

I really liked the Klingon holoconferencing setups

I liked it

Fifteen. First half ends in November and then it goes on hiatus until January.

1 truncated season only. CBS purposely sabotaged it by refusing to air it on network, putting it behind a paywall. When they dont get enough subscriptions they can say 'see not enough interest lol' and put Trek back on the shelf for another decade.

>not /std/

Y'all posting in a CBS shill thread.

that was really well done

Well it's Doug Jones, I'm sure he's used to it.

Are you fucking retarded? Please explain to me in your world what the goal in NOT making money is?

For all of you haters, please understand that DSC (not STD, you oh-so-clever TROLLS) is the closest thing we've seen to fulfilling Roddenberry's vision for the future, and the greatest cinematic achievement Star Trek has ever produced. First off, the bridge is no longer a boy's club, where women are relegated to being eye candy and answering phones. They are strong, have differing opinions, and are willing to take REAL ACTION. The fact that an Asian woman and a STRONG BLACK WOMAN are in positions of power attests to the progress that humans have made in the future. They aren't anyone's bitch, even each others. The aliens represent real world political issues, like the alien Saru, who shows that even members of a former slave race can become strong members of society, and move beyond being prey for dominant powers. The Klingons are no longer thinly veiled "others' and represent a real faction of American society that is too afraid of change to move beyond their archaic traditions. The visuals were gorgeous. The lighting was moody and added a dynamic and tense atmosphere that highlighted the show's central tensions, as well as mirroring the blackness of space. Not like the garish colors and overly bright sets of prior Trek shows like TOS and TNG that looked like they were filmed in an open field with the midday sun shining directly overhead. The experimental angles helped contrast the detailed sets and futuristic tech with the primitive and current tensions between the crew of the USS Shenzhou. And FINALLY, we have sci-fi tech that ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE SCI-FI TECH and not some cheesy wooden props that look like repainted furniture someone found at a flea market. Trek has finally entered the realm of true art, and no amount of racist, reactionary vitriol can change the great accomplishments we've already seen from this show.

Please ignore this autist's pasta and don't derail the thread.

that's not how you spell The Last Ship

This but unironically

Are YOU 'fucking retarded' you spaz? You really think enough fans will subscribe? Did you?

You didn't answer the question. If " CBS purposely sabotaged it" then why?

gets mad her friend dies, fucks up and starts a war

Is it actually any good? Looks like SJW pandering nonsense from the promo pics.

Pretty sure the Klingons started the war

>Looks like SJW pandering nonsense

You already made up you'll made. You'll hate it. Don't watch the show and don't come in threads about the show and everyone will be happier.

>You already made up you'll made

*your mind

Why is the military tribunal sitting in shadow? It's like they're just throwing disparate scifi tropes at the wall. There's no sense of real Star Trek in it.

I like that the Klingons have racism and classism and social complexity that has nothing to do with humans or the Federation. Usually alien races are shown as homogenous, kind of reminds me of the way alien planets have only one environment. A real alien race would be as complex as humans.

>Why doesnt it look like it did in 1987 wahhhh

Huh? What did it look like in 1987? I'm just pointing out that it's tonally strange. It's what you'd expect from a scifi about some sort of dystopia, not Trek.

>STD
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

>You already made up you'll made

>sees one black woman and one Asian woman in screenshots

FUCKING SJW SHIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Why do they have four nostrils?

Star Trek has always been "progressive SJW shit" bruh

>STD

thoughts on this perky titted space DJ?

that's a cute boy

/ourguy/

>Spock/Data
>doesn't know what a food chain is
>gives a monotonous backstory to people he's worked with 7 years
He's a literal retard.

>My one purpose, to sense death
Is there any more background to his race yet or have they existed before? Intriguing, a little mysterious. They were raised like fish, or bred or whatever for that one thing?

>>gives a monotonous backstory
Take your ritalin next time or have a fidget spinner handy, it took like 10 seconds.

That's a really weird thing to breed for in a livestock species.

I'd give that boy an STD if you know what I meme

>it took like ten seconds
You're missing the point. I'm glad you know what fidget spionners are though. You must be super hip.

garak dident give a fuck this guy is a pussy

he was making the point that his race was the bitch species of his planet and not the apex predator like everyone else on board.

This show is terrible.
I'm so sick of all the pandering and hamfisted virtue-signalling garbage and we're only two episodes in.
>Implying albino sub-breeds can have honour
>Houseless P'tagh gets to be Torchbearer because "muh faith"
This disgusting Tah'qeq would never have honorably defended his captain from Starfleet boarders in real life. He would have been cowering as full-pedigreed Klingons gave their lives in glorious combat.
>B-but this is just the same as having augment-corrupted klingons in the 1960s. Muh "representation"
At least they had noble fucking houses! It wasn't all 'oh, I'm Kang son of fucking nobody and I'm more honorable than anyone'. This forced "diversity" has gone too far. Why can't we have throroughbred, fullblood KLINGONS be heroic for once?
The Khitomer Accords were a mistake.

His entire species was apparently poorly thought out.
>we're prey, and we eat plants
>but there's no food chain

>we don't live in the wild
>yet we can sense death

>we were bred as cattle
>yet I'm somehow genius level intelligence

Just amateur hour.

Then he should have said that, not "my planet has no food chain." There's no defense for the lack of awareness of literal grade-school biology.

They just wanted some cool, edgy dialogue said to hell with any sort of internal consistency.

point was to build up the white guy as the primary antagonist tho

>implying degenerate albino klingon can be fearsome antagonist

t. albino Targ-fucker, son of nobody

star trek has always been shit.

The idea of alien civilization giving up their independence to some central government dominated by (((humans))) is literally a fantasy of (((globalists))).

>dominated by humans

The federation is not ruled by humans, all member species have the same status. Fuck off Sup Forums

What about DS9?

>"same" status

lmao

I just want one trek show where the federation is competent and rational and the most able people naturally reach its highest ranks and not all admirals are corrupt retards

Incompetence makes for better stories.

>tfw no Starfleet Academy series

The Federation was founded in San Francisco

Starfleet is literally headquarters in New York

pretty sure the (((humans))) dominate this shit

>20 minutes in
>Literal fucking Klingon FUNERAL
>close tab
>turn off computer
>go to bed and lose the last bit of hope I had for a new good Star Trek

It's a rule of all ship-based sci fi that admirals are always trouble
doesn't matter if it's star trek, battlestar or anything else, it's just how these things work

Sisko was awesome, not an annoying woman who is a bitch to everyone and thinks she knows everything. i dont care the colour, gender, or whatever of the character, it sucks.

Literally only reasonable authority figure in entire franchise

STD is fitting and has a good flow. Discovery isn't as immediately recognizable as its own this as voyager or enterprise

std is shite and light years behind the Orville in entertainment value

What about Legend of the Galactic Heroes?

I bet you think everyone at the UN has equal status too right? Fucking retard

I understand the forced drama, but why can't they try it differently for once? It's the future, billions and billions of people, why cant one fucking time someone or even dozens of people with extreme competence like Picard want to actually be in charge of stuff and make good decisions? Why always assume everything is made of mediocre, corrupt, idiots? Pic related exist TODAY, imagine when the population is 100x the current

STD ....this show gave me aids ....
hahahahakekekekekek

>literally thinks The Federation is comparable to the UN

>central government dominated by (((humans)))

The Federation president is almost never portrayed as a human. Please leave.

>Starfleet is literally headquarters in New York
Confirmed for not knowing anything. Opinion discarded.