How in fuck do people stand the level of cringe and depression of this show?

How in fuck do people stand the level of cringe and depression of this show?
I can barely make it through a single episode.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ro1ROeKbZhM
youtube.com/watch?v=j4lTazX3asg
youtube.com/watch?v=JezUyfPAIIE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>end of episode
>there's no way a human being can sink any further
>watch next episode
>I was wrong, seems like they can
>you end up bingewatching the whole thing again

That's the whole point, it grows on you after the first few watch throughs.

And then I go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like I like you.

fuck fuck fucking fuck

>How in fuck do people stand the level of cringe and depression in this life?
That's how, it's relatable.

>i'm not a racist, far from it

What did he mean by this?

it gets really annoying after a while
I dropped it after season 4

I love Peep Show, but I actually can't watch it alone. If I do, I have to pause it every 90 seconds and pace nervously around the room.

the USA is the only part of the anglosphere this show might not apply to

>the USA is the only part of the anglosphere this show might not apply to

'to which it might not apply' mate, *tips bowler*

relatable

Are you British?

>Mark's sensual recounting of Stalingrad
I knew from the first episode that it was going to be a struggle for me.

Reminder that Big Suze is of House Windsor.

This show made me want to kill everybody.

>Reminder that Big Suze is of House Windsor.
American here can anyone translate?

"Jeremy threatened me with a knife"

Because the levels of cringe and depression in my own life out do the show everyday. If anything, the show is a break from that

most people don't relate to it as deeply as you do and view it only as a caricature of how losers live

She's a distant cousin of the Queen by marriage.

"Or I'm a very hard to detect paedo

JEFF?!

Jeff’s doing a joke

Come on, look at her arse. Is that the best arse you're ever going to get? Do you stick on that arse? Come on, admit it. She's got a fat arse.

;_;

I can marathon seasons without it bothering me. Stay casual, normalfags.

fucking smug faced titty monster.

Most people are normies and don't suffer from depression or anxiety so they just watch the show as a funny show about 2 fucking losers having their lives ruined by social anxiety disorder.
For those of us that are fucking losers who have had their lives ruined by social anxiety disorder, the show hits faaaaar too close to home.

It's Sophie and Barabra from personal. She hands her the heart of holliday pay but inside the heart is just race hate.

>tfw the older you get the more you become Mark

I dropped it after watching 6 episodes, it stopped being a form of escapism.

you lose track of the object of the sentence if phrased as you suggested.

i'm gonna run to londis

Way better than my real life Tbh

Is she a kike?

srs

As I thought.

Unironically, is it bad that I find it intensely relatable?

Means you're a normalfag redditor, so yes.

Honestly one of the best series finales ever.
The whole show is how these two broken people refuse to fix themselves, and you see it become a bigger and bigger problem as they get older.

In the final series you see them get as close to happiness as they possible could, and finally begin living outside of their co-dependant lifestyles... and it ends like it always does. They fuck it up for themselves and are in the same position they always were. Any other show would have them move on with a heartfelt goodbye or something.

>Mark, will you wank me off?
>I'm not going to wank you off Jeremy, and if you really think about it, you wouldn't want me to either.

>t. Burgerclap

thats from when she was pregnant dude

why didnt he press 1

becomes a bit too formulaic if you watch it all in a short time period

the initial "cringe" bit goes away a lot after the first viewing, I don't even recall how many times I've watched the show and it honestly gets much more comfy each time I've viewed it.

I wonder how much self-confidence affects peoples ability to watch awkward comedy, Like I just feel the immediate need to pause at uncomfortable scenes possibly because I can't imagine myself being able to survive the situation and laugh at myself.

her sister is claudia winkleman as well

>Cindy Black
>(Not a Jew)

don't believe this

what's the funniest line, moment, or scene

who's the best girl

who's the worst

I'm pretty much him but worse. At least he has friends and knows women. He even has sex sometimes.

can we really not? I'm sick of you kids quoting every fucking show on here rather than just discussing it

the line was already written ages ago, it doesn't need to be repeated

Fuck this show. There's no comedy when you're so uncomfortable you're starting to sweat and shake.

I love how it starts too, with Mark punching Jeremy and in episode one he's too scared to hit him and Jeremy makes fun of him for it that final shot not being POV also was a nice touch

>did you really need to eat it?

yes at the time i really did think I needed to eat it.

>that slight tension when they discussed how they would kill each other

youtube.com/watch?v=Ro1ROeKbZhM

The only thing associated with this show that makes me laugh is how easily you fucking idiots fall for the whole "Melancholically Comedic Dead-End Existence of Socially Marginalized Losers" con?
Doesn't it kind of bother you that the people who push this con are invariably THE VERY OPPOSITE of socially-marginalized losers - i.e. Masters of the fucking Universe for whom wealth and fame and rich and fulfilled existences were guaranteed since long before they were born - and that, consequently, their comedy cannot possibly have the depth that only lived experience brings.
Like EVERY SINGLE BRITISH COMEDIAN WITHOUT EXCEPTION Mitchell and Webb are privately-educated Oxbridge graduates who selected - from among the 57 different ways of a seven-figure annual income that they were given the choice of in their last year at Cambridge - the one that involved pretending to be about fifty times poorer, sadder, weaker and less manically, ruthlessly goal-oriented than they had actually been trained all their lives to be.
I suppose you can almost be forgiven for falling for it if you are a Yank. But for a British person with even a residue of heart or brain there has, surely, to be something viscerally disgusting about seeing a bunch of millionaires and sons and daughters of millionaires - "Big Suze", actual fucking ROYALTY, for Christ's sake - self-satisfiedly playing as plebs and paupers struggling to scrape together this month's rent. The "Croydon" meme, I'd be willing to bet, is just that and absolutely nothing more than that to them. They read in a Guardian weekend supplement that Croydon is where sad plebeian losers live and made up a cute little story about how they would be if they were sad plebeian losers and lived there too. Their ACTUAL lives in Primrose Hill and Islington wouldn't be "edgy" enough comic material.

Has anyone seen Back?

not as good as peep show but its quality.

God damn it good call user, I'm one of them

Time to an hero

woah... wait a minute
are you saying the shows actors aren't literally the same as the characters???

>tfw you are the worst characteristics of Jeremy and Mark put together

>No Jez, if you drank my piss I'd feel violated

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WHY HAVEN'T YOU PEPPER-SPRAYED HIM?

Why was she called 'big' suze?

>what is acting, what is fiction

wow you sound like you're fun at a party. Almost everyone on TV is a privileged cunt why make a big deal about it?

Didn't know it was out yet.
Saw the trailer and it didn't really excite me. Is it funny at least?

She liked big cocks (9+ inches)

Can we all agree that Mark fucked up his life by ending this friendship?
He would've been much happier if he stayed buds with this guy.

Mitchell and Webb really aren't funny outside of Peep Show

thats why its so funny. because of the cringe

it might be a little too close to home for you

>that part afterwards when Jez gets worked up when Mark says 'paki shop'
Literally what is wrong with saying paki? It's just a short version of pakistani

"That Mitchell & Webb Look" is pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=j4lTazX3asg
Bit too real at times tough...

>(Maybe it'll be better if I imagine it's Stu. Yeah, just imagine it's lovely Stu.)

obviously
probably one of the best characters written for television, very dynamic.

youtube.com/watch?v=JezUyfPAIIE

>buys condoms for his rival so he can fuck his love interest

David is good on WILTY.

t. never seen any of their work other than peep show

In liberal circles, saying something racist is equal to lynching and slave-owning.
Needless to say, the British are quite liberal.

>you could have your cock in her, but you still wouldn't have the balls to fuck
Jeff was a fucking alpha male.

that was really the only good bit from 'Look

that one cunt posting on about privilege or something is right when referring to their other stuff. They just come off as Oxbridge type twats

Because it's used generically to refer to all Middle Easterners without knowing their actual ethnicity

>Literally what is wrong with saying paki?
You know whats wrong lad

I actually grew up around pakis and they called each other paki all the time and so did I.
I guess it's like saying the n-word.

Well she did go for the alpha male Johnson

>you will never have a fucked up slutty neighbour like Toni
>how thick is wall?

As an American where can I watch this show? Can't find it anywhere and the only dvds for sale are region 2.

it's an adult version of peep show. so funny but not AS funny.

wish the show had started like two or three years earlier, the early-2000s vibe in the show was the best

>£1000 a week to wank off a guy and do errands
>doesn't want to do it anymore
>turns gay eventually anyway
BRAVO JEZ

For people posting on a board devoted to art of a sort, you seem to be pretty clueless about how art works.
You just cling dumbly to a dogma that runs "the artist creates his own world ex nihilo and the person he actually is is of absolutely no relevance to the world he creates."
Bullshit. Anyone with any experience of actual art knows that lived experience has to be the primary, almost the exclusive source of any art worth its salt. So it should also be pretty easy to see that, if the personnel of British comedy is recruited - as it pretty much has been since the days of Monty Python and Peter Cook and Dudley Moore - from the Cambridge Footlights, then it will have - given the savagely hierarchized and compartmentalized nature of UK society - a deplorably narrow range and shallow pool of experience to draw on.

British comedy has broken out of the Oxbridge ghetto a couple of times in the past 50 years. The "Young Ones" generation were mostly "redbrick"-educated; Gervais and Merchant and the "Office" people likewise; and Chris Morris - the one true British comic genius of the last twenty years - is a toff, sure, but an Oxbridge reject who ended up at Bristol.
I really do believe that it's for reason as concrete as THAT that Gervais/Merchant and Morris have been able to hit notes of despair and desperation that Mitchell and Webb will never hit.

it's on Youtube with pretty high quality or just torrent you fucking smeez

Sophie was actually hot in the early seasons.
Also
>that episode mark goes jogging with big suze
>that shot of her ass
muhh dick

in my experience if you find a cringe humour show so cringey that you can't watch it, stop watching it, you're ruining the show for yourself. eventually you'll find things that would have otherwise made you cringe funny, then you should watch the show

There's that interview with Robert Webb recently which is pretty fucking real and he's kinda fucked up with an alcoholic dad and dead mother
He released a book recently about it all and he should have a farmer accent but he admits he's just weird and hated his accent and started talking differently because he's odd

It was better when they filmed in the actual flat. Later seasons they built a replica version and it always felt off for me because they could manipulate the lighting

Nice copypasta