Does anybody else wish that Harry became a partner and Joan fucked off from the agency sooner instead of pretending...

Does anybody else wish that Harry became a partner and Joan fucked off from the agency sooner instead of pretending that she's important just because she was a whore?

I mean honestly, if she didn't sleep with Roger then she probably wouldn't have had so much job security, and if she hadn't slept with that Jaguar guy then she's still be working away at a shitty office thinking she can dictate what people can and can't do.

Fuck Joan, she's the worst character in the series.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0bZALfLO4RY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Joan is a strong independant woman who do not need roger as a father and has a deep realtionship with another millionaire daddy

>I mean honestly, if she didn't sleep with Roger then she probably wouldn't have had so much job security
Except she was extremely good at her job and she only fucked up one or twice in the entire series.

It doesnt matter if she was a whore, she was good at her job and did something no one else in the cast could do: organize the fucking office.

She doesnt have value as partner, she did got them a car when they really needed on and that doesn has a value, nobody there trusted Harry, the guy was terrible at everything, he was a more insecure Pete, even though he had grat idea, he was just a terrible choice for a partnet.
I really wish /r9k/ posters would just commit suicide. Instead of a good mad man thread you post this shit, instead of a fun betty hate thread you post this shit.

S1 Joan is a lame character, but afterward Joan is one of the best on the show.

But when she fucked with Don at the end, that pissed me off.

Harry should've been a partner. His shitty character aside he was the one with the foresight to get into television ads.

Harry sucked. Sup Forums is a /Pete/ board.

>Joan

not even hot. Just some chunky titcow.

Woah woah, cool it with the misogynistic attitude

Joan was great at her job, though, as admitted by various people (Roger, Lane, Don, etc). There's a reason they brought her when they all quit and started a new agency. They also brought Harry because they really needed that TV money.

Harry mostly lucked out into his position. He got a good thing out of it but didn't deserve more than that. Neither did Joan deserve the partnership for that matter

For me it's Kenneth. He's so dreamy.

Harry was definitely more important toward the company's future than anyone else at the office. Jim Cutler was smart for putting Harry and technology at the forefront of the agency.

wasn't harry the dumbass who brought in the computer?

>she did got them a car when they really needed

The only reason that she was the one that got them the car was because of that one fat greedy fuck who wanted to fuck a whore with big tits. And let's not fucking forget what Don has done for Joan, and she just fucks him over by siding with all the other partners and puts him on leave from the agency.

Lane did a fine job of organizing the office, he just fucked up once and his life spiraled to suicide. But he did more the both Sterling Cooper and SCDP than Joan ever could.

Pete was a little cunt in the early seasons, but he improved greatly and really quickly. Joan stayed shit the entire time.

At least Harry found the opportunity to get himself promoted and took it, and then continued to excel at his job. Joan didn't even get herself the partnership, it was offered to her by Lane.

Ken is definitely among the better characters too, I'm glad that he came out on top in the end in spite of getting fucked over so many times.

DID YOU KNOW WE WERE IN THE PRESENCE OF A BONAFIDE RACIST???

>he was the one with the foresight to get into television ads.

how did this even make sense? TV advertising had been around for like 20 years when the series began.

Lane handled the finances and was a managing partner, that's not the same thing as an office manager.

She was a fucking office manager who whored herself out. Let's be real.

Sterling Cooper was old fashioned as fuck

Fine, but don't tell me Harry was some kind of visionary.

>Neither did Joan deserve the partnership for that matter

Considering how she was basically the reason the office kept running the day to day shit smooth as sailing, while everyone from the partners were usually just enjoying the comforts of the job without contributing much, or were getting caught up with their own personal life drama or dick measuring contests, that's wrong. If she had been a man, they would've considered Joan a crucial part of the agency, but because she was a woman they took her for granted.

t. Sal

Well let's not forget what that one freelancer copy writer said: "there's a Joan at every agency."

Not every company has a Don Draper or Peggy Olsen. Joan was nothing special.

Nigga an office manager is a little above a secretary. Not a fucking partner.

I'm guessing you're probably a shill though.

But it wasn't looked as prestigious and lucrative work because early on TVs were a luxury, and seen as a rotting influence until they became something you found in every home. Sterling and Cooper got into it very late into the game.

They made her a partner for a reason, did you even watch the show?

Peggy is nothing special either. Biz Dev and the ability to sell the client on the creative is all that matters. Everyone else is disposable.

I think the cat was out of the bag by 1960.

Yeah cause she fucked the jaguar man. If Herb had wanted to fuck Peggy instead she'd have been the one offered the partnership

Yeah because she prostituted herself out to a guy who owned some car dealerships. Please.

Yes, but their start up agency wouldn't have survived if someone as competent as Joan hadn't been there since day one to make sure everything of the daily grind side of operations ran smoothly, so that the big wigs could focus on getting new clients and keeping the old ones happy.

that's how the real world works, you get paid what you can command, not what your worth.

the partners decided a partnership was worth the jaguar account so her demands were met.

And look at this fucking shit.

The whore who didn't earn her partnership is coming in AFTER 12PM because she was out partying and fucking the night before. Sure, Don and Roger might do the same sometimes but they are the face of the agency. If the agency didn't have Don or Roger then it wouldn't be as successful as it is.

post yfw pete won in the end

I mean, maybe. But I doubt it. Those tits would be knocking about her knees in 5 years. Not really partnership material.

>Pete

Don't you mean Ken?

Her eally did. Based Pete.

There's no maybe about it, she knew she had the opportunity to get what she wants so she took it, that's exactly how people get successful, even if they fuck their way to the top.

Yeah and turned everyone gay.

>not even hot
>describes perfect woman

What did he mean by this?

>you never lost my love
>...I love you too

It was really nice to see him redeemed.

I'm saying it's unrealistic. I don't think in real life anyone would capitulate. Prostitutes are cheap and disposable. Whatever leverage she had could have been circumvented.

Her girdle should have won an Emmy.

Herb didn't want a prostitute, he was a megalomaniac so he could only be satisfied if he knew he was taking something that wasn't for sale, which went on to inspire their campaign. (Something beautiful that you can truly own)

The writing worked, and that short arc had more development than Crane got in the entire series.

>there's a Joan at every agency."

That's the fucking how can't you oint you dumbass,the every agency needs one. Seriously /r9k/ go fuck yourself.

And for the record that "freelancer"had mommy issues.

Herb was a local point-person retail semi-pleb. Wouldn't have been hard going over his head.

Think about it, in today's terms, it would be like basically paying a prostitute 7 figures.

There's a difference between "There's a Don Draper at every agency" and "There's a Joan at every agency".

Obviously, every advertising agency needs a creative director but not all of them have one as good as Don, but in this context every agency has an office manager. The freelancer is saying that Joan is playing herself up to be more important than she really is.

>That's the fucking how can't you oint you dumbass
Are you drunk, high, or phoneposting?

Yeah. IRL Joans are admin assistants, not partners.

Feminist power fantasy.

>That's the fucking how can't you oint you dumbass,the every agency needs one.

What in the fuck am I reading?

>That's the fucking how can't you oint you dumbass,the every agency needs one.

what?

you're missing the point, Joan is not a prostitute, they were not on a mission to get herb laid, if so they could call a prostitute.

herb would only sign off on the work if Joan fucked him, only Joan and nobody else, which gave her leverage in the negotiation. She used her leverage correctly, asking or a partnership instead of a bonus, and the only two choices left to the partners was to acquiesce or give up on Jaguar. There is no scenario in which the partners could have simply hired a prostitute, or else they would have done that.

Pete sucked. Sup Forums is a /sal/ board.

That homo? Yeah, no.

But fuck Herb.

The partners aren't fucking stupid. They wouldn't let some office manager twist their arms behind their backs for 5% of the company. It's completely insane.

They'd just go over Herb's head.

Pete is /ourguy/

youtube.com/watch?v=0bZALfLO4RY

Pete CampBALLS was a KEK.

He was the head of the dealership association in the country, and they were working on a domestic ad campaign, there was nobody over Herb's head

KINO as fuck

>mfw THE KING ORDERED IT

Funniest scene in the entire show

Please. Don eventually told him to fuck off didn't he?

What was his problem?

Kek. He's not even corporate. He's retail. Please.

Homo

he does, and they lose Jaguar for it

However their work on Jaguar earned them a seat at a table with Chevrolet, and the firm was nearly insolvent so Joan saved the firm

Yeah, what the fuck was up with Bob? What did he want?

both wrong
Sup Forums is, in fact, a /Ginsberg/ board

>Ginsberg
he went out in the worst, bizarre possible way
I will say it was hilarious though

Uh, no. Don and Ted saved the firm by merging SCDP and CGC.

Ginsberg is Reddit

he was the head of retail, and jaguar had no American corporate entity, herb sold 100% of the cars which SCDP advertised.

>What did he want?
Pete's cock
t. redditor

Right, they decided to merge the firm just prior to their meeting with Chevrolet, which only happened because Joan fucked Herb.

What the fuck was his problem? What exactly was he supposed to be suffering from?

terminal aspergers

Virginitis

Oh fuck right off, now you're really stretching it. I guess we can blame the hooker with the chewing gum for causing SCDP to lose Jaguar the first time around then, huh?

>tfw we will never get an SC&P Los Angeles branch spin-off

No, that was 90% Don and 10% Roger's fault, but Don is a serial self-saboteur so that's no surprise

>The freelancer is saying that Joan is playing herself up to be more important than she really is.

Which was also half correct, and ignores her importance in the beginning. Without her helping them during the weekend to steal clients and organize the move, shit everyone was entirely clueless about, the agency wouldn't even have necessarily existed. She was essential in the beginning and while they were grateful, they soon simply started to take her contributions for granted, partly because she was a woman.

You shouldn't be on \tv\ if our don't get Ginsberg

Haven't watched that in a while, but wasn't he saying "there's always an uptight person who thinks they can boss everybody around"? It wasn't a comment on her competence

Judaism

Wow she helped organize a move. Indispensable.

Fuck off shill.

The freelancer hated women and his own mom, he hated his mom because she had big tits, not even kidding

Why did she turn into such a bitch after the divorce? They seemed to be on amiable terms during their final phone call in 7A

Ummm user, you shouldn't be non-institutionalized if you do 'get' Ginsberg.

stop posting my wife.