First female mummy - no wonder this flops

Why they have to push SJW propaganda everywhere? Femmebusters, now this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/j9f1zkmyAdk?list=PL40452513EAEDC4C6&t=145
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the movie was bad not because of that

Everyone else just hides these dumb fake news threads right?

If so, she's the only reason to watch that movie.

Definitely, more than anything else her performance saved the movie, as much as it could be saved anyway.

So is this even worth watching? Just for her?

I wouldn't consider this SJW propoganda. Female mummies exist, and it's just a logical and understandable way to change things up after having so many movies preceding it with male mummies.

The movie is still bad though.

She isn't first female mummy. There was one in 1971 "Blood from Mummy's Tomb" but people do not remember it. Also in original mummy novel, by Bram Stoker (yes, Dracula guy) mummy was female - queen Tera.
Movie isn't great but not that bad either. Also it is one hell of fetish feed. You got:
>mummification sensory deprivation long term encasement
>heavy bondage gear strappado
>barefoot
>licking, kissing and tickling
>undead necro domme sucking men dry
All of this is obviously sexual content, but movie does it in wicked way, under PG-13.
Watch if you want, but don't expect much.

>Why they have to push SJW propaganda everywhere
>MummyQT literally spent the whole movie chasing after her savior to turn him into a mummyhubby to rule alongside
>sjw
lol no

Her only mistake was not having as great a soundtrack as Imhotep blare every time she came on screen
youtu.be/j9f1zkmyAdk?list=PL40452513EAEDC4C6&t=145

the movie also needed more scarabs crawling disgustingly under skin

face it drumpfkins, women can lead a film

I'm so angry they didn't keep her and be super tsundre to Cruise in the universe

>Cruise goes off and tries to find all the other monsters
>starts getting his ass beat by lesser monsters
>out of nowhere she shows up and saves him easily
>touches his face where he got cut, heals it, looks at him in the eyes, remembers she's a tsundre, slaps him then walks off disappearing
>Cruise is just there confused

>Also it is one hell of fetish feed. You got:
>>mummification sensory deprivation long term encasement
>>heavy bondage gear strappado
>>barefoot
>>licking, kissing and tickling
>>undead necro domme sucking men dry
>All of this is obviously sexual content, but movie does it in wicked way, under PG-13.
>Watch if you want, but don't expect much.
Holy fuck? Are You serious? How this made through censorship?

That's good question. Probably power of Tom Cruise. I'm not even mad.

OP here, 1 hour into movie. I feel stupid for pre-judging, like it so far.

>flops
$100m dollar profit.
Largest intl. returns on any Tom Cruise film.
Sequals already in pre-production.
What constitutes a 'flop' can be pretty confusing sometimes.

>it's an 'OP makes a thread complaining about the SJW menace runiing a movie before he's seen the movie' thread
Good. You should feel stupid.

Post more of this shit

And there's been 3 other adaptations.

There's also The Cat Creature from 1973.
Not counting probably dozens of other tv and /co examples.

Finished. Never been so wrong about movie.

The story is totally new, not extaclt remake of old one. Nice they actually made something fresh.
Female mummy was out-fucking-standing, and these double eyes and tattooos were 10/10.
Actress was great. Shes some kind of southern or so? Anyway perfectly cassting.
Loved begining, how they show ISIS destroying ruins of ancient civilizations. This was so accurate.
Plane crash scene was also great. Looked so realistic.
The way how mummy kills was pretty intresting. Kiss of death.
Blonde girl was meeh and didn't care. They could leave her dead. Zombie joking friend sucked too. Why there was Dr Jekyll and Hyde?
Cool ending with open gate for continuation.
7/10 from me.

Ye, I do. Kill me, or better mummify me alive, so I will never pre-judge anything.

DAMN the mummy looks like THAT?

waaah. youre so hard done by.

be a man. grow some balls. stop whining like a faggot. TIME YOU ENLISTED PUSSY!

Yes, at very ending. They made her start from bandaged skeleton, and as movie progress, she slowly regenerates herself in a very intresting way. Don't wanna spoil. She is half rotten, then more human and so on. You must see.
This was very cool I have to say.

That's movie made for TV, right? Worth watching?

But it's not the first female mummy

She has such a fat ass.

catpcha: quick slow

She was hot as fuck though. What the fuck was cruises problem? Why didn't he slay that dusty mummy vagine?

If You go this way, Ankhesenamon in 1932 would be even earlier, but she was side character anyway, so was one in Brendan movies.

The funny thing with these mummy movies, is they use actual names but in wrong contest.

Imhotep was cool guy, doctor and architect, but duoe to these shitty movies 90% people You ask think of 'evil mummy guy'.
If I was real Imhotep, I would totoally resurrect and show them how fucking wrong they are.

Ankhesenamon was actual queen and lived hundreds years after Imhotep.

Why they couldn't use fictional names? They done it later with Kharis (40s-60s movies) and now for Ahmanet.

>7/10 from me.
Your assessment of the movie is very fair.
Hit a lot of good beats and clipped along at a nice pace. The mummy herself is brilliant, both design and acting (plus she's a top-tier nightmare waifu)
>Blonde girl, Zombie joking friend, Jekyll and Hyde
These were the big problems, alright. Zero chemistry between the two (non-mummy) leads. The stupid dead friend subplot did nothing and went nowhere. And Jekyll and Hyde was there to set up a whole franchize of sequels with Universal's classic monster-movie IPs. Next up, Bride of Frankenstein, apparently. Still did a better job of setting up the universe without getting bogged down and bloated. The DCU disease.
> I will never pre-judge anything.
Good for you. Genuinely. And good for you for admitting when you're wrong. Sup Forums is overrun with brainlet snowflakes who lose their shit when they see a woman on a movie poster, and love being an offended victim. You're better than that.

I know a lot of feminists and they actually get angry about plots where a woman is depicted as the villain.

Just for her

Dude shut the fuck up, I swear this movie was entertaining as fuck.

If your constantly looking for Kubric or Polanski tier youre a stuck up chode

Ye I said here that I was wrong, totally admiting. I was dumb sheep following masses, really liked movie. Never expected something Kubric/Polansky level, just still remember Ghostbusters remake, which was highly praised/pushed. This mummy movie indeed was solid fun flick, and can't really understand how this was so railed, when it is no worse than any other summer blockbuster. Actually liked this more than rest, as it had bit darker tone.

Ah so they want something like Marvel? Dr Jekyll and Hyde seemed similar to Nick Fury.
My pre-judge was incorrect and based on flood of recent remakes, with just changed genders or colors.
Honestly, expected something like old Indiana Jones movie, but just with female mummy coz of fuck reasons, but gender swap here got actual reason. Male would be probably pharaoh anyway, so wouldn't need to kill family. Princess made way more sense for story.
Actress was very intresting. I think I've never seen her in movies before or maybe just don't remember. She seems very exotic, and had hypnotizing movement. Scene where she is tied and crawls up the chain was... creepy.

Yes. She was hot as fuck. Definitely hottest female character of the year, even tho she was cold reanimated corpse.

Yes, more or less they are planning something like that.

>be immortal demon/monster/god
>cought and knocked unconscious
>wrapped up
>put into small coffin
>fear fills your eyes, as slowly closing lid is your very last sight
>locked in heavy sarcophagus
>buried far far away where no one was supposed to find you
>your immortality is your curse as you spend ages in tight box, surrounded by darkness and silence. After a longer while your limbs go numb, as you got pretty much no space to move them. All you can do is struggle in agony as your body is rotting and drying out. Your spirit and mind is fully aware that there are almost no chances for someone to find and get You free.

>Actress was very intresting. I think I've never seen her in movies before or maybe just don't remember. She seems very exotic, and had hypnotizing movement. Scene where she is tied and crawls up the chain was... creepy.
She's in Kingsman 1 as the girl with the augmented legs and Star Trek Beyond as the white alien girl.

be honets guys would you let her become your mummyfu or go with the blonde bimbo like tom foolishly did

Moderately so. Been a while since I've seen it but it's probably one of the better quality ones of the period.

>Arguing against Pharaoh qts.

I wouldn't be able to refuse her. My will isn't strong enough, she was way too seductive.
>yfw when a shitty blockbuster got your ultimate long-lasting fantasy
a night (or eternity in this case) with Egyptian princess, with all that makeup and and jewelry and gold and wigs and whole that Egyptian fashion. Not even talking about sex, just lying there and staring into each other eyes...

What a question, I would in no time. Wouldn't mind just becoming her slave. Maybe if I'm lucky, she would allow me to touch her or even clean her feet of sand at the end of day.
Seriously, seen many hot females in movies of last decade, but she tops them all. The strangest thing is, she isn't even that pretty. She got strange face, not so feminine shoulders and rather small breasts, yet I find her incredibly hot, incomparable to any other actress in last few years.

I've been on the fence about stating this but I'll try it now. For her.

Honestly I would go with her. She is just so beautiful andas one user said, I dont even wanna just fuck her brains out like i do with most women. I wanna go to the sarcophagus with her at night, wrap up and cuddle in her mummy sheets and wake up to syphon the souls of the living to fuel our immoprtal lives. Shes just so comfy bros

>contrarians pretend The Mummy was not shit

Remember when Sup Forums use to be good? Sigh, I miss those days...

go shitpost about the prefquels faggot. this is a mummyfu thread

Don't be harsh, he got his rights to share opinion.
The thing is, movie is shitty but got some great moments.
Zero-G plane crash is 10/10 for example.
Mummy design is clever and fresh take. Double eyes and how they show her from bandaged skeleton, slowly regenerating herself, this was never really done in mummy movies.

But humour and few unnnecessary shits are indeed bad, can't deny.
Also movie tried too much for it's short runtime. There is way too many things and it fails to keep tone.

cute A CUTE!

giv mummy gf

based giv poster

halloween soon, look for them
>what did she mean with banana top bitten off?

there really wasnt anything SJW about this movie, the SJW's even attacked this movie because they said the mummy girl wasnt African which was ironic because she was

there were even more SJW complains, so far found these:
>all white lead
>no diversity, the only black character does nothing and dies quickly
>movie portrays female as antagonist
>she needs to do sexual act to summon demon
>makes feamale lead nothing more than eyecandy who needs to wear glasses to become smartass,
>ending scene, where Ahmanet is killed in sexual rape-like violent way. Not like she didn't do same to her victims.

Movie was literally anti-SJW

is that a trans?

100% female

this movie was fun but it had so much bad publicity
>female mummy villain after the ghostbuster movie
>reboot/remake of a movie
>1st movie to be part of the monster universe
>the trailers

go back and watch it without that in your head, its good capeshit

totally this. Also, 90% complainers havent seen any other mummy movie than Brendan adventure comedy.

I liked Hyde.

he was portrayed very good. no hulk-like creature.

got more? never seen this webm and checking almost every mummy thread

Got one where she licks his face?

I didn't like her design. I would have preferred her in some elaborate and elegant Egyptian priestess dress, rather than rags.

>first female mummy
>not even a negress

why

>i didnt want the mummy to be dressed as the mummy
really makes you think

>This whole thread.

It flopped because the story was shit. They could have made this amazing trilogy where cruise became the bad guy (or at least died, host being consumed) and challenged cinema with a story that has a bad ending but nope. Now it's gonna be m-muh brooding feelings and m-muh corruption.

That's the not the first female mummy either stupid Brendanposter.

She was wearing princess robes. Getting undressed and preparing to stab her lover with ritual dagger. Then they caught her, knocked unconscious and tied in bandages. She was placed in tight coffin, then locked in heavy sarcophagus and buried alive far far away. Thousands years later, when she gets finally free she had to be still in bandages. How would change dress, if she couldn't even bend legs in that coffin?
Read this as it perfectly describes her fate.

She was low on potassium of course.

>How would change dress, if she couldn't even bend legs in that coffin?
Magic

>Sofia Boutella
>trans

motherfucker, did you see Atomic Blonde? She's all woman.

They filled pit with mercury, which was told to weaken evil powers. Her magic was powerless then. She was just as every other human, just with her immortality left, to suffer for ages.

How exactly can they make a good mummy movie without giving it superpowers? Because I'm a little tired of mummies with superpowers.

Can't disagree.

>that file name
>that green text
I unironically came just by reading this shit. You depraved wicked fuckers, just gave me depraved wicked fetish.

a comedy like encino man but im afraid its gonna be a stoner movie with james franco and seth rogen
>oh shit i came on you

I just don't really see this world-ending priestess to be be dressed like a hobo throughout the movie. I thought at some point she'd get a change of clothes like Imhotep

hotep got to travel in trains while she was trapped in the basement

She had no time. Right after plane crash, she is weak and sucks dry anyone around. Then Nick comes to that church, and she starts chasing him. Gets caught by Prodigium and chained up. As soon as breaks free, heads to stone. She wanted to do this as quick as possible, no time to care about such mortal things as clothing.

God dammit I hate to admit it but this works on more than a few levels.

why did she have to make a deal with an evil god to kill her father instead of just killing her father?

In Egypt pharaoh was god. Only very few people could be close to him. Priests, guards and family. They would easily find killer. Sentience for killing a pharaoh is death. She needed powerful ally, to avoid this and keep throne.

They found her because she was doing some weird ass ritual to try and bring a death god (lol) into the world.

She should have just poisoned her little brother.

In extanded scene from DVD release, as soon as child is born, armed guards forcefully walk her away. I'm pissed coz this should be kept in theatrical release, it would show her situation in bit better, more understandable way

It shouldn't have taken place on London, the plane should have crashed over the dusty deserts of Sudan or some other middle eastern country like Turkey. When I watch the mummy I also watch it for adventures in 2nd and 3rd world nations with a slight resting period in the first world.

There were 2 reasons.
1. Whole idea of Dark Universe is about 'monsters among us'. Clashing our daily lifestyle with supernatural creatures. "Bridge of Frankenstein" will take place in New York, just saying.
2. Could be nice nod to 1959 "Mummy" remake, as it was talking place in England as well.

What did she say?

>"become a god and live with me forever."
>"um...yeah, OK."
>The End
This is what would've happened in real life.

I wouldn't protest either.

When will Hollywood start making movies with colour again? I bet shit like this flop because it looks grey and dull-- who the FUCK wants to see something grey and dull? It doesn't stick at all in your memories.
Meanwhile the 1999 Mummy still has "iconic" imagery and good colouring to it. This new one just looks like shit.

The contrast between colorful backslash visions and gray reality was nice here. Also like tonned down colors, specially now in colorful clusterfuck of CGI.
Church and catacombs scenes were trip to gothic horrors from 40-50s.

I'm trying not to get a boner because she looks dead... fuck it.

>no boner while watching undead Ahmanet
Mission Impossible. "Just give in"
Even alive, before committing to Set, she was hot as princess too. With that hairstyle, makeup, clothing and jewelry... exotic beauty