James Cameron stands by sexist comments

I'm fucking done.

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-cameron-defends-wonder-woman-critique-it-wasnt-anything-groundbreaking-1043162?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=Direct
youtube.com/watch?v=7LqgdNVTcRA
ew.com/tv/2017/09/27/avatar-2-first-look/?crl8_id=6545dbff-2bfe-4cb7-8c7d-326b00634e7d
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Im like literally shaking right now

Wow... Are you fucking happy AmeriKKKa?

BASED
he shown 'muh stryng womyn' long before it was cool.

>"Yes, I'll stand by that," Cameron toldTHR'sKim Masters. "I mean, she was Miss Israel, and she was wearing a kind of bustier costume that was very form-fitting. She’s absolutely drop-dead gorgeous. To me, that’s not breaking ground. They had Raquel Welch doing stuff like that in the ’60s."

>"Linda looked great," he said. "She just wasn’t treated as a sex object. There was nothing sexual about her character. It was about angst, it was about will, it was about determination. She was crazy, she was complicated. … She wasn’t there to be liked or ogled, but she was central, and the audience loved her by the end of the film. As much as I applaud Patty directing the film and Hollywood, uh, 'letting' a woman direct a major action franchise, I didn’t think there was anything groundbreaking inWonder Woman. I thought it was a good film. Period."

>It's real

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-cameron-defends-wonder-woman-critique-it-wasnt-anything-groundbreaking-1043162?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=Direct

He's FINISHED.

Who are you even satirising at this point?

I'm a DChad and I love Gal but Jim is right.

BASED

THE FUCKING MADMAN

>It was alright. Nothing spectacular
>SEXIST!
Well I think its time to an hero.

>comparing greenstein to raquel welch

Let the liberal hordes descend. They will break upon the rock of Based Jim like water.

I 'wow-just-wowed' but he still seems to stand by his Nazism. Yelling drumpf seemed to yield no results either. He kept going on about 'his opinion' or some similar hate speech. Literally shook for a week. Now it is all coming back. Trigger warning again next time OP?

Didn't even pay attention to that. Now I'm mad.

fucking based, will see avatar 2 multiple times no matter the reviews

to hate reddit is pleb tier
complete indifference is the patrician way

>she's too hot, sexualized and feminine to be a feminist hero!

Whatever, dude.

>came from the bottom
slightly gay

>James Cameron
>Jesus Christ
>checked dubs

I'm a believer bois

>As much as I applaud Patty directing the film and Hollywood, uh, 'letting' a woman direct a major action franchise

RIP in pepperoni

Cameron is 100% right. Gadot literally is just a model in a metal bikini most of the time. Compare her to Robin Wright, who actually looks the part and can act it.

Why did he have to bring up her connection to Israel? What does that have to do with anything?

I watched 'Terminator 2: Judgement Day' last night. It's a good movie. You guys should check it out if you haven't already.

Holy fucking shit that's pretty based I think I will see Avatar 2 too!

>>Supports Jenkins
>>subtle dig at hollywood sexism
>>says it is a "good film"

None of these things are controversial

Admit it, Sup Forums, if his name wasn't James Cameron you'd be 100% behind those statements.

He's not wrong #ImWithJim

Uh...

Yep, I'm pretty sure he got pissed because they were attempting to re-write history on this particular subject.

Are things changing, anons? Will more people call out hollywood's bullshit?

>this is a controversial statement in 2017

the Reapers can't come fast enough

We already have a thread.

most competent warrior and leader.
until they storm the beach with no tactics, formations, or logic.
these were the esteemed warriors meant to keep humanity safe?

Fuck off

Zeus created them to keep humanity safe, but they fucked up, so he just created a playground for them

he does have a point though.

this problem ranges from wonder woman to game of thrones, women are just too attractive these days so that it becomes somewhat distracting. i only watched 3-4 episodes of got because that show just made me want to bust a nut, whereas actresses like sigourney weaver, linda hamilton and carrie fisher never did that to me.

fuckin' nat portman almost ruined the prequels for me because she is so sexy, especially in episode 2. i'm glad the "hot chick" in guardians of the galaxy is a green alien, it just makes it work since you're not pre-occupied with her looks.

James Cameron has to make everything about himself. He's always comparing other movies to his own work.

It was a dogwhistle for morons like you obviously

>women are just too attractive these days

stopped reading right there

He can because his work is what everything else is compared to :)

LA goggles I think. Didn't get it before I spent a bit of time there. The best looking people on an entire continent flock to one town. When even people in quite mundane service industries are also prom queen type actresses on the side, you start to lose your calibration for what regular humanity looks like really fast.

They couldn't not sexually objectify her and get the male audience. C'mon Cameron, you know that.

If she'd looked like Maggie Gyllenhaal or her costume covered up more they would've sold less tickets.

>:)

see you on pandora fag!

>isnt jewish

How did he manage to survive in hollywood?

>Defending capeshit at all
NOT MY CAMERON

Capeshitters are really huffing their own fumes now.
No shit Wonder Woman isn't fucking groundbreaking you teeth-grindingly stupid cunts, what ground was broken?

Is Wonder Woman, dare I say it, the Olympia of out times? Is interchangeable studio director #59, dare I say it, the D.W. Griffiths of cinema?

I don't understand. For years the critique against female superheroes and the comic industry in general is that women are objectified; that no matter their character they are made to be supermodels posing in glorified bikinis and spandex leotards. But then James Cameron says "Yes, WW was a good movie, but it's still a male fantasy, she's still sexually objectified." and he gets hated on for pointing out that WW is still running through a war zone in a skirt and halter top and being played by a beauty queen, and that half the movie is her falling in love with a man explaining to WW how the world works.

He could have been more diplomatic about his opinion or better yet just don't talk about politics in Hollywood but he's correct.

True in the other thread, true in this one.

Why is JC wasting his time watching and reviewing superhero movies when he has films of his own to make? I haven't seen Wonder Woman and I'm not going to waste my time and mental energy talking about it. I don't have anything against it but I can tell just by the trailer he is right about the film. I'll probably see it on DVD at some point.

>she doesn't fire machine guns
>she doesn't want to be a mom
>she's attractive

>this can't be feminism

Sacrificing your femininity to protect your offspring is the most womanly thing there is

BASED JIM

THE KING HAS SPOKEN!!!

JAMALD CRAMPF IS FINISHED!

He didn't give a review lmao.
>get asked about a movie
>answer question
>WHY IS HE WASTING HIS ENERGY WRITING REVIEWS?????

>Review
All he did was answer a question

>liberal shitting on other liberals...
Passionating.

He's right though. It was more generic capeshit that just happened to be directed by a woman.

After he supported those horrible Terminator movies, I don't see why anyone gives a shit.

>good film
>he's right

How long until he's accused of sexual harassment?

Wonder Woman wanted Steve to impregnate her, though.

why does Sup Forums like this garbage shit movie so much

it, like almost every capeshit movie these days, felt like they just plugged in "what's statistically popular among summer moviegoers" into a proprietary program and had it spit out a script from that. they then hired a female director and an Arab-killer so you can't criticize it without being a sexist antisemite. and THEN, to top it all off, they turned WW1 into a battle of good vs evil rather than the imperialist shitshow it was because Americans are retarded and literally don't know the difference between WW1 and WW2 other than the first one had trenches.

2/10, the costumes and music were pretty good, and i liked the animation sequence near the beginning. everything else was shit

>A good film
wtf i hate jim now!

Never thought I'd say this but BASED JIM

kek, this

i bet if wonder woman had diana connecting with a little girl and dragging her around in action scenes, he would have loved it

also cameron shilled terminator genysis with absolutely no shame, his public opinion is invalid

youtube.com/watch?v=7LqgdNVTcRA

Well it was okay for capeshit. He can't outright call the film shit or he'd get lynched.

Are they going to take Avatar away from him now?

Didn't WW2 also have trenches? WW1 is just famous for it for being the first (and more extensive) use of them

>A good film
Pretty sure he just said that so the feminist backlash against him would be reduced

>As much as I applaud Patty directing the film and Hollywood, uh, 'letting' a woman direct a major action franchise

BASED FUCKING JAMES

>i bet if wonder woman had diana connecting with a little girl and dragging her around in action scenes, he would have loved it

that would be great

Sup Patty!

>mfw i see horse penises in the thumbnail
>mfw not horse penises

Never.

This is the jab before the right hook.

>I really wanted Avatar 2 to show everyone what a true feminist film should look like.
>That's why we chose a black female lead, we weren't copying Star Trek.

Shouldn't feminist be angry that Wonder Woman was willing to abandon her people and culture, which were feminist in nature, in order to settle down with a guy she barely met all because he was hot? She was even curious about getting impregnated by him.

Don't forget that after his death she basically lived a centuries as a widow instead of returning to her people.

he didn't. he said "miss israel" as in - she was voted a beautiful woman.

you're the one bringing up israel.

>lol she's gorgeous and the movie was good I just didnt think it was a masterpiece of cinema
>controversial
Wow imagine if he said it was bad

Wonder Woman basically abandoned her independence as a hero, even abandoning her role as a female heroine, to be forever shackled to the memory of a guy she barely knew.

Avatar already had a black female lead, dumbass

>independence as a woman

FIX'd.

ROASTIES = TOASTED

JUST PREORDERED EVERY SEAT IN THE THEATER FOR AVATAR 2 BROS

moarrrr

Every war since WWI has had trenches. They're simple and effective, it's tactically stupid to not use them anywhere you can. They'll start becoming obsolete with drones, rapid global deployment and satellite-assisted sniping, tho.

WWI trenches are an iconic part of the existential horror of industrialized warfare. The only defense against the terrible weaponry is to tear out chunks of earth, huddle in a hole and hope you don't take a direct hit. The romantic era of the charging cavalry officer gambling courageously on those slow-to-reload muskets missing him was thoroughly and horrifyingly over.

pathetic beta male

>carrie fisher never did that to me.
well they were not intended for the gay audience mate

OURGUY
U
R
G
U
Y

there's nothing more reddit tier than 'muh framerate'
24 fps is literally perfect for kinography

Jeez Louise you guys, you don't think Mr. Cameron is doing all this shit right before Avatar 2 to maximize exposure and market share, do you?? He couldn't really be using carefully crafted vague and inconclusive but somehow still scandalous criticism that appeals to both leftists for claiming WW wasn't feminist enough and rightists for throwing shade at WW.

Could he, Sup Forums???

>feminists
>thinking
It was a BAD ASS woman beating up bad men and looking BAD ASS while doing it.

Was Linda Hamilton sexy in Terminator by 1984 standards?

Is Sup Forums full blown retarded? Patty said women can be beautiful and still be strong females. Cameron is saying all strong females should be ugly so they are relatable.

Are you people this stupid that you agree with Cameron, who is parroting the SJWs retarded message against attractive women?

Is no one going to address the fact that women actually LIKED Wonder Woman, unlike Alien and Terminator which most females couldn't give less of a shit about? That's why the film is revolutionary.

And Patty is kicking the dumb trend that ugly women=feminism

>dumb trend

>Cameron is saying all strong females should be ugly so they are relatable.

No he isn't, roastie

that is also because the film was marketed heavy towards women.
the constant shouting of FEMALE DIRECTOR etc etc.

aliens and terminator where never marketed as movies for women

ew.com/tv/2017/09/27/avatar-2-first-look/?crl8_id=6545dbff-2bfe-4cb7-8c7d-326b00634e7d

absolutely based Cameron

>Is Sup Forums full blown retarded?

Sup Forums is now full of far-right leaning highschoolers that get their news and information from InfoWars and The Daily Stormer because Sup Forums told them it was cool. What do you think?