Hype Status: 0%

Hype Status: 0%

I don't even notice when new episodes come out anymore until I see a thread here.

I never even watched this show but I've seen clips and it seemed to be really hype. What happened?

delays and blueballing and more delays

Nothing happened, Sup Forums just feels the need to earn special snowflake points by hating on whatever the most popular show of the moment is.

They take too long to produce mediocre episodes with little or no plot/character development. It's literally just "WOAH DUDE WHAT WACKY SITUATION WILL STEVEN AND THE GANG CRY/SING ABOUT NEXT"

Sells itself as a action show with story elements but delivers on neither.

Whenever there's a cool buildup to some story stuff it gets cut short and you're left with a unsatisfied feeling.

The creator also has to insert her songs into the show constantly, which are hit or most but a lot of the times in my opinion miss.

Imagine a show with characters that have weapons, different fight styles and unique powers that allow them to combine their strength; but instead of fighting they just talk about their feelings all the time. That's Steven Universe.

What's worse is that there are people like that feel the need to call off any criticism of the show as people being "haters" instead of saying that the show has some serious flaws.

Man, stop riding Sugar's dick. You can't possibly like "Steven has an uncle and there's no conflict for 30 minutes"

>Hating on the episode that everyone loved
You had one job.

>Gem harvest
>Everybody loved

From what timeline are you from?

Who's songs do you prefer: Rebecca's, Jeff liu's or Ben levin's

>there's no conflict for 30 minutes
Conflicts aren't always physical

You're half-right, but this isn't a Loud House thread.

This pretty sums up all valid criticism with the show. The premise of super powered, alien amazons who raise the hybrid son of their now "deceased" leader is buried underneath the myriad of crappy towney episodes, sub-par pacing, and hiatuses stacked on top of hiatuses.
Everything about this show that's worth getting hyped over is ignored because Sugar will be damned if she has to deliver on a plot.
I haven't seen a show with so much wasted potential since Danny Phantom.

My opinion of the show drastically lowered when I discovered that Steven and the Gems actively despise property rights.

> Gregs winter song
> townie episodes
> no exploration of homeworld & gem culture & gem history
> SOL episodes

I can't wait for the episode where Steven learns how to paint a wall and gets fascinated by watching the paint dry.

>Steven hangs out with a group of preschoolers
>Steven and Peridot try to catch a monster in a shitty Road Runner parody
>Steven and Connie read a book

SO INTRIGUING

We must make room for episodes with plots such as Faggot McNobody and his diarrhea problem.

>Steven cries again
>Lapis spends three songs telling him that each tear he sheds is a life of its own
>Steven resolves to cry whenever he feels like, which is always
>This is the entire Stevenbomb
>Fuck you for expecting plot

>steven universe
HA, GAYYYYY!

> A japanese animator make the tears turn into stuff but people don't see the difference

People here loved it, despite what your tumblr feed was saying.

>Steven: Don't be ashamed of your diarrhea problem, we all get them at some point!
>Steven tears up as he says this

>Steven realizes that he can eat onion-flavored chips
>Cries because he thinks he's eating Onion's indigenous people
>Nobody corrects him, and instead becomes an analogy about white people taking away Native lands

>Hype Status: 0%

Not me baby, even the shittiest of townie episodes is but a step forward for Jasperdemption.

Don't try to speak for everyone on the board. Don't even try to speak for everyone in /sug/. I've seen too many people criticize Gem Harvest for it to be written off like that.

You mean episode 1, when Amethyst stole all that ice cream? Gems don't really get property rights. It's part of their alien angle.

She's corrupted. Give up you pathetic Jasperfag.

Then she gets tossed into the fillerbarn.

Hiatus syndrome and a string of episodes perceived to be weak.

I didn't love it, although I love the show. It was drawn out and it lacked real drama.

They couldn't have thrown a gem monster in there to edge things out a little? Like "This is the shit we have to deal with, Andy, so excuuuuuse us for not empathizing with your incomprehensibly alien emotional issues".

"What? You're squatting in a barn I didn't even visit or do any maintenance on in 20 years? FUCKING HIPPIE SCUM!"

And I don't know about 'despising'. Do the gems even have a concept of property rights? Given the way their society works, they are effectively slaves to the Diamonds, expected to do what they are told for their entire existence. What property do they even need? Except MAYBE shelter.

She will be redeemed. She might even become....

WERE-JASPER![/SPOILER]

Show is a slow burner. Best to be watched in chunks. I'm all caught up and it's disappointing. I'll wait until the season is over again.