Sup Forums defended XKCD when they did this

>Sup Forums defended XKCD when they did this

Other urls found in this thread:

womensissues.about.com/od/abortion/f/Does-The-Government-Fund-Abortions.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Suck it up and stop crying on the internet every single day.

>Sup Forums defended XKCD
prove it
there's an archive
show us the thread and the specific posts you're talking about

Trump is going to be president and you can't do anything about it.

did we? i'm pro hillary as fuck and i would've made fun of it. xkcd sucks

This.

Good, I voted for him

I wonder what his response would be if you were a swing voter or typically a non voter who voted Trump after being motivated to go to the polls after seeing this.

'I'm with her' is the shittiest political slogan. Tells you exactly nothing about the candidate.

That's true for every political slogan ever.

who cares, he can have a political opinion

Oh no, a politcal opinion in a comic
what a world

So why the fuck do I still see so many goddamn posts about how liberals are 'blown the fuck out'? I swear, I see way more itching from the right then the left, and it's only been magnified since the election.

I just heard something and let me tell you this, this is going to amaze you, because it's true, it's so true, believe me, I hear it constantly from everybody, from the smartest people and the best people, they are great and so smart, and I hear it from everyone I meet, everywhere I go, every day, every hour, all the time, and it is so true that it will just amaze you, because it amazed me, and believe me it is something that I have heard constantly from great people:

Sup Forums is a bunch of tumblr fags but even they would never support XKDC, never, it's so true, it is such a huge disaster, a great big fat mess, believe me, nothing but a huge mistake and I feel sorry for them because they are just not that great. Sad!

It's almost like the entire political platform Clinton's campaign ran on was "she's a woman and you are a bigoted sexist racist islamophobic homophobe if you don't vote for her, and she isn't Donald Trump who is one of the aforementioned bigoted sexist racist islamophobic homophobes".

That was literally her entire campaign. Just a giant guilt trip that pushed a message that you are literally Hitler if you oppose her.

I still can't get over the fact that Trump is gonna be our president. It's not really fear or excitement, more than anything it's just awe. I can't believe he actually won. It's like we've switched into an alternate timeline.

Unfortunate that she didn't get her anointed promotion. But there's already an XKCD thread.

Not exactly true. 'Change/Yes We Can' sends a clear message of intent. As does 'Make America Great Again'. Neither are personalized on the candidate, instead they are messages the candidate is carrying to their supporters.

'I'm with her' is bad for two reasons. 1. it says nothing about Clinton's political ambitions and what she hopes to achieve in office. 2. it puts everything on the supporter. It asks of you, the voter, instead of the candidate offering their vision to you.

Make America great again is a shit slogan because it's so fucking vague

All of Sup Forums's meme magic bullshit feels very reminiscent of Hypercrisis threads from here honestly.

No we didn't

Sup Forums has always hated XKCD, even before they were SJWs

Obviously not making this thread so you can talk about comics and cartoons. Take your political discussion somewhere else.

Has Grant Morrison made any comments about Trump?

Nobody has defended or read XKCD since at least 2010.

But I guess you gotta find something to whine about.

It's not as good as Yes we can, but better than both Hillary and Sanders' slogans.

>Sup Forums has always hated XKCD

Not true, everyone on the internet loved the first 50 or so XKCD comics and then we all collectively got bored with it.

I think he is saying that its a good Slogan because its at least implying Trump is going to do shit for you. Whereas "I'm with Her" essentially implies obligation on the part of the voter to support Hillary.

Trump essentially destroyed 1/3 of her entire planned social debate platform when he said he flat out did not give a shit what bathroom people used. That was enormous in sidestepping a big issue that could have really dragged him into a negative light with his own constituents.

The democrats wanted Hillary to engage him on social issues, but instead she had him talk about his wacky conservative economic plans and people thought the shit he said made sense. Literally the worst thing you can do on a debate platform is to try and get into a war over complex policy, because the average viewer is a fucking idiot and likes convenient and frank talking points and not actual logical thinking. Welp, guess what kind of talking points Trump is great at?

The way this guy talks is annoying as fuck and I'm mad that I'm going to have to listen to him repeat every sentence five times for the next four years.

>is a shit slogan because it's so fucking vague
It's a great slogan that's both very clear in message, but vague in particulars and open to interpretation.

It says 'America isn't doing well', followed up with, 'I'm (Trump) going to fix that for you' and ending with the appeal to nostalgia 'by making things the way they used to be'.

That's a clear message, where it gets vague is in the particulars. But a slogan is just a message of intent, not a detailed policy. And as a message of intent, it was effective. And by asking 'what does that mean?' Trump and his supporters open the conversation on their playing field to hammer their policies in fast, sharp sound bites.

It's actually pretty brilliant from a tactical point of view.

The left has been consistently deviating from the opinion of the common american. Trump's victory isn't even about Trump. People are tired of feeling morally obligated to care about the left's shit. Its that simple. Whether its right or wrong; its annoying.

>Trump essentially destroyed 1/3 of her entire planned social debate platform when he said he flat out did not give a shit what bathroom people used.
Incidentally, why in the fuck are gays and trannies freaking the fuck out about Trump? He's far more on their side than Hillary is.

Pence as his VP suggests otherwise.

Sup Forums memed hard enough that america elected a facist. Maybe if we meme hard enough we can oust Bendis

>I still can't get over the fact that Trump is gonna be our president. It's not really fear or excitement, more than anything it's just awe. I can't believe he actually won. It's like we've switched into an alternate timeline.
You are mistaken, you should not be amazed, you should realise that American Voters aren't who you think they are. Trump won because he is what Americans deserve. There is no alternate timeline, America is just being America.

>Trump is literally the most pro-trans Republican the party has ever had based on the views he's publicly expressed and his stance on actual legislation
>Hillary supporters are convinced death squads are coming to put blacks and gays in literal concentration camps

I don't know man, Hillary and the media has already painted Trump so strongly that he's viewed as some sort of white supremacist murder emperor who hates all minorities everywhere when that's clearly untrue. I'm unsure that avoiding one social issue talking point was all that influential for him.

cause Pence and the rest of the GOP in congress are the same GOP regardless of the president

he doesn't hate minorities everywhere. Remember, he assumes some of them are good people

Trump said he's planning to defer most of the responsibility to Pence.

Who made the news for being anti-gay years ago.

We're the home board for Grant Morrison and all his chaos magick, surely that counts for something?

His VP is Mike "Shock the gay away" Pence.

Trump is at least overtly pretty fine with homosexuality. His VP is very much not. Trump has outright stated that he wanted to hand his VP a fair amount of political power.

Meanwhile hillary is a democrat. They cant fuck over a minority group because their entire voter base is minority groups. If you knock one down the rest get worried that they'll be next. So she wouldnt be able to do shit to them regardless of how she personally felt. She's part of the political machine through and through.

>Hillary and the media has already painted Trump so strongly that he's viewed as some sort of white supremacist murder emperor who hates all minorities everywhere when that's clearly untrue
Te problem with people running with this narrative is if he isn't exactly that, he's going to get a second term.

The left has overused hyperbolic language in relation to their opponents to the point most people are just annoyed by it. If Trump fails to be the complete disaster of a psychopath that they're predicting, and they don't change their rhetoric, they won't win in 2020.

As said it's Pence. I thought I was done dealing with his shit when he left his career as governer to go campaign. Nope. Moreso than Pence I'm spooked about the justices they appointed. Honestly though, I don't get why most faggots want so much government legislation. If you demand a racist rent to nignogs or he'll get sued, he'll be like "K" and then still not rent to nignogs but be more discreet about his reasons. I'd rather try and change the mind of some douchebag who won't sell me a cake than publically shame and financially ruin him. Gay marriage wasn't even important to us really until Bush started shitting on it. We need jackshit from government, we need to educate our own community about some stupid shit we do and try to warm the hearts of our ACTUAL culture and society... instead of trying to get Big Brother to do it for us.
Only asterisk with that is government-funded groups with discrimination practices shouldn't be allowed and we need laws protecting youth from shit like conversion therapy since they can't really fight for themselves.

That doesn't help me understand it any better. VP can't set policy. And the GOP got their fucking asses handed to them by the voters. The message seems pretty clear that most voters rejected the GOP's social bullshit.

It's very narcissistic and sounds like you're only supporting her for being female.

Compare that to Trump's MAGA and Obama's Change and you can see why Hillary lost again.

Okay, that makes sense. Nevermind this

>I'd rather try and change the mind of some douchebag

Have you been to the internet? Or witnessed modern American political discourse?

Best case scenario with that approach, the douchebag just lies to you to get you to stop talking to him and goes right back to living his life the only way he cares to.

>VP can't set policy
They can't sign shit into law no but they can have unofficial power and a lot of control and/or influence over the actual president's decision. Trump himself said he's going to give Pence a large share of his power.
Fuck you I already typed this.

When your strategy is to call literally everyone who disagrees with you a misogynist racist in hopes that they vote for you to affirm to themselves they aren't misogynist racists, that strategy is going to fall the fuck apart when people come to the realization that no, they aren't bigots, and you must be full of shit and they're extremely fed up with you calling them such relentlessly.

The difference between Clinton and Pence is that Clinton and maybe Trump were likely the people who were indifferent to aids killing gay people. Pence seems the type to wish they would die faster

>you're only supporting her for being female
Fucking duh, after they rigged Bernie out of a win that and keeping Trump out of the White House were the only ideas they had to market Clinton. It's funnier that Hilary purposely created Trump to be some outlandishly easy candidate to run against and still lost.

>goes right back to living his life the only way he cares to
And? I can go right back to living my life of buttfucking and frottage. Who cares so long as I'm not getting sprayed with firehoses? Until congress starts to support a bill making it legal to lynch us what the fuck right do I have to make someone else change their mind? If they wanna be a stubborn ass they can get fucked (geddit?). I'll never get why people can't mind their own fucking business. It's a whole country, not a studio apartment.
Again, the one REAL concern if he has a kid who turns out gay.

>the GOP got their fucking asses handed to them by the voters

In what universe? They're stronger than ever now that the white whiplash has swung into full power. Thye will have the Supreme Court majority, the house, the senate, more governorships, more full state control than any political party in America since the Reagan era, if this isn't some weirdo repeat of Reagan's America.

Trump may enter into a laissez faire stance, but in truth the thing that is freaking everyone out (whether they understand it or not) is a 4 pronged thing:

1. Trump will defer to state's rights to decide these things

2. Should the states enact anti-whatever legislation (at least 1/3 will), the cases would go through federal district courts

3. The Republicans are set to unleash about 6 years worth of (lifetime) federal judge appointments that have intentionally been held up by the Republican-controlled congress until they had a Republican President (literally fucking nobody understands how crazy this is), which means that essentially every region of the country will now have conservative districts determining the viability and validity of law

4. and if (IF) something makes it up the federal court system without being shut down wholesale and winds up in the Supreme Court docket, Trump will (over the course of the next 4 years) potentially have THREE Supreme Court judge appointments

So the inauguration of Trump signals the end of basically all aspects of social progressive rhetoric. But most of those rainbow haired side cut faggots only understand MUH BATHROOM and MUH SAFESPACE

Cyanide and Happiness is better anyway. I honestly cannot think of a single XCKD comic that was remotely funny, but then again I've never really sought them out.

>but they can have unofficial power
I remember hearing on some late night show that the only reason anything has gotten anything done during the Obama administration was because of Biden doing the heavy lifting in backroom deals.

>That's true for every political slogan ever.
t. Never read a political book
Stronger together and I'm with her are confirmed shitty political slogans, even experts agree. They relied on identity politics which normies were beginning to get sick of.

>VP can't set policy.
Dick Cheney says otherwise

And the GOP got told fuck you in the primaries, true. And then retained the house, senate, and supreme court. The only thing voters handed to them was government. They don't care about the message. The message is they got elected with the same dumb platform as always. And if they did get the social bullshit message, they don't care, they're not up for re-election soon

Does Sup Forums still believe they used "magic" and got a rich white republican elected over a grouchy old woman?

I'm pretty sure Obama just smoked weed and listened to Jay-Z all day. Joe would try and get him to sign papers but he'd just do one of those high-pitched rapper laughs and tell Biden to BACDAFUCUP NIGGAAA! while Biden weeps that Obama wasn't the Oreo people thought he was.
I have more but it gets lewd so I'll stop there.
I dunno about Obama but it was commonly accepted towards the end of his presidency that all of Bush Jr's policy and bullshit was really Dick Cheney.

>it was commonly accepted towards the end of his presidency that all of Bush Jr's policy and bullshit was really Dick Cheney.

Towards the end? Everyone knew about that in his first term.

the guy shot a man and the man apologized to him. He was the president

>rich white Republican
This is disingenuous. Trump is rich, but he's rich for an individual. His campaign was entirely self funded. It had orders of magnitude less funding than a typical presidential campaign, especially Hillary's. Secondly until the end of the race, Trump had little support and was fighting against his own party. Both parties hated him, the media hated him, and he was painted specifically as a joke candidate almost tailor made to give Hillary the Whitehouse on a silver platter.

Regardless of how obvious it feels in hindsight, it is completely nonsensical that Trump managed to win the Republican nomination let alone the presidency.

People who weren't retards knew that in his first term. Maybe it's because I grew up in the midwest but Bush was like the second coming of Christ until the Iraq war started getting more and more negative press.

>OP defended pedophilia when called out for faggotry

>the guy shot a man and the man apologized to him
Not to get pedantic, but the guy that got shot violated hunting protocol. Iirc he wasn't wearing a high-vis vest and approached from in front of the hunting party.

>Maybe it's because I grew up in the midwest but Bush was like the second coming of Christ

He was the president you could have a beer with.

>2 xkcd threads
not that im complaining, its fun to shit on

Bush Jr. is a text book example of dumbing yourself down to appeal to dumb hicks. He played it very masterfully too. I don't believe he wanted to be president though, which is part of the reason why he let Cheney run the show.

>they're not up for re-election soon
Midterms, bruh. Statistically, there is a notable flip in midterms against the party of the incumbent President. If Trump fucks up enough, the Democrats could put in enough seats in the House to stop the lateral budget cut strategy that the GOP is going to use to defund social programs and "moral enemies" like Planned Parenthood. He has to fuck up substantially though, because barely any of the districts up for play are truly competitive. But you never really know, and that's how the game just unfolds.

No, trump always had a distinct hold in the voting populous and general opinion of Hillary outside of democrat leaning states was negative. The reason it seemed so lopsided was because, as you said, the media hated him.

Then stop making threads about it, retard.

That was his whole appeal. He was like a geriatric fratboy. But he was also a CHRISTIAN who believed in AMERICAN values like EDUCATION and JESUS and-- uh-- AMERICA. I swear, every time Bush was on TV people got a little smile on their face. My parents tried to ban me from certain shows like Family Guy specifically because the anti-Bush shit despite them not even being Republicans. I mean, I was like 14 so it didn't matter but the sentiment was concerning.
Then again, my music teacher in around 6th grade went on a spiel when Reagen died about how he was a national hero so maybe my hometown just sucks dick.

>He has to fuck up substantially though

Republican voters aren't going to be feeling the pain enough to turn on Trump in 2 years.

Not matter what happens.

Right or left Sup Forums has always hated XKCD for being an unfunny webcomic by a creepy manchild.

>AMERICAN values like EDUCATION

What are you? Some kind of faggot?

Education is what those coastal liberal elites value, not red blooded real Americans.

>Planned Parenthood
It astounds me that people are genuinely in favor of defunding them. I know it's been beaten to death but it's common knowledge they don't use government funds for abortion. I get the GOP uses them as an "enemy" to rile people up but what are they actually AGAINST? Condoms and STD testing? It's always been so bizarre to me. Why not pick some random girl who had an abortion and try to Make America Pro-Life Again?

>all these butthurt tumblrinas and redditfags crying over Trump's victory

>Sup Forums has always hated XKCD

Again, that's not true. Everyone liked XKCD at first but then everyone got bored with it.

>it's common knowledge they don't use government funds for abortion
Not American, can you explain this to me? Where do they get the money from then?

>Education is what those coastal liberal elites value, not red blooded real Americans.

Which is funny, since those coastal liberal elites control the failing US education system.

Shit, I forgot about No Child. My bad, senpai.
Noone's really all that upset. People are just talking calmly and joking about mutual hatred for aspects of government. Why try to derail this into a flame war? Politics are stupid anyways. It's basically just the equivalance of team sports but for people who like to think they're smart and/or making a noticable impact.

Donations from groups that support abortions or individuals.

It won't be the danger of turncoats, though. The flip statistic relies upon opposing party voters being energized. Incumbent party turnout on midterms is never as good as the rival party due to lack of sense of urgency. The Republicans do have a strong hand to play in that the majority of consistent midterm voters tend to be older and white, so that's always a plus. Dems will have to put some asses in booths. And working against the Dems is the general stupidity and lack of awareness that young people have in times outside of the "rock star" main elections, so good fucking luck getting them out to vote.

Donations mostly I'd imagine. Where does any charity get funds from? They're such an altruistic group too. No wonder they don't get time in the media. Planned Parenthood is about sexual health in general. Free condoms, STD testing, pregnancy healthcare, education, etc. None of it is all that controversial besides abortion. Not even the non-abstanance based education pisses people off (which is kind of sad that that has to be noted) since they don't teach in school districts that don't want them.

They use government funds for everything but abortion is believe. Not sure where abortion money comes from but it's not taxes.

womensissues.about.com/od/abortion/f/Does-The-Government-Fund-Abortions.htm

PP gets federal funding but they do a million things other than abortion that makes use of those dollars. Conservatives had pushed this meme that all they do is kill babies however

One thing that worries me is, what happens if when Trump's presidency ends and he doesn't like the next guy? It goes back to that peaceful transfer of power issue and I haven't seen anything from Trump that makes me think he has it in him to go along with that if he doesn't like the other guy.

But I guess that's something to worry about in the future.

>US education system
This is a can of worms that can't be summarized so easily, or blame placed so squarely. And things are going to get incredibly convoluted in mid- and longterm ramifications.

Read into the proposed (and soon to be enacted) voucher system, where taxpayer dollars will be diverted to let parents dump their kids into pro-Intelligent Design schools. This is a real thing that is going to happen. Your tax dollars will be allocated to schools that say dinosaurs walked with man, and that money will not reach the public education system. You want to talk about the PES failing? Wooooo boy, just you wait.

This seems right. If one side is telling people "i will deal with what you care about" and the other "I will deal with this, which you should care about and if you do not you're a bad person" who is going to win is easy pick

Probably it would involve a comic where a man who isn't hungry sees a commercial for a restaurant and then spitefully goes out and eats a belly-full of sand as revenge against the commercial that tried to make him eat food.

Do you think he wants to be president for more than two terms? He might get bored after just one.

He's a man who lucked into having his outsider policies come into play at the right time, not an evil genius out to destroy America.

i like the good xkcd comics and dislike the bad xkcd comics

Then that's a far better explanation. Wasn't defending her shit in anyway though cause it belongs in the same shit bucket in my opinion

I think it's less of a danger if he serves for two terms because he can't run for a third and thus he's not in danger of losing anything.

But if the new guy runs on a "Fuck Trump" platform, Trump seems likely to take that personally.

And if he loses an election? I fully expect him to be a petty bitch and undermine the very foundation of American democracy.

Am I crazy or is all of that plausible?

>implying goatkcd is not the superior web comic

But that's literally why I voted for him!

No, no it didn't.

Most people thought it was unnecessary and foolish to air one's own (uninformed and probably biased) political opinions on your entertainment avenue.

Why? Because it might hurt people's feelings? I thought we were past this PC nonsense, or does that only apply when it's liberals bitching.

He'd just plan to Grover Cleveland it if he didn't win the second term right away.

>this incredibly civil and well structured political thread
W...wait, what?