Trinity Thread

Can you come up with a better Trinity than these?

>My dick
>Your ass
>Webcam

>2 gods > 1 god

This really only applies to the current age, as with most things Marvel it's heavily based on trends, while DCs trinity was established as such because of years of being their core iconic characters

If we're considering all history.....a true Marvel Trinity in the same sense of DC's would include Spider-Man and Wolverine

Superman is not a god.

Did you just say Superman wasn't a God?

Aliens are basically gods.

Remove Thor!

DC's trinity is perfection

Replace Diana with Zatanna.

Spider Man instead of Thor would be more appropriate if we're going by who is the most iconic trilogy of the company.

Technically Marvel's Trinity is Cap, Wolverine, and Storm.

Realistically it's Spider-man, Wolverine, and Cap.

Wolverine, Spiderman and Thunderstrike

X-23, Miguel O'Hara, and Beta Ray Bill

To other aliens, humans are aliens.

>missing the point this hard

>Larry, Moe, Curly vs Groucho, Harpo, Chico

Really makes you think

For DC obviously not really. You have its 3 most popular characters and they in some way represent the 3 prominent sub-genres of cape comics: Cosmic, Street and Mystic. Granted they are not the best representations of these three facets.

Marvel on the otherhand could use some work. As pointed out this arguably only really applies to modern Marvel, not the company's entire history. There is no female character to round out the trinity. It also fails to capture Marvel's line at all and you are failing to represent the three sub-genres. You are also missing the street character. There are a couple of ways you could construct Marvel's trinity. Spider-Man in place of Iron Man, despite his popularity, would solve this lack of street representation. You are also lacking a mutant,or inhuman given the big push, which is a big part of their line. The obvious answer would be to add Wolverine, but Storm would work as well since she is probably Marvel's biggest female character. Unfortunately there isn't really a way to include both of these and keeping Thor for the dual cosmic/mystical nature without getting rid of Cap, whom has been the posterboy for Marvel for much of its history.

The Marvel trinity is the FF, the X-Men, and the Avengers.

>but Storm would work as well since she is probably Marvel's biggest female character.
Storm, Jean, or Wanda

People talk to their cats but cats can't even talk.

Spider-Man was Marvels poster boy years before the Avengers had any mainstream recognition at all, I would say FF, X-Men, and Spider-Man

Let's not forget, this was the last mainstream (non comic) representation of "The Avengers" pre MCU and literally nobody even remembers or gave a crap about it

Marvel doesn't have a trinity, they have a hueg set of iconic characters.

Let's be honest, Wonder Woman is girl Superman for most normies. I bet more people know about Daredevil and his lore/antagonists/personality than about her

Nah if you wanted to do a Marvel Trinity in that style it would be:
FF/Spidey/Dr. Strange

>Marvel doesn't have a trinity, they have a hueg set of iconic characters.
Not really. Unless you're talking strictly post mcu, in which case, yeah shut up...you aren't "iconic" after a few years of mainstream popularity tops

>Let's be honest, Wonder Woman is girl Superman for most normies. I bet more people know about Daredevil and his lore/antagonists/personality than about her

No, literally the only way that's true is if you're talking specifically about the Netflix crowd, nobody knew or cared about Daredevil in the 90s who weren't hardcore comic fans

DD has had two big budget adaptations in the past 15 years though. We'll see after the Wondy movie.
Fuck Gadot though

Daredevil is literally just blind Batman.

>that awful Giant Man costume
>that awful Hawkeye costume
>dat QT Tigra and Wasp
...I am conflicted about this

I read somewhere that Daredevil used to be a big seller during the Frank Miller era. Do you remember the last time Wonder Woman actually sold well?

> Not really. Unless you're talking strictly post mcu, in which case, yeah shut up...you aren't "iconic" after a few years of mainstream popularity tops

Yes really. here's who had cartoons when I was a kid: spider-man, iron man, hulk, x-men. There was even a short thor cartoon iirc

wonder woman i only knew her because of justice league

Wolverine
Storm
Cyclops

also, daredevil showed in a few episodes of the 90s spider-man cartoon

I'm counting the greater FF.

Spidey'd be a member, also he was on the Avengers.

Also he worked at the Jean Grey school for a nano-second.

>MCU
Hulk was the first MCU film. Why the fuck are you using the MCU as a representation of Marvel's properties. Fuck's sake they don't even own film rights for some of their biggest shit.

Neither Dr. Strange nor Spidey are teams so I don't think you and I were using the same style.

...Okay Spidey's a team but that's weird and stupid and needs to god damn stop happening between clones and multiple universes.

Or if you wanted a devil's threesome it'd be Wolverine Jean Cyclops.

By mainstream I mean non comic crap, of course anybody who actually reads comics knows who Daredevil is, but anybody who reads comics also knows who Wonder Woman is so that doesn't really matter anyway

As for cartoons and shit I never saw Wonder Woman in cartoons either but I still knew who she was because she's iconic, aka being an icon, if I wanted to know who Daredevil was, or Punisher was, I would have to do research about it myself even if I may have saw them in a cartoon or in Punishers case, I grew up with the 80s movie and still I always knew he was more of an "obscure" character comparitively

Blade had movies, hit movies that most people saw, are you really going to argue that Blade is as iconic as Wonder Woman or Superman as well?

However, unlike Daredevil Wonder Woman is an American icon, pretty much aside from Superman and Batman she is the only character who is just ingrained in pop culture to that extent of being a cultural icon

Yeah, but big deal...Ghost Rider showed up in cartoons too, that doesn't mean he's on the same level as Wonder Woman or Superman, or even Spider-Man

Yes

>Hulk was the first MCU film. Why the fuck are you using the MCU as a representation of Marvel's properties.

Because anybody who thinks Iron Man, Thor, and Cap is a "trinity" on the same level as DCs (their most iconic, famous, and beloved characters) is clearly basing their fucking opinion on nothing but post MCU shit, which is quite recent and doesn't compare to the DC trinity which has been that way forever, and for good reason....those characters are iconic of DC because they've been their most notable faces forever now, Iron Man and Thor only became the faces of Marvel post MCU, period

>Being a blanket this wet

... Is nobody going to point out that DC's "Trinity" has Wonder Woman? A person whose less popular than even the flash or Green lanturn.

>However, unlike Daredevil Wonder Woman is an American icon, pretty much aside from Superman and Batman she is the only character who is just ingrained in pop culture to that extent of being a cultural icon

I guess that's the problem, because she's a big cultural icon in America but not so much here in Europe because she didn't show up in adaptations until later.

If SJWs had thier way

Wonder Woman is more iconic than Flash or Green Lantern, she's not only a feminist icon before feminism meant SJW morons but one of the most well known super heroes, regardless of what nerds like

Everybody remembers Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman of the 70s much like Adam West as Batman of the 60s even if they themselves didn't watch it

Wonder woman is well known since strong woman in comics

shes the defult reference ""blah blabh like wonderwoman and shit",

well liked on the other had maybe not

And people remember the old Hulk live action show doesn't mean she's in any way popular outside of being an "Icon"

Go ask ANYBODY who are the most well known DC heroes, they will always go

Batman and superman.

WW is only ever brought up in a "Trinity"

other hand*

she's being replaced by super girl tho

but that bitch will cuck you with a black guy

superior DC trinity

she's usually brought up if you ask about girl super heroes

Fucking casual. Jesus just stay on Sup Forums

Symbiote Trinity

Hulk >>>> Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman is known because Linda Carter and "hah! Girl superhero biatch!"

Hulk is known for the Lou Ferrigno tv show, the 90s cartoon based, the Ang Lee movie, the MCU movie, and then there's that based AF PS2 video game about Hulk too.

They're the trinity because they survived pretty much unchanged and uncancelled since the golden age.

The avengers trinity is obviously Thor, Tony and Steve but they aren't marvel's trinity.

People keep trying to focus the DC trinity archetypes of boy scout, billionaire human badass and god magic hero and try to enforce it on Marvel. When that has never worked. Everytime you force something DC related like legacies and what not it never works with marvel. They are more grounded and DC is larger than life.

However you and me gotta think outside the box here. If DC trinity took its top 3 comic characters together then we should do the same with Marvel.

That means Tony Stark (He is STILL more popular than Cap for some reason), Spiderman (A huge fucking given) and Wolverine (this should also be a no shit thing to do).

Each of these heroes have been Marvels little iconic mascot one time or another and are still recognized as such.

One represents the World Saving heroes, the other an everyman and the last the ever famous mutants.

every girl knows wonder woman. They dont know green lantern. Half the world is girls, therefore you're a moron.

Pack your bags co this guy gets it. Casuals love these three the best and you guys know it.

>I bet more people know about Daredevil and his lore/antagonists/personality than about her

Bullshit. No one gives a shit about Daredevil at all or knows anything about him at all. The only way anyone would know him now is from the show and that was pretty forgettable.

>implying DC's acrual trinity isn't Batman, Joker and Harley Quinn

Iron Man feels a little out of place there and I don't think Wolverine is that popular any more. I'd sub Iron Man for the Hulk or Thing, just to be more representative.

All this fucking wrong

>what is Miller's run
>Loeb's run
>hell even Bendis
>90s spiderman cartoons and comics cameos daredevil and his rogues
>batfleck daredevil movie
>Netflix show arguably the best thing to come from MCU or Netflix period

Holy fuck get off this board now. NOW.

>Go ask ANYBODY who are the most well known DC heroes, they will always go
>Batman and superman.
>WW is only ever brought up in a "Trinity"

And if you asked them to name a third, they would say Wonder Woman....yes, trinity means three, any other basic math you want to explain?

>And people remember the old Hulk live action show doesn't mean she's in any way popular outside of being an "Icon"

Point being? Prio to the MCU, Hulk was miles more iconic for Marvel than Iron Man or Thor, he'd probably be just behind the Fantastic Four, who would of course come behind Spider-Man and X-Men

This

I know people love Anti-Venom because it looks cool, but god is it stupid....how does it even qualify as a symbiote? Is it a symbiote? So convoluted.

It's not exactly about who's the most popular, DC's trinity is it because of what someone else said...
>They're the trinity because they survived pretty much unchanged and uncancelled since the golden age.
Not to mention each are American icons and pop culture icons of what a "super hero" even is and represents

Now that being said, if you were to make a Marvel "Trinity" that represents the past and the modern age.....yeah I can agree on Wolverine, Spider-Man (being they're poster boys forever unless you were born yesterday) and Iron Man, for the people who were born yesterday

Tomorrow Woman
Green Arrow
Black Adam

Hulk and Thing used to be marvel's poster boy. Same with Venom and Human Torch. However they have long lost their iconibility.

I mean honestly don't let the consensus in co fool you. People are ridiculously excited about the new Logan Film AND many casuals I know definitely went to see DoFP because of Logan alone. Casuals love him so much that they could get away with 10 Wolverine Origins quality level films and still make a killing.

As for Tony, he is basically current marvel's face at the moment. There is no way around it man. Even when Cap made better films or when Marvel Execs wanted Dr Strange to be their new face and replace RDJ. Tony Stark is still well known and loved by casuals.

These guys are by no means my version of the trinity, but we gotta be honest here. Casuals love Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman for the most superficials reasons. They are also the most easily recognized when people say DC.

Same thing with Marvel's actual trinity, sadly.

You seem to be confused. Nobody said Daredevil has good comics, they said he isn't a fucking American Icon

And he isn't, nobody gives a fuck about Daredevil.

Here's a hint...if you have to read comics to know about a character, they are not fucking icons. Everybody knows who Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman are regardless of if they have any interest in comic books or not. My fucking grandmother knows who all of them are, and my little neice had Wonder Woman t shirts just because it's cute.

Get fucking real guy, or get aware of what people are actually talking about.

Casuals don't give a shit about WW.

If you want a female character casuals love, it's Harley.

name 3 wonder woman villains and 2 sidecharacter without looking it up u piece of shit

Thats basically what I meant by chosing logan, spidey and tony. I mean otherwise Marvel just has Cap if we go by unchanging uncancelled heroes and even he wasn't that popular until the movies came out.

Also I honestly don't think you can compare Marvel and DC characters that way.

Marvel is all about change. For the good or the better. They aren't meant to keep their characters in unchanged uncancelled state forever. They work best when they force new things out of their characters. Ofcourse current marvel is approaching this sentiment the wrong direction but that's how marvel started with the FF in the first place.

Ares
Circe
Cheetah

Hippolyta
Steve Trevor

Spiderman
Wolverine
Doctor Strange

Circe
Cheeta
Ares

Artemis
Donna troy

It doesn't matter if I could or couldn't because I don't give a fuck about Wonder Woman and I don't read her comics....you're only helping me prove me own fucking point. I've read many Daredevil comics, and not a single Wonder Woman comic in my life.

I've known who Wonder Woman is my entire fucking life, so do most people, despite having zero interest in her

However, absolutely nobody knows who the fuck Daredevil is unless they are invested in comic books

He's a B lister now, used to be a fucking C lister.....unless you're a comic book fan you're not going to know who he is, and that means he is not a cultural icon....which he fucking isn't

A Challenger appears

Punisher was just as iconic as the Hulk pre-MCU too. More than FF for sure.

That giant girl
Hades
Ares

her boyfriend steve
wondergirl

how do we stop this

Kill Tony and replace him with Odinson.

Spidey Trinity

Cutie
Mark
Crusaders

Remove WW we only need The World's Finest

remove iron man

let him go back to being c-list so his stories can be good again

>Marvel Future Fight team bonuses

Marvel doesn't have a Trinity.

Marvel doesn't even have a World's Finest duo.

the oh fuckin gee

nice one, larry

Haha wow it just dawned on me the parallel, been reading the story and I've known of the outlaws for months and it just hit me. Wow I'm going senile in my old age.

The most garbage "trinity". Seriously they should drop Legends after they've milked their contracts dry and spring for a Superman, Batman, I'll even take a fucking Nightwing series. Anythings better than Legends or Supergirl-powah.

Their worlds finest would be Wolverine and Spider-Man

People can say normie all they want, but Wolverine and Spider-Man will always be two of the best Marvel characters ever and their most notable

DC makes the kinoest trinities

>Let's be honest, Wonder Woman is girl Superman for most normies.

Let's be honest, to DC as well.

>Wanda
love this meme

the OC best trinity

turn away from your false gods you heathens

>name 3 wonder woman villains and 2 sidecharacter without looking it up u piece of shit
Giganta, Cheetah, Solomon Grundy?, and her boyfriend and her sidekick?

For what it's worth Superman doesn't have many notable villains either other than Brainiac, Zodd, and Lex. I mean fuck's sake 4 and 5 are probably Mxyztptlk and Bizarro.

And I can only name 2 side characters, Jimmy and Lois. Is Lana still a thing? I have her in my head from Smallville and I literally don't know Supergirl's real name.

Batman's the one with all the notable rogues and associates.

>Hulk was the first MCU film.
Iron Man came out first sir. How would the Tony cameo make any sense otherwise?

Most people are vaguely aware that he's "that blind hero"

I heard about Daredevil before Iron Man and I never read comics (I'm 27 years old for reference).

Admittedly Iron Man is far more well known at this point but that is entirely on the MCU.

Hulk isn't even that popular with comic fans

Hulk had multiple TV shows.

Punisher was Blade tier pre-MCU.

I'll be your Larry.

Harley Quinn's waaaaay more popular than Wonder Woman right now.

Heck, Wonder Woman was never popular to begin with. Everybody, DC included, see her as Superman's second girlfriend.