/who/ doctor who general

Last time on /who/

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/kj92Fs9.png
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Shit_Trips:_Vol._2
mega.nz/#!Z4MnDTrC!2sOIw5iVPP0Gg22YqhaI9DrK-m84jrfh4OPOXPemWRE
rollingstone.com/tv/news/snls-pete-davidson-i-have-borderline-personality-disorder-w505489?doctorwho
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Doctor Who is dead.

How has your day been /who/?

I for one welcome our new Jodie overlady.

There's little you can do to prevent the climax of nonsensical ethics!

/who/ BOOK CLUB - SHIT TRIPS: VOLUME 2
WEDNESDAY EDITION (cont'd)
=====

Shit Trips 2 is here, so let's engage in some community self-love by reading and appreciating some of this mammoth work every Wednesday and Sunday. We'll be going through the whole thing in order.

TODAY'S STORIES:

>CHUMBLEYS vs ABZORBALOFF
By Lym

>The New Bedroom
By Comfy user

>Silencio
By Gallifrey_Immigrant

>Marshall BTFO...Again!
By FNA and FNA'S Sibling

SIDE NOTE: If you can, spare some love for last Sunday's stories (Time Enough and World & The Doctor Rises) too, as they didn't get much of a reply.

FULL SCHEDULE: i.imgur.com/kj92Fs9.png

Read, enjoy, discuss, reflect, shitpost.
Got questions about a story? Was there something you thought was GOAT? Memeyness that made you laugh? Let us all know. The floor is open all day.
If you wrote a story and you want to answer/ask questions in authorial capacity, consider a temporary trip.
Make it obvious which story you're posting about, & browse sensibly if you don't want to get spoiled on any stories.

Out of the loop but want to jump in?
Get Shit Trips: Volume 2 here:
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Shit_Trips:_Vol._2
mega.nz/#!Z4MnDTrC!2sOIw5iVPP0Gg22YqhaI9DrK-m84jrfh4OPOXPemWRE

Feedback post from past threads:

Reminder that bookclub

How would you react if Series 11 is renamed Series 1? (Nothing else about the series changes and all past continuity is still intact.)

I can't complain. You?

I for one will not tolerate the BBC shoving it's Lefty PC agenda down my throat. Tomorrow I will write them an email and I hope it makes them take heed.

How would /who/ react if Joss Whedon became showrunner?

I'd think it was a bit pointless and retarded but not really anything that mattered.

t. Whonatics

I'd give him a chance but probably end up dropping the show completely.

I have a memory that Eight would be proud of. I sat my laptop stylus down two seconds ago, and I already can't remember where it is.

It was okay, but I had a class that was far longer than it ought to have been. Still haven't finished the EDA I'm on at the moment, so I'm behind my metaphorical schedule.

What do you get out of making the thread early?

I'd be annoyed.

Do your lab report, or at least part of it. Then, work on your story.

Immense disgust.

Been really tired and I got real panicky about nuclear war for a good couple hours, which is a bit odd for me since I've been a lot better recently about panicking at things which I can't control. Feeling a lot better now and we watched all of evil of the daleks on stream which was fun. I've also applied for course rep at uni, which is fun since I'd kick myself if I didn't even try. Oh and I've started reading prisoners of time whilst I wait for a copy of the new 11th doctor comic issue to come out, even though it's just a tie-in for lost dimension alpha.
I've given you a bit of time to catch up to me on the 8 audios since I'm gonna listen to some first doctor stuff for a while. All my classes have been shortish, but it's only first week intro stuff, just be glad yours is free AND you get a good amount of contact hours. But I get what you mean on the schedule, I feel bad that I'm not on the third doctor in my marathon of all of classic who like I've let someone down or something.

Can someone shop that face onto the clown in this pic?

I'm no artist so I assume it's probably really difficult, but why do DWM comic drawings always seem really off-model?

>No 8

Matt Smith's face is hard as fuck to draw.

He's there!

>hard

Whose comics are better, DWM comics, IDW comics, or Titan comics?

>captcha is cropped from the TARDIS' police public call box sign

>I've given you a bit of time to catch up to me on the 8 audios
Aww, thank you! I really do want to get further along, at least so I can chat to you about them and share my thoughts. I'm really overwhelmed by uni at the moment, even in my first week back. I just need to get this lab report done and it'll ease a little of the pressure for a while. At least until my essay is due later next month.

the tiniest eight i ever did see

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's War you piece of shit.

TV Comic.

Radio Times

It's titan, DWM could be considered better I guess but I quite like titan's style including the new artist they've got for 11.

Oh fuck, Hunters of the Burning Stone was incredible, in story and art terms. THAT'S how you draw Eleven.

>captcha is cropped from the TARDIS' police public call box sign
I had a full TARDIS earlier.

did it count as a door

Is it on VK?

>'Doctor Who' Star Peter Davidson: I Have Borderline Personality Disorder
huh

rollingstone.com/tv/news/snls-pete-davidson-i-have-borderline-personality-disorder-w505489?doctorwho

Those are actually canon.

Of course.
Everything is canon.

Holy fuck, that's incredible. I got chills.

Yes.

>I'd love for them to adapt this story into a Christmas special

that looks like a very cuddly McGann

>I am Dr Who

holy shit my sister's got her boyfriend round (we're home alone this week) and I can smell the weed from my room, did they think I wouldn't notice

In other news, Eight is now probably in my top 5 Doctors.

I love this strip but was always a bit disappointed that the robot things weren't the Trods.

I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TAE STOP WIS THE SPOILER BARS YOU SPECKY WEE CUMSPLAT

Ya reposting because I put it in the previous thread by mistake lol. I watched Holby City for the first time in a couple of years and wow, it's far worse than I remember. What was Paul McGann thinking? I know it's hardly the first time he's been siphoned up into a vacuum of shit but come on.

Dob on them, Lym!

I use spoilers for semi-offtopic stuff so people can ignore it if they want to.

o-oh. oh no. can eight please get a fucking break from all this suffering? poor guy

these are cute, user. thank you for posting them!

>implying not all mcganns are cuddly

>Eight is now probably in my top 5 Doctors
based lym

Yeah, it's... uhh, a questionable decision, but I suppose we'll have to wait and see how it goes, or if he even stays for long.

Last is

I don't get the appeal of hospital shows. Hospitals are depressing places where you go to die or to watch others die.

Is 8 the only Doctor to carry a bag?

>>implying not all mcganns are cuddly
>she hasn't listened to Caerdroia

Watch House

>PETER DAVISON considers this past year a "fucking nightmare," due in large part to his borderline personality disorder diagnosis back in December 2016.
>"The wonderful thing about Big Finish is I'm never in the show," says former Doctor actor
>In a new interview on the WTF With Marc Maron podcast Monday, Davi-son got candid about his mental health issues prior to the diagnosis, and how he had assumed his pot-smoking was the problem.
>"I've been a pothead forever,” the Doctor Who star said. "Around October [or] September last year, I started having mental breakdowns where I would, like, freak out and then not remember what happened after. Blind rage. I never really did any other drugs, so I was like, 'I'm gonna try to go to rehab. Maybe that’ll be helpful.'"
>Once there, Davi-son said he gave up weed, but doctors guessed there might actually be a deeper-seated problem at hand.
>"They told me there, they're like, 'You might be bipolar,' and I was like, 'OK,'" he recalled. "So they're like, 'We're gonna try you on these meds.' And then I got out [of rehab], and then I started smoking weed again – and I'm on meds."
>But any relief Davi-son experienced was short-lived. The comedian found himself in the middle of a "really bad mental breakdown" two months later, and he publicly announced that he would undergo treatment to try to shake his pot use, which he still believed to be the problem.
>"Just wanted to let you guys know I'm okay," he wrote in a post to Instagram at the time. (His account has since been deleted.) "I know I've kinda been missing, on social media and on the show. I quit drugs and am happy and sober for the first time in 8 years."
>By "drugs," Davi-son clarified during the podcast Monday, he meant pot. "I should've just said, 'I’m quitting weed,' because now people think I do drugs," he said. "I'm very embarrassed at this point."

You're looking for the Doctors General

It's also where you go to watch new life born into the world and see people sick or injured get better.

>>Three months after going clean, however, Davi-son still felt the same, and was formally diagnosed by a psychiatrist as having borderline personality disorder, or BPD. As a result, he is taking a new medication geared toward helping him manage his BPD.
>"It is working, slowly but surely," he said. "I've been having a lot of problems. This whole year has been a fucking nightmare. This has been the worst year of my life, getting diagnosed with this and trying to figure out how to learn with this and live with this."

I have. My ex loved it. I couldn't stand it.

Maybe that's why he's called the Doctor...because everywhere he goes, he is followed by death...DAMN really made me think

Oh :(

>he thinks there exists anything on this good green earth that could change my opinion on the matter

pic

>The only Doctor actor confirmed to light up is the one who wore a green vegetable on his costume
Pottery

They all die in the end.

Zara would get it so hard.

>Davidson trying to besmirch the good name of his stepbrother

Poor old Davo. Good for him for quitting the weed.

I wouldn't mind too much but I think they should stick with Series 11 or go the Torchwood route and have a subtitle instead of series number.

Wasn't Series 5's production code, Series 1?

Melody was my doctorsfu

I think it's especially important with a female Doctor to keep it as series 11 to highlight the continuity for anyone who's concerned about the change

>or go the Torchwood route and have a subtitle instead of series number.

>Doctor Who: The Return
>Doctor Who: Children of the Void
>Doctor Who: You Are Not Alone
>Doctor Who: Reality's End
>Doctor Who: The Forgotten
>Doctor Who: Silent World / Doctor Who: Time's Melody
>Doctor Who: Stand Together / Doctor Who: Impossible Girl
>Doctor Who: Paradise
>Doctor Who: Hybrid Rising
>Doctor Who: The Fall

Autism

Wait, hold up, does 11 actually meet Ian in one of the comics?

Ian and Barbara, it was a 50th anniversary comic

Yep, also Za and The Tribe of Gum

Dear lord sounds like comic kino. I'm desperately hoping that 12 and 1 visit Ian and Susan in TUAT but I'm fearing it shan't happen

Wouldn't be surprised to find out that any of the other Docs smoke, especially Capaldi

>TUAT
kek
Remind me again what it stands for?

Capaldi did acid in his youth with Craig Ferguson

>tfw no queen jenna gf

Twice Upon A Time?

Oh yeah, if he did acid then he most definitely blazed it

I like it!!

You would because you posted it.

nah m8