/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Force Doppelgänger Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.htm

>Out This Week:
Rebels 3.10: "Visions and Voices" (mid-season finale)
Doctor Aphra #1

>Rebels 3.09: "An Inside Man"
mega.nz/#!EAUyiZTT!JiuwDu0q2xSBkbypMQkVun7I88x4xb4PQuhb69GM0JA

>Rebels Recon #3.09: "An Inside Man"
youtube.com/watch?v=dRcc48GmXd0&t

>Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Official Trailer #2:
youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/ed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=--JDFTpKrpI
youtube.com/watch?v=8g9cJ5WKZeU
youtube.com/watch?v=Sq0YCBRnlO4&t=156s
youtube.com/watch?v=hdBm4Bq_Cnk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is she, /swco/?

What was wrong with your first post?

>Force Doppelgänger
Doooku?

I forgot the question mark and I used the wrong image.

Honestly are you just on Sup Forums at all times of day? How do you land the first post in every fucking thread?

also she's a bitch

Imperials have the best waifus. Prove me wrong rebelfags.

Sabine best girl

wrong :^)

She has no personality.

What do you mean?

It's a meme older than What Is She?™

You keep saying
You got something for me

something' you call love
But confess

Why didn't you save him?

I honestly don't remember him at all.

You've been messin'
Where you shouldn't have been messin'

And now someone else
Is getting all your best

Because I wasn't strong enough. But I will be soon.

These boots are made for walking
And that's just what they'll do

And one of these days these boots
Are gonna walk all over you

How can she be best girl if she's not even a pilot user?

fuck off

She's a different kind of pilot, if you follow my drift.

one that never flies, and when she tries is terrible at it?

youtube.com/watch?v=--JDFTpKrpI

Anyone have that Dooku sith holocron pasta?

Yes

>people actually draw lewds of Sabine

There's a Dooku sith holocron pasta?

>He doesn't want a waifu that he can do mock dogfights with
I'll leave you to your shittastes then.

Thanks m8ty.
Read it in his voice.

What is that, /swco/?

The G-spot

ONE WEEK

spaceship

Friendly reminder that TFA is objectively bad and makes zero sense whatsoever.

youtube.com/watch?v=8g9cJ5WKZeU

>not playing the New Droid Army

ok

>an hour long

Jesus, is this gonna be the new Plinkett shit?

Is this a reverse bait?

>if you're stealing ideas from someone, you're not telling your own story, you're telling someone elses

Jesus, this guy actually has the audacity to say that while praising the OT?

>unfortunately for people like me who actually try to pay attention

Oh. He's autistic. Got it.

There's just that much wrong with the movie.

If by "reverse bait" you mean "not bait at all", then yes.

Thoughts?
youtube.com/watch?v=Sq0YCBRnlO4&t=156s

why does that planet have the moisture gathering things from tatooine when its very clearly a moist planet that does not need them

>Oh. He's autistic. Got it.
>duhhhhhh he dont turn off him brain at da moovees, he autistic durrrrr
/swco/, everyone.

Ok, nope. I can now tell it's not the new Plinkett shit.

Plinkett may be a meme at this point, but he at least knew a few things about what he was talking about. This guy is just a condescending ass.

>1h
Well if anything I got some background noise for work tomorrow. Is it at least entertaining?

No, he's a condescending asshole who assumes anyone who likes a movie just wasn't paying attention.

If you can't critique something without mocking the people who enjoy it, you're not making a good point.

Explain how then.

Plinkett did the same exact shit though, according to him everyone who liked the Prequels was an idiot.
>inb4 he was right
Irrelevant, he should be held to the same standard.

From what I've seen so far ... no.

Obviously it's reverse bait. No matter what you think about the film, it was posted in a way to just get some (You)s. Look how quickly it destroyed this thread and will continue to do so.

That does not mean the water is usable for Humans. It could have toxic chemicals or bacteria or parasites. It could be radioactive for all we know. Those vaporatures create water and purify it.

People seem to forget water is hard to come by in nature. Even if you do find it, you'll probably get infected with some nasty parasite. why do you think alcohol was so popular in antiquity?

He brings up legit problems with the movie beyond "it's just a ANH ripoff". If that's not "entertaining" enough for you, I don't want to know what is.

Explain how what?

I'm not saying Plinkett wasn't autistic and condescending too. It's literally the same shit.

>post video with stupid opinions without adding anything yourself
>encourage people to refute the "points" made in the video

The problem is that he does so in a way that glorifies the OT as if it's something perfect.

>This thing was shitty
>also they just copied it from the OT

Well that means the OT thing was shitty too. He's trying to have is cake and eat it too

Why make your own arguments when you can let a random youtuber make some for an hour?

I don't understand the point your meme arrows are trying to make.

Not really. For example, he brings up that Finn's redemption arc is just a copy of Han's redemption arc from ANH, but the difference is, Han's motivations actually made sense.

You didn't watch the video, did you?

>caring about YouTube celebrities.
What happened to this general? Who the fuck cares what some autist thinks?

He's not a "celebrity", dude is barely known at all.

I'm starting to think that some trolls aren't actual trolls. Just autistic/stupid people who are trying to fit in by emulating the real trolls.

>Just autistic/stupid people who are trying to fit in
Sounds like Sup Forums and Sup Forums. they have a very "us" vs "them" mentality. what attracted people to this general is you could say "I like the prequels" and everyone would be like whatever and move on have a discussion. now its rampant shitposting

I'm not watching it because I'm assuming it's some idiot rambling on about how shitty he found the comic. Fuck that, I loved it.

He changed his title. And he tries so hard to be the new Plinkett by nitpicking everything but forgets the fact that Plinkett's nitpicks are not why the PT was bad to him. He even made this clear. 3/10 Good effort though.

I didn't like the force awakens that much either but I hate hyperbolic criticism. Also four minutes in and, while I agree with most of his points, he's a condescending, self-praising ass.

Thoughts? Looks bretty gud
youtube.com/watch?v=hdBm4Bq_Cnk

I just realized something watching this.

If you had knowledge of Mos' cantina and had to pick one of two places to stow away a force sensitive child, wouldn't a comfy bar run by a kindly, old force scholar who's been running this business undetected for a thousand years and apparently has enough connections to retrieve Luke's first lightsaber from a gas planet's surface be a better choice than fucking Jakku?

The first issue was really neat. The opening scene made me think about her like an antagonist from Indiana Jones and the flashback scene in addition to that... Aphra is a lazy academic with a self-serving moral compass. I hope they do something interesting with the story.

You mean a more obvious choice?

But user, it's already been proven that dessert planets are a guaranteed safe hiding place for force users

not to mention those planets are also fucking delicious.

damn right they are. twin sundaes of tatooine

I still don't know if I should like or hate the odd cockpit layout of their ship.

What exactly is this though?

And if you're dealing with an organization that's all "Darth Vader did nothing wrong except for killing the Emperor", a desert planet's a guaranteed safe place because they idolize him so much that it's probably a law that you must hate sand.

Watchin the Saw arc of TCW right now. Hype is intensifying...

Also, how buttblasted was Sup Forums when they announced that Whittaker was gonna be playing a TCW character? I didn't get to see it.

My waifu slut

they were hootin and hollerin pretty loud, generally chimping out like they do

SHIELD GENERATOR'S BEEN HIT!

>Also, how buttblasted was Sup Forums when they announced that Whittaker was gonna be playing a TCW character?

They were raging pretty hard. I saw a lot of "LITERALLY WHO" and "b-b-but the cartoons don't count!"

It was GOLD.
It was that big that these threads went wild over here.

I'm glad they brought back the idea of the hovertank in some shape or form, even if it's not exactly the TX-130

Like, I know the 130 is in Commander, but let's not kid ourselves - doesn't stand to much reason that whatever shows up in there will show up anywhere else in the actual stories we're getting.

Why not? The TIE-Defender appeared in Rebels and it explains why the Empire might let some mercenaries test it out since it's brand new and it also explains why the Empire wouldn't mind a few mercenaries having a sort of secret weapon since the Rebellion already has blueprints for it.

>doesn't stand to much reason that whatever shows up in there will show up anywhere else in the actual stories we're getting.
Like the TIE Defender?

Where's the TIE Defender show up in a movie?

It just showed up in the last episode of Rebels.

Damn, wish I'd seen it. I'm trying to picture their reaction if Ahsoka ever made it into a movie. I love "ONLY MOVIES MATTER" people.

Some things that would make me shit myself in Rogue One:

-Fulcrum name drop
-Straight up Ahsoka reference
-That "Ghost" actually being the Ghost
-Chopper cameo
-Rae Sloane showing up (god that'd be awesome)

I realize that it's basically guaranteed that none of these will happen, but it would be great.

So it hasn't shown up in an actual story then?

Does anyone else love nucanon up to the Battle of Jakku and then wish the post ROTJ EU stuff was canon? Maybe not the Vong shit, but I think the Thrawn Trilogy, X-Wing, and the Katarn stuff is waaaay waaaaaaay better than TFA and Aftermath. The only thing that kind of saves nucanon New Republic stuff for me is Bloodlines and Kylo Ren.

>Pixelated look of Superiority to Plebs

Who's an edgier faggot: Kylo Ren or Starkiller?

a key part of being edgy is angst, and what's more angst than being a bad guy turned good guy?

Starkiller wasn't really edgy.

Assuming Sheev didn't do to them what he had done to Geonosis then she's Imperial now.

I feel like Sloane's gotta show up in Rebels first before they decide to drop her in a movie.