Do you think it should be illegal for parents to hit their children?

do you think it should be illegal for parents to hit their children?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_L_F1bcgwrg
youtube.com/watch?v=8wtrpj7lF5o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I dunno but I sure wish it had been when I was a kid.

Do you seriously want more black people in prison?

>should the government spank parents for spanking their kids

Not hitting your kid creates this

Do you people have like a spanking fetish? Why is this thread here like several times every fucking day?

>Your responsibilty as a parent is to teach your child to respect authority.
>Some assholes only respect the threat of a slap across the cheek.

However:
>Teaching a child to respect authority out of might instead of Wisdom might actually be more detrimental .

So, I don't know.
Give me your shekels please.

Did someone say spanking?

youtube.com/watch?v=_L_F1bcgwrg

only outside the bedroom

Only when absolutely necessary. Otherwise you tell the kid off and put him somewhere he can't have fun. There are usually safer more effective alternatives.
I got the shit slapped and beaten out of me as a kid. Wasn't fun.

Nah I say bring back the cane into schools also. Kids are turning out too fucked up now, they need a few whips with a jug cord.

What a fucking puss, I was beaten regularly as a child and I turned into a functional, non-degenerate adult, as it should be. Children need discipline to turn out right, the lack of it is what made so many freaks today.

>and I turned into a functional, non-degenerate adult
lol'd

Actually beating your child ? Yes. However, spanking or slapping (within reason) should be permitted.

Absolutely not.

Parents need to be able to control their children. Science shows that childrens' brains do not develop abstract thought until around 10. up till then, they are acting only on impulse and can't be reasoned with.

And sometimes, you have to deliver an immediate message that won't be misunderstood and won't be forgotten. Like when they are running into traffic or taking scissors to the baby. And that is what only a spanking can accomplish.

>something that non-parents shouldn't even be allowed to weigh in on, imo

>functional, non-degenerate adult

He says posting on Sup Forums late at night.

>I should be able to make another kid feel powerless and worthless because my parents did it to me and I need to be the big man now
kek, sad

Got raped?

Nah.

It builds character.

yeah, I got touched by your mom as a kid

So much this...I still have flashback's

Control your kid when they outright defy you or go too far then fair enough, but using it as a solution to all transgressions is dangerous as they can't associate the difference of severity of things that they do wrong.

When you punish a 7 year old whether you spank him or not, you get a tantruming, crying brat. Why not spare them the physical harm?

>Only parents can have opinions on parenting
This opinion is retarded

It's over now. You can tell us what happened.

Stfu pussy, you and your parents are abusive freaks

No. Those little shits deserve it.

Thats what happens when you hit your kid

it is okay to hit a child who is being a huge asshole
my parents were not quick to violence, but when i was a huge asshole (as most kids would be at some point) i got hit hard and learned not to be a huge asshole unless i wanted my bottom sore
most parents who don't use physical violence at all rely on taking things away from their child or putting them in time out, creating little shits who don't think their actions will ever have real consequences

Says the degenerate who likes beating up children

Your parents seem based

It's not even about being a big man, sometimes kids are little shits and they need to know who's in charge

You want to hear about a child being raped? I guess this is what happens when u beat ur kid xd

no

>It's not even about being a big man
>sometimes kids are little shits and they need to know who's in charge
dont breed

No, I just want you to answer the question. We're trying to have an educational thread here.

I fucking love being spanked and the fact my parents considered in a punishment was laughable

I didn't intend to hurt your feelings, man up bro, it was just banter

I agree, stressful childhoods seem to build some of the best personalities.

YAMERO!

you consider socially anxious insecure nerds best personalities? lmao

It's not wven about hitting them, it's about opening their fucking eyes

Me too.
>mfw what shielding myself instinctively got me when your father attacks in anger because you were being loud annoying kid

youtube.com/watch?v=8wtrpj7lF5o

This

>Teaching a child to respect authority out of might instead of Wisdom might actually be more detrimental .

There are some parents who spank their children as a way to vent their own anger rather than than the pure intent of teaching respect. That situation does not help with respecting authority - it does the exact opposite, as 'authority' shows a huge weakness

That comes down to a very subjective evaluation of the appropriate response to negate a certain behavior. It's a question of do you want to negate a behavior by not acknowledging it I think by acknowledging and enforcing against it. I don't think it's a simple solution. My dad spanked me when I was out of line. I think I knew it at the time, and I certainly know it now, but the onus is on the experience of the parent to have the appropriate judgement to know what their child will respond to at the right time. Not every single person will have that experience, but the what governing body can make a law claiming to know better how to raise children than the children's parents? There's no comprehensive law that could resolve that decision problem

spanking is fine, but only for the worst offences and only when the child is young.

>illegal to hit children
>kids become even larger shits than they are today

Yeah, no, bruise those mother fuckers.

My never had the need to do that to me.

Don't think it should be outlawed but it's necessary to educate the parents so they use this correctly to prevent the creation of future feminists and faggots.

no

all these trump voters should have been beaten to shit

The only physical punishment I ever received was one time when I was really young and I had a habit of biting people. I bit my dad and he bit me back.
Apparently that stopped it.

Yes. It's been proven that even spanking is bad for kids. It traumatizes them, makes them rebellious, and teaches them that physical violence gets you what you want. They learn literally nothing positive from it. You did not learn respect as a kid from being spanked. If you talk to any childcare worker they'll tell you that the kids who are spanked at home are the most misbehaved and will even hit workers when they don't get their way. I'm not talking down on people's parents; my parents spanked me and I turned out fine, but I could have turned out better and so could you. The fact that they spanked you shows that they actually cared about disciplining you, which is more than you can say for other parents, they just didn't go about it correctly. This is why parenting classes should be mandatory, so that we can ensure that everyone knows how to properly discipline their children and those who are still punished physically can be removed and placed in families that will raise them properly. If you actually disagree with this then you're literally no better than a nigger, too violent and lazy to properly discipline your children. Sterilize yourself.

>tfw when you live in an actual first world country where there isn't dumb shit like assault not counting when it's a big adult is hitting a small child
It's 2016 people

>spanking is bad for kids
>i know because i've been conditioned to think so
>my parents spanked me and I turned out fine
you'd be an even bigger faggot if your parents didn't spank you

Physical punishment doesn't do anything. You want to kids to learn you have to punish them emotionally.

saus

There's a difference between spanking the arse and straight up beating your kid up. Obviously, beating your kid up should be illegal, however I don't think that a slap on the back of your head or five slaps on the ass of a young kid if they act like shit is wrong.

No. But, it can definitely be taken too far. If the child shows physical injury, the case should be investigated. Pretty much exactly what we do now.