Looking back on it this movie sucked ass

It was basically just a New Hope remake to get old ass Gen Xers to see it so they could relive the 80's.

I much prefer George's pottery to JJ's shekel trap. Even the prequels were better story wise, music wise and camera wise than this retarded abortion of a "star wars" movie.

The only reason most of us sat through the whole thing is because we knew Luke was coming. The film makers knew that as well, so they made us sit through the entire thing to see him.

None of these new characters will become iconic, and Disney is just wasting the iconic characters they have. Two are already dead, one IRL.

I predict a lot of people will realize how shitty these movies are once all three are out.

This.
Ignoring all the nods to the OT, you can spot loads of plot holes. Still don't know why the First Order didn't catch or try to stop the Falcon when leaving Jakku despite them still orbiting the planet.

They tried to copy Vader looking for the plans in the droid. The mistake was that the new vader was already on the planet, and captured the two guys in the act. The original makes sense, but the new one makes no sense at all.

That's because they tried to ignore boring talking or political scenes that the """"""""""""""fans"""""""""""""" didn't like in the past. What they didn't know was that those scenes help make the story make sense. Just like how they destroyed a planet and no one knew what the planet was because only the name was mentioned once.

Han Solo dies

I saw it once and I don't want to see it again or its sequels, ever.

Definitely wasn't worse than episode I and II, considering the lack of insight George Lucas actually had to his market.

90% of the thing people criticize TFA for is the reused plot, something it undeniably has.
What makes TFA different is the approach to storytelling. It's way more compact, but also riddled with way more mystery and fun, whilst delivering emotional scenes pretty much on par or even superior to that of RotS or even ANH.

Rey is clouded in mystery; we don't know why she is as good as she is, but the movie reveals small hints you can puzzle out to understand there's way more than meets the eye. I won't go into depth about this, just because the Mary Sue argument is getting old, and is easily disproved.

This goes in strong contrast to Anakin, whom we know to fall into the dark pits of the Sith.
In fact, that is the main issue with the prequels; we already know what'll happen before it's over.
TFA delivers the promise of new stories that will unfold, and while some of the bigger events do hold parallell lines to ANH, one should rather concern oneself with what's different, because that was the point of TFA.

If you don't understand what I mean, I'll explain it like this: Disney needed a villain that would be as menacing and iconic as Darth Vader. Realizing they'd NEVER manage this, they created Kylo Ren, who literally is the embodiment of the fear that Kylo Ren would never be as great as Darth Vader, much like Disney knew they would never manage to make Star Wars as great as the OT again.

The outcome of Kylo Ren was astonishing. You'd be lying to say otherwise. This quality is reflecred throughout TFA in my honest opinion.

>gen z prequel faggots still salty over TFA

Give it up. It was a well made movie, despite it having plot similarities to A New Hope.

Why was the Rebellion that won in ep6 so incompetent to allow the First Order to thrive? Did they all get voted out of the senate?

star wars shoudlve stayed in the pre-90s, everything since was a mistake

judging a movie on its merits alone is completely valid, and doing so in this case reveals that Rey is a massive Mary Sue

LET GO OF MY HAND GAAWWD I KNOW TIE FIGHTERS ARE SHOOTING AT US BUT IM A STRONG WOMAN LET GO

>Stranded on foreign planet for 20 years to learn basically everything
>Guardian is a ship and technology broker
>Stupid audience is surprised when Rey has more knowledge of ship (compressor) even though Han has missed it for x years and never ever seen that compressor before

>Rey is said to be strong with the force
>In the Star Wars universe, force users are empirically better pilots
>Mentally deficit audience is shocked when Rey manages to steer the Millenium Falcon
>Also pilots of the enemy faction are consistantly conveyed as clumsy idiots, so TFA just follows previous set patterns

>Kylo is being torn apart mentally
>Just shot by huge, powerful lazer weapon
>Just killed his own father to feel evil even though he's not
>Retarded audience is shocked she can win even though all of these factors plays in

Not even a Mary Sue, can't believe world building by J. J. Abrams is too incomprehensible for you meme drones

>I won't go into depth about this, just because the Mary Sue argument is getting old, and is easily disproved
It's so easily disproved that you won't even try

>zero training
>can defeat a trained sith mind probe and turn it on him
>zero training
>performs a mind trick on a soldier
>ZERO TRAINING

Saw it twice in theaters, both times with different groups of friends. Felt absolutely nothing the first time, just an empty dissatisfaction. Hated it the second time. Have no interest in seeing TLJ.

if you have one character that is just "the chosen one" and never fails, that is a Mary Sue.

in the OT, Luke was strong in the force and the main character, however he failed time after time after time and need to be saved by his mentor/friends.

it wasn't until he had actually trained with a jedi master that he could do anything, and even then he got blown the fuck out by vader in their first battle

>Movie is literally called "The Force AWAKENS"
>dude wtf how does she manage to use the force on a character who is literally shown in front of my two eyes to be dysfunctional because of personal issues
>uhhh i didnt see this character fail for two hours so she shouldn't be able to use these fictional magic powers

buddy, learn how a character arc works, if your character is super human from the first scene, it is shit writing and a shit character

From my understanding of Kylo Ren, I think I understand character arcs well enough to understand that Rey isn't strong, he's just weak

It's not uncommon in Star Wars that the main characters has arcs over their entire respective trilogies, so I won't judge harshly on Rey's arc in this movie because it's essentially likewise to that of ANH and TPM

wrong

again, you miss the fact that in each movie in the OT, Luke fails many times and is actually a deep and complex character despite the fact that he is basically the oldest stereotype in story telling

Rey never fails once, at anything, ever. The one time she is captured, it's more like she is just infiltrating their base because she has vastly more power than anyone she comes in contact with at any point

>waaaaaaah I hate the prequels so much!
>they're not muh space adventures with guns and alien bandits!!!
>waaaah why are there politics in muh star wars movie I just wanted to feel nostalgic and see muh old original trilogy actors again!!
>I hate this jar jar binks guy he's so annoying waaaah he ruined the prequels!
go choke on a dick faggots

I'm not wrong

Sure, Luke fails a trillion times before he miraculously fails once again

This is how TFA is different, because it's a fresh change of pace
This is why I'm pointing to the name of the movie, "The Force Awakens". Rey is clouded in enough mystery for us to have no idea why she suddenly has these powers.
This is, in fact the exact same reason why an evil power such as Darth Vader would "suddenly" (much like Rey "suddenly" has powers) like Luke, because of overarching elements crossing over the entire trilogy.

Don't bullshit me in saying Luke does not have an arc spanning over his entire trilogy

obviously there is an arc over the trilogy as a whole, my point is each film stands alone as well, unlike TFA which just presents a godlike character with no explanation and no arc.

fuck you faggot, episode 2 is my favorite prequel. episode 1 is pretty shit though. TFA was decent but can't get over the tranny lead

why are people that bash the prequels (a childrens movie) so unbelievably autistic as if they have to write an essay each post to prove to the world that they have found the mysterious secret that the prequels had flaws
Literally anyone who is not a manchild does not give a fuck

>It was basically just a New Hope remake to get old ass Gen Xers to see it so they could relive the 80's.
Gen-X saw the original Star Wars when it was released in 1977, re-released in 1997, and watched it on VHS or laserdisc. They had no desire to see yet another shitty Star Wars movie.

The horribleness of TFA is due to a bankruptcy of ideas in Hollywood that results in a fear of taking any sort of risk with an original story.

Disney will milk the Star Wars cow until it lactates dust. However, to anyone who liked the original two or three movies, Star Wars is dead and all future Disney Star Wars films should be avoided.

Apologize.

I liked it a lot and still do. Yea it could of been way better if it didn't play safe but Disney bought this franchise for a lot so you could already see this coming from the trailer. Episode 8 on the other hand only has ATT on a lego box but people are going crazy over that. its weird how hivemind and bandwagons work.

There should have never been any star wars movies after the initial three. Continuously redoing a arthurian space opera over and over again reminds people its shit.

Also, no one ever, EVER liked Luke. Dont know where fucks got this idea from. Everyone hated Luke and loved Han.

I liked the one earth-tone alien with the wide-set, squinty eyes and droopy mouth. It really stood out from the rest. Very memorable!

>Everyone hated Luke and loved Han.
I don't think so. All of the characters from the original Star Wars were fairly likable. Most people did not like Luke as much as Han Solo but they didn't hate Luke.

Contrast how much people like or dislike Luke Skywalker with how much people like or dislike Wesley Crusher or Jar Jar Binks.

Go back to the Luke betting thread.
People like Luke as he exists arced over three movies. People like Han as he existed in only IV and V.

These movies haven't been good since the 80's. When will Hollywood get back to making films for adults?

Look at how massive the grosses dropped from TFA to Rogue One. Disney has fucked itself with this franchise. Peter Pan manbabies BTFO

ahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>no it wasnt

Very cool!

This. Also, Jar Jar was non-existent in Eps 2 and 3, you old fuck Gen Xers

>Rey will not be tempted by the dark side (shes a le girl and the Force is Female)
>Rey will not face an significant challenge (its 2018 girls are empowered now...deal with it.)
>Rey will not find a partner (shes a strong independent woman and that is OK)
>Rey will not learn from any mistakes...because she will not make any (she is a role model for little girls everywhere)

and you'll all pay to see it each time

Yeah, why everyone hates return of the jedi. It ain't the ewoks, its that han didn't do anything.

is this pasta?

I think these days, I'm more favorable to Rogue One. Felicity gives a stellar performance, but it's hard to look away from Daisy Ridley, I'll tell you that much.

I actually do like Kylo Ren. I agree that it was wise to make a wannabe Vader rather than a Vader ripoff. I think his character is pretty much the only good idea in the whole movie, though. Rey doesn't seem clouded in mystery to me, she seems boring - mainly, I think, because TFA as a whole is so formulaic that it's hard to imagine the payoff of the mystery of her origin will be anything truly interesting, but also because her acting is off. I don't know whether this is her fault or that of the writers or director, but she comes off as a one-dimensional action hero rather than a talented woman who's spent her whole life living on a desert planet, which is what they seem to have been going for.
When you talk about "emotional scenes", I really can't think of any. The movie made me feel nothing other than a dull glazed-over sensation of watching a money grab. It didn't help that I never bought Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher as Han and Leia. Every time they were on screen, I just saw Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher, the actors.

I've realized my main problem with this movie isn't the rehashed parts, but that it's just fucking dumb.

>Felicity gives a stellar performance
Just saw that and I can't imagine what gave you that impression. Forest Whitaker was giving a great performance getting emotional and irrational asking her if she came to kill him. Then it cuts back to her and she has a dead expression and blandly says her dad sent her. It actually looked like those two performances were filmed separately.

Fuck off. The politics didn't even make any fucking sense and you know for damn sure that was the least of it's problems.

>Disney needed a villain that would be as menacing and iconic as Darth Vader.
>nooooooooooooooo it was snokeeeee who seduced our sooooooon
They really did a great job.
Snoke was also top notch.

Plot hole

>Poe is tasked with finding the map
>Gives map to Bb8
>Crashes back on jakku
>Appears in second half of movie for no reason
>Doesnt even complete his mission

What the fuck is even going on here. Like literally there was know way to trust finn at all. Didnt poe even think twice that finn could be a double agent to for the first order to find the map.

So many plot hole, scenes that dont make sense or add to the movie. Characters trusting people they barely know without any credibility .

Politics did make a lot of sense. A big, bloated government that cant protect its citizens and planets that are tired of the republic inefficiency in local matters such as trade disputes and taxation.

It takes a real fuckin idiot to not understand that the republic was not perfect and people wanted to leave.

>George Lucas write s sscript wher Palpatine can take over because everyone is stupid and inept.
>Great story

ah, yes, the prequel "problems"
>omg "I hate sand" what a retarded thing to say!! prequels=ruined
>omg shitty early 2000s CGI how is it possible?? it's not like CGI was around for like 5 years at the time and they literally had nothing else to work with apart from a bunch of practical effects puppets that wouldve made the whole thing look cheap and dated!! prequels=ruined!!!

This seems like obvious bait. Like "pretending to be a disney shill for (you)s" pasta.

Describe the plot and story of any one prequel movie

everything to do with Geonosis is more interesting than anything that happens in TFA.

Fresh new pasta

How are people just realizing this?

Well it is a fuckin great story and played out well for palpatine.

Palpatine is a true villain that had his grand goal of becoming the emperor of the galaxy realized. There is no villain in movie history that achieved what palpatine did.