Stock Market happening thread

>S&P and other major indices tank 2.57% in one trading session
>Cutting through all of the newly formed bullish trend lines like butter
>Confirming the most recent bearish downtrend line
>Nobody on Sup Forums talking about it

Shiggy Diggy

>Dow logs nearly 400-point drop
marketwatch.com/story/us-stock-futures-tilt-lower-with-oil-prices-fed-speakers-in-focus-2016-09-09
>Fed governor's talk of a surprise Fed tightening creates massive sell-off
marketwatch.com/story/how-gundlachs-fed-tightening-talk-set-stage-for-a-stock-bond-market-meltdown-2016-09-09
>China-backed North Korea's nuclear test causing strained US & UN trade relations
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-09-09/un-threatens-fresh-sanctions-on-north-korea-after-nuclear-test
>China housing bubble & oil
finance.yahoo.com/news/stocks-crushed-heres-know-200000903.html
>Saudi Arabia threatens to liquidate US bonds if bill allowing 9/11 lawsuits against Saudi Arabia passes
nytimes.com/2016/09/10/us/politics/house-911-victims-saudi-arabia.html?_r=0

Other urls found in this thread:

sofi.com/studentloanrefinancing
studentdebtrelief.us/forgiveness/hillary-clinton-student-loan-forgiveness-plan/
investopedia.com/ask/answers/06/septworstmonth.asp
zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-09/obama-faces-humiliation-after-house-unanimously-passes-bill-allowing-sept-11-lawsuit
nbcnews.com/news/us-news/house-oks-bill-allow-9-11-victims-families-sue-saudi-n645591
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck off
I will not listen Sup Forums for economical tips again

The bubble can only remain inflated for so long. More concerning (and what could well be driving current fears) is not so much the chance that the fed will hike rates, but rather that the world reserve currency shifting away from the US dollar. Talks are scheduled for October to potentially put just that in motion.

Capitalism is also known as regifting. Capitalism is a Zombie motherfucker that resembles that dry crusty fruitcake nobody wants. It goes around and around. Interest spikes the tiniest bit? Oops. Literal quadrillions in repackaged derivatives cause chaos. Why can corporations ask people to invest in them? What do they invest in? What else gets these investments? We are seen as straw men. And corporations are literal human beings

Soros shorts how long ago? You are surprised or something?

>pullback from all time highs is a happening
>trend lines mattering on a macroeconomic scale

I'm investing in investment of A who is investing in B who is investing in C who is investing in D who is investing in E who is....
Modern economics in a nutshell

They have been trying to stop it from collapsing until Obama got out of office. The Fed has been out of control, 0% interest rates and quantitative easing made a huge bubble that will pop and may even cause a depression when it does.

>Taking any advice without a grain of salt and your own due diligence

Why

Not surprised, I've been setting up for this trade for two months now.

>Citation needed

>stock market dips
>hurp durp it's going to buuurrrnnn
I remember during the oil dip when Sup Forums was predicting the world economy would collapse three times a month.
>listening to economic advice from an anonymous forum
You deserve it

9/14/2016

>Fed hints at raising interest rates
>stock market shits itself

yep, this economy is totally sustainable

And what is this bubble? Do you idiots even know what a bubble is?

I invest into a company (give it cash to operate with) which invests the cash selling goods & services and making revenue.

Not sure what you're aiming at. Are you trying to make it sound like a bad thing?

o shit

I wouldn't say all out crash. Maybe something similar to 2008. As soon as bond yields start looking more attractive institutions are definitely dumping equity in mass to get those sweet sweet corporate bond yields

Most likely it's in the Bond market. What is gonna pop it...no one knows. China, subprime auto, Deuche Bank in Germany being insolvent...lots of shot out there ready to pop it...hell fear of the fed might do it. If we keep declining on Monday. Look out

The excuse is because the Fed might actually increase interest rates.

The talk is September and December increases. If that is all and stocks have fallen so much, the economy really is bad.

I'm sure they'll try to crash the economy when Trump is President.

>Startup privatizing student loans and repackaging them as securities
sofi.com/studentloanrefinancing

>Hillary Clinton's plan to refinance student loans to below market rates
studentdebtrelief.us/forgiveness/hillary-clinton-student-loan-forgiveness-plan/

Instantly student loan securities are worth $0 on a balance sheet

I was a shill for hill now I'm a chump for Trump.

>Clearly more than merely increasing interest rates

gfy

>mfw shorted the NASDAQ 100 at 4,818 via an inverse ETF

Fuck I'm good. I'm a filthy Australian too so when the market drops and the American dollars rises, I'm going to profit doubly when I bring the shekels back into Aussiedollaryroos.

Too bad I fucked up by not selling my BHP shares. Oh well, we'll see what Monday brings.

Sorry my phone died I wanted to get back this thread; what do you think about peak silver breaking the barriera while back? I've been stocking up on silver, ammo, and gold in that order. The ammo is for the hoardes of people if they start starving/raiding.

My brother is an investment banker and all the questionnaires for any trading platform ask about "family in the financial industry" and so I don't want to sign up.

Silver is first and foremost an industrial metal. It's more volatile than Gold, which is a good and a bad thing depending on which side of the trade you are.

The peak silver meme has been around since 2010 and a lot of people were burned buying at $30-$50 in 2011.

Hold off precious metals until the rate rise and market meltdown, then go in at $9 for silver and $800-$900 for Gold.

Facebook had a surge of climbing and then made a nearly straight drop today unlike anything I've seen in a while

Won't precious metals already be going up as the market goes down, I'm primarily buying as a backup for currency devaluation more so than investment. Silver is up like 4$ above spot price I paid for the majority of my stash. Nothing crazy right now about 1k in silver.

It's because their revenue stream is from investment banking and marketing that doesn't give a return worth a shit. Literally a terrible advertising platform unless you have a product or event that is going big either way.

I tried to short the FANG stocks individually from here in Australia, but I couldn't find an instrument specific enough with my broker. So I just bought an inverse ETF.

I'll be honest, I know fuck all about technical analysis. All I know is that a lot of these companies were worth fuck all in 2008, or simply weren't being traded. Now they are at all time highs and I'm willing to throw the dice.

It doesn't take a genius to understand that QE1, QE2, QE3 all went into the stock market.

Watch the rate hike and collapse when Trump gets in. He's going to be their scapegoat.

Rofl. This happens every year. It is well known among investors that September is the worst stock month of the year.

t. Institutional investor who gets buttmad every year because the fiscal year ends on 9/10 and it fucks my trust payments.

Then you can do some share buybacks. Fiat money is all an interest payment. ONLY. And why the fuck would companies ever lower prices or raise wages in that environment but for not just stuffing all our taxes into foreign umbrellas? DAAAAA HOW DIS BAD VOTE TRUMP WE NEED 25 TRILLION MORE IN DEBT MUH BROWNIES MUH SYRIA MUH POOTINE MUH BOOBY

The market will gain it all back by the closing bell on Thursday. Money comes and goes. The market goes up and it goes down. No one knows what they're talking about. If they did then they'd run everything. Everything. Everything.

>Won't precious metals already be going up as the market goes down

Nah, precious metals are an inflation play. The lowest gold has been in the last 5 years was when they raised rates in December 2015.

When the market goes down, it doesn't go to gold, it comes OUT of gold too into the US dollar.

Deflation 101 cunt.

What the Fed is going to do:

They'll raise rates to save face this year, the market will shit itself, Yellen the ghostly kike will get spooked and they'll start doing negative interest rates and helicopter money.

The Fed can't save wallstreet again, which is why I'm still meaning to acquire more Gold and Silver, just not at these prices.

Oil too. Delicious oil will be cheap as fuck, and you should all be ready on the sidelines waiting to get into an oil ETF at $18-$27 WTI

>Cutting through all of the newly formed bullish trend lines like butter
kek.... there were no trendlines dummy.

Do you really think the market will shit itself with a simple rate hike? Really? Really? For maybe a few hours or a few days, but the market will recover very quickly. It's been coming for a long time and it's expected. Why would any 'freak out' have any kind of bite?

What do autists know about dealing drugs?

The thing is our entire economy is propped up on pure shit. You think we can just keep going in debt while our trade deficit grows. I'm waiting fir the big crash where the oligarchy tries to put the trump presidency and the rise to power with all his followers back in their place. When everyone loses their homes and they clear the table they run. I want happening level sell offs, I don't know why.

>not wanting to watch it all burn

Already in a depression. This is just a continuation of 2007/2008. Workforce participation rates and other employment figures show this as do the home ownership median family incomes.

>yfw he's right
investopedia.com/ask/answers/06/septworstmonth.asp

Because the market freaked the fuck out after the first rate rise, and we were supposed to get FOUR rate rises this year. How many did we get? It's obvious that the Federal Reserve was scared to raise because of the repercussions.

America is almost due for another recession and the interest rates are near historical lows. They aren't going to have room to cut when it hits.

Yeah and that market 'freak out' lasted a whole week.

everything depends on the interest rates.

IF they'll rise you will see a collapse.
IF not, nothing will happen.

And the market peeled 4% off oil.
MFW holding DWTI.

Bumping for interest.

a huge correction/crash is imminent, it should have happened already but as aussie/emu poster already said the feds don't dare to raise the rates too fast because they understand the repercussions.

IF they should raise them this month just buy and DJI or S&P 500 ETF/tracker and enjoy the free ride up and earn 10% or more without stockpicking

In Australia, the reserve bank interest rate sat around 5-7%, that's of course after we had the recession Paul Keating said we needed to have where the rates were 17%+. Now magically over the 3 years, the rates have fallen to 1.5%.

And even at that low rate, nothing grows, no one buys on the cheap

Everything is fucked at this point in time

>Obama couldn't do in 8 years what Reagan did in less than 4 including the recession itself
And people accuse Trump of using "Reaganomics"? Why is that seen as bad?

Do you expect the price of silver to drop?

I've been collecting it, but I've been doing so at he usua current prices.

>thinks precious metals will go down with the market at the start when literally anytime there's an ounce of volatility in the market you see them both shoot up and the only thing keeping them from going to the moon has been central bank suppression

Come on Aussbro

How do you short the American student debt market as a retail investor?

Which inverse etfs did you buy?

meh its just the regular "October happening"

This is why Soros shorted the USD by buying gold

Gold went down in 2008 m8. When a crisis hits traditionally everyone runs to the dollar.

It's deflation. The only reason to own gold is if you think there is going to be an inflationary environment, which I do, but not just yet.

PSQ NYSE. It's not an aussie ETF, you have to get an international account via your broker to trade it.

Bingo, once something actually starts happening precious metals will skyrocket.

The biggest difference was in 2008 they were flooding everything with QE inflating the dollar and cash. Also a HUGE difference between now and 2008 is now there's actually alternatives to the dollar. A lot of speculation towards what may cause the incoming US recession or depression is the fact that China now has their gold back yuan that they're trying to get countries to use as an international currency leading to their being an alternative to the dollar that actually has something backing it besides pure fictional value.

Is the exposure like a regular equity short or is it like taking a long position but the index is reversed? What I'm asking is is my liability infinite or the amount I invest?

Which broker do you use? I currently use CommSec.

>stock market happening
>market moves 2%

we're really grasping at straws for happenings these days.

There is no need to argue with me, what I'm saying is that there will be a 30% to 40% pullback in gold before the next takeoff above $1900.

It's really not that unrealistic considering Gold was at $1050 at the start of the year.

You need to get your shit straight about deflationary recessions being beneficiary for gold though, because it's just not the case. Gold is a danger play, yes, but ordinary people rightly or wrongly prefer to stay in dollars during market corrections.

Stagflation is another game entirely.

You need to stop reading Peter Schiff and learn that you need to be exposed to different asset classes at different points in history.

Utilize a stop loss and you'll be fine. The NASDAQ 100 would have to go 9,000 before you lost all your money and start owing shekels

>What the Fed is going to do:
Yellen will choke. Again. Rate unchanged.

Eventually she will have an emotional episode and rate them by 75 points out of the blue. But it will have to be in the wake of some emotional triggerring, like say, Trump getting elected, or loads of her nursing home friends suddenly dying of some flu or whatever.

So what happens when the interest rates are negative and the next recession hits?

Is anyone else aware of the economy taking a dive around election time? I was listening to someone point this out. It's happened for the last four or five elections. It's probably safe to assume if there's going to be any sort of economic happening it will be closer to the election?

I'm a real n00b for economics so I don't expect to be as articulate in my technical terms and understanding.

OK, so gold and silver will deflate?

If yes, by how much, and in how long?

I need some honest input here, please, no bullshit, thank you.

The market dropped because of record market levels. It also dropped because wallstreet is taking trump more seriously.

nobody fucking knows

>dow still above 18k
>was 10k in 2010
>massive upswing in 8 years
>drops only 400 poins

this is hardly a crash

Let's hope the saudis (shit be upon them) are screwing Hillary:

zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-09/obama-faces-humiliation-after-house-unanimously-passes-bill-allowing-sept-11-lawsuit

Oh shit, it is already at 2.45% in the negative in the past three months.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

it wont pass the senate

The circled green areas are the first profit targets

It already did, I think sometime in May 2016, it now goes to the President.

nbcnews.com/news/us-news/house-oks-bill-allow-9-11-victims-families-sue-saudi-n645591

I did some digging, I found out silver was affected by the Debt Ceiling Crisis in the US in 2011 and the European soverign debt crisis.

August – Stock exchanges worldwide suffer heavy losses due to the fears of contagion of the European sovereign debt crisis and the credit rating downgraded as a result of the debt-ceiling crisis of the United States.