I still don't understand who sent him to kill Bran

I still don't understand who sent him to kill Bran

The writers.

the guy who paid him to do so

No one gives a fuck

sage & hide

Joffery. Book theory is that LF game him the idea to do it.

Littlefinger he even admits it.

It was Jamie and Cersi, they talk about it in the 2nd ep.

Its possible Little Finger was lying when he said he lost the knife to Tyrion, knowing he wasn't there to defend himself. Of maybe Tyrion latter gave Cat's Paw to Jamie.

In the books Tyrion and Jamie suspect it was Jeoffery.

Jeoffery?

In the books it's suspected by Jamie and Tyrion that Jeoffery ordered it because he overheard his (not) father drunkenly rambling on to his subordinates about how killing someone who was crippled like Bran was would be a mercy.

Being a sociopath who craves daddy's attention but never gets it, he tries to have Bran killed.

>In the books,

We're on Sup Forums. Fucking bookfags.

>Its possible Little Finger was lying when he said he lost the knife to Tyrion
In season 7 he confesses that the knife belonged to him and he was the one who orchestrated the whole thing. Jaime and Cersi do talk about it in season 1, but I think we're to assume LF was the one who convinced them to go through with the assassination and clearly he's the one who actually hired the dude since he gave him his knife.

>It was Jamie and Cersi
You're wrong. Its made to make it seem like they did it.

whoever sent him to kill Bran on the books did it on the show too, you disgusting newfag

in the books it's also hinted that LF did it. That's a theory between Jaime and Tyrion, but they don't have the full picture. It's more likely it was LF trying to get the Starks and Lannisters at each other's throats to destabilize the realm.

To the people saying its Jaime and Cersei, are you fucking retarded? We get POV chapters in the later books. They are both the most likely suspects but later we know they didn't do it.

what would he gain from the assassination? why?

Joffrey

No fag, even Season 1 deviates from the central plot at some points.

Turns the Starks on the Lannisters, further adding credibility to Cat's Sister's claim that the (((Lannisters))) killed Jon Arryn. Pete just wanted the Vale.

I think it was Jaime and Cersei who orchestrated the thing though. I don't remember him confessing to trying to kill Bran, but I get why'd do something like that.

chaos is a ladder

man you're too retarded for even game of plebs. kys.

why would they want to kill him he was a chuld of no value
just dumb random writings to make it seem like it matters

>why would they want to kill him he was a chuld of no value
he caught them fucking you moron

*you fucking moron

>Book theory is that LF game him the idea to do it.
That's good and all, but LF wasn't even in Winterfell at this point.
Now, the real reason is because Joffrey wanted to please his father, by sparring Bran from his misery.

this. explaining joffrey's responsibility was too complicated for the show, so they just blamed littlefinger.

A really cunning plan

How could it be littlefinger if he was all the way in kings landing? He couldn't of hired a guy and then give him the knife in the time between him finding out about brand fall and brand attempted assassination

Brans*

joffrey

The show says it was Joffrey, in the books Joffrey is suspected but it might have also been Mance Rayder.

if you watch the preston vids, he's super fucking convinced that it was bloodraven warging people and making them do it. i can't remember who he decided was the puppet.

but he's got a huge boner for bloodraven and attributes dozens of character actions to his influence, which diminishes any sort of human drama and autonomy so take it with a grain of salt.

I think it was either Joffery or Cercei. The former as given by the book theory that it was a clumsy way for the little sociopath to get into his fathers good graces, and the latter because of what Bran saw and, as shown later in the books, Cercei is vicious and spiteful but inept.

Littlefinger likely got word from his spies and wove a tale to help try and drive a wedge between the Starks and the crown.

>That's good and all, but LF wasn't even in Winterfell at this point.
He used his jetpack to go in and out stealth mode, come on.

Not this one, for him it's LF or Mance Rayder, and it's purely political in nature for both character.

>acting like the books matter
>on a board for television
There is LITERALLY a whole seperate board for books. Now fuck off

"Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?"