>Despicable Me
>a piece of dog shit
>Despicable Me 2
>The Secret Life of Pets
>Minions
>Hop
>uncontrollable bowel movements
>The Lorax

I predict that Sing will be between TSLoP and Minions.

I still can't believe The Lorax is a real movie.

How so? Personally Hop felt more unreal. I don't even remember seeing it get announced anywhere.

Such fucking terrible films

Despicable Me and 2 are legitimately good films. The Minions are fucking dog shit however, dog shit that sells mind you, but still dogshit.

I've literally never heard of Hop.

Didn't they also make Sing? Or is that not out yet? I've only seen Despicable Me 1 and 2 and The Lorax movie. All three of those are really mediocre. The Despicable Me movies were mostly inoffensive, not great but not painfully bad, and The Lorax was mostly bad for the stories behind it and how badly they fucked up following the original and missing the point so hard. A friend of mine saw Pets and said it was eh, okay. I think I almost caught the beginning of Hop on tv last year but the person I was with changed the channel and it didn't feel worth it to ask them to switch back.

So, yeah, it's really hard to rate when I just do not care about anything this studio comes out with.

>Despicable Me
>Despicable Me 2
>The Secret Life of Pets
>Minions
>Hop
>The Lorax

It's not out yet as far as I know

Was the Lorax marketing just corporations being corporations or was it actually some meta shit that was done on purpose?

I really hope it wasn't on purpose. What would be the point, irony?

I guess.

I was watching the movie the other day and there's a scene where they set up the Lorax to hold up a thneed so they could take a picture and pretend the thing is Lorax-approved. You know, like half the shit that got marketed with the Lorax's name.

>god tier
Despicable Me

>good tier

Despicable Me 2

>shit tier

Hop
The Lorax
Minions
The Secret Life of Pets

>TFW you know The Lorax is shit tier but you unironically like it

>I'm sorry
At least you're self-aware, lol.

For the record I think their best is probably the first Despicable Me, and I didn't even like that all that much. Only other one I've seen is The Lorax, which was downright abysmal.

I thought they were just behind the animation, but after looking into it, turns out they were involved creatively as well.

Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2 when it focused on Gru and the kids was like the one thing it had going

The three girls are way better than Minions, this studio just panders to the lowest common denominator.

Illumination is just a studio like the ones that make knockoff movies you see at the bin in wal mart, but got lucky once.

Say what you want about Minions, but the way their language is constructed is kinda interesting. It's made from a combination of three or four different real-world languages and there's pattern with the sequence of words - Langauge A, Language B, Language C, Language D, Language A etc.

t. some girl I met for coffee once that somehow got to talking about Minion language after the topic of the movie "Arrival" came up and how it handles the subject of language

Despicable Me movies are good, only hipsters hate them. You go on Facebook purposefully looking for Minion memes because you like being outraged and miserable, you cunt.

OP here, I don't hate any of the movies in their lineup

I mean most are kinda bad but not something that makes me lose sleep. If anything I think they're so bad they're good and I hope the studio improves.

I think that's the common consensus. I look forward to Despicable Me 3.

>imaging that conversation
>talking about kino with a girl
>she brings up a flick
I'm so sorry user

It's OK, I went to her apartment the next day and found out she owns a copy of this kino. She's not completely far gone.

I love this post
Arrival was good up til the end when Jeremy Renner just somehow completely forgets how to deliver lines. "WANNA MAKE A BABY?"

That one movie from the creators of Despicable Me was alright but, gosh, let me tell you people, that movie from the creators of Despicable Me? Fucking SUCKED

>Despicable Me
>Despicable Me 2
>Minions
>The Secret Life of Pets
>Lorax
>Hop

I think a few key changes could have made it good.

Ditch the midget villain and the retarded air plot and you're halfway there already.

To be honest I actually liked the change they made to the Onceler

It wasn't properly written but I can see there was an attempt at fleshing him out more and in my opinion that's alright.

A character that starts out well-intentioned and ends up as a greedy fucker is more relatable than one who was greedy from the beginning, so I don't know why people say the original version beat the adaptation on that aspect. People forget the original Once-ler was an allegory to greedy corporations, he wasn't meant to have much of a character out of that, and he didn't really need it. The movie on the other hand had 1:30 hrs to fill, shit needs to be expanded.

I literally forgot Hop was a thing.

I actually did like the original Despicable Me, it's really cute. That only makes the Minions gang rape that was everywhere even worse, I used to like this franchise.