Can we have a /cozy/ Batman V Superman appreciation thread? Just posting and talking about stuff in the movie we like

Can we have a /cozy/ Batman V Superman appreciation thread? Just posting and talking about stuff in the movie we like.

If you don't like it, hey, that's okay, just go find another thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/189876347
youtube.com/watch?v=g5lk_PYF0jA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You are really a fucking shill arent you? Let this flick die.

sage

please let this meme die

both sides are absolutely insuffereable

>If you don't like it, hey, that's okay, just go find another thread.

I wish we could but some people don't know how to leave well enough alone.

What's going on bros

yep

i love the costumes in this movie. i think batman's BvS suit might be the best batsuit ever

Wayne heading head first into the fray at the beginning was awesome.

Ignore them, it's funny watching them talk to themselves

>movie starts with a funeral that destroys bruce's faith in humanity
>ends with a funeral that restores his faith in humanity

>caesar's wife wife tells clark that words won’t stop Batman, and that only a fist will.
>Bruce is halted from killing Superman by a single word.

>Lois ponders if Clark can be Superman and love her.
>Clark tells Lois he loves her before ceasing to be.

Ok, lets be fair here.

As a FAN of the movies, what you didnt liked about them?

Be honest, it is pretty easy to point things that you dont like or mistakes on your favorite movies, and there is no problem at all with this.

that's awesome, those last two had never occurred to me before

>can we please have a hugbox where everyone agrees
No.

This is an appreciation thread

would've preferred a more traditional lex

more than anything i wish snyder would just go out and fucking talk about this stuff, try to clear the air with the perception of MoS and BvS

>>caesar's wife wife tells clark that words won’t stop Batman, and that only a fist will.
Well she wasn't his wife, but it's also notable that this is the reason Clark is quick to beat Batman down in their fight, which people never seem to get.

another relevant Joseph Campbell quote

>Out of perfection nothing can be made.

regarding superman. as in, we can't have him start out as the perfect entity he is in most of the comics. he needs to get there. clark needs to go through a journey to become SupermanTM

>dude repeating motiffs lmao

Why you keep making daily threads for this shit?

>DUDE I'm simply too stupid LMAO

While I didn't really like the movie overall, it's hard to argue that it doesn't look great, which I think is partly because of Larry Fong's involvement as cinematographer (he did Watchmen as well). I also think the designers did a hell of a job with costumes and most of the sets, especially that armored batsuit.

I could've done without Doomsday. I get that they had him for Death of Superman but I don't think he's necessary.
I wish Superman could have been given more lines. I appreciate what's being done, but I do like Superman to be open, and I hope he is allowed to be in the next movies.
The Jimmy thing was dumb.

I do love the movie though. Got it on blu-ray and everything.

Wasn't MoS supposed to be Clark's journey? Did that not count?

Lois is the key
Her ring is nth met

Enlighten me, Snyderfag.

This is why everybody hates you guys. Even Marvelfags arent so cancer.

the way snyder and terrio have described it is his hero's journey spans from Man of Steel to Justice League. so each movie contains it's own arc for him, he ultimately can only come into his own with his death and resurrection.

Besides the last one, these all seem purely coincedental.

Yeah, because Superman never did any of these superheroic things outside of Peace on Earth, right?

I really hope Justice League doesn't abandon too much of what we love about BvS in pursuit of audience and critical satisfaction.

I will never be as stupid as you.

Indeed, you're far more stupid than I am.

Things I liked

Batman suit
Warehouse scene
finally seeing Dc characters together
Batman beating Superman
Lex Luthor Speech at the party (showing his lack of self control)

Also, as I see people acusing Superheroes of being fascist (example: Alejandro Iñarritu), I understand the importance of bringing it to the stories.

Things I loved and hated at the same time
Lollypop scene

Sure he has, but it doesn't mean they are coincidence. Even if they are, it's cool to draw comparisons.

I liked that pretty much every time Clark was on screen he was talking about doing the right thing and ideals and who matters. Felt very Superman to me.

>No you
>Being this retarded
Sad!

More relevant Joseph Campbell:

>Dream is personalized myth, myth is depersonalized dream; both myth and dream are symbolic in the same general way of the dynamics of the psyche. But in the dream the forms are quirked by the peculiar troubles of the dreamer, whereas in myth the problem and solutions shown are directly valid for all mankind.

The film deals so overtly with myth and dreams, and we know Snyder is a fan of Joseph Campbell.

I know you are but what am I?

>deals so overtly with myth and dreams
It really doesn't. Merely having dreams and mythological elements in your movie isn't the same as addressing them.

I literally meant that the film has a lot of dream sequences and people talk about mythology and in mythical terms. I wasn't making a point about the symbolism or allegory of the movie.

Snyder has dream sequences ALL THE TIME on his movies because he is a fan of "moments" and non linear stories, stop exagerating.

And it is extremelly hard and not indicated to rely so much on dream sequences on your movies. This is why stuff like Sucker Punch sucks.

Do you have any more grids/images/infographics?

Nigga post these at least 3 times a day on this board.

From when Japan had an early screening

I really hope we get Tim Drake in the Batman solo movie

I wish that Japan had liked those films more, there are a fuck ton of Nip Avengers art, but barely any DCEU.

>1108
Oh I really like this little tidbit. Clearly someone gave a shit and I feel that needs to be appreciated.

vimeo.com/189876347

lex is a horseman of apokolips
He work's for darkseid

Horse motifs are used a lot in bvs

maybe it's the mozart but this video always gets me a little emotional

One of the earliest reports about the movie is that it was going to be partly based on Peace on Earth. I don't think these are coincidental.

While I certainly think BvS has a lot of flaws and stuff, I have to give it props for at least trying. Its so clear that people involved gave a shit about this story (except for maybe the higher up WB execs).

It had some interesting themes, ideas and portrayals, which I would strongly argue weren't executed well enough. Nevertheless, there must be some appreciation for a meaningful attempt.

Thanks OP.
Favorite DCEU scenes so far...

>> "Krypton had it's chance"
Tragic powerful moment, shot of the scout ship banking downwards was really well done CGI wise really gave you the impression Lois was genuinely soaring above the city.
Music for that moment is phenomenal and thankfully I finally found it online...
0:57 to 1:57
youtube.com/watch?v=g5lk_PYF0jA

>> Lois & Clark saying goodbye to each other before Faora arrives.

>> Clark taking Doomsday into space & holding on to Doomsday even after he sees the nuke coming.

>> "I love you, this is my world, you are my world"

>> Batman rescuing Martha.

Notice how 4/5ths of them are Superman moments? Anyone who says Snyder hates Superman can go to hell.

Is this worth watching? Fans trying to be intellectual always makes me cringe.

it's 4 minutes dude, just watch it.

Remember the plotline dedicated entirely to transparently marketing four other movies directly to your stupid face?

Jesus Amy is fucking sexy!

It's like 5 minutes man. Just watch it and decide for yourself.

then come back here and discuss it because i'm eager for interesting thoughts

everyone acknowledges that was a mistake

No they don't, they don't even talk about it.

Second best dc girl

Ssssshhhhhh

This is a "safespace" thread.

If we get Carrie I'm gonna strangle someone

Thats every DCEU thread user

Who is that?
And Traue is #1

Ok, I watched it. I think a few of them are a stretch, but considering Snyder is super religious and majored in art history I think most of it is intentional. I really do think this movie is totally misunderstood by normal people and critics because they went in wanting/expecting to see a standard superhero movie and didn't get one.

Not BvS, but I noticed this a long time ago.

>That Ultra Comics In The Bottom Right

What is there to talk about? It's stupid and never should have been in the movie. If WB didn't force Snyder to inject a bunch of JL lead up and let him focus on the conflict between Batman and Superman the movie would have been amazing. I still like it though.

I just wanna say I think the blue lightning is kinda cool. People keep saying it clashes with the red suit but I don't agree. Blue and red always work well together, and it makes it more vibrant this way. Yellow lightning is great too, but I'm liking DCEU Flash.

And he's still super fucking red even in a darkly lit room so that's nice.

I'm down for Armie Hammer as Hal, but he'd be better as Captain Marvel.

Actually every DCEU thread is a shitstorm.

For Superman's suit.
Use...
>> The BVS blue
>> The BVS texture
>> The MOS buckle, the black waist & wrist bands to contrast from the blue instead of blending with it like it did in BVS.
>> Tone down the groin lines to non existence like they where in MOS.

I hate the dulled yellow and white

He had the choice of making it on post credits, but didn't wanted to be compared to Marvel.

Still, a bunch of Snyderfags here defend the "major significance" of the scene.

His lighting was red/yellow in BvS, so maybe it's color depends on how powerful he is at that point. He's still a novice in JL, but in BvS he was time traveling from the future.

>He had the choice of making it on post credits, but didn't wanted to be compared to Marvel.
Source? Nolan was the one who said no credits scenes, Snyder wanted one in BvS but he put the kaibosh on it. The JL shit was clearly mandated by WB, Snyder doesn't have that much pull.

Superman absolutely needed more happy scenes in BVS prior to the senate bombing, him, Lois & Martha eating dinner would have been nice and added to the ladies interaction at the end.

Seems appropriate, the DCEU is a shitstorm.

Who else DC Cinematic reddit here?

Thanks guys for linking the thread, enjoying it so far.

Go away, that place is pathetic.

>Lois & Martha eating dinner would have been nice and added to the ladies interaction at the end.

yeah that's a cool idea, problem is the movie is so fucking long as it is. aside from the JL cameos i don't know what could be cut to make room for some of the character moments like that we would've liked to see.