When the space-dust finally settles, where will we all agree that this fits into the startrek pantheon before which...

when the space-dust finally settles, where will we all agree that this fits into the startrek pantheon before which? thanks Sup Forums.

so bad it wont even be considered trek

Memes aside, I'm glad they finally got a woman of color on a show with a largely undiverse fanbase. Pretty brave if you ask me.

It's worse than the JJ trek movie with Bendadick Cuckoldland.

They should of made Glen from the walking dead the captain.

Asians don't get diversity casting pity points because they don't chimp out about it like nogs do, since they have better things to do like being doctors or causing traffic accidents.

jesus fucking christ.
please go back to your containment board Sup Forums

except when they keep their thick accent for no reason, like this show. then shes a hero.

Blacks are over-represented in television and film because they make the most noise. Asians are among the most under represented because they are typically concerned with more important and productive things than whether or not a character on television looks like them.

Truth hurts.

Tell us how he's wrong you hypersensitive little cunt

> I don't want to see them so they're over represented

DS9>TNG>TOS>ENT>VOY>>>STD

Janeway is ecstatic her show is no longer the worst.

Funny how everyone is a Trek-Expert when a new show comes out, yet being a trekie still carries a social stigma the rest of the time.

one dimensional, bland vanilla main character with a douchebag attitude

ooh and she is a chimp

yes. all your failures are because of muh norities. sure sure. nice excuse gas pumper..

Nope. They are statistically more present in television/media made in the US than they are in the United States itself. That's a fact.
I haven't said anything about myself, or even made comments about actual race issues, I'm just talking about casting in TV shows.

>we want the JJ-verse audience

Didn't those movies bomb?

The third one was unironically, not memeing, actually kino. It was what I wanted in the Star Trek JJ-verse. They should have gotten Justin Lin in the beginning.

Should I invest my time in this or the Orville?

the same bad humor and douchebag main character

I like the story of the Kunta Kinte Klingon, i would love seeing more about him gathering the different tribes