youtube.com/watch?v=YpGSHYGBVOU
youtube.com/watch?v=orpnQSuZGeg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ITT: fuck you it's shit but retards like it

Fuck you, I like it too.

Not Another Teen Movie
29% RT
55% user score.
Truly baffling that critics and users didn't love it.

Retard with no opinion

I don't really understand how anyone likes this show.

Lmao Orville is d e a d

Fuck me, I like it.

It's better than STD, that's for sure

It's a good show and is more like OG Startrek than modern Startrek.

This

After 5 episodes of both The Orville and STD I'll make a judgement of which is the true Star Trek series.

I wouldn't get attached to The Orville since it'll most likely be cancelled after a season. At least Netflix will ensure a few seasons of STD at least.

What does STD have to do with this show's quality? I don't get it.

>STD cast and crew make tons of public SJW posts
>Orville advertised as a comfy and lighthearted alternative to Star Trek
>STD ends up being politically neutral and good
>Orville ends up being an SJW shitfest
And Sup Forums goes into severe damage control mode for backing the wrong horse.

I like it. It may have childish humour and not be especially original but it's pretty comfy and inmensely watchable, unlike other space shows I could mention.

It'll never be good because it won't escape the shadow of Star Trek. Everyone who likes it instantly draws some comparison like "It's better than STD" or "It's awesome and reminds me of (insert favorite Trek)". The universe is moving on and everyone is still hanging back munching on their member berries.

Damage control.

It has a decent script. Nice cinematography and colors. And in general it has a positive story with positive emotions.

It's a good show. I enjoy it, I really don't give a fuck what anyone says. I'm watching it every week. And sure as fuck am not paying CBS 10 bucks a month to watch STD

"having to like shit shows because the lowest common denominator favours them", the post.

>And in general it has a positive story with positive emotions.
>That entire third episode

>In general
Not
>Absolute
Also, let's be honest, if they won in ep3, it would be named as SJW propaganda.

>entire episode focusing on gender issues
>not SJW

It's objectively not very good. I'm watching it for now because I like this kind of thing but let's not pretend this is some kind of masterpiece, come on now. The critics are correct: it's not funny enough to be a comedy and not clever enough to be good science fiction.

No, it's not. If you watched Family guy closely, you'd noticed that it's all about family values. Same in Orville. Moral of 3rd episode was not about view on gender problems, here it ended on stalemate. Moral of story was about a parent's love to child. It's not SJW, it's a pure family things. Nothing unexpected from a guy behind Family guy, which is, behind all fart, homo, racist jokes is still about simple lessons of friendship and family values.

youtube.com/watch?v=aBb0hyuIfYQ

STD is awful - Face it

>Yes, shut up goy and enjoy (((Star Trek)))

Seriously, fuck you!

% critic score on RT
% user score
The good ol' DCEU syndrome

Go be a nigger somewhere else please

Great argument

I liked it more after episode 2. The worst part are the comedy scenes. That small bits of humor between characters here and there can be good, but every scene that was mainly written for comedic purposes fell flat to me. Not a big fan of the stuttering awkwardness shtick. It feels tacked on and it probably is, half because the Seth McFarlane couldn't get away from comedy even if he wanted to and half so they can always fall back on "it's a parody" when CBS comes knocking because an episode ripped off a little too much.

just ignore the jokes

nothing, just sperglords can't find something to like for it's own merit so they'll pretend to like it for the sake of hating on it's competition.

see every marvel/dc shitposting thread.

>If you watched Family guy closely, you'd noticed that it's all about family values

I'm guessing critics rated it so low because of the contrarian "family guy and anything associated with it is bad" mindset, and since Seth is the creator they gave it a really low score so they can keep their contrarian points

you say that like seth has a good track record, outside of early family guy and american dad everything else he's done is trash.

I actually like Orville so far but went into with zero expectations because of this.

this

He worked on the good seasons of Johnny Bravo.

10/10 review

They rated it low because it isn't very good.

by all means keep shilling this opinion on every Orville thread. I like the show and i'll continue to watch it. it DOES stand on its own merits, these merits have been discussed throughout this thread... The fact that STD is a fucking train wreck is a separate issue as far as i'm concerned.

STD is getting trashed by fans now

youtube.com/watch?v=aBb0hyuIfYQ
Dave Cullen review

Roundtable discussion

It's fucking shit and no amount of your shilling and hating on all of us who like Orville instead, will EVER change that.

it really is.... sums up STD to a T

What does STD have to do with Orville's quality?

Nothing

Nothing obviously, whats you point?

>this lack of self awareness

>if they won in ep3, it would be named as SJW propaganda

Kind of a shame that you can't have a sci-fi story that is based on something from real life without being 100% representative of that issue just to get your noggin joggin' a little anymore.

The only thing I had a problem with was that they got away with cherrypicking extreme cases from different species to prove that males and females were equal. I mean that one guy called them on their shit but I think we were supposed to still side with the crew on that one? Seemed like something the show should have addressed more.

No one is pretending to like it. Don't be this retarded

Yes, I dislike STD
I like Orville

What point to do you think you're making?

New episode tonight, hope it keeps the same feel as it did from the third episode

It does. I really appreciate how he mentioned that we don't mind having a female lead, but how terrible these female characters are. How they are so off putting that they don't build any comradery with their crew.

I appreciate him saying this so much because that is exactly how I felt about the show. I HATED the characters, especially the female leads. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't appreciate a good female lead. Like he said, we had Janeway, she was great. She inspired those around her, where these women just are nasty and unbelievable.

Critics are useless shits that shouldn't be paid for their shitty opinions?

What the hell? It's the best parody movie ever.

Scary Movie included.

Also first time I got to see nudity in a film

Then why do people keep bringing it up in Orville threads in particular when Orville's quality is questioned? I'm just confused, here.

dumb weeb

>How they are so off putting that they don't build any comradery with their crew.

Yes the other round-table review i'm watching mentions this again

It's getting fucking shat on by fans , left , right and center

Real shame though, we've been gagging for a Star Trek series for so long now... it's very disappointing but Orville will do for now and hope there will be improvements to that show, if seth can catch on to what is happening with how people feel about the new Trek, he could really clean house with Orville but I like what they are doing so far

>I mean that one guy called them on their shit but I think we were supposed to still side with the crew on that one?
That's the good part of the show. You're not supposed to be on a side of the crew in this trial. They don't force it much. In Enterprise episode with a Klingon court it was very clear who is right and who is wrong. Here "traditionalists" side had very strong and logical arguments on their side. And "progressive" side had a chance with different arguments, IMO, but they just was not qualified enough to actually win the process.

To compare how other shows in a similar genre are ALSO being reviewed, just incase there seems to be any biased from Critics in Hollywood. It's very relevant. Am I wrong here?

>objectively

Are you the same retard that was saying STD was objectively good? How the hell is entertainment judged objectively?

>listening to autist neckbeard reviews longer than the show itself

no thank you.

Identity politics. Thsi show somehow got wrapped up in alt-right autism and star trek is evil and liberal because a black girl is in it. I know, it's stupid, but that's what it is.

OK dont then, see if i care

>89% user score

that only means a lot of users scoring are soap opera fangirls and lady gaga dramaqueens

You've obviously never seen a Naked Gun movie

Fuck you hard up the ass, buddy, because I thought it was okay and I'm going to watch it to see where the stories goes.

I just realize last night why the Orville looks so familiar. The engines are laid out similarly to the Andromeda- which was another show based on Roddenberry's concepts. Coincidence? Or is Seth that much of a nerd?

>star trek is evil and liberal because a black girl is in it.
I'm not alt right at all. I vote democrat every election, and I thought she was terrible. Has absolutely nothing to do with her being black. It has to do with terrible writing, terrible story, terrible acting (partly because of writing), and an overall terrible character.

I'm getting sick of people plugging me as alt right because I didn't like this show. Like I said, I vote democrat every election.

Naked Gun is all over the place. For every amazing joke, there is one that falls flat.

Pretty ironic considering it got an entire episode of gender issues.

I HAVE LAID AN EGG LOL

I'M UP 3 TIMES A NIGHT LOL

Liking or disliking either show shouldn't have anything to do with politics, that's just how dumb things have gotten now. People choose to like or dislike something just because they're so desperate to belong to some group or movement because their lives are so empty and pointless.

because std is not real star trek it's just a relationship drama while the orville at least provides something that star trek fans want: to explore new worlds and to seek out new life and new civilizations. the orville is shining because it's standing beside std.

>inb4 but std will be about exploration give it time
since day one of std's announcement last year, the creators have been saying that std will be about an even in klingon history and there were lots of discussion in various forums which event it would be. so it'll be basically klingon-federation interactions about that event.

>inb4 but std is not chick drama
the trailers and the cast featurettes and pic related make it clear what the focus of the show is

>inb4 but there are action scenes
chick shows like supergirl and the flash and chick flicks like twilight and hunger games have action scenes. they may have action scenes and other kinds of scenes but they're what they are because the focus is on the relationship drama.

But the reviewers love it.

>Thsi show somehow got wrapped up in alt-right autism and star trek is evil and liberal because a black girl is in it. I know, it's stupid, but that's what it is.
er no, that is a horrible misrepresentation of what a lot of us feel.

I fucking loved Sisko in DS9
I enjoyed Janeway in VOY (Sometimes)

I dont give a shit what race characters are on a fictional show

I do however resent Hamfisted liberal bullshit for hollywood faggots being shilled by the writers and producers.

They literally have said "The bad guys on the show are Trump supporters"

I'm a Trump supporter, how the fuck else am I supposed to feel about the series now!? - I didn't drag Identity politics into the show.... THEY DID!! - That has now ruined Star Trek for me and never gave me chance to enjoy it from the start.

Orville doesn't seem to be doing that and has a good feel to the show, likable characters, fun light-hearted humor and captures the essence of what made Earlier Star Trek series very watchable, therefor, Orville gets my support over STD. I think that is perfectly valid for me to do as a consumer.

but it wasn't US who dragged Identity Politics into it... The shows writers and producer did.

shock.. shanickwaaaaaaaaaaaz always stick together

The Orville isn't perfect, but at least it clearly has people on it who care about optimistic sci-fi and are trying their hearts out. STD feels like a TV executive driven Product (with a capital 'P') where everybody is more interested in their cut of the bottom dollar than they are in the show.

>26:00
Sarek is Obi'wan Kenobi
LOL I never thought about it, but he actually is. He even fucking sits down on the desk like Kenobi sits down on the log. OMG why didn't I catch this?

Even Cinemassacre is not liking it and I expected them to the liberal good goys that they are and pretend to like it but the don't even like it, nothing to do with identity politics... Nearly every fan review I've seen so far has crapped on STD and the Writers and Producers are doing the same sperging out that the Ghostbuster faggots did and attacked the fans that hated the show.

youtube.com/watch?v=orpnQSuZGeg

>/this

Post qt forehead ridge girl

Post yfw an episode of Big Bang Theory costs more per episode to make than the new Star Trek.

Is it just me or does the actress playing 'Michael' look like a black version of Rachel Maddow?

that must be because of how much the cast gets paid... otherwise I don't see where that money goes

>That has now ruined Star Trek for me and never gave me chance to enjoy it from the start.

so you already decided you didn't like it without watching it, because of politics.

bait?

The actors are milking it for all it's worth, just like Friends.

>so you already decided you didn't like it without watching it, because of politics.

BUT I didn't bring Politics into it... THEY FUCKING DID!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop posting

>the klingons that want to remain culturally diverse is seen as the bad guys

>the federation that wants to assimilate exactly like the borg is seen as the good guys.

You're faceblind, that's Ralph Macchio

I don't think that is a reason for him to watch the show, however, wtf were they thinking even opening their mouths saying that? Even if that was your goal (to make bad guys trumpians) why the fuck would even say that? They really cut their own throats opening their mouth. Let the art of the story/show display it, they didn't need to say it like we are all children. Let people speculate this is the case.

The people at CBS and the people running this show are really fucking stupid. And it shows in the entirety of the show with such bad characters. Michael is so bad I can't keep watching. Has nothing to dow with her being female. I love female leads. It has to do with a bad character, with bad writing, which sadly translates into bad acting. Such a shame.

ha

Really good point mate. thanks for explaining.

>Apartheid is diversity guys!!!

Kys.

>I don't think that is a reason for him to watch the show, however

What did you mean by this?
(the guy you're talking about)

Sorry I meant to say:
I don't think that is a reason for him to NOT watch the show.

But in all honesty, even if you didn't watch, you are sparing yourself from a really shit story, writing, and acting, AND a fuck ton of lens flares and dutch angles that will annoy the fuck out of you.

>Even if that was your goal (to make bad guys trumpians) why the fuck would even say that?
>The people at CBS and the people running this show are really fucking stupid.

This show was supposed to start airing in January 2017. Are people literally retarded?

When they say anything on the show is about Trump it's a fucking lie because he wasn't even frontrunner when this show was written and being filmed. You might also tell this from the fact that the religious/sectarian conflict angle of the Klingons and the "good guys hero complex" Federation being poorly received angle instead mirror the preceding years of Islamic conflict.

Some genius cunt at CBS decided making religious analogies and casting aspersions on Islam just wasn't in vogue by the time this shit aired and decided to present it as anti-Trump as if the screenwriters could time travel and wrote things years ago that commented on something nobody believed would happen.

And the dumbest motherfuckers of all are the people who can't seem to realize this basic timeline problem and instead uncritically swallow the tepid piss released by their marketing department to try and make the show seem edgy and relevant (but not TOO edgy or possibly culturally controversial).

>a fuck ton of lens flares and dutch angles that will annoy the fuck out of you.

if you're some sort of autist.

well on here that's a high probablity, so yeah I guess that's a fair point.

Yeah dude. So picture this- people are talking about how STD is going to hemmorage cash from CBS, but BBT is already costing more. I honestly have no idea who the market for either of these shows are, so to me it's nuts that it hasn't driven CBS into the ground, but somebody is watching. There is some massive neferious group of mouth breathers ready to keep this shot afloat.

Maybe TV executives aren't actually retarded, maybe they are just so smart they are able to comprehend next level stupidity of viewers in a way we can't.