Holding together a fucking SHIP

>holding together a fucking SHIP
Is this the strongest Spider-man we've ever seen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UgJa10XLf5Y
youtube.com/watch?v=WCGCHmUdBjo
youtube.com/watch?v=AiOJr4EyUH8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he's also the youngest, so he's only going to get stronger

Pretty much. Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=UgJa10XLf5Y

youtube.com/watch?v=WCGCHmUdBjo

Now this is shit I've been needing in cape flicks
feats are why I like capeshit

No, comics Spider-Man is stronger.

No, Spider-Man has always been super fucking strong.

Remember that time he beat up firelord?

Ozai?

You guys realize there are thousands of comics of this character right? You don't have to dissect a trailer to death to get content you haven't seen before right?

So they're just shamelessly ripping off Raimi but with nowhere near his talent? I'm sure this will be good!

>You get stronger with age
That only works with vampires

does a ferry weight more than a speeding train?

nah the powerful one

Who says that?
It might as well be just a one time ability boost and he can only add his regular strength of being a grown man.

a subway train weighs 38tons per car and travels at 90kph, although spider man slowed it down over the distance between the station and the end of the line

the new york staten island ferry weighs 2000tons unloaded, however they are not in motion, for the sake of convenience they experience a force of 10/m/s from gravity

assuming that there are 10 cars in an average subway train, than SM2 spidey has to stop 380 tons moving at 90kph, over a period of time

MCU spidey has to stop, assuming the ferry is unloaded and split perfectly in two, a pair of 1000ton objects not from fast to slow, but to keep it stopped

does it help that the ferry is (semi) buoyant?

its apparent weight will be lower, making it easier on spider man, but this will be quickly negated by water rushing in, which will quickly bring up the difficulty

I'll always hate how spiderman always gets sucker punched several times in that entire movie, spidersense, what's that?

>inb4 he's still learning and/or adapting to his powers

the spider sense can only tell him of immediate danger, and just becasue he can tell something is coming does not necessarily mean he can avoid it

and yes, he is still learning to control it, needing to wear darkened glasses just so he doesnt have a sensory overload

yeah but he can dodge it, it's not only the advantage of spider sence but also the agility, he got punched by literally everyone in that movie.

spidey sense is in civil war

Men reach their physical prime at age 25-29

Fuck you, you made me laugh for like 2 minutes.

Not even close

""""""""No"""""""""

>inb4 he's still learning and/or adapting to his powers
Genuinely, it's that. He's only been Spidey for about half a year and hasn't had to go toe-to-toe with any other supers yet.

officially, comic book spider man can lift within the 10 ton range

he has gone over it, specifically in the master planner arc (you know the one), where he was holding up an undefined amount of debris over his head, the panel doesnt show the full size of it, but it could not crop out so much of it that it couldnt be heavier than a subway train

Spidey has REPEATEDLY in the comics been ambushed or failed to dodge in time despite his Spider-Sense. Literally once an issue since he was published almost. His reflexes are fast but if he's goofing off and not paying attention or distracted his reflexes won't be able to dodge in time for the warning to happen.

That's one of the reasons why Pete is most formidable when he just STFU and stops quipping every five seconds; he can focus completely on using his powers the way they're supposed to be used.

With 25-29 most sportman are almost finished

his one-liners can be effective in their own right, many enemies became angry or careless because spider man keeps distracting them

This

>You guys realize there are thousands of comics of this character right?
yeah but spiderman is always nerfed when put into any other medium. So this spider man is probably the strongest version outside of comics.

This what?

>Wow a hero does a heroic feet of strength
>Rip off reeeee!
Go back to Sup Forums

Well how else was he going to fuck Azula?

I suddenly want edits of every superhero sex scene with the Watcher added in.

Where the hell did this even come from?

Why doesn't he just attach the webs? Him holding them serves no purpose.

No

I remember a comic where he was half dead crushed under the wtc daily bugle building and lifted it up and stabilized it with his web. Then Ben Reilly died.

So Spidey has always had insane strength.

How would holding a boat together make it any better? Waters still going in. Marvel is fucking retarded

Oh shit I go on the Spirit of America every day

>How would holding a boat together make it any better? Waters still going in. Marvel is fucking retarded
Actually, if they want to go nuts and try to exaggerate Peter's feats as a scientist, you can somehow have him using his web as waterproof superglue and just stuck the two half of the ship back together. But that assumes he has enough web fluids on him.

This is the strongest version ever.

It's possible that he's only trying to stall the boat's destruction/sinking long enough for people to escape (perhaps via Iron Man and/or SHIELD?).

I mean, he's strong, but I dont like it
He's not shaking, or trembling, or grunting...nothing

That's beacause they burn themselve during 18-24.

It's not, you looked at the bottom of the screen while he was attempting to hold the ship together.

I'm glad he's not taking his mask off every 2 seconds for civilians to see, for once.

>implying the scene where they keep Pete's secret on the train isn't great

New wave of anti Raimi memeing is passe.

Can't wait until he does it and IM or whatever other MCU hero present goes "jesus christ this kid is strong"

Looks to me he tried that and they were giving in

He's probably just trying to keep the ship upright, and sinking slightly slower, while people escape. Usable stairways and hallways tend to help, not to mention the possibility that life rafts would just be swept away or fall off the deck of the ship tipped.

>man of steel does jesus shot
>memes galore
>spider man does it
>wow this is just like the comic books

It's okay when Marvel does it though.

That's because we're supposed to like Spiderman. Superman is bad because he's from the other company.

wtf this is makes no sense is there more?

Spider-man isn't portrayed as a Jesus allegory. It's just a pose when he does it. People ripped apart MoS because Snyder kept shoving the whole messiah thing in the audience's face.

Peope don't care about spiderman, they like the suit and the powers. But they don't care about anything else, that's why even tho is the second most popular superhero, no peope outside the core fanbase or comic readers can name any enemy, no one knows or cares about green goblin.

Everyone has an opinion on superman, even if is negative.

>superman does it to fucking float in space
>spiderman is trying to hold a ship that's been CUT IN FUCKING HALF
Gee I wonder why one is okay

>no peope outside the core fanbase or comic readers can name any enemy
>no one knows or cares about green goblin
How can one post be so wrong?

Superman feeling good trying to absorb solar energy

Spiderman doing it for literally no reason

You're right, Spiderman's was retarded and should be ridiculed.

Your average Snyderfag, folks.

You sure showed me!

You forget all the people on the train. That's 250 people per car at say 70 kilos per person averagely. That's another 175 tons.

i remember reading somwhere that spidey is in the top 25 or 50 for strength. Hulk and thor of course can beat him, but he is stronger than most heroes / villans.

Didn't he have a 'the whole world is cardboard' moment before, like with supes?

That's not precisely what happened; he didn't lift up the ENTIRE building, he just put himself in the space of one of the exposed and broken foundation pillars; most of the weight was still distributed across the other foundation blocks and this still took every ounce of strength he had and he wasn't able to move due to the strain.

He says this literally in the panel where he does it.

Yes, I wouldn't expect you to know that seeing as you've never played a sport.

This is not precisely accurate.
That strength chart you're speaking of puts him in the "Middleweights" Tier and places him in the area of guys who can lift anywhere from 10 tons (Spidey's canon lifting total) to 50 tons, so that is a BROAD range of people stronger then him physically even in his own weight class.
There were two classes above him after that.

thats because they consistently over work themselves modern day sports are the complete opposite of what humans evolved to do

IIRC it was an old childrens book on comic heroes from the early 80s.

I can see it now, spidey is pumping iron with thor, hulk and a few others in the background.

They probably left out a few guys etc. I don't think it was an actual chart.

Didn't spidey go toe to toe with colloses/Juggernaut and come out semi unscathed? I feel like I've blocked out the result of the fight tho.

You dont need to be insecure about spider-man not having wel know characters. Outside Batman no one realy has well known bad guys, superman ony has lex, bizarro and on a lesser degree zod and brainiac

No, he did not.
He basically uselessly flailed against Juggy and Juggernaught kept ignoring him because (as the comic stated), nobody could stop the Juggernaught.
He eventually lured him into the liquid cement foundation of a new building, causing him to sink and stopping his forward movement, removing him from the fight though later on he escaped again.

So it wasn't a punching match at all.
Which of course was often the case in older comics that were actually written by writers instead of shat out by assholes.

that fight was several one sided the juggernaut was pushing spideys shit in until pete buried him in cement i think

I hate when autist memetext a valid reason acting like it doesn't make the point valid.

All things being equal, that doesn't sound like too much of a difference. This new spidey is stronger, but it's not a huge difference. And he Has more webbing helping him in the background, mind you.

what bugs me is the webbing is stuck to the fencing in a few spots and that would be the weakest spot. Webs would hold but like hell that fencing would

Spider-Man is really, really strong. He's just always holding back. Unlike Superman his gimmick isn't showing off how powerful he is. He only looks weak when someone like the fucking Hulk is involved.

That shot is utterly ridiculous though, he should be falling down. What is gravity? No way those webs are that taut, and if they were then him pulling the ship upright would cause him to fall

Fuck, marry, kill

left to right: fuck, kill, marry

He's certainly the shittiest Spider-Man we've ever seen. And considering how shit Spider-Man is, Holland really outdid himself.

I'd fuck AND marry Andrew, while leaving TM at the wedding alter, so I guess that means Holland has to die....

Fuck Garfield, marry Holland, kill MaGuire

He says in CW that he needs to wear the goggles because his senses are dialed up to 11. He also says right before antman jumps him that something's not right. I think the obvious prediction is his new supertech suit will be damaged in a fight or he'll realize he doesn't need to lower his senses and by letting his senses be up to 11 that's when he'll really start to shine

No paper world scene is better than Miraclemans

Depends on how much is him and how much is the spider-web and the water.

Better question: if those webs hold, why doesn't US government scour the place for Spidey's web strings?

Another question: if it's THAT sticky, how will he let go without it being stuck dead to his hands?

a heroic feet of strength involving holding onto webs when just web slinging the halves together would probably be just as easy.

youtube.com/watch?v=AiOJr4EyUH8

I just don't understand why he took his hat off to do that.

...what hat?

I don't know if it's still the case but in the comics his webbing typically dissolves after about an hour

This guy has it right

only acceptable answer

Pretty sure he meant strongest movie spiderman, but still true

Second question then. Why doesn't it stick to his hands?

So how did he lose to Cap? He should have won. Tactics can only go but so far against overwhelming power. Spidy should have booty-blasted Cap.

If Spidey falls from a building in a full Jesus position like Supes did in that one part of MoS, you let me know.

Sony (or Disney) for that matter isn't spending a shit-tonne of cash on an actor to keep their face hidden. THAT's all that has to do with it.

So Black Widow never has worn a mask, or a real disguise, notwithstanding comics. Steve Rogers - there are entire issues of comics where you never see his face. Fuck, there are people who can read an entire run of his comics and not even know he's a fucking blond. MCU Bucky never wore a mask, except as the WS.

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with Rami.