What are your thoughts on Armond White?

contrarian hack

Uncle Tom.

based /ourguy/

He dies in Half Life:Episode 2

>Man of Steel is the Godfather of superhero movies
This is 100% truth.

Sometimes he's right in a stopped clock kind of way, that's about it

That's like saying diarrhea is the Godfather of bowel movements.

He's an old black guy with a white teenager's taste in movies.

>prison jumpsuit
what did armond mean by this?

King Contrarian. Great writer tho. Kinda the Pauline Kael we deserve these days.

The best fucking critic at the moment. Honorary white, honorary straight. A true man of kino. Kino connoisseur.

When the race war comes he'll be spared so he can continue to post kino reviews

The only shit thing here is your blatant shitposts.

both are trash?

*grabs you by the throat*
Bakc the f*ck off?!?

I have no idea what this means.

because you're a typical rlm fan.

Juvenile.

I know rlm from other threads, but I've never bothered to see what it is.

>marvel shill still buttpained
The Academy is contrarian too, I guess

>dude he doesn't follow popular opinion so let's parrot everything he says to fit our contrarian canon lmao
If you constantly stroke Armond's dick yet you continue to preach about "objective taste", you completely miss the point of his convictions and you should do a favor and stop posting.

Good comedian: Dunkey
Bad comedian: Armond White

If he happens to like a movie I like, I like to use his opinion on the movie as my own because he is far more eloquent than I am.

But usually his tastes are complete nonsense.

I actually do admire him. While I don't agree with him on quite a lot, every now and then he actually pumps out some thoughtful and honest criticism that many of his contemporaries fail to do.

He's the hero film criticism needs because he's actually attempting to inspire conversation and debate rather than turn everything into an echo chamber.

If anything he deserves acclaim for being one of the few people to actually call Nolan out on his shit. And I'll side with him over Aronofsky's bs any day of the week.

I like reading his stuff, but don't fool yourself into thinking a review is anything more than a contrarian thought exercise.

just another retarded nigger, might aswell be user on Sup Forumst shilling or ranting about shitty movies

Where's BvS?

He hated Last Knight

Kang of Sup Forums

He got more knowledge on film than the whole Sup Forums combined. So he seems contrarian (he's not actually, see his RT scores) because the haters are idiot. It's okay to disagree with him, but saying he's clueless is just a blatant shitpost

based

His career as a critic is brilliant performance art.

It really is.

I feel like a fucking idiot reading his reviews, completely out of my depth. More than anything I want to watch the old ass movies he refers to and find out how good they are.
He really didn't like Inception though, like he would not give it the time of day, not in anything.