RWBY/RT General #1023: Spooky Late Night Pyrrha Edition

Previous thread: Rules of RWBY/RT General:
>1. Read the Pastebin:
pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW
>2. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion.
>3. Don't believe their lies

Latest Chapter: roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-4-volume-4-episode-5-jhf568

.m3u8 Link: wpc.1765A.taucdn.net/801765A/video/uploads/videos/0a41e8db-182e-416d-88cc-025de2e1bd09/index.m3u8

RT Animated Adventures - Latest Episode: roosterteeth.com/episode/rt-animated-adventures-2016-burnie-hates-nasa

Other urls found in this thread:

m.fanfiction.net/s/11708082/1/
m.fanfiction.net/s/11402505/1/Joseph-Joestar-Hamon-Hunter
wordsthatfollow.com/play/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ahhhh a ghost!!

She came back, just for you

She looks like she's been constantly watching Jaune for like three days straight without sleep. Just muttering something about 'bitches and whores' being 'after my man'.

Oh Pyrrha, delusional as always.

Should I call the ghostbusters or a priest?

>after my man
>my man
Poor Pyrrha, didn't even try to claim Jaune. Threw him into a wall the last time he tried

I don't see the problem, she's a big softy really
Real talk, bring both

You guys should read this OPM RWBY crossiver fic, it's really good

m.fanfiction.net/s/11708082/1/

>OPM
>RWBY
Jesus christ are you trying to make me throw up? Why not add Jojo in there too while you're at it.

Ugh I hated OPM if I wanted to watch a show about a uninteresting character who always wins I'd watch wrestling again.

Coincidently I do have another goood jojo RWBY one to share to

Also there's no need to dismiss it based on what shoes they are, I heavily advise you try reading it to get a taste for yourself. I'm sure you and the other anons will like it

Crap forgot the link

m.fanfiction.net/s/11402505/1/Joseph-Joestar-Hamon-Hunter

not RWBY, but wordsthatfollow.com/play/

password is "lgtss"

>I wanted to watch a show about a uninteresting character who always wins I'd watch wrestling again.
pic related

No, that's wrong.

Especially within the topic of crossovers, if you don't like one show, you shouldn't force yourself to read through a crossover of it.

If you are going to force your tastes on someone, especially because it's fanfiction, it might as well be a normal fanfic.

No one's forcing anything on anyone, I'm just saying that user shouldn't dismiss something immediatly based on where it's from

>Crossover fics
>Good

>not rwby
>posts in rwby

>>Crossover fics
>>Good

Some can be, however usually the good fics never get finished

Fucking WoR episode after episode, lazy cunts

Actually we probably get nothing after this episode, like last year. Then it's a WoR, then it's finally another episode

>Weiss is a princess
>Blake is a princess
>Ruby has magic eyeballs
>Yang's mother is a cult/tribe leader
Yang gets the short stick yet again

>princess
>Weiss

I thought she just came from old money. Not that there's much of a difference.

OPM was such a garbage shitshow

She's 'just' the heiress to one of the richest and most powerful family businesses on Remnant. The SDC is made out to be OPEC if OPEC was a single corporation

But Yang's mom is the best one.

>The SDC is made out to be OPEC if OPEC was a single corporation

What does that make ATLAS?

Somewhere between the modern United States and Russia, I think. The parallels aren't perfect, but so far Atlas is the only Kingdom we've seen with the ability and desire to project military force beyond its borders, and does so on a massive scale. Combine that with their high tech mechanized military, and having a surprisingly strong Dust extraction industry, you end up with the only superpower on Remnant

The only superpower for now. I'd say there will be a massive Faunus uprising through brute animal force and Dust enhanced combat to try and rival Atlas by the end of the next volume. And Salem may entice Menagerie with an arms race to keep Atlas off her back. The White Fang would pounce at the chance to have a powerful ally against pure humans.

jesus christ blake's mom is cute

I'm not seeing how Menagerie could bootstrap itself to superpower status in any reasonable time frame. Right now they don't even control their entire island, hell they don't even have a CCT connection to the rest of the world
From the sound of it they've either abandoned or not even successfully attempted to mine Dust from the desert in any substantial way, Menagerie probably has to rely on imports from Mistral to keep the lights on

Cougar faunus best faunus

Should be black panther for obvious reasons.

Nah, that's the dad. I'm expecting him to have teeth and claws like Tukson, but I'm hoping he's got a mangled tail so we at least get one story of Faunus abuse in the show

>Menagerie probably has to rely on imports from Mistral to keep the lights on
So what do they export in return?
>But user, I'm a panther not a cougar!
>Are you not both?

Blake's parents, continuing the proud cartoon tradition of huge guy and tiny wife. And also huge beefcake guy having adorable little daughter.

>she should be a puma

>So what do they export in return?
Labour? Or perhaps food, there was a lot of greenery around the city, and the markets had fish all over the place.
And Kali is definitely a cougar, even if she is a panther

>Faunus sweatshops
That actually makes sense

You know, if we saw a few shitty warehouse factories with suicide nets, that would go a long way to making Blake and the entire White Fang more sympathetic

Probably fruit and fish I'd guess. I'd assume they only barely produce enough exports to get by. If I were giving away an entire continent to the faunus as some kind of symbolic reparation it wouldn't be one rich in natural resources

Well they could import material and export manufactured goods.

I bet the other kingdoms take the chance to screw them over will bullshit tariffs or whatever they can make up

Or maybe they want a fair chance for local business.

Taking jobs would not do wonders for equality.

I hope a preview for the episode tomorrow comes soon.

Eh at most I'd say Weiss is more a Scion than anything, shes born into wealth not Royalty.
Blake I'd say is closer to noble than royalty.

Its looking like Ruby and Yang are the common born members of the team (unless it turns out that either Tai or Summer were a runaway from a noble family... )

So dead

One day more, then things will kick up again. Even if it is just moaning about how long the hiatus is going to be
I'd like to think they would at least imply Summer or Tai had noble blood. I know they didn't convey it very well with Blake, but she did mention being born into the Fang, and clearly knew a lot about its leadership for someone so young, so at least her dad leading it made sense

>things will kick up again
>kick up again
Merc to possibly regain irking status...?

If Merc does show up, his irking will only get worse. Every single time we go to see the evil crew still on the bench they look more and more like they just want to run away

>We will never see more of Faunus racism
>We will never have Blake overreacting on Faunus oppression
>White Fang making her an actual idiot to recruit spineless mooks

And then he'll irk the bad guys by actually running away
Such is the natural order

Mercury's endgame is to irk every single faction on Remnant
I'm telling you, a thirty second shot of Faunus sweatshops, and maybe a sob story from Ghira about some racist assholes who cut off his tail when he was younger, and people would have no problem whatsoever buying that Faunus have a raw deal. But we won't get that

Isn't having their reservation equivalent on one of the most inhospitable parts of the planet enough?

Its a damn good start
The problem I have is we haven't seen the Faunus being discriminated against in the Kingdoms, and they're clearly not being forced to go to Menagerie at gun point (well, at least not in Vale but if it happened you'd think Blake would mention it) so we're left with Faunus discrimination being more of an informed attribute than something demonstrated to us
If the Faunus were stuck in incredibly dangerous working conditions even in their homeland though, it would set them up as the bottom rung of the international ecnonomy, and make the Fang striking back a lot easier to believe and sympathise with

Oobleck mentioned back in Volume 1 that they tried to force them, the Faunus fought back.

This would a good way to show, but M&K aren't component enough to make racism believable.

I guess Jacques would be good as a racist character.

Crap, that was during the bullying arc wasn't it? I can hardly be blamed for blocking that from my mind. So they really are going for the "Native Americans with animal features" angle? That's just sad, it could have been so much more interesting
If Jacques isn't as racist, or more racist, than Weiss was back in Volume 2 I'll buy a hat for the express purpose of eating it. If the SDC treats the Faunus as badly as we're told, that has to come from somewhere. Besides, it'll give us a nice moment of "Look how far Weiss has come down the path of 'not being a complete bitch'!"

So, anyone else feel like they can no longer give a fuck about the side characters since they seem to just exist to die for cheap feels that no one actually develops from?

It happened to two people user. And Pyrrha was a pretty well developed member of the B-team of secondary protagonists
Penny I'll give you though

I mean we all know that Sun is gonna bite it because shity kitty needs her cheap development and so BB can happen.

Pyrhas death has so far done nothing substantial: Jaunes a bit sad, Ren and Nora are the same, and Rubys PTSD nightmares are implied to be Silver Eyes bullshit

Yep. Jaunedice Part 2, specifically. No worries, though. A lot of people forget details like that. Barring the few of us who are super pedantic.

If I were to guess, the SDC vs. Faunus issue is that Jacques underpays them for their labor in the Dust mines despite whatever the associated risks are. Either because he thinks they aren't equal to humans, because he's a greedy businessman taking advantage of the majority of society's opinion of their inferiority to maximize profits, or because of combination of the two.

Will sun really die?

No, you're just reminding me of Zuko from Avatar.

>Oh hooray, in a lifetime of evil at least he didn't add animal cruelty to the list!

Sun, Ghira, and Kali are all liable to get a sword through the gut/abs at the moment.

Since Blake can't beat Adam at the moment, and I highly doubt that anyone will get to take him out in the end besides her...

So are we getting an episode this week?

Or are we back to WoR?

Hes all set up for it. Audience has an emotional attachment, too early for Blakes parents to bite it, Blake needs something to make her stip running, his death makes BB a forgone conclusion which would sate alot of fans.

So all signs point to it yeah, plus its a terrible idea so M&K will totally do it

>Sun is gonna bite it
And next you're going to say him not getting a new outfit is a death flag!
Seriously, Sun isn't going to die, I really don't get why people are saying he will on the basis of "no new clothes = FUCKING DEAD"

Kali will die by the hands of Adam, Blake or Ghira will go into bloodlust rage and savagely mutilate him

Honestly it's more likely for her parents to bite the dust more then sun

Fridging. Lovely. The fanbase will be thrilled.

Neptune should be the one that dies.

He should die and then Sun pulls a Summer

No one would care if he died though. Except a small subset of fangirls who find him attractive.

I stated nothing about the outfit and that whole thought is stupid.

Hes gonna die cause blake needs a kick in the pants and its too soon to kill her parents

I was going to say, we're trying to cement Adam as a villainous bastard here, not someone who saves us from shitty characters

Uh that was another that stated about the outfit but it makes sense for her dad to die since he was ex leader of the whitefang

I don't see why Sun needs to die for Blake to get a kick in the pants
Him just showing up, fighting her and threatening her parents would be enough, no deaths required

But we just got introduced to them. If they were to die the audience would feel jack shit

Remember when Pyrrah was trying to make Juane kill himself but he caught on and she tried to pretend that that wasn't what she was doing? I miss that stuff so much.

Worked for every Uncle Ben. Killing off family members is like showing a villain hurting a dog. Easy way to invoke sadness/anger.

There would be people that would get sad at the implications of Blake losing her parents sure we don't know that much about them but the thought of her losing her family would get some people sad

>Huge
>Tiny
>Huge
>Tiny
Literally perfection

So Ruby is going to end up with Jaune at the end?

Who knows I mean JNR might all kick the bucket later

Nah, she'll end up alone as the perfect huntress who just keeps fighting. Forever undaunted by the events around her.

I think Ruby might end up falling for Jaune before he dies in a fire.

She's got a real bounce to her chest

He's in the risk zone, but he's much safer than Ghira and Kali. I don't expect any of them to die in this volume though.

I expect him to lose his tail at the very least

Impressive yangs.