How do certain drugs get popular?

60's was LSD
70's was booze
80's cocaine
90's ecstasy
00's heroin

what causes these things?
E.G. why is lsd not as popular as heroin now?

It will be. Give it time. Drugs have a cycle that happens every other decade. Also LSD is overrated. You can do it, but if you become one of those Hippies who say the same bullshit rhetoric then you should kill yourself.

LSD fell out of favor because of the Manson killings. It WAS considered a harmless drug, until they slaughtered a woman who was 8 months pregnant, and carved "pigs" on her bulging abdomen.

One of the largest worldwide LSD exporters in America was compromised 3 years ago I think. There was a book on it and Vice (when they actually did decent articles back in 12-13') did a full report on it. The guy who was arrested has written a book about it in prison.

Also LSD isn't (or doesnt seem) as popular largely because a lot are counterfeit or RC's.

LSD can be the biggest red pill if utilises properly though. Would recommend microdosing on a gap year if your at uni, in 2-3 month periods after your first trip.

Was a drop out student no grades. No I'm In uni getting a 2:1 in computer science, already have 3 companies wanting to employ me, if I play a cautious hand I could blag a 34k starting job as a network engineer, simple as shit, no hard core algorithms just need to be focused and see the job done.

I think the music industry has a large influence in the drug problem and promotion of abuse.

Christ, should have proof read. Did just watch Zlatan score a blinder though so hgas

Jews.

what is this microdosing?
We used to just take 2-3 whole blotters and get mashed.

Purity, supply, and price. Coke was good in the 80s and it wasn't hard to find decent quality coke. Now most coke is cut to shit. In the 90s mdma was plentiful, then a lot of shitty pills started getting pushed so now its a pain to find legit mdma, now most "molly" is just an RC. Now heroin is plentiful, fairly pure and cheap and a lot of other drugs are shit right now for the majority of people's connections.

>One of the largest worldwide LSD exporters in America was compromised 3 years ago I think.
Picard was arrested in 2001
>Also LSD isn't (or doesnt seem) as popular largely because a lot are counterfeit or RC's.
The real stuff is out there. Trust me.
Music does have everything to do with drugs
Microdosing is taking a small dose in order to improve your creativity etc without getting totally fucked up
>In the 90s mdma was plentiful, then a lot of shitty pills started getting pushed so now its a pain to find legit mdma, now most "molly" is just an RC.
lol not true

>Microdosing is taking a small dose in order to improve your creativity etc without getting totally fucked up
why not just smoke aweak joint of
weed? its going to feel loosely the same.

oh yeah acid is a mindfuck, nothing like learning abought how your an asswhole, if anything an actual real life red pill, thats super intense dont reccomend only to stoners who are used to being high, that shit is mad hard to live with

Heroin was the 70s.
Also, you forgot ludes

Drugs go in and out of style depending on the current state of society.

>80s
Cocaine is popular because it's a time of greed, consumerism, hedonism, and wanting to feel stimulated at all times.

>90s
MDMA is popular because it goes with the techno/rave scene. Computers and the Internet were getting popular. We were excited and happy and optimistic about what the future would hold.

>2000s
Heroin because our lives have gone to shit. We are exhausted and cynical and we know there is no hope. Heroin allows you to feel good temporarily and forget about your problems. At this point we have nothing to lose because society is doomed anyway.

Drugs are for toffs and degenerates

can you talk more about your experience?

Never done acid, have had great experiences with mushrooms, smoke weed all the time.. I would love to try acid after reading all about it, but your post is intruiging to say the least

10s is meth btw

lol what? all I've done is chilled with friends, listened to music, wtahced movies, swam and played video games. some people enjoy nature when on it, but not I.

really though I'm thinking it's you and not the acid ;p

Not the same user but acid basically woke me up and showed me how fake and pointless everything is. Language, society's rules, your own identity, the universe, etc.

Everything is probably a computer simulation tbqhwy

acid is very similar to mushrooms, shroom high is a bit more organic/spiritual and acid high is a bit more cerebral and almost robotic

>00's
>Heroin
Nope.
Try 70's, 80's and 90's.
00-10's is meth.

drugs represent the social mood and are here to enhance it

60's - hippes expanding their minds
70's - fuck yeah dance baby
80's - fuck yeah, rock on baby
90's - party hard
00's - well, shit's fucked

Heroin is still very popular in the US

Only because of prescription opiates.
Really 00's should be prescription meds.

Heroin peaked after Vietnam.

That's basically what I said. Stop copying my posts.

What about ketamine

HURR WHAT ABOUT
>DMT
>AMPHETAMINE
>GHB
>DXM
>MDA
>nitrous oxide

HURR hurrr

>70's was booze

maybe to you. for the rest of humanity alcohol has been number one since it was discovered thousands of years ago.

my own opinion is that it is a horrible drug (that I drink every evening), but if humans were half as smart as we think we are we would have done the Brave New World thing and would have developed a wonderful drug for the masses that has no harmful side effects.

my idea of the ideal drug is one that has an anti-drug: you go to a party or concert or whatever, get blasted out of your skull for 3 hours, then you take the anti-drug and a few minutes later you are sober and can drive home safely.

>my idea of the ideal drug is one that has an anti-drug

Don't LSD and Xanax kind of work like this

>Don't LSD and Xanax kind of work like this

I have no idea, having never combined the two. Are you saying that I can be tripping on LSD and then take some Xanax and the LSD has no futher effect after a few minutes? If so, that's pretty close to my ideal drug, except that LSD is a bit too much for some people.

Back when I had access to that sort of shit, I much preferred mescaline, which is very much like acid but seemed not quite so harsh and unpredictable.

Kind of
Low doses of Xanax just smooth out the rough edges of the trip. It's a great way to nurse a harsh come up.

Higher doeses will bring you down, but it can't actually end the trip. It'll just make you feel more functional.