/DIS/ General - Star Trek Discovery

Best character edition

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vVngnzcXxLI
youtube.com/watch?v=aBb0hyuIfYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YJssNjoC83w
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Star_Trek_abbreviations
books.google.se/books?id=cbYf2l7gczUC&pg=PT618&lpg=PT618&dq=official shorthand for star trek voyager vgr&source=bl&ots=lGlOH1lWZy&sig=8TOIiql2A_A0i56CH6bqDRTyn-U&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiUt8nX_cfWAhUGYZoKHWHOACIQ6AEIcDAN#v=onepage&q=official shorthand for star trek voyager vgr&f=false
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

doesn't even have a fucking name

Do you think Saru will become as iconic as Spock or Data?

what a lame design

Is he from the same planet as that federation president from DS9?

Probably not. Not that he doesn't have the potential, just that this isn't an ensemble, it's the Michael Show. So he probably won't get much focus.

Being a main character in a Trek series is such a good gig. He can literally spend the rest of his life doing conventions where people adore him and they put him up in nice hotels and give him money.

The main character in the Dollar trilogy didn't have a name either. Still a GOAT character.

youtube.com/watch?v=vVngnzcXxLI

Rate the intro. 4/10 from me. It's too generic

Denise Crosby was a fucking retard for leaving TNG

The first two episodes felt like a prequel, maybe they should have started with her on the prison ship before being taken on board the Discovery and sorta leave how she got there as a mystery. She can still be "the woman who started the Klingon war" but we don't know the details so it makes her kinda intriguing. I don't know that might be worse, I'm no writer.

She realized that, which is why she was willing to come back time & again.

I geniuenly can't get behind this show, and here is why:
youtube.com/watch?v=aBb0hyuIfYQ

I like it so far.

>shilling your cringy yt channel

I watched After Trek yesterday. A producer/writer said the first two episodes are a prologue. He said next episode is the true beginning

Preview looks great.

youtube.com/watch?v=YJssNjoC83w

>cringey alt right comments section
Yeah I'm good I don't care about your vlog

Not my yt channel. Some other user posted it but I agreed with it 100%

they've got daft punk involved in this? kinda interested now

>implying it's bad
Shjow yours? Noob. Fuck you. Cunt.

>bred as cattle
>has the same terrible bone to meat ratio as humans
what did they mean by this

Well he said his species was bred to detect the coming of death, (I guess they are low level precogs?)

So bred like cattle but not for the same purposes.

Honest opinions, I enjoy the shlocky lens flare new star trek movies but never got into the tv series, is this one like the movies, or tv shows? Is it good?

>The main character in the Dollar trilogy didn't have a name either.
he had a face at least

Box head is my favorite character.

It's /STD/, user, and that's fine.

>it's another mordin clone

What kind of pathetic loser would I have to be to have a youtube channel?

He is pretty beta af, but I geniuenly liked this character. In fact, he was the only character I liked. I hated the female characters, and it's not because they were female. I'd love a good female lead. These female characters were so hamfisted and unbelievable. They didn't build any camaraderie with their crew, they just barked at everyone the entire time. Janeway at least inspired confidence and professionalism in her crew.

When you spend two episodes of what was originally slated as 13 as a prologue, you're not really doing it right.

He's been using /dis/ since it's a disaster that disproportionately disrespects star trek.

Her designation is QT314

God no. He's like Neelix level. At best.

>/DIS/

Christ, he's at it again.

Can someone remake with the right name so we can jump over.

t. midnights edge watcher
looks better than the pilot
lens flare isnt "shlocky" but it ruins immersion in most cases because the shakycam found footage "realism" begs the question why is anyone filming and not just running away.
trek is awful but discovery looks good. youre better off with something like dune, stargate, mass effect, farscape, babylon 5, battlestar galactica, or the expanse.

Scared of the backlish? A coward AND fool. Fuck off cunt.

15 episodes

/dis/ is also fine

It's in between

(You)

Either /DSC/ or /STD/. /DIS/ looks retarded.

Did you notice in that one scene that you could see like sensory tendrils extending from the back of his head?

Interested to learn more about him and his people. Glad he wasn't just a one-off like the rest of the side characters in the pilot.

dis is the official

Not any more retarded than VOY or ENT

Oh that's a good call, actually.

>No "space the final frontier"

She does though.

Well when you find out what it is give me a holler

STD is just so much more fun. Can we keep that?

>/DIS/
>not /STD/
lmao

It's so bad :(

Hamfisted character dialogue for an unlikeable main character

Why did it have to be so bad bros?

seen more people use std than dis

It's Seth MacFarlane tier humor

and VGR is the official one for VOY

dude fucking stop with your same threads i know its you samefag from yesterday

But it's easier, and more catchier.

But part of her charm is keeping the Daft Punk meme going on.

You can keep the meme going AND name the character.

Where? They are wrong. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Star_Trek_abbreviations

No its not. Where the hell did you get that? Its always been VOY

Citation needed

You might end up with Tali'Zorah though.

books.google.se/books?id=cbYf2l7gczUC&pg=PT618&lpg=PT618&dq=official shorthand for star trek voyager vgr&source=bl&ots=lGlOH1lWZy&sig=8TOIiql2A_A0i56CH6bqDRTyn-U&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiUt8nX_cfWAhUGYZoKHWHOACIQ6AEIcDAN#v=onepage&q=official shorthand for star trek voyager vgr&f=false

I really don't see how you can say that.
The grafics were apparently dropped to minimun. The first 2 epsiodes looked like actual movies, this trailer looks like a cheap Syfy show.
Also all that drama every modern show has, i can't stand it. BSG was a mistake.

tiny url com/ y8syt8y4

Who is this?

What a very obscure source that goes against everything else. Better go with it.

It will never be as good as DS9.

previews always look great, they're genetically engineered to entice people into watching the show, it's why i stay away from previews and trailers as much as i can

an obscure source written by people who actually worked on several star trek films and shows

Yea but nothing will

wtf is VGR

There are a dozen good critique videos out there explaining why the show doesn't work as well as it should because of bad framing, poor dialogue, stilted acting, some odd canonical choices, and weird pacing, and you link the one video where it's some guy bitching and moaning about SJW's within the first two minutes.

Really goes to show what you care about most.

the official shorthand for VOY, fans didn't like it so they started using VOY instead

So anyone want to guess what the Discovery's mission is?

They're clearly on some Section 31 black ops shit

Nothing ever will tho

>VGR

V'ger

HOLY FUCK THIS IS BAD AHAHAHAHAA

you actually believe the writers would be that smart?

And the more mainstream sources also written by people involved with the show? Those are to be discarded?

Star Trek Online is a better Star Trek show than STD

One you're aware of the sexual symbolism in this movie you see it everywhere.

If your complaints are war and dark tone STO certainly isn't gonna fix that

Holy shit this perma-triggered autist is Sup Forums incarnate

the other link the other guy posted is to a book written by rick berman, michael piller and jeri taylor

THOT-Bot 9000

>who is this
its john van citters

This was explicit in Roddenberry's original script. The entire point of Ilia's character is that her species are sexually irresistible to humans, hence her being an ice queen and shaving her head to be able to work on a starship.

Also the story ends with Decker fucking the Ilia / V'Ger probe, hence the massive cosmic orgasm and the birth of a new life.

Don't get me wrong Discovery is shit, it's certainly the worst Star Trek series ever imo.
But c'mon, find a better critique than that.

>Discovery is shit, it's certainly the worst Star Trek series ever imo.

All we've seen is a pilot, and if they're ranked solely by pilots then it's the third best Star Trek ever after TOS and DS9.

wtf are those two gossiping dudes adam jensen and colonel anus both from the expanse

>books.google.se/books?id=cbYf2l7gczUC&pg=PT618&lpg=PT618&dq=official shorthand for star trek voyager vgr&source=bl&ots=lGlOH1lWZy&sig=8TOIiql2A_A0i56CH6bqDRTyn-U&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiUt8nX_cfWAhUGYZoKHWHOACIQ6AEIcDAN#v=onepage&q=official shorthand for star trek voyager vgr&f=false
This? No, it isn't

So, someone who has nothing to do with the project is the definitive source on it more than year before it even came out?

No, although they are interestingly similar. I'm glad you pointed that out.

What really bugged me about this is he said his species are prey animals, but his eyes are situated to look straight ahead like a predator. It's a small thing but Star Trek is supposed to get shit like that right.

I hate niggers and genuinely think women are the lesser sex but I liked the show. The main problem is Michelle can't act for shit, NOT because shes a woman. I didnt think Michael was very convincing either but I hope it isnt bad acting and am gonna chalk it up to her character trying to act vulcan (stoic, monotone, etc)

>declare it the worst series after seeing the polit
>/trek/ freely admits you can skip most of the first two seasons of TNG it's so bad

got to give it til at least season 3 before judging, it's only fair.

it was a good review. I've been sharing this one too.. Anyone criticizing it, clearly have not bothered to watch it but are being larping retards who think its becoming cool to dislike alt-right people now

there are more official proof that it's vgr than voy