Underground horror movies general

Is this worth watching?

Also, underground horror movies general

French occult movies are kino

>is this worth watching
if you know the twist it's ruined. otherwise it's good acting is corny as fuck but goes with the atmosphere.

Solid film. Shame everyone who watches it already knows the ending.

>if you know the twist it's ruined
that she's a boy? I don't really know anything about the story, but how is that a twist or affect the story in any meaningful way?

"she" survives an accident that kills her family and is sent to live with her aunt. the aunt has a boy already so forces the kid to be a girl. the kid gets sent to camp where he gets hit on and starts a relationship with another boy. you are led to believe either this boy or her cousin are the most likely suspects in the murders as the main character is portrayed as shy, weak and very emotionally and physically fragile.

has there been a single good lovecraft movie? is this as good as it gets?

It's a pretty run of the mill movie but if you don't know the twist it's worth watching for that alone. And the aunt character is fucking nuts

The Resurrected

name some?

Dead and Buried (1981), written by the guy who wrote Alien

Re-Animator

Sleepaway camp is one of my favorites.

Pretty tame, but the use of actual kids on a slasher and the comfy camp atmosphere is awesome.

Source of the image????

does "les diaboliques" count? it had a nice atmosphere but the ending was super underwhelming.

-->

sleepaway camp

I hope someone suggests something good. I want to watch a good horror movie.

I will watch sleepaway camp(I know the twist, my gf not) and Alice, Sweet Alice for the first time to start of halloween scene.

Even if they are just okay, the still have there place somewhere.

nice trips satan

you seen any Zulawski films? if not watch "the devil" and "possession"

Zulawski is a must. The third part of the night. Could be consired horror as well. At least i was anxious during the whole movie.

I don't know if it's considered underground but how do you guys feel about Ring (1998)? I haven't seen it yet, looks spooky enough to give it a try.

I don't know if it's considered underground but how do you guys feel about Ring (1990)? I haven't seen it yet, looks spooky enough to give it a try.

I don't know if it's considered underground but how do you guys feel about Ring (1990)? I haven't seen it yet, looks spooky enough to give it a try.

Just remember some spanish horror like "Who can kill a child?" By Chicho IbaƱez Serrador and "Arrebato" by Ivan Zulueta (i don't know the english name for this one. Also this one fits more in underground horroresque.

I always recomend these two in this kind of thread.

I've seen way too much rule 34 of that TV ghoul to find her scary anymore

What's going on here?

This was alright for a werewolf movie

Watched it in a Sup Forums stream once. Great fun

>tfw Sup Forums rarely have streams anymore

Does 'Prince of Darkness' and 'The Thing' count? If so those are good ones and so is 'In the Mouth of Madness'

whats the movie?

Sleepaway Camp

She has a benis.
Kills a couple of retard and pedo chef
MC sees benis and is all chocked due to the fact that feminin penis wasn't invented in the 80s.

Thank you will defenetly watch.

I miss more werewolf movies.

Dagon was bretty gud

Yes i like it. Is not the best film. But i love it. Also last movie from the great spanish actor Paco Rabal

>I don't know if it's considered underground
Well considering it broke the asian box office at the time and was such a video hit on the West it triggered an american remake, I'm tempted to say no

The Descent

los sin nombre is the best relatively unknown horror movie i've seen in a while

pic related

>"Arrebato" by Ivan Zulueta (i don't know the english name for this one
I think it's The Rapture or some shit. Pretty weird movie, apparently the actors and staff were shooting up heroin while filming

For those who'd be interested in a Mexico-flavored Twilight Zone film.

I didn't like it "Los sin nombre". Not a bad premise but there are much better spanish horror films.
As I said here

>rating Paco Rabal
Mah nigga

Yes, Zulueta died pretty young because of heroin. And hereoin is pretty present in the spain of 70s and 80s.

Legendary actor of course. He did Too much great movies.

and there's also a documentary called Arrebatos though I didn't watch it yet. I think it was made some years ago.

Good to know. Thank you!!!

Wet

I need the bluray to see the documentary aboit the movie. I guess it was a hell of production.

Los sin nombre was very well crafted though it lacked some flavour I'd say. Same with Darkness, Balaguero's next movie.
Same with Fragile too now that I think of it.

I liked this one

This.
Also P2, The Tunnel, As Above So Below, C.H.U.D., Mimic, Midnight Meat Train.

This movie scared the shit out of me.
The snuff film footage looked so damn real.

Praise the trips!

13 Ghosts is a comfy horror.

"Les diaboliques" is not underground nor occult. It's actually more of a thriller

It's not that great when you realise a lot of other horror movies had the same long hair ghost thing.

From Beyond is kind of watchable but it pretty much grabs the original plot and plays keepaway with it.

had nothing to do with the book. it was too modern

great movie, just not lovecraftian

viral marketing to hype the ring

Hey OP, thanks for ruining the movie by posting a screenshot of the ending in the OP and then immediately spoiling the twist here . You're a really cool guy. Have a nice day.

My favourite underground horror movie is Freddy vs . Jason

That's actually a traditional depiction of ghosts in Asia.

sorry buddy

the little kid running around in his tighty whities isn't scary either tbqh

That's okay, just don't do it again, okay?

That's not from The Ring though.

I know, just saying about asian ghosts.

In the mouth of madness was such a disappointment. That movie is pretty dull for the most part. Only thing that was really cool and kind of unnerving was at the end with him killing that brainwashed guy.

bump

>underground
the descent
the descent 2

rent a copy at your local blockbuster. you won't regret it.

the descent isn't underground, and it isn't even good

>haha, it takes place in an underground cave