A great example of a movie normalfags will never understand

A great example of a movie normalfags will never understand.

It's really not though

How so?

If I remember correctly it's about a good looking Chad athlete who is good at fighting and gets the hot girl

But he was borderline retarded with good personality if im not mistaken.

>borderline retarded with good personality
sounds like a normalfag to me

No, what that user means is much closer to the border than the average nomie. Like, almost frighteningly close to medically retarded.

For fucks sake, the guy has a hard time forming sentences.

>gets the hot girl
>hot

She was cast for the roles purely because she's mediocrity squared.

And why can't normalfags understand that?

I've watched this movie every year since it came out (we're a hockey family) and its get better with repeated viewings. I didn't like it all that much the first time around, but now I can't see a year pass without watching it.

Caught this a couple days ago on jewflix.

God damn masterpiece

Yeah,but sometimes garbage DOESN'T fly in his face.
That's a Chad right there.

Also great movie,one of the few I go back to if I can't find something on Netflix™

It had heart. Which is downright rare these days. Sure it felt like a 90s sports movie to the bone, but it was a fucking good 90s sports movie.

>movie about dumb jock
>not normie

From someone who doesn't know anything about hockey, is this how these things tend to normally play out?

Like, is actual fist-fighting a real aspect of the sport?

It is known to get quite bloody, yes. Of course the movie makes it seem like carnage is expected... and it kinda' is.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, short of kino.

Its because normies don't care about relating to the protagonist, they just self-insert and want to see him win at everything.

How was the sequel?

It was the definition of ok

>self-insert and want to see him win
that's pretty much the definition of relating to him

In American Football they made a bunch of new rules to prevent high-value franchise quarterbacks from getting in injured. Now defenders are not allowed to hit a player who is in a passing posture, or he they have one or both feet on the ground at or below the knees. It used to be that defenders would aim to seriously fuck up QB's, and other specialty positions to at least take them out of play for a series of downs, or maybe for the rest of the game. So if there were defenders targetting your QB, you would set up plays designed to allow offensive blockers to fuck up linebackers, or a runningback would throw an unnecessary block, and put a defender on his ass.

In hockey, sometimes fights are just players getting pissed at each other and throwing down to settle a dispute. Other times, it's an unofficial way to curb targeted checks on high value players by hurting someone who is endangering important players. Hockey just does it unofficially they way football used to rather than changing the rules.

Aw, too bad they put rules on in in American Football. Still, I know the players are infinitely valuable, and I'm guessing no one wants to lose their career over a bad leg-blow or something...

Still, sucks, I feel there are too few actual bloodsports left in the world.

that's why you should watch /heem/

Not to the extent in this film, these days anyways. Back in the day every team would have their pest, whose job was to try and draw penalties, and their goon specific players. Now you have to 18 guys on your bench that can actually play really well, so it'd more of a secondary thing to be either of those roles. Even team captains will scrap if they think it will motivate the team (like in this film) and one of the cool unofficial stats is the Gordie Howe hat trick, one goal, one assist and one fight.

Anyways, I love this film, has a lot of heart and it's probably Seann William Scott's best performance ever.

Agreed. I'm glad to see him trying to break the type-cast as Stiffler. He's actually not a bad actor when he's not playing Chad.

This is actually the cutest Alison Pill has looked in a film, IMO, which I agree is still not 'hot'.

Doug is definitely not a 'Chad'. It takes more than looks but also an alpha attitude which would normally preclude how freaking nice he is. His pick up lines included repeatedly complimenting the girl (the anti-Chad move) and constant boasting of how 'official' the gift (anti-Chad again) he gave her was.

I don't know if I agree with OP though, this is a pretty accessible film for lots of audiences, hockey fans, comedy fans, Canadians, etc.

Doug was a fucking autist, not a Chad.

sports kino

shit a Goon thrÉad? today is going to be a good day.

it's a shame the sequel is pretty shitty

You mean non-canadians

I'm still gonna watch it,if I can find it free and easy.

it's worth a watch, but I felt like they were very much trying to capture lightning in a bottle. The first one has such heart and ends perfectly. While the second is not a soulless cash grab it feels empty and falls a bit short IMO senpai.

I loved both these movies man, I don't know why they don't get more love here

DUDE FUCK LMAO

I liked it.

I know, right? It's a rare find.

Goon 3 when?

Pictured - McGregor v Mayweather.

Goon was a product of a bygone time. The feel-good sports-flicks are a dead genre. Sadly.

I'm confused as to why this movie wasn't acclaimed as new wave art but then I remember normalfags can't handle anything.

Because it was boring as shit?

Goon 2 got real emotional real quick. Doug getting a desk-job? Jesus Christ normie-life is hell.

I hope you're wrong, but probably not ;_;

Yeah probably, good movie though.

comfy goon thread, I like it.

Who is the best Highlander?

>don't touch my fucking percocet and do you have any fucking percocet?

This movie is so fucking good and the sequel is so fucking bad. It's a real shame.

Leave here immediately and go pull up you old chair on /r9k/.

Watched the sequel.
It was bad i turned it off. The movie had absolutly nothing original.