So what do you guys think about this film?

boring. and i hate garfield.

It was pretty good.
Felt like it dragged on for a bit too long tho.
Also Adam Driver is great

didn't bother with the last 40 minutes. it really didn't need to be that long.

It was honestly too long for what it was. Didn't like it very much.

But it had some pretty good cinematography and Garfield was pretty good in it.

More interesting question would be, were the Kirishtan in the right? Was the military officer? Were the padres? Was Liam Neeson?

I didn't understand the final shot

It was boring as fuck. Sup Forums will call me a brainlet for not liking it but nothing fucking happened and Garfield can't act for shit.

Best of its year

He died a Christian

>boring
you know, I'm thinking I should really say something demeaning towards this guy for having such shit taste, or even a total lack thereof. Maybe call him a rebbitor. But I don't feel like shitposting that much today.
>i hate garfield.
HELLLLLOOOOOO REDDIT

>nothing fucking happened
yes I will call you a brianlet. this is the most brainlet of all criticisms imaginable

Top 5 Scorsesse, actually like Andrew in this movie

Yeah but i felt like it betrayed the complete 2nd act of the film. I thought the whole point was that he lost faith and was turned into only a puppet for the name of religion.

I guess i thought the film was about having your faith completely broken.

>people die for their religious beliefs
>"NOTHING HAPPENED"
Uh-uh.

I loved it but I can't imagine how a non-Catholic would enjoy it

Kino

t. Rebbit

>I guess i thought the film was about having your faith completely broken.
Then you're an idiot. Seriously.

>I thought the whole point was that he lost faith
not even close
>the film was about having your faith completely broken
closer, but still not true

it's about how his faith stands up the the ultimate persecution: seeing his friends, die, seeing villages he thought he was helping turned to ash, seeing his mentor turn away from the faith, being tortured himself. realizing that whether he surrendered or not, that the mission was a failure. it's about this intense, insane, eternal defeat and how this man's faith holds up against it. and at the end he hears Jesus saying something so simple yet so revelatory; that burden is for Christ to bear, not him. that's why Christ exists, to bear the sin of the world. If Rodrigues knelt then even though externally he was betraying God, he was also ending the century long persecution of Christians. Jesus told him that it was OK, and that ending the suffering was better for him and for the world than just one mans external devotion to Christ. He knelt because he still knew Christ in his heart, and knew that in the end he was still the Lord
hating Andrew Garfield is one of the worse memes ever perpetrated by people dumb enough to even see the new spiderman movies

I thought the fact they were jesuits and got btfo was interesting and kinda fun to watch, also that character that kept renouncing his faith and getting caught after confession.

japan still has cultural unity today. meanwhile wherever jesuits go shit follows for the country they enter.

>Best of its year
this. of all the movies i watched that year, this one was stuck in my head for a while

I'm saying that that's what i thought up until the final shot.

I thought it was ok. Didn't really do anything different than the 1971 adaptation, but it looked nice. 160 minute run time was a bit rough though.

>and that ending the suffering was better for him and for the world than just one mans external devotion to Christ

This is what christcucks believe

Atheist here, 10/10 movie and I'm not even joking.

>hating Andrew Garfield is one of the worse memes ever perpetrated by people dumb enough to even see the new spiderman movies
Sure rebbit, you're the smartest, only second to Rick

haven't watched it

>The Social Network
>Never Let Me Go
>Silence
>Hacksaw Ridge
yeah Andrew Garfield is a good actor. deal with it.

too much masturbation and NIPPON STRONK in this film

WATCH MARTIN'S MOVIE
NOW!

I liked the movie, but holy shit it is hilarious to see how many christfags there are on this board

>Hacksaw Ridge
opinion invalidated

you believe in a bedtime story, stop talking down to people

>Sup Forums is religious meme
not fooling anyone, sweety

No he didn't, the lady put the crucifix there hoping it might do something even though he had already died and been judged. At least that's how I took it, maybe I'm a pleb.

Just step on it dude, it's only a formality

>you have to follow a retarded faith to understand, be influenced by, or even moved by it and its impact on the world

You are the reason your faith is shat on so much. You genuinely believe that a touching story that happens to revolve around a certain faith can only be enjoyed by people of that faith. It's definitely not because, ya know? It's a good film or anything.

please take your low IQ drivel out of this thread

The problem is he made an effort to damn the very people he meant to save. If you spend your whole life keeping the word of Christ out of the country you reside in, you are the enemy. Historically we don't know if he died with the cross. Scorsese just wanted to change the ending to help the audience feel better. There's a difference between Silence and working against the Lord and his Church.

>the lady put the crucifix there hoping it might do something
if this is how you actually think spiritual people think, then yes you are a pleb

Garfield and Driver were both great, although there are some scenes where it looked like Garfield flew in from South Beach hours before the shoot started he looked so fresh. Driver though lost a shitload of weight and you could see he was skin and bones in the scene where he drowned.

>just step on it, that's all
>okay
>now remove and keep any Christian contraband from entering the nation
>lol ok. I'd rather live and work against the church than die like the great martyrs before me.

Hated that.

seems boring and pretentious

The movie was probably meant for Leo if he didn't won with the Revenant.

>seems pretentious

Incredible film. It was honestly a nearly perfect adaptation of the book. People are complaining about it's length but the novel was the same. I read the book beforehand so the length didn't bother me in the least.

I thought Garfield was really good as well.

That's exactly the thing though, in my eyes it wasn't a spiritual person doing it the lady wasn't Christian. She just knew he was and she thought like that.

maybe, but I'd say he's too old to be Rodrigues

you a christian?

Your "spiritual people" is a fancy synonym for "delusional lunatics". There's no telling what a crazy man can think of. They can expect a zombie invasion from a parallel dimension at any moment, for all i care.

i liked it

>andrew garfield
Pass.

>Asking to be tortured to prove your faith in Christ

Some real hardcore motherfuckers in the movie.

Everybody involved was at the top of their game.

It's a tough watch, both because of the subject matter and the pacing, but it works. The ending did feel a little like it had finished and then kept you around but on reflection it just feels right.

It's a film that sticks with you and rewards patience.

>Your "spiritual people" is a fancy synonym for "delusional lunatics"

Not enough Liam Nesson, it just need we don't a tiny bit more before he got cucked.

Garfield's face annoys me, something to do with his mouth and nose distracts me and it feels like he's about to laugh at any second for no reason.

Needed more weird deformed ears actor guy, before he got captured.

The ending was too fast at comparison with the rest of the movie, the mid part dragged and made the ending feel like it took forever, but it didn't.

That cuck jap that betrays Garfield needed a better ending.

The Norwegian part at the end was meh.

> Christians not the villains

> non-whites torturing whites

I was amazed something like this was even allowed to be made. Didn't even know Scorcese directed it till the end. That old fuck probably has the best track record of making good movies.

Good movie, mediocre ending.

>That cuck jap that betrays Garfield needed a better ending.
his last scene with Garfield is the best scene in the film

haha delusional atheists!! so glad that i'm saved through my faith in jesus christ. he is risen!

that's all that happened though throughout the movie

Because the inquisitor made it clear he wouldn't kill him, he would just continue killing Christian peasants until he apostatizes.

It's about the relationship between a teenage girl and a robot build to mimic one. It's a pretty interesting look at how a robot might form attachments of their own without ever going the easy route of magically granting her human emotions.

>that's all that happened
even if this was true, then the "nothing happened" absolute pleb tier garbage babbies first criticism still wouldn't be acceptable
what is it with all the namefags? do you people not know how to trip?

The movie that finally turned me from an edgelord atheist to a believer. 10/10 despite some flaws

>crying about namefaggotry
>knowing how to trip properly
you played yourself

>millennials in a nutshell

it was alright
a strong 7 id say
but the ending treated the viewer as if he was a complete idiot (i guess that was my majo problem with this film)
also a bit boring in the beging