Summer in season 2:

Summer in season 2:
>worships a giant head in the sky
Summer in season 3:
>knows everything about everything rick and morty do

Its not just summer tho, all characters are basically ricks now, the wackiness of their adventures is common and boring for all of them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f_iqM6iy7sY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>>/reddit/

Her character changes only after the divorce. But, yeah, it's boring.

Show went downhill when she was introduced as a main character in episode 10

Clearly they should all be sorting out their problems in therapy

she has appeared like twice in the past four episodes

>show gets worse as it goes on

Everyone but Jerry is like Rick.

It's boring.

The shit writing was never good but it really jumped the shark in season 3. fuck this jew shit

Season 3 is kinda shit. There's only been 2 good episodes

morty being a human encyclopedia about the universe is probably the most annoying thing this season.

they are using the "infinite rick/morty" bit Way too much

>The shit writing was never good
Yes it was. Fuck off with your revisionist shit.

retconned into being third wheel by female writers

The family drama was never good at least. But it keeps getting worse.

Jerry in season 2:
>fantasizes about making out with a man
Jerry in season 3:
>is secretly a homophobe

they fucked it up so bad by not making the season finale about evil morty
too many shit episodes this season

also summer doesnt know much she just did what rick told her if she catches them doing mindblowers. she's getting older and she's smarter than morty dude it happens(morty is pretty much a retard)

this was the only good thing with summer in it

youtube.com/watch?v=f_iqM6iy7sY

That's accurate. It's usually how it goes.

>season 3 took 18 months to arrive
>morty's mindblowers is the penultimate episode

Now the show is at the farthest point conceptually from the pilot.

I thought it was the other way around.

I honestly don't know what the fuck do you guys want
do you guys want all the characters to stay the same and never develop for 17 years just like family guy? fuck off

Dan fucked up man its so obvious to see. Hired talentless female writers only because they're female, which resulted in a lot of shitty episodes and generally episodes weren't that good. I dont think he understood how much hype was going about this show. Lot changed between s2 and s3.
4th season will come quicker than the third though, theyre writing it right now. If he keeps fucking it they'll crash real fast.

if I wanted a boring unfunny soap opera I would probably just watch one

You can have a show with an episodic format or a linear storyline. Either is fine. Rick and Morty season 3 tries to do both and it's collapsing on itself.

it isn't, viewership is in all time high, you're talking out of your ass because you only hear the opinion of the circlejerk that is Sup Forums

>viewership is in all time high
user isn't talking about the popularity of the show when he's talking about the show collapsing on itself, idiot.

LESS FAMILY DRAMA
LESS FUCKING FEELINGS BULLSHIT
LESS FEMALE WRITING ABOUT INANE FEMALE SHIT

MORE WACKY SPACE ADVENTURES

How hard is that to process? Nobody watches the show to see how much Summer and Beth have matured as persons, and as women in the episode; they watch it for the random space hijinks. The more they force this pseudopsychobabble nonsense the shittier the show will get.

I want more interracial cuck story lines

>vieweship in all time high
>ratins didn't drop at all
>but contrarians on Sup Forums said the show is collapsing itself because reasons

when it reaches south park levels of shit you can it is "collapsing on itself" because now it sure isn't

i dno man, reddit norms Really like Rick and Morty

I'm not saying I don't enjoy Rick and Morty, but Season 3 is objectively worse than the previous 2 seasons and the characters are being handled poorly for the reason I stated. Also I couldn't give a fuck about viewership and I haven't posted on Sup Forums for years.

I want more testicle monsters.

Game of Thrones viewer ship is also an at all time high but season 7 is de-facto the worst

Stop falling for the tyranny of the majority to dictate what is good or not

>do you guys want all the characters to stay the same and never develop for 17 years just like family guy?

Maybe if the development was consistent and not just based on whatever hat the writers want to wear that day.

>Beth is a horrible parent whose complete lack of emotional intelligence stemming from her damaged relationship with her father causes a rift between her and her children
>Well, she learned to connect with Summer, that's something
>Oh no wait she's 2smart4u and needs to fuck off to outer space

>Summer is a normal teenager with body issues, high school drama, and a deeper understanding of her parents' failing marriage that occasionally gets involved in her grandfather's shenanigans
>No, wait, she's actually the glue that holds everything and everyone together and is never out of her depth
>Back to body issues
>Nope, competent badass

>Jerry is a pathetic leech that curries favor through pity but is also the only one who isn't sick enough to fall for Rick's bullshit and is only subject to his will because he is powerless and Rick actively hates him
>I guess Jerry can learn a lesson about not being such a pathetic slug and maintain his dignity
>Nah, he's a racist, sexist, beta male and forgot everything he learned about taking responsibility

Rick and Morty are the only characters with consistent characterization, and one of the main reasons this season sucks is because of how much Morty has taken a back seat.

It will be though?

Drama can work in the wacky space adventures too. The Jerry episode in s3 wasn't terrible, and the episode where Rick gets depressed with his hivemind gf is memorable. But instead of working drama into the stories, they make it the focus like the show is bojak horseman across the multiverse. Space hijinks with a little bit of drama, instead of mediocre drama disguised by space adventures.

Nvm I take back wtf. Are they clinically retarded?

It should tell you something when the best episode of season 3 had only Rick and Morty in it.

Summer is for the audience to relate to. She's the teenager and hence is written in the most obnoxious way possible to relate to the millennial faggot audience

>I haven't posted on Sup Forums for years.
So you're the kind of person who likes rick and morty and comes here to spread your shit taste? Fuck off.

>the dad character is a bumbling retard
>the mom character is an uncaring bitch
>everything in the relationship is the dad's fault, he always must apologize for everything, even when there is no real conflict
Fuck this liberal shit.

I want more episodes about females being superior to men.

>inb4 clonebeth falls in love with jerry again, they get back together and the family starts healing only for original beth to return having had her fill of riding on the interdimensional cock carousel, rick murders clonebeth and jerry goes insane from grief, becoming 'punished' jerry and also joins the alt-right

Harmon seriously dropped the fucking ball with the DEEPEST LORE and muh emotional characterizations bullshit, becaue he didn't keep them consistent. Wow Beth is now a super badass Rick wow, what a surprise totally didn't see that coming from a bunch of female diversoty hires.

This show is basically Venture Bros. now, only even worse.

It's almost like the new writers don't understand anything about the show they're writing for.

>blah blah i hate rick and morty but i can literally never stop watching it or discussing it on Sup Forums
not even going to look at the thread, i know youre all autistic retards. every single post on this board is like if kevin smith was extending the jay and silent bob strike back scene where they read online comments at moobies

It's simple. Drop Harmon, keep Roiland. Show fixed.

>stop disliking things I like
fuck off redditor. learn to take criticism for your shit taste.

smug poster btfo

How the FUCK was the writing good?
The humor was good, but the overall story?

>inb4 "the humor was good"

becauz le parallel universes are totes real and nihilism and SHIEEET

Beth during Season 2:
>Takes to alcohol as soon as she shoots Mr Poppybutthole, filled with grief and remorse. A vet who cares about animals and life.

Beth during Season 3:
>I'M SMART. I DON'T CARE, LET'S MURDER MY CHILDHOOD FRIEND I WAS TRYING TO SAVE AND THEN LEAVE MY FAMILY BEHIND SO I CAN MURDER SOME MORE. YAAAAAS.

Fuck man I just want Rick and Morty to go on adventures together. I hate that Summer has turned into a main character who just bitches and never fucks up. She was a loser at school who had no friends and now she is basically Rick 2.0. Beth is a horrible character too who keeps fluctuating from terrible parent that doesn't care to understanding her role as a parent.

this
Morty is one of the best parts of the show and he has been basically nonexistent. All other characters don't show any true character development, it literally changes from episode to episode.

yep, perfect summary. The dad slaying monsters now to stay with his monster-wife is literally nu-simpsons tier manufactured nonsense storyline

Is this even Flanderization at this point? Cause they didn't turn into overemphasized versions of themselves, they all just turned into Rick.

Next step will be every fucking side character like Principal Vagina and Goldenfold first getting a (((deep))) sappy backstory but then turning into Rick.

It is, the point is that it's subversive and unexpected to do it this way.

Do they? After the kick back from the female writers announcement. The sub-reddit had a purge of members who didn't like the change. R&M is barely a thing on reddit they are too busy losing their minds over Trump every 5 seconds.

>tries to act superior
>can't even use de facto correctly
Hipster pseuds...

>The sub-reddit had a purge of members who didn't like the change.
That sounds exactly like The_Donald. That site is surprisingly consistent.

This is the shit that makes me think that the new writers don't even watch the show

It's like they watched one episode and then brought their own fan fics into it

I bet you 100 dollars that some murdering daughter was some dumb cunts screen play that got rejected at every studio but then made Mike McMahan incorporate it into the show for a blowy joey

That's usually how it goes in movies and erotic literature. Fucking mentally ill faggots seriously think they can make such generalized statements like this? retard, you can't even perceive reality without your faggot lens making everything about sex

female writers were a mistake but where else will dan find his next future ex wife?

de facto
[dee fak-toh, dey]

adverb, adjective
in fact; in reality:

It's also pretty clear that realistically Beth would be violently murdered almost immediately when she starts exploring alien planets. She's clearly not as clever as Rick and even he has close calls sometimes

Shut up fag all words and phrases have only one meaning

destroyed

Are you ok?

ipso facto go de fuck yourself

>adverb, adjective
>and you tried to use it as a linking verb
Sorry buddy, you just got owned again.

If that girl was not uglily animated she could be my waifu nao

Good, most shows have shitty pilots.

>You used incorrect grammar in your post
>That must mean your post is invalid
I very much like the part where he fucked up the placement of an and at but you didn't notice that
You noticed
De-Facto

DEEE
FACT
TO

>haha everyone wants Rick and Morty to come back to what it was in the pilot episode, instead of being Bojack Horseman in space with murders, which is what Harmon's diversity hires turned it into, so i'll say that it was shitty to be an ultimate contrarian

ok fag thanks for that

mortys mindblowers sucked ass

This