/bcbg/ Bittersweet Candy Bowl General (Jabbey Edition)

Discuss:
>The comic in general
>The recent shit still going down
>The recent ships still going down

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

bittersweetcandybowl.com/c39/p6.html
bittersweetcandybowl.com/c58/p1.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Your OP is better so I deleted mine. Guys, please remember to keep it at next threads.

Anyway, back to comic:

> Abbey is finally free

Coming on a little strong there, Jazz.

I'd let her come strongly all over me.

> load off

You magnificent bastard.

> tfw so accurate

Hm, it looks like Lucy x Augustus ain't gonna happen.

>Lucy x Augustus ain't gonna happen.
GOOD.
The less relationships we have to deal with in this comic, the better

just realized Amaya has been there the entire time
Poor mute little thing
I feel bad for her

Abbey is low tier as fuck. He literally broke it off with his girlfriend because she was lecturing him about being a crazed pyscho.

Hope if he gets pulled back into the mix with another girl he totally freaks them out by going apeshit and he realizes that daisy is the only one that would put up with his baggage.

> push someone against the wall
> crazed psycho

Wew. I guess Paulo is a potential murderer and Lucy was a serial killer then?

Second, Abbey shouldn't have been with Daisy. He was literally forced into being with her, even through Daisy clearly preferred Mike.

Lastly, that won't happen unless Paulo decides to follow him. He is on another table now, which means he doesn't have to endure his presence anymore. (which is another plus)

He choke holded him unwarranted. Paulo is an asshole but he's also known daisy for way longer then him and knows way more about her. Paulo had all the time in the world to do anything with daisy if he wanted.

Also abbey is a psycho. He tried to beat the shit out of mike and their study hang out despite them only knowing each other for a brief amount of time . And he had an autistic freak out about bullies during the election despite him being one himself which is the ultimate irony. Most actual people aren't patient enough to put up with this and that would be a cool thing to work into the story.

>Taeshi simply brings Lucy back
>Comic becomes another Dumbing of Age

I fucking hate you for rewarding people who write trashy melodrama, Sup Forums.

Wan't she supposed to go to another school or something?

True, but I wasn't dismissing it as something not bad. Just that it wasn't that bad when compared to when Paulo got Mike's beat or Lucy's abuse of him.

Second, it's normal to dislike bullies. Even through a bit populist, that really doesn't bothers me: just stop being one and no problem.

Still, one of those I don't remember: can you link when Abbey tried to beat Mike?

she did. she's wearing her private school uniform "for the last time" while revisiting the group

>Amaya
Who dis?

>leave Daisy behind.
>get with Jasmine at her table and possibly acquire a harem.

I really want to see the look on the faces of Daisy and Paulo right now.

Abbey never tried to do anything to Mike. at all. his main issues have always been with Augustus and Paulo.

they should have stayed broken up. he only got back with her because Paulo guilt tripped him into it.

He broke up with her because even though he was wrong for doing that, he saw it as her sticking up for Paulo like she always does. not to mention she somehow forgot she slapped Abbey when he called her out on not telling Paulo to fuck off and that she would have easily done so if it was Mike.

Jasmine is better for him since she already told Paulo to fuck off, will be more mature and help him with his issues, and that takes him away from the group drama. which is something he really needs

>I really want to see the look on the faces of Daisy and Paulo right now.
They'd probably both be really upset. And not for the reaaon you think
Abbey leaving the group and acquiring a harem is basically the same rebound shit Lucy pulled with Paulo

> not to mention she somehow forgot she slapped Abbey when he called her out

Oh fuck, you are right. Another reason it's good this ship has sunk.

Mikes abuse in many of those situations is often played off as comedy is a problem. It makes it hard to read how bad it actually is. But every time abbey does something it's almost always serious in tone.

He was draconian and broke down in front of the entire school. Hating bullies is one thing having a break down over the discussion of bullies is another.

I don't remember the exact arc. But it was before abbey and daisy started dating. Mike was invited to a studying sleep over and assaults mike over his mistreatment of daisy. He shoves him so mike grabs or shoves him or something then abbey throws a punch.

I read it all recently so it kind of blends together in my mind it makes it hard to find.

Silent side-character character who's only really hangs out with Sue. She's like Marcy who always follows Peppermint Patty around, except without any lines.

>She's far more fun that you'll ever be
Destroyed.png

Well, seeing how Mike got physically injured (like one of the recents pics showing his knee scrapped from one of Lucy's attacks)... yeah, just because one assault is played more seriously doesn't mean it's more damaging. It's just that Abbey is more seriously, while Mike is the buttmonkey used to it.

Breaking over bullies really doesn't make him a crazy psycho. He was just emotionally invested about it, which seeing his story would be expected.

I really would like a link. Mostly because I want to check the context to see what exactly happened. Not that I don't trust you, but I don't remember Abbey ever being mean with Mike. Can't you be a bit more specific?

>Abbey never tried to do anything to Mike. at all
You must be an expert on this sort of thing.

Also, Mike used to not be such a pussy. Taeshi took away his spine in later chapters.

bittersweetcandybowl.com/c39/p6.html

Im walking and on mobile but heres the link. When I say he's crazy i dont mean literally but he's emotionally damaged to the point most people wouldn't put up with him.

I stand corrected. Still, it was a push then another push then the escalation. It's very bad, but not something I would paint as 'character defining'.

Also holy fuck, Mike used to be a badass. Who took his balls away?

See: Not saying it wasn't bad, but not as character defining as Lucy beating Mike or Paulo being an ass. It wasn't something Abbey frequently did.

the way every boy in this comic freaks out and gets violent over pussy is a real insight into the author's mind and how she thinks the world works

His emotional instability and violent tendencies would probably be enough for most people not want to associate with him

>Also holy fuck, Mike used to be a badass. Who took his balls away?
His fake imaginary girlfriend

>Mike used to be a badass. Who took his balls away?
Taeshi's decline in writing ability. Much like Paulo, Mike's characterization has been warped over time. He used to be a well-balanced character: he snarked back at Lucy from time to time, and he asserted himself when he needed to, but he eventually became every bit the pussy fruitcake that Paulo used to joke about him being.

It's shit like this that makes me insist to every new reader of the comic to start at the very beginning. Sure, the art was much less refined, but by skipping Vol. 1 you miss so much of the characters' histories that you'll fail to realize how some of them have been twisted by retcons of their personalities.

This. I 100% reccomend juat starting from Vol 1. The arts rough but fuck

He still stands up for himself. I don't know if his personality has warped so much as he's a gigantic pussy around Sandy. He'd snark back at Lucy, no matter how much of a bitch Sandy is he folds for her.

>lucys slowly going to come back
>that means that yashy and the rest of the roster of annoying pet characters will too

Are they popular? Or do most people dislike them? I do feel like for the most part their screen time was deminished as volume 1 ended but I can't tell if that was because of feedback or just story direction.

I know Lucy has her own fucking fanbase

Make a story prediction:

Sandy breaks up with mike for being immature. I feel like it's pretty obvious considering his in person discussion of lucy with sandy as well as his juvenile hobbies and tendencies.

The pets have been officially dropped from the story, as per a news post quite a while back.

> Sandy breaks up with mike for being immature.

That would be extremely shitty.

>Vol. 1
>news post

I'd also recommend not skipping over Taeshi's commentary on each page. They add a lot of charm to the comic, and they also explain changes in the story or reveal added insight into the characters.

> no matter how much of a bitch Sandy

Pray tell, what exactly did Sandy do besides telling him to grow up a single time?

Sandy isn't exactly a model girlfriend

> His emotional instability and violent tendencies

Well, if we put that into play then both Paulo and Lucy should also be forever alone.

She is pretty much the nicest character to have ever graced Mike.

Even if proved (as other user suggested) she gives sex for contracts, she is still one of the best persons in the whole female cast.

Its in the weird way she makes him promise not to do it again

Promise not to do what? Stop being immature?

To don't treat her like she was 8 years old. She is probably more mature mentally, but still that doesn't change that Mike is one of the few people, in her own words, to be legit nice. I don't think that would really kill their relationship over a minor flaw.

>To don't treat her like she was 8 years old

Isnt that just kind of how mike is? Also when he told he wished lucy was dead that was pretty immature as well. Just feels like a theme in their relationship.

They live in two different worlds so i wouldnt be suprised if after awhile they realize they have nothing in common anymore.

What do they have in common anyhow? Ignoring the qhole childhood thing thwy're practically glued together because they both hate Lucy

Lucy and Paulo shouldn't have friends period considering that they're much worse with their shit than Abbey is

>thwy're practically glued together because they both hate Lucy

> Isnt that just kind of how mike is?

Mike may be immature sometimes, but he can be well tempered too.

> Also when he told he wished lucy was dead that was pretty immature as well.

That was a nick of moment reaction, one that wasn't serious but still came to haunt him later. Nothing to do with age, we all got mad and said 'I hope you die' to someone at somepoint in our lives.

> Just feels like a theme in their relationship.

Actually their main theme would be the dependency of one in the other.

> They live in two different worlds so i wouldnt be suprised if after awhile they realize they have nothing in common anymore.

They have something pretty strong however: Sandy truly cares with Mike (she was one of the first to denounce his physical hurtings) and Mike truly cares with Sandy (he gives her constant attention and would practically drop dead if she asked). They have the love, the other things they can work together.

Sandy's image of Lucy is based on what Mike told her. Which is quite accurate, I must add.

Mike's hate of Lucy probably turned into regret by now. but Sandy really only has Lucy's abuse of mike to go off of

While Mike is really feeling for Lucy (because, holy crap, who thought she would try to an hero), I think you are exaggerating about how Sandy feels about Lucy. Hate is a strong word, she just dislikes her because she knows how much Lucy has hurt him.

the rebound thing would depend on when Abbey gets with Jasmine. if it's a good while after they break up then it's whatever.

on the other hand...Daisy had a high level break down just because Sandy didn't remember her from years back when they were kids. like, that shit was not normal

I just want her to realize that she really didn't do anything to try and smooth over Paulo and abbeys feud. that she kept making excuses for Paulo

It's not really if Abbey gets wih Jazz
Daisy's going to SEE Abbey with Jazz and ASSUME he's with her
Look into your heart, you know it to be true

I agree with this user. It will be an epic meltdown.

ah well...better get the popcorn

>Daisy's going to SEE Abbey with Jazz and ASSUME he's with her
She'll think they're a better fit together and blame herself for not backing him up against Paulo sooner.

And the worse thing about it is that you're right, purely because of Daisy's negative self esteem

Wasnt one of her things that lucy didn't deserve mikes attention

yeah it was something she blurted out while drunk at the party

The gang needs to get drunk again

>They pull a Scott Pilgrim and have a Mike making out with Paulo scene
Alternatively: Paulo making out with David
And David ia completely sober

>harem
Maybe more of a mentor role. Having a harem just isn't Abbey's style.

He's a new man
No longer restrained by Daisy
No longer tortured by Paulo's endless banter
He is a free agent

Yes, Abbey is pure.

Abbey's a stick in the mud and he can't handle the bantz.

>Abbey leaves the group and joins Jazz'
>His attitude changes
>His desposition changes
>He actually happy

>Even if proved (as other user suggested) she gives sex for contracts
See pic related and read "To the Top" again.

bittersweetcandybowl.com/c58/p1.html

>Abbey leaves the group and joins Jazz'
>His attitude changes
>His desposition changes
>He becomes his father
Fix'd.

Who will Abbey assault next?
Make your bets.
I think it will be Paulo again.

>Abbey goes outside
>sees Lucy chatting with Augustus
>thinks he's trying to prey upon yet another girl with emotional issues

>Abbey assaults Paulo again
>Jazz protects Paulo
>Abbey has a nuclear meltdown because apparently everyone fucking defents Paulo

Why are you mad though? Lucy's an interesting character and one of the main reasons to read this comic is to get your fill of trashy melodrama. Comics without conflict are boring.

>Jabbey

>how_is_jabbey_formed.png
Clever girl...

I'm glad this has a likely chance of happening. The meltdown is going to be so dramatic that it'll end up being hilarious.

Paulo pls go.

Cry more, Abs

I think you are being a bit pessimistic user. I don't think someone being raped would act like that.

She seemed blue, not a wreck. Not saying it's impossible, just that I don't think it's something that dark.

Go neck Mike again since he is a pussy.

I find it hard since this time he won't have to hang with Paulo anymore (because no Daisy). Not impossible, but still.

Still having hope that the next assault will be Mike against Paulo, maybe if Paulo push him a bit more he may recover his lost balls.

Mike's too good of a guy to assault Paulo. Maybe he'll fuck Paulo's shit up if Paulo leaves him no choice but I doubt he would be an instigator.

> dubs
> dubs
> trips

I'm on the roll today.

Paulo already necked him once. If he like push him or try to forcefully remove him from the table... I can see it escalating to physical. Not as instigator, and frankly not as beating the crap, but still something like

Go cry to Daisy
OH WAIT

How is Rachel doing?

Rachel is the best character, I hope she stays an important character for the rest of the comic. If she doesn't I will reeeeee like some kind of cartoon frog.

How's your dad doing?
I mean, you guys are practically the same
You must be pretty close

This comic seems like melodramatic shit. Is that what it takes to retain interest; keep on shovelling the melodrama and shit?

No, but conflict is necessary to retain interest.

Abbey is cute

I'M TRIGGERED BY THE SECOND PANEL

SHE LOOKS TO HER LEFT

BUT HE'S STANDING ON HER RIGHT

WTFFFFF

Shhhh
Shhhhhhhh
Shhhhhhhhhhhhh

Who said she was getting raped? She could be doing it on her own initiative.

posting my OTP that will never happen ;_;

>Inb4 Jazz drops some religion onto Abbey
>Inb4 Abbey learns to control his anger through the power of RELIGION