Sam's speech much to stronk

Why was lotr so based?

I am amazed by it often. Btw, Tolkien and CS Lewis were friends. CS Lewis wrote Narnia
Clip related in the feels

youtu.be/k6C8SX0mWP0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rag_9J1ZC2g
youtu.be/xVEYcTyj1Do
youtube.com/watch?v=Lgcd6jvsCFs
youtu.be/SQkygZdZ_Vk
youtu.be/EmTz7EAYLrs
youtube.com/watch?v=EXGUNvIFTQw
youtube.com/watch?v=k6C8SX0mWP0
youtube.com/watch?v=IrOqnZdvI6M
youtube.com/watch?v=Z_cHqJni5go
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm still astounded that these movies were even made. They are outrageously pro-White.

This is one of my favourite scenes.
youtube.com/watch?v=Rag_9J1ZC2g

>Great 10/10 casting

>Great 10/10 aesthetics

>Great 10/10 pacing

>Great 10/10 soundtrack

>Great 10/10 message

>Great 10/10 script

>Great 10/10 cgi

>Great 10/10 passionate crew

>Great 10/10 message

Agreed

I really think in a lot of ways it perfectly defines the struggle of western civilization against the mindless "orcs" of our modern age

youtu.be/xVEYcTyj1Do

>saruman the white is evil

Fucking Hollywood

>Gandalf the white is a saviour

conflicted feelings...

I'm pretty much incapable of seeing flaws in LoTR even when people try and point them out. It's the one series that always remains pure and flawless in my heart and mind, it's just too precious to me.

One of the few things that can still make me feel something.

>tfw Boromir died a hero to prevent himself from becoming the villain

In fact Saruman represents the "white traitor" figure.

The true white is then Gandalf

Saruman is literally a kike

I often feel the same regarding Narnia. Of course Tolkien was vital in converting CS Lewis from atheism to Christianity.

This little clip from cs lewis is very relevant today
youtube.com/watch?v=Lgcd6jvsCFs

>three rings for the elven kings under the sky
triune consciousness
>seven for the dwarf lords in their halls of stone
master craft masons who enslave humanity
>nine for mortal men doomed to die
reference to 9 planets and solar system incarnationary system and planetary attributes, time/space = sin/SINE = tomb/womb
>one for the dark lord on his dark throne
the god father force, or aether, in eternal darkness
>in the land of mordor where shadows lie
reference to our solar system
>the rest
reference to king of our solar system, Saturn

Because it's a medieval fantasy, and now it can stay that way.

He wanted the power fo the ring to save his kingdom, but he then realized his error and repented for his sins.

>Saruman of Many Colours

Then Peter Jackson royally fucked up the Hobbit movie.

It should have been just one movie. The book isn't even equal to the Fellowship of the Ring.

George Lucas all over again.

He had no restrictions in The Hobbit so the autist went crazy.

The Hobbit is the Star Wars prequels

Tolkien loved England and English history. Even if he had never authored any fiction he would still be remembered as the greatest Anglo-Saxon historian of our time. The Lord of the Rings was his love letter to the old western literary tradition.

Agreed. I was so disappointed when I watched the first movie. As far as I know, the only damn song they did was the very first one. In my opinion, the animated movie in 1979 is so much better than Peter Jackson's shitty cash grab.

youtu.be/SQkygZdZ_Vk

This should help you figure out why

>Radagast the Brown just gets high all day and never even shows up

That's not really a why, just a how.

That doesnt justify anything.

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis are truly great men

C.S. Lewis is my favorite author and I have read heavily ever since kindergarten

I believe I've read almost everything extant that Lewis has ever Written.

It is because of him that I am a Christian.

The beauty that I saw through his writing convinced me that there was something of value to be had by the experience of being - Indeed it showed me that beauty as a thing in itself could be true at all

I would likely have killed myself or at least have wished too were it not for him and by extension Tolkein

Perhaps, that doesn't give him the go ahead to rewrite the entire fucking story and essentially recreate everything. Fucking hell, Radagast was in there and Legolas was there both of which had absolutely nothing to do with the original book.

CS Lewis has a great essay by the name "Mere Christianity"

It's on 8 chan

Trump edit when?

That's what changed e from being a weird sort of deist (the Chinese Room Thought Experiment and MAry's Room Experiment convinced me that physicalism was illogical) to a Christian

I found it beautiful and in full accordance with what my heart told me was good - even where I was too weak to follow through

It was the first book of his that I read, about a year ago - from there I burned all of his major works and much more besides in about 4 months. I bought the Chronicles of Narnia before I left to this country and I use them to space me out between harder philosophy and theology. When I'm reading the horror outlined by "The Culture of Critique" or :Libido Dominandi" it is good to be reminded that good is possible

burned through*

>cast is all white, except for evil foreigners and orcish hordes of hate and violence
>when a member of the cast dies, they just come back even whiter

Think I might watch the films again tonight, lads.

youtu.be/EmTz7EAYLrs

"Fear no darkness"

Theoden, king

youtube.com/watch?v=EXGUNvIFTQw

Stand! men of the West!

What did he mean by this?

Biggest load of horse hockey I ever heard.

He is Saruman of many colors when he turns traitor in the books.

Would've been to blatant in the films.

Sarum an represents SJWs. Siding with the evil orcs and the enemy against his own kind.

Holy shit, this fucking scene gives me feels everytime
>youtube.com/watch?v=k6C8SX0mWP0

Tolkien himself was pretty based.

>The bigger things get the smaller and duller or flatter the globe gets. It is getting to be all one blasted little provincial suburb. When they have introduced American sanitation, morale-pep, feminism, and mass production throughout the Near East, Middle East, Far East, USSR, the Pampas, el Gran Chaco, the Danubian Basin, Equatorial Africa, Hither Further and Inner Mumboland, Gondhwanaland , Lhasa, and the villages of darkest Berkshire, how happy we shall be. At any rate it ought to cut down travel. There will be nowhere to go. So people will (I opine) go all the faster. Col. Knox says ⅛ of the world's population speaks 'English', and that is the biggest language group. If true, damn shame - say I. May the curse of Babel strike all their tongues till they can only say 'baa baa'. It would mean much the same. I think I shall have to refuse to speak anything but Old Mercian. But seriously: I do find this Americo-cosmopolitanism very terrifying."

>"I look East, West, North, South, and I do not see Sauron. But I see that Saruman has many descendants. We Hobbits have against them no magic weapons. Yet, my gentle hobbits, I give you this toast: To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees.”

can one of you shitskins post that arabic pig fucker script into american english?

Absolutely excellent video, thank you famalam

Guillermo Del Taco ruined everything

Fucking Mexicans, even the "white" ones are shit.

You guys should really read the book that precedes the LoTR. The Silmarillion talks about the creation of Middle Earth, the origins Gandalf and Saruman, and Sauron.

In this book there are battle with thousands of Balrogs, dragons, high elves, etc. You'll learn about the creation of the orcs. You'll read about the rise and fall of Melkor... of whom Sauron was merely a low ranking pawn.

The book is written at a very high reading level. Think David Copperfield, Moby Dick, or Ulysses. It is not Harry Potter that is for damn sure. I expected it to read like LoTR... It did not. It is a beautifully written books - but you have to be 100% on your game to read it. You can't read it when you are sleepy, or if you are doing more than one thing.

I'm in my thirties now, and I honestly think it was one of the top three books I've ever read, and I read pretty much every day.

I find this funny but at the same time, you cant improve on perfection

>Meanwhile, in 2016, Tolkien's beloved country looks like this.

Have read and you are 100% correct

I rewatch all 11 hours of the Extended trilogy like once a year

Thanks guys for these.

Sometimes we need to be reminded of the greatness within all of us

I read the LOTR series in the the 5th grade when advertisement started for the first movie, on my fathers recommendation. Afterwards he lent me the Silmarillion and his Tolkein companion for reference. Could only get about two pages in before I gave up.

Completely forgot about that until now. Next time I see the old man I'll ask him about those books.

Never doubt the power of hope

I read that book and it amounted to him explaining taking a giant leap of faith because reasons. Made no real argument for Christianity at all.

What does the One Ring represent?

You're the kind of guy that refuses to go the park with your gf because it's "boring" and "pointless". Am I right?

In the book Gandalf called his coat rainbow colored.

What did he mean by this? :^)

Thanks bro, really

know that you touched the life of at least one person

C.S. Lewis Doodles is based, I've watched them all

Sortof a kick in the nuts huh? Silmarillion was the only the second time in my life I picked a book I wasn't smart enough to read. The first time was Moby Dick when I was in 6th grade, and the Silmarillion kicked by ass in 9th grade. Both of them are amazing books, and I read them in college.

Give Silmarillion another try, you'll love it. Just read it slow. Take notes for the chapter. These techniques, which we all reject in middle school and highschool, are actually there for a reason - and give a big boost to reading comprehension. I found it made the Silmarillion much more enjoyable.

But the big thing is, don't feel embarrassed that there is a book out there that is hard to read. It is not a shook that a genius like Tolkein is capable of writing something that can knock normal people on their asses. Basically, he wrote LoTR to be read by people - so he toned his powerlevel down. Whereas the Silmarillion is everything he has - burning your neurons out.

Certainly not any sort of faggotry. In Tolkien's day gays were beaten in the streets not parading around with rainbow flags. In other words rainbows were still about magic and mystery before fags adopted it as their symbol.

A leap of faith because the philosophy laid out by Chritianity agreed with his logic and the beuty of the potential world it laid out agreed with his heart - even the horror it laid out agreed with what he felt

It is a leap of faith to believe anything - you could be a brain in a vat being fed sense data for all you can possibly prove. All you have to go on is reason and your heart

This, we need to reclaim rainbows from the gays and the left

I love tye dye but refrain from wearing it often because I don't want to bolster the leftism it has come to be associated with

Saruman would be the antichrist, he's the jewish traitor, he appears to be white but he's against white people; while Gandalf is christ, he sacrifices himself fighting "satan" and comes back as white light to bring vengeance on the devil. Tolkien was a devout christian.

I'll give it a try now

Tolkien hated allegory.

The other way I've heard it interpreted are that Saruman and Gandalf can be interpreted as the same man - one choosing good and the other choosing wordliness

I thin this jibes with a theme in Christianity and Lewis where it is not simply that a thing in itself is bad (Aquinas writes that nothing can be platonic evil because evil is the lack of form) but that anything can be turned towards the work of God or away from God into the outer darkness

Did anyone here see that video of a priest talking about The Lord of the Rings? It's only like 5 minutes long. I remember he said that Christ was 3 things: a king, a priest, and something else I forgot, and Aragorn was the king, Frodo was the priest, and Gandalf was the other thing.

You're joking right?

The lust for power.

I always thought of Gandalf as a priest

Maybe the Hero is the other part? The man that acts himself rather than guides or orders others

On women.

>You may meet in life, women who are flighty, or even plain wanton — I don't refer to mere flirtatiousness, the sparring practice for the real combat, but to women who are too silly to take even love seriously, or are actually so depraved as to enjoy 'conquests', or even enjoy the giving of pain – but these are abnormalities, even though false teaching, bad upbringing, and corrupt fashions may encourage them. Much though modern conditions have changed feminine circumstances, and the detail of what is considered propriety, they have not changed natural instinct."

>A man has a life-work, a career, (and male friends), all of which could survive the shipwreck of 'love'. A young woman, even one 'economically independent', as they say now (it usually really means economic subservience to male commercial employers instead of to a father or a family), begins to think of the 'bottom drawer' and dream of a home, almost at once."

user? What did the Lembas bread represent?

And yet the Silmarillion is filled with Biblical allegory.

It just is. One of the greats.

So many good scenes and lines.

youtube.com/watch?v=IrOqnZdvI6M

In the book, saruman abandons his status as the white wizard to become Saruman of many colors

"Sometimes Lembas bread is just Lembas bread" - Theodore Roosevelt

underrated comment, made me kek

You skipped the valaquenta clearly. Or you're confusing allegory with applicability.

Not worth the slap fight. Hell im a naturalist and a tree hugger. That means I interact a lot with leftist retards. I know my shit so people seek me out to take them on a foraging trip or a guided hike/paddle. When they start spouting leftist shit I just shut them down by saying "the only reason we have this huge pristine landscape to enjoy is because Teddy Roosevelt, a conservative president enjoyed shooting animals in the face."

Usually works.

So wear your tie dye and blow their minds by being yourself and having your own opinions.

Can confirm. Silmarillion is literally the goat.

I've read all the classics, I've read most of the Greeks yet I would place silmarillion well above them.

Good advice

King, Priest and Prophet. Gandalf is the prophet.

>the only reason we have this huge pristine landscape to enjoy is because Teddy Roosevelt, a conservative president enjoyed shooting animals in the face.

God Bless Teddy.

I have a book that has all of his speeches and letters

He wrote that advances in technology would likely end up enabling the genocide of savage african tribals which he didn't find entirely unapealing - but he personally believed in meritcracy and appointed one of the first black judges on the bases of merit alone (there was no popular push for leftism so virtue signaling would not have been the cause). He was a sensible racist - recognizing that the aggregate of blacks were inferior to whites but that some men break the mold and shouldn't be held back because of the mass. That's a very American outlook in my view

He's my favorite president by far

Oh dear

youtube.com/watch?v=Z_cHqJni5go

LOTR always was an allegory for WW1 and WW2, a coming-to-terms of European values and desires for the future in the face of such dire challenges to its perceived world authority and supremacy. How could the European order be the best, when it has led to so much death and destruction? Tolkien I think was consumed by such thoughts.

>Saruman the white
He was the leader of the council, friend of elves and ents and over all an amazing dude.

Then shit hits his head, he goes wild and he calls himself
>Saruman of many colours
Many colours
Like a raibow!

And first thing he does is breed a new kind of ork

Fucking hell!

Was tolkien prophetic ?

>Was tolkien prophetic ?

All the evidence points to yes

>That MtG card really exists

Thanks for the 90s not giving a fuck
Thanks SJWs for ruining MtG

One could almost say that it "really makes you think."

Yeah I visit his study at the old Roosevelt estate in NY once a year.

But enoug of this we are sliding the dialogue of the thread.

Tolkein, Lewis and Chesterton laid out the progress of modern leftism almost 100 years ago

They were prophets

They also had a Jihad card

becaus elike all bros and male friends, we must fight before we can become the truest of pals.

women remark on this.
women fight, and hold grudges for ages.
men fight, and become buds afterwards.

All the more reason to delve into their thoughts to combat the orcs who would assail what is right.

I've gone through almost all of the work of lewis, much of the work of Chesterton, but I've only read the hobbit - they lay out a sensible moral philosophy and most importantly a reason to care about it

Now I'm working through Aquinas as well as modern histories like Culture of Critique and Libido Dominndi

Balrogs didn't have wings.

Fucking REEEEEEEEE

Someone please define "based". Due to the wide range of usage, I haven't been able to consistently put it into context.

no, they do. it's hard to tell in the moive though because of all the fire

based is the Sup Forums term of awesome, newfag

This is amazing

thank you

>Jihad isn't black

Missed an opportunity there

Army of Allah is where it's at

>But Mr. Frodo, do you remember the Shire?
Shits gay, bro. Sam is still pretty based and I'm glad he shagged the fuck outta that hot hobbit bitch at the end.