MCU Vulture

Standard MCU realistic tacticool complaints aside, this is a really weird design to go with considering Falcon already has this sort of design (albeit smaller).

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_Homecoming
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Well, the Vulture's wings are basically the same as Falcon's in the comics anyway.
I like it. Looks imposing as fuck, and I like that they incorporated the furry collar. The vulture feet are nice, too.
Toomes has always been one of the less inspiring Spideyfoes, anyway.

>this is a really weird design to go with considering Falcon already has this sort of design (albeit smaller).

That didn't stop them from creating two guys with the same design in the comics,

I'm digging the Bomber jacket

I really like what they've done with it. Its like they took the Falcon design and made an alpha predator. But I cant help but think of Top Gun DANGER ZONE jokes when looking at it

The vulture is the father of falcon' deceased buddy that falcon mentions in the winter soldier.
He Got the tech from his dead son.
He modified the tech.
This was all confirmed in that leak.

The bomber jacket is the best part of the design.

Dear God this is shit

I hate it.

I half expect to hear that song in the movie

thats stupid.
Toomes is an inventor.
why not have him be the one who created the original wings and had the tech stolen from him?

Which leak would that be? I kind of liked the one where Mary Jane appears at the end with the tiger line and they go to a Spider Man themed homecoming dance. It sounded like an early draft

Looks cool.

But HOW THE HELL will they do the "sucking the life of teenagers" part?

Rumor has it that Toomes got the name "Vulture" in the science community for taking other peoples designs and improving them. Is the Tinkerer confirmed for this movie? Because it feels like they combined his character with Toomes, unless theyre setting up Otto or Norman as the guy helping arm thugs

The bigger problem

>Cast a super expensive celebrity to play the Vulture

Pretty much guaranteed that he'll be another "die in one movie" villain like nearly all other MCU bad guys. Doubtful Keaton would want to do a second one of these and even less doubtful Marvel/Sony would pay him to come back.

this is cool as shit i love it

its got the green, the fur, the feathered wings, even the helmet gives of a bald head vibe

here's hoping they let him stay around to do sinister six stuff

They should have Peter totally stood up by Liz. Leaving him without the girl at the end of the movie. It's an easy way to go against the cliche of him getting the girl at the end. That way he could move on to mj or Gwen without a former gf fucking dying.
Plus guys it would make the whole highschool aspect more realistic

Haha wait, its KEATON? lol

You shut your whore mouth! Disney is getting out their checkbook and we will have the Sinister Six!

>But HOW THE HELL will they do the "sucking the life of teenagers" part?

They won't.

>Pretty much guaranteed that he'll be another "die in one movie" villain like nearly all other MCU bad guys.

Possibly. But I also feel a bit like the MCU has been ambiguously removing some of their villains, rather than killing them. They're gone...permanently, if need be. Or, if they want, they can asspull them back.

>Is the Tinkerer confirmed for this movie?

Yes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_Homecoming

>Michael Chernus is cast as Phineas Mason / Tinkerer

If rumors are to be believed, Tinkerer is a former employee of Stark Industries who's basically reproducing shit he and or Stark designed and is selling it to criminals. Hence Shocker probably.

>Rumor has it that Toomes got the name "Vulture" in the science community for taking other peoples designs and improving them.

Other rumors say that the Vulture's suit actually is Falcon's wingpack that was confiscated in Civil War. Toomes stole it and modified it with leftover/salvaged Chitauri tech. Both that and the one you mention don't sound like they contradict eachother. Could be neat.

I like the idea of the sinister six having a different roster than they do in the comics.
The team should be made up of shitty petty villains that don't stand a chance on their own.

>Pretty much guaranteed that he'll be another "die in one movie" villain like nearly all other MCU bad guys.

The only wrench in that is Sony's massive hardon for a Sinister Six movie. They really, really want to stockpile the Spider-Man villains.

Even if Keaton won't come back, they can get someone else to play a new Vulture (there have been, like, 4 or 5 different Vultures apart from Toomes in the comics, so they've got plenty to choose from).

The Sinister Six's roster has always rotated. But personally I think the best setup we could get is
>Vulture
>Shocker
>Rhino
>Mysterio
>Doctor Octopus
>Scorpion or Kraven ( I couldnt decide)
Also what kind of offensive capabilities do you think the Vulture suit has? Falcon's CW suit had some neat toys with it, but want Toomes to be the next level of that. Doubt it will have the youth sucking anti aging thing though

That was proven fake.

It's not like you also need to have Vulture for the Sinister Six. Almost every Spidey villain has been a member at some point. Group any six of them together and you got the Sinister Six.

Of any of the villain actors in Homecoming, I suspect Woodbine has the most potential to return and appear as playing one of the Six. They'll probably treat him as upper hench level like they did with Batroc and Rumlow in TWS for this movie. Then bring him back. He's the cheaper choice compared to Keaton.

>another "die in one movie" villain

Uuuuugggghhhhhh

I know MCU films follow a rigid formula and will never waver from it because Profits, but can't they retool at least THIS aspect of the recipe?

I feel like theyre trying to get away with that if Zemo and Dormammu are anything to go by

I think it's pretty great. I like how they mimick Vulture's neck feathers as that fluffy part on his coat.

Just be glad we didn't get THIS emo piece of shit Vulture

>They won't.
He has Chitauri tech built into the suit. Especially in his feet talons which is how he'll do the age draining. It's part of the reason why we see Peter fighting generic crooks with alien gear weapons, to establish how that technology has spread on the black market and into criminal hands.

You can see it in the design btw, his boots are noticeably of a different style than the rest of his gear.

I can't believe people really still think the movies have the time to delve into villains more than once. There's a massive difference between two hour movies that release every two to three years and comics that release every month.

Probably same tech company?

I really hope not, for Spidey's sake. The other heroes are adults, but he's a kid. It feels wrong to have a kid's villain just up and die, even if it's somehow his own doing,

the bomb jacket with the fuzzy collar and fighter pilot helmet is a GOAT design

can't believe some of you fags hate it

I would have preferred something like this.

Spectacular?

This design just doesn't feel 'distinguishable" enough, it's like this was designed as a typical henchman goon you'd see in a video game.

It's a more 'tacticool' version of of the Spectacular Spider-man Vulture, yes.

That's a boss in MGS4 though.

Plus this is a universe where Falcon is actually cool so this Anti-falcon is also cool.

Yeah the MCU is keeping their heroes busy or retired between and during movies as well. Its kind of nice actually. Before it was all like "wheres the avengers in Iron man 3?" "Wheres the avengers in cap 2?"
Now theyre either off planet, retired, or too government controlled to help out. Makes more sense.
Plus the MCU can just bring them back into the fold whenever they want too.
Kind of stops the whole universe from being super crowded all the time.

Can't wait till the movie comes out and they showcase concept art that looked ten times better.

MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE

But user, it's OK when Marvel does it.

>Wanda could have looked like this.

> But user, Marvel knows how to do it so it isn't shit

You phrased that really weirdly, so I fixed it for you.

>iron man is going to job to this guy
feels bad

Well, glad we dodged that bullet at least.

Some things that work in comics don't look as good live action. That costume would be one of them.

>Marvel knows how to do it
lolno. Using GI Joe knockoffs is not the way to go.

What is Starlord going to do with that piece of helicarrier?

>Some things that work in comics don't look as good live action. That costume would be one of them.

This.

And I'm glad Based Olsen has the good sense to recognize that too.

>SW dressing like a slut
Unacceptable, indeed.

I don't give a shit about Spider-Man

I just want someone at Sony to fire Amy Pascal and for Sinister Six to be replaced by Superior Six in the lineup

I don't like it. I feel like the MCU's fear of actually adapting villain designs killed the opportunity for a cool sleek design, in exchange for this garbled lazy one.

That's fine. The movies are about the heroes, not the villains. You only make the villain the centerpiece when the heroes are too lame to hold a movie on their own.

Par for the course. When has an MCU movie ever had anything good visually?

He doesn't even feel like Toomes to me. Robert Englund, Ben Kingsley, and John Malkovich were all better choices (though they already wasted Kingsley).

He will have to literally suck their life essences.

Whats garbled about it? Its basically the same sort of wings that Falcon has, but with the look that the costume is designed to fly at higher altitudes.

Falcon would have trouble breathing if he went too high, and the cold would slow him down. This Vulture design shows an improvement on both of those fronts in a way that looks pretty practical.

Same basic premise, different focus. Feels consistent with the universe, looks dangerous. Its no coincidence that the positioning of the turbines in the wings turns the vulture's profile into the face of a bird of prey.

The small beady eyes are creepy as fuck on that helmet.

Really digging this get up.

I dunno, Keaton seems like he's good-humored enough in his age to be willing to do stuff like return appearances as a villain.

Hell, Jeff Bridges said he wishes he could come back as Stane.

The bigger problem isn't the actors not wanting to come back, the problem is Marvel's movie template formula that always involves the villain dying at the end.

Yeah, I'm not usually a tacticool kind of guy, but I really like it.

Falcon vs. Vulture basically the same formula as Iron Man vs. Iron Monger or Hulk vs. Abomination or Ant Man vs. Yellow Jacket.

Same concept but the villain's getup is bigger and scarier and loaded with more weapons and doodads. The heroes get the sleek, pared down aesthetic while the villains are bigger and more imposing.

With the amount of time the average summer blockbuster pisses away on cheap sentiment and slow panning shots on the approach to the bad guy's headquarters, they could cover 2-3 villains easily.

I like pretty much everything about this design except his jacket. They should've made his torso the same green armor like design his legs are instead of a bomber jacket.

That's because action movies always seek high-caliber actors to play the villains, and said high-caliber actors are only willing to do one of these movies.

Keaton himself declined the offer initially until they offered him more money.

Pic unrelated? if you're gonna post one of those, post the ones where Ultron looks threatening yet comic-accurate.

Gonna be a sad day when Power Rangers comes out and looks better than the MCU. Is there a Power Rangers knock off that it can be compared to afterwards?

>But user, it's OK when Marvel does it.

Nobody ever said that. Both the MCU and DCCU have their share of good and bad designs.

But then no neck fluffies

The wings' turbos in the middle are completely out of place to me. The whole "aerial" aesthetic takes away completely from the Vulture one, like trying to mix two different villain motifs at the same time. It doesn't feel threatening to me, because it looks too bulky and mishmashed, as opposed to a more sleek design (which would have fit the Vulture more). The mask is nothing special or distinctive, and feels like just a mask on top a random outfit.

That's just me, but I'm not digging it at all.

>Some things that work in comics don't look as good live action.
Because they don't try hard enough.

>typical henchman goon you'd see in a video game.
Is that supposed to be an example? Because that's one of the main Boss fights in MGS

See, THAT is the problem. Why does he even need to be Abbasid from the Falcon? Why does he need to be a bulkier version? He isn't in a Falcon movie, and his origin isn't tied with Falcon's. He is Spider-Man's enemy, focus on things that contrast with Spider-Man, not fucking Falcon. Not everything needs to be tied.

> Implying Courtney B. Vance can't play him in live action as he did on the cartoon.

>considering Falcon already has this sort of design
i thought this was the point, that it was a rip off from Falcons outfit, while he was in custody

Isn't this kind what raimi had in mind for the vulture or am i remembering wrong

Well, at the very least it's better than Goomba Lizard.

Because it's stylistically designed to be that way.

*based on

Why is it weird to you that they're trying to connect things to the broader MCU?

That's not answering my question whatsoever. By trying so hard to do that, it takes away the aesthetics of the actual character, all just to tie him into shit he's never been tied to before.

Its really fucking great honestly. Going with a fighter pilot motif is a really neat idea, it lets them do the fuzzy collar in a way that doesn't look the least bit campy.

The beady eyes are also intimidating as shit, its about as good of a design as I think we could have reasonably hoped for.

>Not everything needs to be tied.

The humongous selling point of Homecoming is that it IS tied into the MCU. Why do you think the trailers included an Avengers gag and all that Iron Man footage? Fuck, even the title is a fourth wall breaking reference to the fact that Marvel got the rights back.

Vulture being tied to Falcon tech wise falls inline with what this movie's all about.

That doesn't mean that's a good thing. I was rolling my eyes so much I could feel my skull rattle when Tony popped up.

That looks way to much like MCU Falcon

It's a really cool design for a henchman, but it's a really shitty design for the vulture.

Yellowjacket looked too much like ant-man, what's your point.

I......hate..... TACTICOOL!!!!!!!!!

>not wanting a campy villain in spider-man

If there's somewhere the MCU could go over the top, is the Spider-man rogues gallery. Instead of fucking Ultron.

I know Keaton was reluctant to sign on but I hope he had fun doing it and feels like coming back. Also I wonder what Toomes wanted on the ferry or in Washington? The indoor portion may be OSCORP

He looked like evil Ant-man. This is almost a complete Falcon rip of, down to the color scheme.

I'm all for the villain sharing design elements with the hero but tweaked to look distinct and more intimidating. I mean, that's basically what MCU Vulture does with MCU Falcon. But this doesn't do nearly enough to distance itself from Falcon.

Sorry man this is the MCU, the designs are always gonna be somewhat grounded interpretations of the characters look in the comics. With that in mind I think we got a pretty good looking Vulture.

You got to admit, it would be pretty odd seeing Toomes fly around without a helmet going that high and that fast. Mysterio, Rhino, and perhaps Kraven could work being over the top

This design would be perfect if the bomber jacket was at least green-tinged. Using the jacket to replicate the furred collar look was an inspired choice, but it doesn't come together nicely with the big block of brown in the middle.

I know I'm going to get shit for this, but I think the MCU does some quality stuff costume wise. They find a nice balance between realistic, functional, and comic-y.

How about ..... tactical? And make his suit black.

Yes, im salty about Robocop remake.

>Disney is getting out their checkbook
No they're not. The movie is still being produced and funded by Sony Pictures.