So why do they hate Jerry so much? He's the only one who gives a shit about them and wants them to have a normal life

So why do they hate Jerry so much? He's the only one who gives a shit about them and wants them to have a normal life

the ratings showed that jerry just wasn't popular on reddit

Why do they hate sneed so much?

Can we just talk instead of throwing stale memes around?

you can talk about whatever you want

that's the standard model for american television going back for decades, a weak effeminate loser father who doesn't even deserve to have a family being ostracized and disrespected by his own dependents. Thanks juice!

STAN's?

Whoever tied these two together is a bona fide meme master of the highest echelon.

People are saying on reddit that the joke is that the store was named chucks fuck and suck because it follows the rhyming pattern like sneeds feed and seed
But i thought prostituion was illegal? What would chucks fuck and suck sell? It has to be chucks feed which sneed then bought

While we're throwing stale memes around, here's a permavirgin and Mexico favorite:
>BIG GUY 4U

Because he's a faggot about it. It's a comedy staple to have someone pathetic to laugh at, but you are right, he does actually have some good motivations.

He is supposed to be disliked, doesn't that makes him a decently written character?

>never spend more than 20 GBP on a meme

your daily reminder

Because the writers despise the idea of a strong father figure

>the villain of that game is named LeChuck............

nazis are faggots

I self identify with jerry. especially that bit where the mascot beth or w/e plays around. It reminds me of my oneitis obsession.

Because the audience is a bunch of Jerrys

Imagine being this fucking guy.

But the Jerry from season 1 turned into an alpha and lives in the apocalypse with Beth and Summer

Their universe's Meg Griffin. Show can't even bother to make an unlikeable character like Peggy.

If Jerry was a good dad then Morty wouldn't have a reason and/or time to go running off with his grandpa. They'd be off doing things together and Morty wouldn't go near his weird alcoholic grandad.

I dunno man that guy looks like the type to really, really hate Nazis but, counter-intuitive to your claim, looks like a MASSIVE FAGGOT

this is odd to me

you can always tell when someone is simple minded because they dislike peggy

It's about destroying the mother and the father figure.

Dan Harmon has a deep hatred for traditionalism amd family.

He honestly believes that a functional, loving family unit does not exist. That they pretend to be normal. He is a sick sick man.

they both are to be fair

She was made to be dislikeable, for the most part. Nothing wrong with disliking her, considering that was the writers intent.

Doesn't mean she wasn't a great character.

ALAN WRENCHES

From what I've seen, even they dislike Beth more.

>that bit where the mascot beth

That was a good bit. Jerry was just an indescisive shlub, who really loved his wife and was afraid of losing her because she is apparently out of his league.

But they now thanks to Harmon's diversity grrl pwrrr hires, he is a horrible "beta male sexist and racist". Because all men are like that, except Chad who is exactly like that but i can't be mad at him because he is totes hots :3 so i'll just project this on every man who isn't Chad and just tries to get through the day.

Jerry doesn't even do anytning particularly wrong other than hitting a snag in his career and Beth and Summer and Morty IMMEDIATELY turn on him and we're supposed to take their side in this unironically.

no. she was written as flawed, which everyone is, she's only human.
despite her naivety she was one of the most loyal and wise people on the show, hank even states this.

pathetic

ok Harmon your views on family dynamics are totally healthy and applicable in real life without any issues,

Everyone on that show is flawed, but not many did the same stuff as Peggy.

It's not that hard to imagine the writers probably have some rule of "make Peggy do something egotistical".

Understanding that and still disliking her character doesn't mean you're simple minded.

Listen to Dan Harmon talk.

He believes everyone has his sickness and they are pretending to not be like him.

He seeks to spread his disease. Everything he makes, he eventually subverts. Subversion and perversion are his ideas of complexity. A sick, sad man.

What the heck is the joke? Is there even a joke there? Why did they add this in?

is this where we pretend to like the unemployed, antagonistic deadbeat character, not as simply being part of the dynamic of the show but to just be contrarian.

I want to see Justin socially dominate Dan. And everyone turns on Dan and he kills himself.

>Peggy
>wise
Does the contrarianism of this shithole know no bounds?

thanks

okay, I'll check him out
to play devil's advocate though, if you feel a certain way then surely your work will reflect that, that doesn't necessarily mean you're trying to spread your views

They were killed off in the season 3 opening.

>Does the contrarianism of this shithole know no bounds
watch the show and look at how she deals with people.
for example, the death of hank's father

"Wisdom" is not the same as just knowledge/raw intelligence and is understood as being distinct by people who are not literal fucking retards like yourself.

No just the father. The crimes of the mother are ignored by society. While the father has been stripped of have pride. The mother remains an idolized figure. Notice how it's all excuses for Beth.

agreed. Jerry did nothing wrong.

thatsthejoke.jpg

>reddit and memey
kill yourself

They were just frozen. Ice melts

(You)

>literal unironic redditors
Fucking hell.

No, you fucking simple minded retard.

Beth as a mother figure has been subverted too. She is willing to abandon her kids as a divorcee, when her kids need her the most. Her entire being is about being worthy enough for her father's love. She was a good mother subverted by Dan's sickness just as Jerry was.

Beth and Jerry are not bad parents. They are decent, with big flaws. At one point, they all loved each other. At no point before season 3 do they do anything to warrant "evil" status.

Dan simply does not understand this concept. It is alien to him. So he subverts. Beth now resents her children and Jerry for pushing Rick away. Jerry is now literally one of the worst people ever for not having a job and being an annoying needy pushover. Dan is Rick. He ruined the family because he does not understand family.

i puked on a nazi last week

This. People forget that Hank and Peggy share a lot of their flaws, such as their naivety, their pride, their unambitious aspirations. They're just shown differently, like Hank not realising that guy was a transvestite or Hank being upset over anonymous pictures of his bowels.

The latest episode literally had Rick tell Beth that "she's not evil, she's worse: smart" and then give her the fool proof no worries ultimatum that if she wanted to just up and fuck off from her two children to travel the world and do whatever in the wake of her recent divorce he would make her a subservient "clone" to replace her motherly role

as with everything else in this show they hide behind irony and the excuse that Rick or others like Beth or even Summer are not infallible except Rick is infallible except when he isn't to serve the plot or make a vaguely veiled political comment or... He's right about everything until their thinly veiled endorsements of certain acts or lifestyles or whatever could be called out and then you're supposed to remember he's a deeply flawed individual who occasionally tries to kill himself or something to droning female vocalist indie music, as well as what amounts to a God and literally the smartest man in the universe(s)???

damn abandoning your children worry free to go fuck every flavor of dick after recently divorcing your husband? sounds like something those cat lady self-inserting female writers would unironically suggest as empowering or cool or the decision to make except, WAIT, NO! DON'T SAY THAT, RICK IS CLEARLY NOT A PERSON TO TAKE LIFE SUGGESTIONS OR LIFE CHANGING OFFERS FROM HE'S ALL FUCKED UP DUDE

just like they weren't implicitly advocating political violence before "punch a nazi" was even a thing... the beloved infallible Rick that their fanbase idolizes completely also beats up a kid and some other people too so it's a joke! except Dan Harmon went on a 10 minute rant a few weeks (2 seasons later) ago unironically saying 29% of the population of America are Nazis and advocating political violence against these people

DAAAAMN DUDE IS THIS THE POWER OF POST-MODERNISM AND INSTITUTIONALIZED IRONY?!

I feel like Rick and Jerry would've been good friends if Jerry hadn't married Beth

this shit is low barrier to entry pseudo intellectualism
the same way people invoke southpark for political commentary or comedy central for their sole source of news, john the jew

Maybe Jerry is the creator's self insert. Or maybe Rick and Jerry are both the creator's self insert. They both hate themselves, and Rick is what the creator wishes he was, and Jerry is what the creator knows deep down he is.

Harmon got divorced between season 2 and 3, right? So Jerry gets split from Beth at the beginning of season 3, and Jerry as a character just gets shittier and shittier because Harmon is wallowing in self hatred and regret, like that clay model of himself on his production company card at the end of the credits.

So the newer writers just go with it, and Jerry is further flanderized into the biggest piece of shit ever.

I wish. They are the master race.

Looks like a bro T B H

Jerry is a fucking pathetic piece of shit. While his wife is out at work making money AND taking care of the kids, he just sits at home feeling sorry for himself.

Why is Sup Forums so obsessed with nuclear family if most of them are virgins who fap to cartoons and aspire to have a submissive chink woman fucktoy or a sexrobot?

t. Rick

you can just tell he wrote the pickle rick story line

>nuclear family

The Smith's were a regular loving family with flaws until Dan did his thing. He simply doesn't understand what unconditional love is