Books thread

Sup Forums does read, right?

Post what you've been reading. If you got something that's hard to find on the internet, also post download link.

I've been reading pic related and it's bretty good, a great place to start if you want to learn about the history of feminism. Would post a link if I had already managed to strip the DRM, but will later.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.valka.cz/files/elford_190.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is my favorite book.

And what's that about?

A)

inb4 mein kampf, mein kampf, and more mein kampf

Jesus Christ. Schlafly on feminism... you've got to be fucking joking.

That's like reading Mein Kampf to get the history of Judaism.

I don't like feminists, but Schlafly was a certified loon.

advocating a third 'egoistic' stage in your life where personal satisfaction is the centerpiece and no spooks send you down any other path. this stage is beyond the first 'realistic' stage in life where your actions are generally bound by your surroundings (family etc.), and is also beyond the 'idealistic' stage where your actions are bound by internal factors (morals/religion/etc.)

also reading some math

I recently read Nate Silver's The Signal and The Noise, which is basically about what information is and how do you use it.

Someone post that Mega link with the pol books

You are a loon. I've read through the first chapter already and it's excellent. It really is a great place to start. Mentions a lot of subjects with book and articles about them so that you are able to investigate further. I started reading that book and ended reading reviews of studies about the effect of day care on children thanks to it.

This.

Can anyone recommend some non fiction books about political intrigue or espionage? I recently finished Thirteen Days by RFK, nice little excerpt from his memoirs about the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Next up is Red Notice by Bill Browder's Red Notice.

Does it say Jews in it? Cause if it doesn't, than it was written by a Jew

Some images i saved from Sup Forums
I didnt read those tho

Thats it

>advocating a third 'egoistic' stage in your life where personal satisfaction is the centerpiece
sounds degenerate to me

OK, take your own advice and start reading the volumes of material that detroys Schlafly's nonsense and, as you say, investigate further. The more you read the more you will find she is at best scientifically ignorant and at worst an outright liar.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but she was a fucking nutcase. A clever one, but a nutcase nonetheless.

I'm currently reading through the Emberverse. It's pretty terrible, but I don't believe in the sunk cost fallacy.

What material?
I've been reading her writings against day care and then also the studies made about the effects of it on children and what she says seems on point. It does harm to the children, which is a good argument for having stay at home mummies.

Almost finished reading the devils guard.

It's about Germans on the eastern front who following the end of the war, had a choice of giving themselves over to the soviets, or try and get home.

A group of mish mashed units from all over band together on top of a mountain.

Some decide to give up to the soviets, get gunned down as they approach singing.

The others fight until they have to split up and head to their homes.

Many find their homes gone, families dead or missing, places where they can't stay.

A large number then continue and join the french foreign legion, deployed against communists on the Chinese border, they become some of the best and unconventional fighters against the communist forces.

Awesome book, cannot recommend enough.

It's hilarious seeing Harry Potter in that sort of company. It's a bit like seeing a drawing of Peppa Pig at the Louvre.

Google it, mate. There's shitloads of stuff countering her ultra conservative bullshit. Her "arguments" only make sense to the mentally inadequate fringe of the raving right.

Just because some lunatic manages to get a book published doesn't mean you have to swallow it hook line and sinker.

forum.valka.cz/files/elford_190.pdf

Here's a link to that book for anyone interested.

Thank you, I couldn't link it from my phone for some reason.