Which show is more true to the original Star Trek?

Which show is more true to the original Star Trek?

neither.

Orville is nether a funny parody nor compelling space adventure series. Discovery is just generic as fuck.

>orville has plot about other species that we dont understand and how meddling not star fleet deals with it

Correct.

The Orville

orville is more true but it is still unwatchable garbage.

Discovery is an action adventure show.
Orville is a procedural planet/alien of the week show

>original Star Trek
>original

fuck TOS, jesus. it was bad and it still is bad.
literally the only thing that shit ever had going for it was MUH BLACK WOMAN ON THE BRIDGE and MUH GUYS WITH BLACK/WHITE FACES DOWN THE MIDDLE.

If a show wants to catch my attention as being the spiritual successor to Star Trek it needs to paint itself as "the next TNG/DS9", not that campy 50s space serial schlock.

Discovery captures amazement at beauty of the universe and exploration of alien cultures.
So it wins.

If you like Star Trek TV then Orville

If You Like Star Trek Movies then STD

TOS is the best Trek

your childhood is not going to come back, sorry

t. boomer whose second mortgage went to pay for his daughter's wedding to jamal

The Orville

STD is your generic space war drama sci-fi show.
The Orville feels more Trek.

IT'S OLD AND CORNY REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>STD is your generic space war drama sci-fi show.
>The Orville feels more Trek.
DIS is beautifully imagined show about exploration of universe and contacting other cultures.
Orville is badly made attempt at comedic SF which fails and looks like some garage production.

I'm not going to watch the Orville because it's made by rabid anti-Trumpers.

Letting politics influence my media? You're goddamn right. Some things are a lot more important than some shitty television show, and I am not obligated to indulge the delusions of shrieking leftist madmen for my entertainment consumption.

>DIS is beautifully imagined show
Are you a woman?

>DIS is beautifully imagined show about exploration of universe and contacting other cultures.

>Discovery captures amazement at beauty of the universe and exploration of alien cultures.

Unless you're being sarcastic ...

So far we've seen the second-in-command imply (on the planet) that she'd ignore the prime directive, then, on-board ship, mutiny by ignoring a direct order from her captain, assaulting that captain, and prepare to fire first on a Klingon ship.

Doesn't sound very Star Trek to me.

STD is literally ‘evil drumpf klingons’ the show, Orville has been good so far.

I'm not watching STD either, that's obviously garbage and no one should have expected anything different from any Trek made after 2010.

fpbp

The Orville. Neither of them are very true to the other series at any rate.

Please refresh those numbers. STD is lower.

Correct.