I can't find his legs?

So what's the consensus on Sly's acting skills? I loved him in Rambo, Tango & Cash, Copland, Daylight and the Demolition man. That's about it. Never cared too much about the rocky ones. Still, he's a hollywood hero in my book. Doesn't matter if the expendables was pure shit front to back.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YRgu1ZJ0EO4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He's good

He's not as bad as some might think.

Scene you're mentioning in the title is brilliantly acted. He has one or two other scenes like it. The night before he fights Apollo in Rocky where he confesses to his girlfriend he knows he can't win and he just wants to avoid being knocked out so he doesn't feel like a loser is another beautifully acted scene. The raw talent was there he never really got good direction.

I've also noticed an acceleration in the way classical action heroes were stepping into comedy. Never saw Stop! or my mom will shoot. But once the rock got into a tooth fairy suit it was over for me. Vin Diesel did it some years earlier. Apparently it's a given if you're an action star hero you have to turn into a cuck at some point in order to sustain your box office durability. But where are the action heroes of before? The actual mugs?

First Blood and Rambo 4 were kino

also pic related

He used to be fantastic but his voice - possibly due to smoking or plastic surgery or just his skin sagging off - is no longer fit for acting. He could be eloquent up til the 90s, now it's a struggle to understand one word that comes out of his mouth. Tango & Cash is probably his most enjoyable role because it's so far from what he'd been typecast as.

Rambo 4 was fucking unwatchable. I turned it off twenty minutes in and never looked back. Love the first three, specifically First Blood Part 2. The piss poor direction, shitty digital filming, and fucking unforgivable CGI blood/gore are an insult to what came before them. Fuck that piece of shit.

Remember when it was right for binning this trash? My terminator just got pregante.

First one was a bit of soul searching. Second one held a love story. Third one was just for the heck of it, still pretty fun though. You've got to give him credit for not comletely fucking it up on the rambo department : he kept his shirt on, and it went against the spirit of times. Same with the last Rocky. While the idea is easy found, there's still a story there. And he manage's to capture it in a captivating way. I would put him on par with Kevin Costner, as far as failures go.

It's called limited range.

He kind of blows it whenever he reaches the top. Icon status will go to person's head. But he's a repeated self-starter success story. That's admirable.

i adore sly stallone. i adore him. he's a fucking great actor.

The scene where he cries over Mickey in III is pure talent

>the end of First Blood
>pretty much all of Balboa

Sly is a top actor when he wants to be
Usually when it's a passion project for him that involves a strong character he can relate to himself

The only thing I can't figure out is why he didn't retain any of that for Rambo 4
I mean the gore is great, but Rambo is a cardboard cut out in that film

Good in his range, but limited range.

wat it do bois

>717
so close

He was surprisingly the best part of Cliffhanger

fucking draft dodging coward...

This is both mean and inaccurate.

Aging sucks bros

>Not loving his performance in Cobra
Ayyyyyyy

Pretty sure he had a stroke in the 90s.

You should watch Lock Up. You'll gonna love it too.

Never seen it. Too busy trying to catch some titties in between the curtains .I supect it's 'Raw Deal' tier.

youtube.com/watch?v=YRgu1ZJ0EO4
>KINO
>I
>N
>O

Watch Over The Top right now.