Comfy Horror Thread

So October is coming up and I wanna watch a bunch of comfy horror movies.

What is some Sup Forums approved horror?

My picks
>Sleepy Hollow
>Beetlejuice
>Trick 'R Treat

Other urls found in this thread:

thoughtcatalog.com/emily-madriga/2017/09/here-are-all-the-horror/
youtube.com/watch?v=bncCV7z-lPI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i came for the christina ricci tits. i leave fulfilled

I think that girl who fucked in the ditch was hotter desu

honestly dont even remember that part. going to watch it again because its a good movie regardless of muh dick. those decapitations are quality

I think Ricci's mom slept around with the people who got killed and Ichabod saw them fuck in a ditch she was hot as fuck

A Nightmare On Elm Street
Dracula
Sinister

Guilty pleasure

Man this movie was really crappy. I'm sure when they were making it they knew it wasn't going to be good but still. It could at least have some funny moments which it doesn't. All tongue in cheek stoner humor. I like the very 90's aesthetics it has but wow is it bad.

Elm Street is legit

Dracula (1931)? Looks cool I will add it to my list

>Sinister
On the fence if this is modern trash horror but I like Ethan Hawke so okay I'll check it out

Oh and before I forget. It could have easily been a 10/10 if they had just gotten Jessica Alba to strip naked.

>Dracula (1931)? Looks cool I will add it to my list
How have you never seen the most iconic Dracula in the history of ever?

>On the fence if this is modern trash horror but I like Ethan Hawke so okay I'll check it out
It is trash horror. You'd have to be the most casual of shit taste normies in order to like it.

The Frighteners is good, and so are Pet Sematary and Christine, even if I don't remember how comfy these last two are.

>mfw I unironically like Halloween 3: season of the witch

There's also the first two movies of the Mummy Trilogy and Van Helsing, even if those are more adventure than horror.

>Seth Green
>Jessica Alba
>Featuring The Offspring and Zebrahead music
Fuck it I'll watch it

>How have you never seen the most iconic Dracula in the history of ever?
Usually never watch movies made before the 60's

Pet Sematary is trash. The other 2 looks good though

The first movie is decent

Brendan...

the hound of the baskervilles.

>The Frighteners
It's not even Peter Jackson's best horror film. Too much garbage CGI. If you his good shit watch Dead Alive or Bad Taste
>Pet Sematary
Garbage and one of the worst Stephen King adaptions
>Christine
not even one of John Carpenter's best. Just watch They Live or The Thing.

I just watched An American Werewolf in London and i loved it

Also this

>I unironically like Halloween 3: season of the witch
Dude this is not even an unpopular opinion at this point. I've met tons of people who say it's the best Halloween movie. It's more original than a psycho in a mask stabbing teenagers.

me toobuddy

>first two movies of the Mummy Trilogy
They're all garbage. If you wan't a good Mummy movie just watch the Hammer Mummy film. Also fuck Brendan Fraser.
>Van Helsing
crappy CGI fest

what have you been doing your entire life? It's the greatest Werewolf film ever made.

>TCM airing lots of foreign horror films for October
>all at like 2 in the morning
I understand why but shit, having to keep a normal sleep schedule sucks. I doubt this scenario even exists anymore but I hope somewhere there's a kid waiting until the early hours of the morning to sneak into the living room and watch Eyes Without a Face.

Dude just record it like what i'm doing. Who the fuck watches that shit live?

I'm mainly looking forward to some of the more obscure Japanese and French films I've never got to see.

thoughtcatalog.com/emily-madriga/2017/09/here-are-all-the-horror/

why can Halloween films be so comfy?

Trick 'r Treat is great

this was the kind of shit my friends always rented and i hated it
i would love to watch that again now

Oh, so this is sleepy hollow. Thanks OP. I always wondered what was all the fuss about.

Turns out it was a classic film. My language called that film "The Headless Rider", so no wonder I never saw people talking about this film here, turns out that wasn't the name of the film at all.

Sleepy Hollow was kino

This movie was great, the director really nailed the references.

watching it right now desu

Nostalgia. Every kid has good memories of Halloween.

>Nostalgia
dude that shit is only a decade old. Unless you're 15, this shit shouldn't be nostalgic.

I was 13 when it came out and I watched it with some friends on a lan party. You can be nostalgic about that

You can't be nostalgic at the age of 13. You're a teenager at that point. the term nostalgia is used for the moments you had as a little kid.

What you're thinking of is just a fond memory.

Another guilty pleasure

>the term nostalgia is used for the moments you had as a little kid
No retard

>a sentimental or wistful yearning for the happiness felt in a former place, time, or situation.

THE NINTH FUCKING GATE

Also, I feel I should rewatch Halloween. Always used to love back in the day when USA and Sci-Fi Channel would show Halloween and The Thing and a lot of other Horror during October.

>using google definition
>calling someone else a retard
user pls.

>I feel I should rewatch Halloween
Slasher garbage. Just watch Halloween III.

Comfiest Jasonkino reporting in.

>comfiest
>not II

None of the F13 are any good but if it's your thing I guess they can be somewhat cozy.

I think a psycho in a mask stabbing teenagers wasn't very unoriginal 40 years ago.

Here's 15 for you to choose from:

1. Låt den rätte komma in (Let The Right One In) (2008). Avoid the U.S. remake like the plague.

2. Fright Night (1985). Avoid the remake.

3. Near Dark (1987). Interesting fact about this movie - three of the main actors were in Aliens (also released in 1987).

4. The Lost Boys (1987). This made my summer in '87. Great soundtrack and overall just a great film.

5. The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967). A movie of it's time.

6. Lair of the White Worm (1988). Not quite a vampire movie, but in the similar vein (see what I did there?). Story by Bram Stoker, movie by Ken Russell. Worth checking out - definitely not for kids.

7. The Lady In White (1988). This film didn't do as well as it should of, but was praised by critics back in the day.

8. Something Wicked This Way Comes (1983). From a story by Ray Bradbury. Pretty good film - Jonathan Pryce alone makes it worth watching.

9. Poltergeist (1982). Yeah....this is a brilliant film. Avoid the remake - I mean...they gave away the game early on in the movie.

10. The Shining (1980). Right from the start, you know this film is gonna get you. AND...and...avoid the crappy 1997 remake.

11. Salem's Lot (1979). I can only remember two times when I was a kid that I actually hid behind the chair when something scary was on - the first time was the episode of Kolchak: The Night Stalker with the vampire and the second time was watching Salem's Lot. It's still has its fright value almost 40 years later.

12. Halloween (1978). The original - the one and only. Enough said.

13. Terror Train (1980). Jamie Lee Curtis and David Copperfield on a train with a psychotic killer.

14. Damien: Omen II (1978). You were expecting me to recommend The Omen? Nah. There's nothing more terrifying than a teen with Satanic powers.

15. The Thing (1982). Veering off the traditional horror path here by blending in a bit of sci-fi. Another John Carpenter film on the list. Avoid the 2011 remake.

I dig baghead Jason, but Part VI is Saturday morning cartoon type of comfy. It's so silly and fun that I don't even mind the heavily censored kills.

The first eight entries are comfy schlock to the max. The fact that they're a middle finger to Paramount makes them all the more enjoyable.

Looks like a cool list I'll try to go through as many as I can.

I've already seen Låt den rätte komma in it's great

It was considering it was pretty common years before Halloween came out.

The only thing the original Halloween did was popularize the shitty genre.

>5. The Fearless Vampire Killers (1967). A movie of it's time.
Man this was shit.
>12. Halloween (1978). The original - the one and only. Enough said.
I think you're getting it confused with Season of the Witch.
>14. Damien: Omen II (1978). You were expecting me to recommend The Omen? Nah. There's nothing more terrifying than a teen with Satanic powers.
None of the Omen movies were good.

. Halloween (1978). The original - the one and only. Enough said.
>I think you're getting it confused with Season of the Witch.

No. Season of the Witch was 1983.

Frighteners is great, saw it at the theater. Pet Semetary is great, people who say it isn't are wrong. Christine is also great.

>Pet Semetary is great
Who are you kidding?

Ahem.

good picks

I would add
>Brotherhood of the Wolf
>Ginger Snaps
very comfy

The ninth gate is top fuckin comfy and higly re watchable. Sometime I just but the movie as background to fall asleep

I'm not kidding anyone, it's a great horror film.

It is a meme, like the assembly cut of Alien 3, it is just a contrarian meme that exisits for no raisin.

The first seven or eight Treehouse of Horrors are maximum comfy.

youtube.com/watch?v=bncCV7z-lPI

>Brotherhood of the Wolf
excellent but not really horror...well maybe, now that i think about it

definitely. but I wanted to kick that smarmy bitch in the throat during the entire movie

I marathoned all of them when the video game came out. I actual like part 9 a lot more after watching the crystal lake documentary, the director was fucking 26 and so out of his depth but just went for it.

For OP i gotta throw in the Scream movies.

Also Billy Club is a newer one that is not awful.

Mad props to my man Kane, but there's nothing comfier than the Frankenstein opening scene in VI.

I'd argue 9.

Although the episode with CGI Homer was honestly pretty garbage. The only decent story of that episode was the Groundskeeper Willie Nightmare on Elm Street spoof. I think it was the 6th one which is funny considering it was right after the best ToH.

I've been meaning to watch the doc. Is it any good? I'm getting Hearts of Darkness vibes from your post.

>i gotta throw in the Scream movies.

Keep them to yourself.

I will always love the Shining parody they did. It literally never gets old and I've seen it probably over a hundred times.